[IGNORE] Sorry! I sent this to the wrong group!!

I hate stupidity.  Most of all, my own.  Feel free to flame me if you think
I need to atone for my wrongs. :)

"John Ruiz" <no_email@provided.com> wrote in message news:...
PRE-SCRIPT:

This has ASCII diagrams.  I built them using a fixed-width font, so looking
at them in a proportional font may make my pretty drawings quite ugly.

GIVEN:

ROOT

|----NODE 1

|----NODE 2
|    |----NODE C
|    |----NODE D

- Built by stepping through Schema and building TreeNodeSrc
  XML String.

WHAT I WANT:

ROOT

|----NODE 1
|----NODE 2

- Built by stepping through Schema and building TreeNodeSrc
  XML String.

I only want the first level nodes and I don't want any post backs to the
server until the user clicks on a first level node, at which time, the
client will say to the server, "hey, I'm on Node 1 - give me the next level
of nodes under Node 1."

Then, the user sees:

ROOT

|----NODE 1
|    |----NODE A
|    |----NODE B

|----NODE 2

The reason for this is performance.  The number of total nodes in this tree
could eclipse 100, and I have read that the TreeView control scales as well
as a drunken sailor (while I don't know how well drunken sailors scale, I
have to assume that it's pretty badly).

Thus, I'm going to want to filter my events such that I only post back to
the server when it is necessary to do so.  Or maybe there's another, smarter
way to acheive my objective?

IMMUTABLES:

The fact that a TreeView-ish web control will be used.
The fact that the nodes could be greater than 100.
I am drinking Green Tea and I like it.
I am grateful for your help.

Thanks!
John Ruiz
I am John's witty signature.  Only fools don't laugh at it.

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

wrong type of join?
Hello I have returned to my attempt to get values from another table in a query! I have simplifed matters and made a little progress. Problem - the query only returns 1 row! I get the row where the name is school, 1118 is selected, type ="a", and the Renewal_cost = 100. Is it the wrong type of join? The SQL view for the query is SELECT [test-simple].name, [test-simple].[1118], [test-simple].[1116], [test-simple].type, IIf([1118], Switch( [type]="a",[test-simple-costs].school_1118, [type]="c",[test-simple-costs].personal_1118, [type]="d",[test-si...

Access Groups from IE?
Hi Everyone, In the past, I have used OE to access the groups. I can't access the groups this way from work any longer. Is there a way to get to the groups from IE? Thanks, Linda http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx "Linda RQ" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > In the past, I have used OE to access the groups. I can't access the groups > this way from work any longer. Is there a way to get to the groups from IE? > > Thanks, > Linda > > > . > "Linda RQ" <Romulan...

Way to restrict emails sent to large DL's to send after hours?
We've got a bandwidth issue at one of our larger offices that needs either a local Exchange Server or more bandwidth as emails sent with attachments to DL's that encompase all the users in that office (150+) brings their PC's to a grinding halt as all the users PC's have Outlook displaying it's trying to connect to the Exchange Server. Emails sent to those same DL's without attachments do not have this effect. Until I can get a local server installed or the bandwidth issue resolved we would like to restrict when emails can be sent to large DL's but the only...

how can I unsend a message I sent in Outlook Express
help Short answer, you can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, max asked: | help ...

sorry to interrupt...
Sorry to interrupt, but I just checked my account balance for a site that i joined a little while ago... and i made like $27 not doing a damn thing! I signed up, referred a few people, read a few emails and forgot about the site until today! Seriously, take a minute and just check it out! http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=voodoochild ...

Grouping Mail Merge Records and Printing a Group Header
Greetings, I need to be able to group records from a data source and display a group header. How can I accomplish this in Publisher 2003? -- David Guthu Not sure I know what you are wanting to do. Try the catalog merge, in step five convert to publication, insert your group headings. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "David G." <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9882A94-FC86-464A-BC1C-1F75D192E1F9@microsoft.com......

IF to ignore #N/A
Hi, I have a string of IF conditions, which I am combining with SUM. I want to get the IF conditions to ignore any cells containg the error message #N/A. How can I do this? Thanks, Bertie. -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398660 claytorm Wrote: > Hi, > > I have a string of IF conditions, which I am combining with SUM. I want > to get the IF conditions to ignore ...

time email sent and actually received
Several people in my office have reported that they are receiving emails sent at say 12:30 pm at 3:00 pm. The inbox then indicates the email was received at 12:33 pm. There is a lag of 3 hours before the email is actually received The inbox indicates that it was received 3 minutes after it was sent. It the problem with the Exchange Server? Please help What version of Outlook and Exchange? Do the users receive new mail notifications or do they have to change folders before new messages show up? If the latter, then see if this article applies: OL2000: You Cannot Receive New E-mail N...

Sorting ignoring alpahnumeric lists ignoring "the" and "an".
I am trying to sort a large alphanumeric list of titles, but wish to do so igniring definitive articles such as "The" and "an". Is there anyone that can tell me how to do this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ create a dummy column using =Substitute(Substitute(substitute(A1,"the ",""),"an ",""),"And ","") then drag fill down the column. Sort on the column with the formul...

Stop ignoring me! Emails on behalf of.
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email? * Email address has been changed to protect privacy use a rule that looks for words in the header - and use bob@random.rnd as the words? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Aut...

