[Announce] Stylus Studio 2008 Now Available

[Announce] Dear microsoft.public.dotnet.xml,

Stylus Studio 2008 is now available for online purchase or free trial
download at: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html

The new release adds new XQuery & Web Services tools, support for
MySQL, PostgreSQL, HL7 EDI, and Microsoft .NET Code Generation and
more.

Here are some of the highlights:

-- Web Services Description Language (WSDL) editor: Visually design a
Web service interface using an intuitive, graphical tool that features
drag-and-drop functionality and validation. For more information
visit: http://www.stylusstudio.com/webservices/wsdl_editor.html

-- Support MySQL, PostgreSQL and Informix databases: Through support
of DataDirect XQuery 3.1 ( http://www.xquery.com ), developers can now
seamlessly access relational data in MySQL, PostgreSQL, and IBM
Informix as XML using XQuery; this is in addition to previously
supported databases that include Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2. For more
information visit: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_database.html

-- Support for HL7 EDI: Includes both automated XML schema generation
from HL7, and HL7-to-XML conversion through support of DataDirect XML
Converters 3.1 ( http://www.xmlconverters.com ). Other EDI data
formats already supported include EDIFACT, X12, IATA, and EANCOM. For
more information visit: http://www.xmlconverters.com/standards/hl7/

-- Support for HTML-to-XML Conversion: Convert HTML files to XML
documents using the HTML to XML Document Wizard.

-- Microsoft .NET Code Generation: Automatically generate the C# code
required to run your XML application for a variety of different
scenarios, including XSLT, XQuery, and XML Pipeline applications.
Supports both the Microsoft .NET and Saxon.NET XML processors.

-- Usability and Performance Enhancements to the XML Editor, XQuery
Mapper, XML Pipeline Designer, and XML Schema Editor.

Read more about the new features here: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_product_new_features.html

Sincerely,
The Stylus Studio Team
http://www.stylusstudio.com

Word 2008 gets stuck spontaneously
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Hi, I'm writing on a paper with Word 2008 german Student Edition (latest Update) in a document that was a former Mac Word 2004 file and is now a docx. Somewhat spontaneously Word shows frustrating features: * it gets stuck for a few minutes: can't type, can't highlight, it simply doesn't answer anymore * it uses up a high amount of cpu, fan speeds up massively, after like one minute it is back to normal again.. I cannot work with it the way it is now. However i don't feel much like downgrading as i ac...

2008 Server Backup system...
Hi, When I used w2003r2 it was fairly easy using ntbackup to set up useful backup scripts both for full backups during weekends and differential backups during the workdays. All went via gigabit network to a fileserver in a bomb proof room. Now when looking at win 2008 server's backup tool (which I hoped was more sophisticated and evaluated than ntbackup) I simply don't find out how I can perform full and differential backup tasks from the command line (to be run as scheduled tasks). How do I, say, perform a differential backup of the local volume F:\ to the rem...

Spell Checking in Mac Office 2008
Hello! I am a Portuguese user of Mac Office 2004 and since the 2008 version is already on pre-sale here and can be ordered I want to know if Mac Office 2008 have spell checking for Portuguese language. Mac Office 2004 have a good Portuguese dictionary... but since I was still here in the time of Mac Office X and it couldn't spell check in Portuguese at all... I need to be sure if Portuguese spell checking is a feature of Mac Office 2008 before I decide to order it. Any information or reference will be appreciated, Thanks. Valente Silva I can't say for sure, but if 2004 has a [goo...

creating a visio 2003 button add-on using VSTO with Visual Studio
I need some guidance in creating a button (to perform an action) on a visio toolbar or menu when visio starts up (code to be placed in the start up sub of the add-in), could someone help in directing me to a good source on how this may be accomplished or provide some basic code for a start. using Visio 2003 professional, windows xp. ..NET framework 2.0 The code below has steps i think is involve, but please confirm if i have the correct approach. This was a test to disable a menuitem. Thanks. Dim menuUIObject As Visio.UIObject Dim menuMenuSets As Visio.MenuSets D...

