=?UTF-8?B?UmVtaW5kZXIgLSBNaWNyb3NvZnQgUmVzcG9uZHMgdG8gdGhlIEV2b2x1dGlvbiBvZiBDb21tdW5pdHk=?= #2

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective September 12, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is scheduled for closure in the upcoming months and we would like to invite you to participate at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xmlandnetfx/threads forum(s).  An exact date will be posted in advance as plans are finalized.

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com
0
nntp (12)

Breaking Links in Excel 2000 #2
How do I break a Link in Excel 2000; I can see how to do it in Excel 2003, but I am using 2000; can anyone help. Hi Nevio, Try the following: - Ctrl F to find - look for .xls and .csv and manually amend any formulae that contain references to other sources. Also search for any other file extensions of files to which you may be linked. If you have a bunch of linked cells together, select them all, copy and paste as values to remove the links. - If you have range names set up, select Insert, Name, Define from the menu and amend or delete any names that relate to other workbooks. - If...

Reading and writing UTF-8 files
I have to do some simple text editing to large-ish (2 Mbyte) html files generated by Word. They are, I believe, in UTF-8. It is the !%^&* problem where single apostrophes become sequences of funny characters, some spaces are shown as unprintable characters, etc. The following code just reads and writes a file, and shows the problem. It applies whether I use a String or a StringBuilder, and whether or not I explicitly force UTF-8 encoding. Can somebody just tell me basically how to copy an html file by reading it in and then writing it out, which is all the following meth...

Read Receipts #8
Does anyone know why when I read a Message in Outlook 2003 the read receipt is sent but with the TO field blank. This causes some SPAM filters to return the message thinking its SPAM? I have tried with several different people and they all get the blank TO fields in the receipts, but when I read a message in OWA it sends it OK... Any comments... PLEASE HELP Thanks ...

Money 2003 problem #2
I started reconciling bank account and clicked postpone so I could finish later. When I went back to finish, I get an error message that says <AC206> is not a valid interest amount. Since I clicked postpone and I had already entered the interest amount, now that box is dim and I can't change the <AC206> that's in there. In other words, how do I continue reconciling after clicking postpone? You should have a transaction in the register for the interest. Can you delete that outside of the balancing function? "Anna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgNjc5NDA=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

=?Utf-8?B?2YPZitmB2YrYqSDYudmF2YQg2YXZitiy2KfZhtmK2Ycg2KrZgtiv2YrYsdmK2Yc=?= =?Utf-8?B?INmE2KrZiNi42YrZgSDYudiv2K8g2KfZg9io2LEg2YXZhiDYp9mE2YXZiNi4?= =?Utf-8?B?2YHZitmGINmI2KfZhNi52KfYptivINmF2YY=?=

TLS Issue #2
I have had TLS set up for two domains on my network for the past year or so. The other day my certificate expired and I stopped getting e-mails from these two domains. I renewed the certificate by going to the default SMTP Virtual Server properties, clicking on the Access Tab, then click on the Certificate button, and click renew, but am still unable to recieve e-mail from these domians where TLS was set up. I can send to them with no issues only recieving. I can telnet into my server issue a ehlo and see 250-TLS and 250-STARTTLS. When issueing a STARTTLS command I get a 220 2.0.0 ...

Publisher 2000 #8
When i start up publisher the page area shows as a blueish tint and all surrounding areas are fuschia like color. When i click on a text or picture frame took and drag the mouse arrow drags behind it and image as if i was in a paint mode or something. Opening existing files are ok. Uninstalled and reinstalled and sme problem. Any help on this problem would be appreciated greatly. Norm After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Norm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > When i start up publisher the page area shows as a > blueish tint and...

Problem with dates #2
Hi There, On my laptop when I enter a date in a cell (I am in UK so I have format day / month / year) as 1/12 it automatically changes it to 1/12/2005. But when I do the same on my desktop it changes it to 1/12/2006 - is there a setting that effects this as I can't see why it reacts differently. Ta Andi Hi Check your Window's system date (Control Panel>Date and Time, or in Excel, into any cell type =TODAy() - and check the returned date) -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee ) "Andibevan" <Andibevan@notehere-hotmail.com> wr...

If color in a then value in b
Hi all, The perfect answer for my situation would be a formula, however i may have to resort to code. Any input appreciated. In Col L (row 5 to 108) i have numbers, which through conditional formating, turn colors. If the color is Bold Blue, then i need that value put into Col M, otherwise nothing. IE: (in M1) If(L1=Color is Bold Blue,L1,"") -- Desert Piranha ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28934 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

=?ks_c_5601-1987?B?VmlydHVhbEZyZWUgsKG787jeuPC4riDH2MGmvcMguN648LiuILiv?= =?ks_c_5601-1987?B?ua7Bpi4u?=
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C69ED8.3B18E690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ks_c_5601-1987" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =BE=B2=B7=B9=B5=E5 =C5=AC=B7=A1=BD=BA=B8=A6 =B8=B8=B5=E9=B0=ED Run() = =BA=CE=BA=D0=BF=A1 =BE=C6=B7=A1=BF=CD =B0=B0=C0=CC =B0=A1=BB=F3 = =B8=DE=B8=F0=B8=AE=B8=A6 =C0=E2=BE=D2=BD=C0=B4=CF=B4=D9. =B1=D7=B7=B1=B5=A5, =C0=CC=B7=B1 =BE=B2=B7=B9=B5=E5=B0=A1 7=B0=B3 = =C1=A4=B5=B5 =C0=D6=B1=B8=BF=E4. =B0=E8=BC=D3=C0=FB=C0=B8=B7=CE = =B7=E7=C7=C1=B8=A6 =B5=B9=B0=D4 =B5=C7=BE=EE =C0=D6=BD=C0=B4=CF=B4=D9. =B6=...