How to conume xml sent over http post
How do I consume xml and send back an xml response not using SOAP in an asp.net aspx page using vb.net? One way of achieving this is by using XMLHTTP on the client to POST XML-data to server. Then make a custom parser in the ASP.NET to read the XML from POST-data on the Request object. When you shall make response back to client, you put your XML-data in the Response.Write method. XMLHTTP will the receive the response on the client as pure XML. We have successfully used this method in VB6/ASP and in .NET in order to quickly make simple websites. You don't always have to use the...

testing: please ignore

messages not being moved to my sent items folder
Hello all, and thank you very much in advance for your help. A few days ago, I must have changed a setting or something, because now when I send e-mail in MS Outlook, the e-mails just in my outbox, changing from italicized dated e-mails to e-mails that have no sent date. For a day or so I tried resending these e-mails only to find out they are indeed being sent, but they don't then move to the sent items folder. This is frustrating and urgent, because all my business-tracking of correspondence is done by my dated e-mails that have for years automatically gone into my "sent ite...

Sent mail remains in Outbox AFTER it has been sent
I can tell it has been sent because the SEND button is not longer visible and instead the REPLY button is revealed as in any Sent mail plus I receive responses from the emails sent. This just started happening today. I have been manually moving them from the Outbox Folder to the Sent Folder. ...

Why is Cancel Ignored?
I have a situation where two fields (both Combo Boxes in this case) are optional if neither is used and required if either is used; i.e., if either one is used they must both be used. The Form BeforeUpdate property is '=CrossCheckKeys(0)'. The CrossCheckKeys function is: Function CrossCheckKeys(Cancel As Integer) Dim CurrForm As Form: Set CurrForm = Screen.ActiveForm With CurrForm If (IsNull(.Controls("comSinkKey")) And Not IsNull(.Controls("comSrceKey"))) _ Or (IsNull(.Controls("comSrceKey")) And Not IsNull(.Controls("comSinkKey...

Pivot Table Month Grouping ? ? ?
Hi All I basically have 2 data columns, the first is a date in the format dd/mm/yy and the second are sales values for that day. My question is this: When I create a Pivot Table from this, is there a way to show the data grouped by month without having to add extra columns to the data (e.g. =month(a1) =year(a1)) Many Thanks in Advance John Hi in the pivot table open the pivot table menu and choose 'Group / sort' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "John" <Johns2003@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4164e48c$0$15892$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... &...

group sales orders into one invoice for a customer
We have customers who receives multiple orders in a month, but would like to be invoiced two times per month. I would like to run one invoice on the 15th and 30th of the month that consolidates all sales orders shipped through the time period. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&qu...

Ignore Blanks
I have a worksheet that I copy cells from other worksheets. Just a simple copy/paste/link works great - unless the original cell is blank - and then it puts a 0% in. I need it to stay blank and not to put any value if blank but cannot figure out how to do that. I am not trying to sum or concatenate or any other forumula, simply updating various worksheets in a workbook weekly and have my master update from all the worksheets. I have over 57000 cells so I really don't want to have to manually update each cell when it's blank (not to mention I don't know since I do ...

Wrong message displayed
If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go back to read the message, it shows one message, no matter which one I select. It doesn't display any of the other messages. Where might this 'archive' folder be located ? 1. Storage folders 2. Email account If 2, is this a pop3, IMAP, or Hotmail(Http) account ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Marlon Medina" <MarlonMedina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93E6F96B-3619-4491-ADEA-DC84385C3374@microsoft.com... > If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go bac...

ignore
test ...

Emails sent to public folders not received
Our Exchange 5.5 site was migrated to Exchange 2003 Following the decomissioning of the Exchange 5.5 server, emails sent from external addressed to the mail enabled public folders were not being recieved. The senders were not recieving a bound back or NDR Emails from internal addresses were recieved. This was resolved by giving the anonymous account contribute permissions to the public folders. Question: What happened to the emails that were sent to the public folders before the permissions were changed? There was no NDR. Note: there is a mailsweeper in place Are the emails located on the ...

Summing #s while ignoring blanks...
Hello all, Before I ask my question I just want to thank you all in this group for your amazing helpfulness... I'd be so lost without this group! Thank you all! Now onto business... H2:H350 all have values... J2:J350 are always changing. by me inputting and deleting etc.. I want to be able to sum H2:H350 ONLY if there is a value in it's corresponding J cell... so if J2, J3, and J20 have values add H2, H3, H20. if I put a # in J4 add H4 too. I hope I worded my question in a way that makes sense... thank you all again! Try this: =3DSUMIF(J2:J350,"<>",H2:H350) H...

Sent Items from another mailbox
I have a mailbox set-up (mailbox A) and have full permissions and permissions to send from another mailbox (mailbox B). While logging on as Mailbox A and sending something from mailbox B the message appears in sent items of mailbox A. Is there anyway I can send something from mailbox B and while logged in as Mailbox A and have the message appear in the sent items folder of Mailbox B. I hope this hasn't confused anyone. ...

Email not sent when AD contact in distribution group.
Hello, He is my problem, I am adding a AD contact in a distribution group. My domain is local.local, my created contact is @abc.com. Inside my domain the distribution group works with my local.local but when it come to the @abc.com, the email are not sent. When I use my contact alone, everything is fine. Am i doing something wrong???? Thanks for your help. ...