WIndows Server 2008 R2 on Laptop
Hi, I'm about to begin some MCITP Enterprise Administrator training and was hoping someone could give me a little advise on the kit I'm hoping to train on. I was hoping to be able to install Server 2008 R2 onto my Compaq G70 T5800 Laptop which accepts EMT64 instructions. I know that Server 2008 R2 is exclusively x64. I wondered if anyone had tried anything like this or saw any issues with this. Would I be right in saying that even though the processor is a Core2Duo T5800 x86, because it copes with EMT64 instructions it should work ok? I'm planning to buy a sec...

GP 10 w/Terminal Server and SQL Server 2008 R2
We are a small office using Dynamics GP 10 by way of Terminal Server and SQL Server 2008 R2. We have experienced some weird problems. We have to pause between each request (to give it time to hit TS and return?) So we log into TS using Remote Desktop, Click to open GP (and wait) then type in user name and password (and wait). Select our company from the drop down (and wait). About 1 out of every ten times we will get our company and begin working. The other 9 times we get a message that GP is not responding and must close. We are wondering if the delay and GP not responding could be rela...

STL.NET in C++ 2008?
Hi, I've just downloaded the express edition of Orcas (C++ 2008), unfortunately it seems as though STL.NET is not included as the following line causes an error: #include<cli/vector> Does anyone know for sure whether we will finally see STL.NET arrive in the full edition of Orcas next year? Regards, Duncan > > I've just downloaded the express edition of Orcas (C++ 2008), > unfortunately it seems as though STL.NET is not included as the > following line causes an error: > > #include<cli/vector> > Good news, it's there - just that the name has...

Utilities
Hi to all, I decided to publish some of my small tools (for free). They are collected at http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/utilities_en.html I use them for my daily work, may be others find them useful too. They are somewhat programmer centric (especially regarding their GUI :-)) At the moment only a color selector tool is there, but more will follow. Its rather tedious to write a meaningful description, so be patient with me :-) -- Ulrich Korndoerfer VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/ ...

Announcing birthday
Please help, I want formula to announce birthday in 10-1 days before event. Some kind if formula: =if (someone birthday is in (10 to 1 days) before today() , �birthday�, � �) Thanks for any help Krzys -- Krzys ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Krzys's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18404 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385833 Assuming the names and dates are in a table M1:N20 Put all the names in A1:A20, and in B1 add = IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$M$1:$N$20,2,False))."&qu...

DPM 2010 RTM with remote instance of SQL 2008 R2
Hi, Was wondering if this will work? I get an error message during install stating that SP1 hasnt been installed. Thanks in advance No this is not supported. You either need to provide the SQL 2008 SP1 instance or let DPM install the SQL 2008 SP1 for you on the same machine as DPM. -- “Thanks, Nutesh Garg [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm” "Tango" <Tango@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Install Business Protal SDK failed on Visual Studio .Net not detec
Tried to Install Business Protal SDK but failed on "Visual Studio .Net not detected"though I already installed Visual Studio 2005 My environment installed with: SQL 2005 GP 9 BP 3 Visual Studio 2005 ...

Announce: Winmail Opener 1.3
We are pleased to announce that the Winmail Opener 1.3 is now available. Winmail Opener is a small and simple utility that allows you to view and extract contents of TNEF-encoded messages (infamous winmail.dat). Winmail Opener features: * Winmail Opener is absolutely free - no nag screens, no ads, no spyware, no time limit. * Supports RTF message text. * You can drag-and-drop TNEF-encoded files into Winmail Opener for opening them. * You can work with enclosed attachments as they are usual files on your disk: open, print, save, drag-and-drop them from Winmail Opener. * Supports command line...

Corel Video Studio Pro X2 for YouTube
I want to create a huge YouTube presentation in many segments. Each segment will be part straight video, part PowerPoint presentation with video embedded. I want to use a Canon Vixia HG21 Camcorder. It generates .wts format (I believe) but I checked with Corel and know that X2 handles and converts their file format. My questions are: 1) Can I embed the Canon's video into PPTs without file conversion?; or 2) Can I embed the Canon's video into PPTs after conversion? 3) Can I import the complete PPT w/video into X2 Pro? 4) Will X2 Pro convert the PPT w/video int...

