.Net Web App (client) / Web Service XML (server) HTTP Post

I think I have confused myself with reading all the articles on XML so I am
hoping someone can point me in the direction for each piece of the project I
am trying to develop.

1st Step - I need to have a Web app that will create an XML stream and send
it to a Web Services on our Web server

2nd Step - Need to create a  Web Service that will accept the XML Stream -
then "process" it, then send an XML Stream back

3rd Step - We the same app that was created in step 1, I need to be able to
read the new XML stream coming from the Web Service in Step 2.

If someone could point me to the correct procedures, I think I can add the
code to make it happen.  I am not sure what the requirements are - e.g. Do I
have to "serialize" the XML stream, then "deserialize" it in the services?,
How do I post the stream to a HTTP address?  Do I have to create the XML
info in memory first then send the stream? How do I stream?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance for all
the help.

0
smorgan (5)

Hello Scott,

Here is a set of documents that describes how to build web service in
ASP.NET.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconbuildingwebserviceclient.asp

In order to better understand your problem could you please describe the
task you are trying to accomplish in more details? For example, is it a
requirement that you need to pass XML stream to web services, or you can use
classes instead?

--
Thanks,
Eugene

"Scott" <smorgan@siuins.com> wrote in message
> I think I have confused myself with reading all the articles on XML so I
am
> hoping someone can point me in the direction for each piece of the project
> am trying to develop.
>
> 1st Step - I need to have a Web app that will create an XML stream and
send
> it to a Web Services on our Web server
>
> 2nd Step - Need to create a  Web Service that will accept the XML Stream -
> then "process" it, then send an XML Stream back
>
> 3rd Step - We the same app that was created in step 1, I need to be able
> read the new XML stream coming from the Web Service in Step 2.
>
> If someone could point me to the correct procedures, I think I can add the
> code to make it happen.  I am not sure what the requirements are - e.g. Do
> have to "serialize" the XML stream, then "deserialize" it in the
services?,
> How do I post the stream to a HTTP address?  Do I have to create the XML
> info in memory first then send the stream? How do I stream?
>
> Hope someone can point me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance for
all
> the help.

0
eugeneby (8)
1/6/2004 11:00:52 PM
Thanks for Eugene's response.

Hi Scott,

The Xml Web Service only takes parameters and return values that are Xml
serializable. You needn't serialize the parameters and return values
yourself, the proxy will do it for you. When you call the web method, just
add a web reference and use it as a common method.

Here's a reference about how to create Xml Web Service clients:

l/cpconbuildingaspnetwebserviceclients.asp

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

0
v-kevy (347)
1/7/2004 3:52:04 AM
Is there any articles that has source code I could review - ASP.NET and
VB.NET?
"Kevin Yu [MSFT]" <v-kevy@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for Eugene's response.
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> The Xml Web Service only takes parameters and return values that are Xml
> serializable. You needn't serialize the parameters and return values
> yourself, the proxy will do it for you. When you call the web method, just
> add a web reference and use it as a common method.
>
> Here's a reference about how to create Xml Web Service clients:

> l/cpconbuildingaspnetwebserviceclients.asp
>
> Kevin Yu
> =======
> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights."

0
smorgan (5)
1/7/2004 3:19:02 PM
Hi Scott,

Here's an example of how to create a web service.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsent7/html
/vbwlkwalkthroughbuildingwebservicewithmanagedcode.asp

For how to consume a web service in ASP.net, please refer to the following
link:

l/cpconcreatingwebformclient.asp

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

0
v-kevy (347)

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

Which process posts this window message ?
Hi, our company have product with MFC GUI application. We want to filter processing of windows messages which are posted to our GUI's windows from another processes. Does it possible to determine which process posted window message in our message queues ? Or some another solution, how to defend against unwanted window messages from another processes ? (For example setting suitable rights in our process or our threads ?) Peter There are no APIs I am aware of that allow you to determine the sender of a message. There is no known mechanism to secure a message agains...

