[ANN]VTD-XML 2.10

VTD-XML 2.10 is now released. It can be downloaded at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtd-xml/files/vtd-xml/ximpleware_2.10/.
This release includes a number of new features and enhancement.

* The core API of VTD-XML has been expanded. Users can now perform
cut/paste/insert on an empty element.
* This release also adds the support of deeper location cache support
for
parsing and indexing. This feature is useful for application
performance
tuning for
processing various XML documents.
* The java version also added support for processing zip and gzip
files.
Direct processing of httpURL based XML is enhanced.
* Extended Java version now support Iso-8859-10~16 encoding.
* A full featured C++ port is released.
* C version of VTD-XML now make use of thread local storage to
achieve
thread safety for multi-threaded application.
* There are also a number of bugs fixed. Special thanks to Jozef
Aerts, John
Sillers, Chris Tornau and a number of other users for input and
suggestions

Dynamic Xml editor
Hi, I am writing a user control that will help a user that know (almost) nothing about Xml to build a Xml file based on a Xsd schema that is given to the user control. The idea is to have a treeview on the left and a property grid on the right. The treeview is loaded with the root elements from the schema. When the user right click on a node, a context menu allow him to add subnodes if schema allow it. This way, the user can create items, attributes, ... The property grid is filled by the user with data. At the end, the Xml file is generated and validated. My problem is about the design....

2 column subreport problem
I have a report with a single column. I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has two columns. Only one column prints in the sub-report. TIA for your help. Never mind....I got it. Gettin' old ain't for sissies! "R Fourt" wrote: > I have a report with a single column. > I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has > two columns. > Only one column prints in the sub-report. > TIA for your help. ...

Excel.exe error message #2
I am getting this message when trying to open a shared Excel Spreadsheet. "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log has been created. How do I resolve this problem? File could be corrupt in which case you need to get someone with either XL2002 or 2003 to open it using Open and Repair, or if you are using 2000 or 97 then it may be your toolbar customisation file is getting close to blowing up on you. If so then go look for a file called *.xlb and either rename it to *.old or just delete it. NOTE:- This is your toolb...

Printing Labels #2
Is there a way to print labels off of a excel spreadsheet? hi, yes there is. excel will print to any printer regardless of the media the data is printed on. You may have to play with it to get it to fit your labels. you may even have to trun the text 90 degrees(vertical). we have a special file that contain certain special purpose label that our receiving department needs to print periodily and they print on the same bar code printer as all the bar coded labels print on. regards FSt1 "Todd Nelson" wrote: > Is there a way to print labels off of a excel spreadsheet? You m...

Debug Error #2
Hi All, Could anyone throw any light on the following:- I have a WIN XP home machine running Outlook 2000 for mail. I have set up 2 profiles one for me and one for my wife. When I first turn on the machine and go into oulook (either profile) everything works fine. Then I close Outlook and go back in on the 2nd profile and get the error box :- "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Error! Program C:\...........\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination (Press Retry to debug the appliacation) Abort Retry Ignore" No matter what you choose the appliacation closes and then...

Word spell check 04-21-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I skip all repeated words. My documents intentionally use repeat words but the spell checker always stops at each one. The ignore all and the add functions are not available The spelling checker will always stop at repeated words. Your only option is not to use Spelling. Cheers On 21/04/10 4:34 PM, in article 59bb736f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "amclean4@officeformac.com" <amclean4@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard...

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

Business Portal 2.5, user cannot get requisitions assigned to him?
UserA created three requisitions and sumit them to his supervisor, UserB. In database table ReqMgmtDocument, I can find these three records and OriginatingName is UserA and CurrentAssigned is UserB. In Business Portal, UserB got in Employee -> Purchase Requests -> Filter by: Assigned to me, and got "Query returned no result". Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very much. stien ...

XML and Excel
Hi, I am not familiar with Excel 2003's XML capabilities and looking for more information. Is there a book or website somewhere that will provide some introductory materials on this subject? I am particularly interested in Excel's exporting and importing capabilities of XML files. Thanks in advance, VT There's information on the Microsoft site, for example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/xmloffice/default.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288215 vtisix wrote: > Hi, > > I am not familiar with Excel 2003's XML capabilities and lookin...

XML Serialization #6
Hello I am trying to serialize some data to an XML-file and most of it works fine. But I do have a problem with to elements. Below is some of the code generated with XSD.exe attached. My problem is the two elements EventReasonEquipment and EventReasonWeather. In the generated XML-file I only want one of the two elements listed, so if a value is assigned to EventReasonEquipment, then EventReasonEquipment should not be in the current structure of the XML-file. Later in the file it is possible the opposite. If I dont assign any values to the element in the code, then is the element create...

Receipt XML
I am attempting to have a gift receipt that prints only the items with the GIFT Sales Rep assigned. I understand that you cannot do an IF statement to compare a variable against a string. Instead you have to compare the variable to another variable which contains the string you're checking for. This seems to work for Entry.Item.ItemLookupCode but always returns true for Entry.SalesRep.Name. Any ideas? <!-- I am attempting to have a gift receipt that prints only the items with the GIFT Sales Rep assigned The code segment for Entry.SalesRep.Name always returns true which is no...