Why are files/folders in pop-up menus now chronological?
I don't know if something changed in a recent auto-update, but all my office products now organize files and folders in the pop-ups windows in order of 'last modified' rather than alphabetical. This is incredibly irritating. Anyone know how to change it back? Hi Mark, If you mean the File Open and Save As type dialog windows, then these take the order from the last time you sorted the folder from within Windows Explorer or My Computer. For example, if the folder is C:\Docs and you opened that folder from My Computer and clicked on the Modified Date header of t...

Documents created in WINDOWS WORD 2007 have different margins when opened in MAC WORD 2008

Keyboard Input Type not recognized by Office 2008
I have an english version of Office 2008 installed and my OS X is set to German. My Keyboard Input Type is set to Swiss German. In Office though, espechially in PowerPoint, this is not recognized. A fresh PPT displays text I input in (old) greek letters and also the text in the notes field as well as any text in outline view is like that. The latter two are even in areas where font choice is not possible as the formatting is defined by the software itself. If I change my Keyboard Input Type to Arabic the text is correctly displayed in arabic letters. If I choose any Latin language though I alw...

confused by exception handling in VC 2008
I am using VC 2008 and I was trying the __try exception handling and I bumped into the following 3 cases: 1) __try { char *p = 0; *p = '\0'; AfxMessageBox("no exception caught"); } __except (EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER){ AfxMessageBox("exception caught"); } the message "exception caught" is displayed as expected. 2) __try { int v[5]; v[10] = 1; // This vector access is out of range AfxMessageBox("no exception"); } __except (EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER){ AfxMessag...

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...

visual studio

M03 help not available
x-no-archive: yes Whenever I try to access a help topic in M03 Deluxe, I get a message saying "Unable to load topic. Click here to try again." (Of course, clicking doesn't do a thing.) This happens even when I have the Money CD in the drive. There's nothing in the "Tools>Options" menu about help. I don't need help often, but it's nice to have it when I do need it. Has the help file been lost or corrupted? If so, how do I re-install it without affecting the rest of the program (which works OK)? Thanks in advance for all assistance. Dave -- ROT13 the &q...

Visual Studio 2005 doubts
is worked only in VC 6.0.. It doesnot work in Visual Sttudio 2005Code is the following....... CString CClientRRM::RetrieveMachineName() { char szMachineName[30]; LPTSTR lpbuffer; lpbuffer=szMachineName; DWORD size=sizeof(szMachineName); GetComputerName(lpbuffer,&size); return lpbuffer; } When I execute this code I got error message... ....Error is error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'char [30]' to 'LPTSTR'.. ponny skrev: > is worked only in VC 6.0.. > It doesnot work in Visual Sttudio...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT. July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Hacking Software. Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and motivated individuals. Some may consider anti-piracy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has post...

Taxes chat transcript and article now available
The question-and-answer transcript from last Thursday's live chat about taxes and tax reporting in Microsoft Dynamics RMS is now available. Note: Questions about other features were also answered, as were a few questions about Microsoft Dynamics – Point of Sale. The transcript is here: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/chats/0804taxes.mspx A new article, "Managing tax information with Microsoft Dynamics RMS," is also available, here: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/articles/taxes.mspx For information about upcoming chats, as well as the latest news ab...

lost key #how do I put it on my notebook now, no cd drive
I have student 2007 but have lost my key # plus I have no cd drive. Can I transfer a file from computer on ubs stick and then place it on my notebook. |Or do I have to buy it off the net again grrrr. If you have the product installed on a PC, you can use Belarc Advisor (a free download) to extract the key. If you have the installation files on that PC, you can copy them to a USB flash drive and install from that, or you can create an ad hoc network with the aid of a crossover cable and install via the network. If you don't have the installation files you can download again a...

Expand Announcements
Good day to all. In SP 2007 I'd like to expand my Announcement so the entire message can be viewed, that is I have one announcement and it's truncated but I'd prefer that it not be. Can't seem to figure this out in Views and perhaps there's simply a more appropriate web part for that. Recommendations? Thanks, AJ Hi AJ, This post on "Expanding the Size of Announcements Web Part" may be what you are looking for. http://sharepointsolutions.blogspot.com/2009/02/expanding-size-of-announcements-web.html. Johnathan "AJ" &l...