[ANN] Liquid XML Studio Released - A Freeware XML Development Environment

Announcing the release of Liquid XML Studio 2008
a Freeware XML Development Environment.

Download available from www.liquid-technologies.com.

Key features include
    - An Advanced Graphical Schema Editor
    - XML Editor, with auto-complete, syntax highlighting & validation
    - Web Service Browser, supports calling Soap services
    - XPath Expression Builder, visualise XPath expressions
    - Documentation Generator, HTML Docs from your XML schemas
    - Code Generation, C++, C#, .Net, Java, VB .Net & VB6 (trial)

Liquid XML...XML the smart way!

Package adn Sign/Developer Extensions
want to create a msi install package which will create a signed accdr application. But I can't seem to do this. I create an accde file and then it seems I can EITHER create a signed accde deployment file (using Publish from office button) and have none of teh shortcuts etc created automatically OR an msi package (from developer exensions) that installs an accdr (unsigned and untrusted - so the user gets a message every time) Really confused. All the help in the MS website seems to inicate that you can create a trusted/signed accdr install package. But how? Help please! Lou ...

Dynamic Xml editor
Hi, I am writing a user control that will help a user that know (almost) nothing about Xml to build a Xml file based on a Xsd schema that is given to the user control. The idea is to have a treeview on the left and a property grid on the right. The treeview is loaded with the root elements from the schema. When the user right click on a node, a context menu allow him to add subnodes if schema allow it. This way, the user can create items, attributes, ... The property grid is filled by the user with data. At the end, the Xml file is generated and validated. My problem is about the design....

compiled on visual studio 2003 on windows XP, want to install on windows 7, error
Hello, I have a VB.Net program, which I wrote on my windows XP pc (all recent updates installed), and I created a setup project for installing the program. Now I want to install that program on windows 7, but there I get a message: .Net framework 3.5 needed. Unfortunately, the latest version of the .Net framework is installed on the windows 7 pc. Anyone has experience with this problem? Does anyone knows a solution? Thanks in advance. Steven I think that for most people including me is to run the Windows Update first when they have installed Windows 7. Somehow thi...

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

DBTYP.NET Studio 2010
DBTYP.NET Studio 2010 - Database Comparison Suite Released Vienna, Austria - March 8, 2010 Today, BYPsoft announced the availability of DBTYP.NET Studio 2010, the newest version of the cross-database comparison tool that compares SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle databases (schema and data). DBTYP.NET Studio 2010 is available for download from http://www.bypsoft.com. With its rich support for schema and data cross-database comparison, DBTYP.NET Studio takes the mystery out of databases, making their comparison practical and easy for programmers and database administrators everywh...

XML and Excel
Hi, I am not familiar with Excel 2003's XML capabilities and looking for more information. Is there a book or website somewhere that will provide some introductory materials on this subject? I am particularly interested in Excel's exporting and importing capabilities of XML files. Thanks in advance, VT There's information on the Microsoft site, for example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/xmloffice/default.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288215 vtisix wrote: > Hi, > > I am not familiar with Excel 2003's XML capabilities and lookin...

XML Serialization #6
Hello I am trying to serialize some data to an XML-file and most of it works fine. But I do have a problem with to elements. Below is some of the code generated with XSD.exe attached. My problem is the two elements EventReasonEquipment and EventReasonWeather. In the generated XML-file I only want one of the two elements listed, so if a value is assigned to EventReasonEquipment, then EventReasonEquipment should not be in the current structure of the XML-file. Later in the file it is possible the opposite. If I dont assign any values to the element in the code, then is the element create...

Receipt XML
I am attempting to have a gift receipt that prints only the items with the GIFT Sales Rep assigned. I understand that you cannot do an IF statement to compare a variable against a string. Instead you have to compare the variable to another variable which contains the string you're checking for. This seems to work for Entry.Item.ItemLookupCode but always returns true for Entry.SalesRep.Name. Any ideas? <!-- I am attempting to have a gift receipt that prints only the items with the GIFT Sales Rep assigned The code segment for Entry.SalesRep.Name always returns true which is no...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

problem adding data to XML doc compliant with XSD
Hi all, I am new to .NET and the way XML data is handled in .NET I wrote a small application with .NET forms in C++ The application reads data from an XML file to fill-in the fields of the form. This works fine but when I try to add new data to the XML file it does not comply with the XML schema file I am using. Here some xml and code snipplets: Schema description: <xs:element name="Store" type="StoreType" /> <xs:complexType name="StoreType"> <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xs:element name="Config" type="C...

