"element is not declared" errors when validating xml from schema

I am writing a web application for job seekers, and am adding a
section that allows administrators to upload jobs to the system via
xml. I have used an xml schema to validate the xml they upload. The
website runs on IIS5 using classic ASP, and the xml validation is done
in a .NET component written in C# that is registered for COM interop
on the webserver.

I have a test application to test the .NET component, and that
application does not give any errors, however, when I run it in the
web application, it keeps coming back with errors on every element.

It just started having problems today, so I assume it's caused by some
change I made recently, but I can't figure out what.

The errors I get back are as follows:

The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:schema' element is not declared.
An error occurred at , (2, 2).
The 'version' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (2,
12).
The 'id' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (2, 71).
The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:simpleType' element is not
declared. An error occurred at , (4, 3).
The 'name' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (4, 17).
The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:restriction' element is not
declared. An error occurred at , (5, 4).
The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:restriction' element is not
declared. An error occurred at , (5, 4).
The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:enumeration' element is not
declared. An error occurred at , (6, 5).

the xml I am trying to validate is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Jobs>
<schemaVersion>1.10</schemaVersion>
<JobRecord>
	<JobID>1</JobID>
	<JobIDIsNew>true</JobIDIsNew>
	<JobDocType>53</JobDocType>
	<JobDocument>asdf</JobDocument>

against this schema:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xs:schema version="1.10" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
id="JobDataSet">
 <xs:element name="Jobs">
  <xs:complexType>
   <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="schemaVersion" type="xs:decimal" />
    <xs:element name="JobRecord" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded">
     <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element name="JobID" type="xs:integer" minOccurs="1"
maxOccurs="1" />
       <xs:element name="JobIDIsNew" type="xs:boolean" minOccurs="1"
maxOccurs="1" />
       <xs:element name="JobDocType" type="JobDocTypeType"
minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" />
       <xs:element name="JobDocument" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1"
maxOccurs="1" />

any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
mailing (2)

My mistake, it turned out I was passing the wrong xml to the validation
routine rather - it was the schema xml!

Derek wrote:
> I am writing a web application for job seekers, and am adding a
> section that allows administrators to upload jobs to the system via
> xml. I have used an xml schema to validate the xml they upload. The
> website runs on IIS5 using classic ASP, and the xml validation is
done
> in a .NET component written in C# that is registered for COM interop
> on the webserver.
>
> I have a test application to test the .NET component, and that
> application does not give any errors, however, when I run it in the
> web application, it keeps coming back with errors on every element.
>
> It just started having problems today, so I assume it's caused by
some
> change I made recently, but I can't figure out what.
>
> The errors I get back are as follows:
>
> The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:schema' element is not
declared.
> An error occurred at , (2, 2).
> The 'version' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (2,
> 12).
> The 'id' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (2, 71).
> The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:simpleType' element is not
> declared. An error occurred at , (4, 3).
> The 'name' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (4, 17).
> The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:restriction' element is not
> declared. An error occurred at , (5, 4).
> The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:restriction' element is not
> declared. An error occurred at , (5, 4).
> The 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:enumeration' element is not
> declared. An error occurred at , (6, 5).
>
> the xml I am trying to validate is:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <Jobs>
> <schemaVersion>1.10</schemaVersion>
> <JobRecord>
> 	<JobID>1</JobID>
> 	<JobIDIsNew>true</JobIDIsNew>
> 	<JobDocType>53</JobDocType>
> 	<JobDocument>asdf</JobDocument>
>
> against this schema:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <xs:schema version="1.10" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> id="JobDataSet">
>  <xs:element name="Jobs">
>   <xs:complexType>
>    <xs:sequence>
>     <xs:element name="schemaVersion" type="xs:decimal" />
>     <xs:element name="JobRecord" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>      <xs:complexType>
>       <xs:sequence>
>        <xs:element name="JobID" type="xs:integer" minOccurs="1"
> maxOccurs="1" />
>        <xs:element name="JobIDIsNew" type="xs:boolean" minOccurs="1"
> maxOccurs="1" />
>        <xs:element name="JobDocType" type="JobDocTypeType"
> minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" />
>        <xs:element name="JobDocument" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1"
> maxOccurs="1" />

mailing (2)