1/2 Page Numbers
I have created a Publisher Document that I am using as a manual. I will periodically publish updates to the manual and may need to insert pages. I would like to be able to number these new pages with decimals - for example, if I insert a two pages between pages 4 and 5, I would like to number the new pages 4.1 and 4.2. Is there anyway I can do this??? When I go into the format area it makes me choose a whole number. Apply a different Masterpage where the format for page numbering is 4.# Start the number over from 1 by inserting a section. Then on the following section restart the ...

Year End Closing #2
Hi It is noticed that some accounts(while does not have any transaction) are deleted while doing the year end close in Great Plains. Initially Reconcile and checklinks are done for each series. Immedietely after Year end close for financial series, many accounts are deleted from account master. Please anyone have idea about this? Thanks Jacob I believe accounts are removed that are marked as inactive and don't have a balance. "Microsoft News" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OMAjkKrPFHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > It is noticed that some ac...

multiple sheets, need help please #2
I am not sure how to communicate what I am trying to ask, so please bear with me. I have two sheets in a estimating workbook. Sheet one is the worksheet, sheet two is the print out sheet for customers. In one cell on the print out sheet I want one of two things to show up. In the worksheet, the two things are in two seperate cells, and to select them you would have to input how many of each in a seperate cell next to them. A simple IF function won't work for what I need. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you very much. Hi Kile You'll have to be a lot more specific! -- ...

Bank #2
Could someone explain to me why anyone would want to download activity from the bank rather than entering it yourself when the transaction occurrs? Personally I use Fleet bank (or as I call them Fleece bank) and woudln't trust the downloaded information. They make too many mistakes, are very sloppy in their transactions. So why would anyone trust their downloads? -------------------------------------------------- 11 days until John Kerry is elected our next president. 11 days until George W. Bush is sent packing back to Crawford Texas. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimite...

Help #8
I upgraded windows and when i re-installed outlook, i lost all my messages and my address book. I really want to get these back. Is there any way to get them? Please help me if you can. Thank you ...

publisher 97 #8
I have installed MS Publisher 97 on my machine running Windows ME but every time I try to run the program I get the following error message - "Can't load Custom Control DLL.'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSPUBG40.VBX" and the program locks up. I have tried repairing the program in Add and Remove programs in control panel and have unistalled it and reinstalled it - all without success. Is there a way to overcome this problem? Rename the MSPUBG40.VBX to MSPUBG40.old and drag a new instance from your CD. Be sure the file is in the c:\windows\system folder. If the VBX file is damage...

How do I change the column heading in Excel to display "A" "B" "C
I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc? Tools>Options>General tab>Uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Thai" <Thai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA01EA9C-1A7E-45AA-80C9-45DEC8382C19@microsoft.com... |I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the | column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc? ...

2 sheets, need just 1
In Excel 2003 I have two spreadsheets. One with 1200 records, the second with 2600 records. The sheet with 2600 records includes those records of the sheet with 1200, and shares a unique account number for each record. I have been updating the 1200 record sheet, we have added numerous additional columns, such as "status". I need to take these new fields and created in the 1200 record sheet, and match them to the unique account number and put them into the 2600 record sheet. How can this be accomplished while keeping my sanity? Thanks! http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgNDMzNzk=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

Why is my empty Excel workbook 2/3 MB in size?
Excel 2002 seems to retain tons of hidden stuff you thought you deleted from your workbook or VBA project. Two symptoms: 1. I had a 5-megabyte workbook. I: - deleted all worksheets but one - deleted all data and formatting on that remaining sheet - removed all hundreds of range names (manually, due to Excel 2002=92s notorious lack of defined-name management--which I understand has been improved in Excel 2007) - deleted all VBA modules and code - killed the workbook password, etc. My workbook is now a single empty spreadsheet. The VBA editor has no content. (The Project Explorer shows ...

E-Mail Problems #2
My e-mail account management has become corrupted? I'm not sure. I have several e-mail accounts from three different companies. One is an ISP, one is for a replicated website, and the others are from my own domains (all on a single shared server with a single master account). Yesterday morning I changed the server and login information for those with my domains to a new server (new hosting company). Everything seemed to be working okay in the morning, but in the afternoon things went haywire and Outlook began exhibiting the following symptoms: 1. It created a phantom 'second copy' ...

ACT! and OL2003 #2
Does anyone know how to get ACT! 6.0 and OL2003 to work together without crashing???? ...

Gift cards #8
can u help with these...plz 1.How to retrieve the value of a certain Gift Card which has been sold. 2.How to generate report on what is the value of the Gift Cards which have been sold but not used. 3.When the sale is complete, I get this notice “XML Render – Compiler Error: Token ‘GST’ was not found.” And after that detailed receipt is printed. This is a new error coming up after every sale Hi Angie.....(may I call u Angie?) If you are using VOUCHER items and VOUCHER tender types to sell and redeem your gift certificates, then 1 - Use CTRL-SHIFT-F3 VOUCHER to lookup a sold vo...

Question for experts IE 8 on Win 7
When I have an IE 8 window open, I experience a flickering in the taskbar. This stops when I minimize the window or run the cursor over it. Have run antivirus, spyware, malware... everything's good. Should I worry? Hi, Do you have the G'Mail Taskbar notifier installed? or the Google Task bar search box installed? On Win7 you can click on the Task Bar Notification area and then choose which 'services' you want displayed on the Task Bar. (other OS versions you need to disable these items from msconfig>Startup.) Ensure you have the latest versions of Goog...