Portal 2.0 installation
The resource cannot be found. Win srv 2003 Sharepoint services standard 2003 Biz Portal 2.0 Can't get anything out of this. The web/application server installed, the portal installed with a domain admin account, the sql user account is the same account that ran BP 1.2. The default web site has been extended. Have tried .Net 1.0 and .Net 1.1. Can't seem to log into anything. http://srvname/businessportal gets 403 forbidden, and http://srvname/businessportal/default.aspx gets The resource cannot be found. Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; AS...

Outlook XP problem #2
I have 2 questions here....first of all I am using outlook xp with sp3 and all updates from the office update site. My first question (problem) is while outlook is open I can click contacts on the left-hand shortcut menu and all of my contacts display fine, but if I try to create a new mail and click "to" button to choose the recipient my contact list is blank...if i click the show names from dropdown I can select the contacts listing under outlook address book and my contacts will display, how can I fix it so it only shows the listing that has my contacts? Second question, ...

problem adding data to XML doc compliant with XSD
Hi all, I am new to .NET and the way XML data is handled in .NET I wrote a small application with .NET forms in C++ The application reads data from an XML file to fill-in the fields of the form. This works fine but when I try to add new data to the XML file it does not comply with the XML schema file I am using. Here some xml and code snipplets: Schema description: <xs:element name="Store" type="StoreType" /> <xs:complexType name="StoreType"> <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xs:element name="Config" type="C...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

Default client #2
I want to make Outlook my default mail client. In tools, options, other, the box to check to make Outlook the default client doesn't appear. How do I make this show up and put it in play ? Much obliged. It's actually easier to do this: Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab. Use the drop down there to set the default mail client to Outlook. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Dan" <dan.dunn@rihmkenworth.com> ...

Force to use RichEdit 2.0
Hello, Can someone tell me how to force compiler to use RichEdit 2.0+ for unicode app? I used a CHARFORMAT struct with unicode, it turns out the CHARFORMAT is still map to CHARFORMATA because #define _RICHEDIT_VER 0x0100 is defined in AFXWIN.H. and in RichEdit.h, it has #ifndef _RICHEDIT_VER #define _RICHEDIT_VER 0x0210 #endif Thus, RichEdit1.0 is used really. I tried to redef _RICHEDIT_VER to 0x0210, but it causes other problem. I would like to have rich edit to be able to display Asian characters. What is the proper way to make use of RichEdit2.0+? Please help. Thanks, XL Hello You...

Xml validation
I have following schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://mycompany.services.customer2/types/restricted" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:tns="http://mycompany.services.customer2/types/restricted"> <xs:simpleType name="FirstName"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> <xs:minLength value="5" /> <xs:maxLength value="10" /> </xs:restric...

Upgrading Outlook Express and Microsoft mail to Outlook 2007
Hi all, I have two computers running Outlook Express on XP, and Microsoft Mail running on Vista. I want to install Outlook 2007 on the Vista machine and end up with both data sets running under Outlook on the Vista machine, and acting as two separate Identities or Profiles. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do the backups/ restores? Is there an order of operations needed because I'm using two machines with different operating systems and versions of mail programs? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks john Does "both data sets" mean that you have two d...

XML commands
Hi. I found a very helpfull hint to find formula-cells. The trick is to use the get.cell function. I would like to learn a little bit more about that function. What does 48 or 6 mean in get.cell(48;.... or get.cell(6;... I can't find documentations at the net ? Regards Peter Get.Cell(num, cell reference) is a function from XL4 to return information about the formatting, location or contents of a cell. 48... if cells contain a formula it returns True; if a constant it returns False. 6 ... returns the cell formula Peter Noneley has a free download at... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/no...

Validating XML with XSD's
I have written a small app that uses the XmlValidationReader and a customer ValidationEventHandler function. When I validate the XML I get detail structured information like child is not defined or structure is invalid but now I am getting into facets. I am working with data lengths and I have found that I get the following message when a value is the incorrect length: "The 'elementname' element has an invalid value according to its data type. The real error is that the data value is longer than allowed. In XML Spy I receive the follwing error for this scenario: "Value Doe...

Mail-enabled Public Folders #2
Hi there, I have mail-enabled a public folder, and it's working fine. One thing I would like to do though, is change the view/type, so that any email sent to it appears as a Task. Is this possible? Thanks very much/... ...

ANN: Desiree Rogers Is Stepping Down!
ANN: Desiree Rogers (White House Social Secretary) Is Stepping Down! ...

ANN: EXSLT.NET 1.1
Hello! On behalf of the EXSLT.NET team I'm pleased to announce the next release of the EXSLT.NET library. EXSLT.NET library is community-developed free open-source implementation of the EXSLT extensions to XSLT for the .NET platform. EXSLT.NET fully implements the following EXSLT modules: Dates and Times, Common, Math, Random, Regular Expressions, Sets and Strings. In addition EXSLT.NET library provides proprietary set of useful extension functions. Download EXSLT.NET 1.1 at the EXSLT.NET Workspace home - http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/exslt EXSLT.NET online documentation - http://w...

Quicken 2004 conversion #2
I had the same problem. I can convert an older 2003 file but it is not current. My Quicken 2004 file will not convert. >Subject: Quicken 2004 conversion >From: "JohnW" jandjwilloz@cox.net >Date: 9/13/03 8:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time >Message-id: <031501c37a5b$7acd66c0$a401280a@phx.gbl> > >I had the same problem. I can convert an older 2003 file >but it is not current. My Quicken 2004 file will not >convert. > > > You CANNOT convert from Quicken 2004 to ANY Money year thru the Money converter. I suggest you convert from your last Quicke...