"Underlying connection was closed" (error message)

I have a new Web Service (written in C#) that is giving me major problems.
The Consumer application is written in VB.NET. When executed totally on
localhost it works 100%. When standalone Web Service is executed on
production server using Form-based ASP.NET test mode, it works 100%. When
Web Service is executed on production server with Consumer on localhost it
works 100%. However when Web Service and Consumer are both executed
totally on same production server it fails at or after:

"System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()"

with:

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to
connect to the remote server.

Any ideas please? I do not (intentionally) use a proxy server. The
production server is behind a firewall.

John

Best Regards, John Walton
0