Load JPG from Web
Hi, i can put a hyperlink in a cell, clicking on this will open the jpg via Internetbrowser i also can add a picture directly into the exceltable, but then the excelfile gets large Now my question: Is it possible to put a link into a cell, so when viewing the sheet excel loads the picture from a webserver into the cell ? the size of the excelfile would be smal and the jpg-files are up-to-date as on the webserver ? regards Ecki ...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder permissions different in server and in OL 2003 clients!
I set proper permissions for users in ESM Public folders on the 2003 server, but when they tried to open them, access was denied. I checked the permission properties at OL 2003 client and found that permissions are completely different from those set at the server! I checked on OL 2002 and earler, the persimissions look correct! These public folders were moved from an Exchange 5.5 server and some are newly created on the Exchange 2003. Is this a known problem that can be fixed? Thanks Bill I just found that OL2003 client only shows the name of the folder's owner (in this case my name...

Force outgoing SMTP to another SMTP server?
Ladies and Gents, I have a problem. I have an Exchange 2003 server Outlook 2002 (XP) workstations. (may consider moving to Outlook 2003 at a later date as it's brilliant) Anyhow,... The way this very small business is set up, is that the users download mail from a POP external mailbox over the net and store the mail on their Exchange server store. (don't ask and no I simply can not change it from this, budget is too small) Now the thing is, if they REPLY to an INTERNAL exchange recipient on the domain and CC in an EXTERNAL recipient, my exchange server (or perhaps the outlook clie...

MFC and .NET
We have a MFC application we are moving to VC 7.0 because we want to use the latest C++ compiler that comes with it. For moving to VC 7.0 we need to install the .NET framework though. My questions are, 1. Has anybody moved thier MFC application to .NET framework? Did you run into any issues? 2. What is the plan for MFC? Is there any end of life for this from Microsoft? Thanks, David I use all of my VC6 MFC apps and DLLs just fine with XP and VS.Net 2003. No need to port your code to .Net at all. WTH "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

Defining relations in XML Schema
Hi, I have a question related to the XML-Schema definition. Is it posible to define relations between elements? The following is my XML Schema: <xs:element name="root"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Country" type="Countries"/> <xs:element name="USZipCode" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="Adress" type="xs:string"/> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> <xs:simpleType n...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

Publisher 2007, in "publish web site" it only lets me save.
I have converted my page to html, but when I go to publish the site it will only let me save it. I can't get to the dialog box where I would type in the destination URL. I tried downloading service pack 1 for Office 2007, but it didn't help. Reference: Prepare, publish, and maintain your Publisher Web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA100947601033.aspx It is written for Pub 2007. If you are using IE7 instead of IE6, then the directions for using Vista would apply. FTP uploading has changed with the introduction of IE7. If you choose to use FTP uploading then co...

Restore a exchange 2000 backup to a exchange 2003 server
I have made a backup with ntbackup from a mailbox storage from a exchange 2000 server on a windows 2000 server. I want to restore the backup on a exchange 2003 server on a windows 2003 server. This gives an error and it has something to do with the computername. How can I solve this? What is the error name? Have you tried to rename the target machine to the name of source machine? Jurri´┐Żn wrote: > I have made a backup with ntbackup from a mailbox storage from a exchange 2000 server on a windows 2000 server. > > I want to restore the backup on a exchange 2003 server on a windows...

Exch Server 2003 External Email Addresses
This is probably the most basic of questions and the easiest to answer - except if like me you have just had your Exch 5.5 replaced with Exch 2003 and have only the installation CD. How/where do you enter addresses for external email recipients???? In 5.5 it was straight forward - make up a Custom Recipient. But I cannot find out how to do it in this "modern version". I've even searched here, google and MS but either I'm using the wrong criteria or its too basic to have been asked........ Any advice please, to retain my sanity Cheers Stan Just go into Active Directory ...

Sync new entities into outlook client
I would like to ask if there is any way to synchronize new entities ( forms ) that were developed by me using the CRM sdk into the microsoft outlook & view this information when working offline. ...

Service/Repair Shop ad-on
Does anyone know of a Service/Repair Shop ad-on? Thanks, Tom Tom, We have had RMS in a ATV/Motorcycle Sales & Service shop for 2 years. If you are interested in the solutions we provided for them please give us a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "RMS" <mail@woodenwheels.com> wrote in message news:1187048007.062916.171110@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Does an...

Double-Postings of Incoming Email
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 operating in Windows XP. Today, for the first time, I have been receiving doubles of every incoming email message. I called my ISP, and was informed that they only had one of each message on their server. They said the problem might be with the e-mail client. Anyone have any input here? Thanks, Matt go to Tools, Email accoutns and ensure that there is one account set for default. Alos, check the settings for each account,. Sometimes to he inbound needs "mail".isp.domain, and any other account needs "smtp".isp.domain >-----Original...

How to access the SQL server express from mfc application?
I have an mfc application that received data from the internet and want to store the data in a SQL server express database. How do I do it (including connecting to the database, retrieving, updating, or inserting the data to the data tables) search "Visual C++ ADO Programming" in MSDN. -- Sheng Jiang Microsoft MVP in VC++ "Kueishiong Tu" <KueishiongTu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF4F4775-4601-4F79-A09A-C35DC53C11A5@microsoft.com... > I have an mfc application that received data from the internet and want to > store the > data in a SQ...

xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete
Hello, I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around Thansk Alejandro P. ? <alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esj0OEWYEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration > App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but > not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around > >...

Mailbox maintenance via the WEB or Webservice ?
We are looking for a product which lets our Exchange 2003 users (customers) maintain their Mailboxes, Public folders and some parts of their AD Accounts via the web. Many thanks for any recommendation ??? Does anybody know or has experience with a product called hostedexpress ??? You should have a look at www.msnetsoft.com! There is a nice and cheap WEB tool available called hostedexpress. It works with web services and therefore it is a secure application. With it's WEBGUI you are able to administrate all AD/MS Exchange properties. One of the best benefits is to delegate as a ce...

Chart Class Module/follow on question to hyperlink post earlier.
I will need to create a class module to handle the multiple chart linking I need. However, on the other worksheets there are other charts that I do not want this module to be active for. Example: Consolidated Sheet Charts 1-10 I will need the class module to work with these charts. Individual Sheet Charts 1-3. The class module should not be active. Can I turn the class module on and off? These charts are all auto generated (both on the individual sheets and the consolidated). My printer ran out of paper and I didn't realize I didn't have the full article. You can disr...

Invalid Association using Web Mail with Larger Attachment
CRM 3.0 When I using the direct web mail function and sending 1M attachment, I got "Invalid Association" " The request association is not valid. However, it works with smaller attachment or no size problem if the outlook is the client. I modified the Web.config for maxRequestLength="8192" and the Registry Key "maxuploadfilesize to 7D0000 (8192000, 8M)" and still have the same problem. Any suggestion? Thanks! ...

Upgrading from Office X Service Pack 1
Hello I purchased Office X (Student and Teacher Edition) today. Applications installed OK, but upgrade to 10.1.2 from Service Pack 1 fails. At the first attempt I get "This updater could not find Office v.X or you have clicked cancel......" I then remove the MS Component Plugin file. The installer finds the directory but returns the message "An error prevented the update from completing. 11002:2,-14" I have tried all the recommended trouble shooting techniques including - reboot my Mac (!), switch virus checker off, shut down all other applications, I've even tried r...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net I don't like the site because 1) There are 3 sets of adverts on each page 2) The page is fixed with, which is very annoying. I am reading on a wide-screen laptop but find I am limited to approximately 60 characters per line, I can't read articles like that! Pete ...