Xml validation
I have following schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://mycompany.services.customer2/types/restricted" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:tns="http://mycompany.services.customer2/types/restricted"> <xs:simpleType name="FirstName"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> <xs:minLength value="5" /> <xs:maxLength value="10" /> </xs:restric...

XML commands
Hi. I found a very helpfull hint to find formula-cells. The trick is to use the get.cell function. I would like to learn a little bit more about that function. What does 48 or 6 mean in get.cell(48;.... or get.cell(6;... I can't find documentations at the net ? Regards Peter Get.Cell(num, cell reference) is a function from XL4 to return information about the formatting, location or contents of a cell. 48... if cells contain a formula it returns True; if a constant it returns False. 6 ... returns the cell formula Peter Noneley has a free download at... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/no...

ANN: Desiree Rogers Is Stepping Down!
ANN: Desiree Rogers (White House Social Secretary) Is Stepping Down! ...

Validating XML with XSD's
I have written a small app that uses the XmlValidationReader and a customer ValidationEventHandler function. When I validate the XML I get detail structured information like child is not defined or structure is invalid but now I am getting into facets. I am working with data lengths and I have found that I get the following message when a value is the incorrect length: "The 'elementname' element has an invalid value according to its data type. The real error is that the data value is longer than allowed. In XML Spy I receive the follwing error for this scenario: "Value Doe...

Debug and Release build
Hi, I am working on win2000 and VC6.0 I am using user defined messages WM_USER + X (in dialog base application) Now problem is that to invoke my messages I am using SendMessage and PostMessage functions. It works fine when I am working in Debug built. But when I shift to Release built it works only once i.e. it gives me error : the instruction at "0x00426b1c" referenced memory at "0x0000046c". The memory could not be "read". and I have to restart the application. But this does not happen in Debug mode I can invoke userdefined messages many times without error. W...

ANN: EXSLT.NET 1.1
Hello! On behalf of the EXSLT.NET team I'm pleased to announce the next release of the EXSLT.NET library. EXSLT.NET library is community-developed free open-source implementation of the EXSLT extensions to XSLT for the .NET platform. EXSLT.NET fully implements the following EXSLT modules: Dates and Times, Common, Math, Random, Regular Expressions, Sets and Strings. In addition EXSLT.NET library provides proprietary set of useful extension functions. Download EXSLT.NET 1.1 at the EXSLT.NET Workspace home - http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/exslt EXSLT.NET online documentation - http://w...

Sort xml?
I got a page that loads a xml file into a treeview control. I want it to sort the data before sending it to the treeview control is that possible? <root> <level1 name="" src="" order="0"> <level1.2 .. order="5"> <level1.2 .. order="3"> <level1.2 .. order="2"> <level1 .. order="2"> <level1 .. order="1"> I want first level1 nodes to be sorted accorded to the order column. Then i want all sub levels to be sorted, sor 1.2 should be sort...

OLE upgrade to 2003 in XP environment
I have recently upgraded by old OLE 97 to OLE 2003 on an XP platform. When I did the XP conversion/upgrade, I cannot locate any of my e-mail after the year 2002. Does anyone know where it might be residing so that I may import it? Thank you. - Terry Are you talking about Outlook or Outlook Express? Outlook comes in versions from 97-2003. Outlook Express comes in versions from 4.x to 6.x. Check Help->about to see what program you have. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my person...

When is CRM 4.0 to be Released?
Has Microsoft made an official statement on the release date of CRM 4.0? -- Brandon http://www.presentationsdirect.com google this forum , we had discussion earlier on this topic. /Aamir Currently slated for end of this year. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23knsV1yGIHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... Has Microsoft made an official statement on the release date of CRM 4.0? -- Brandon http://www.presentationsdirect.com currently we have TAP 3 version for beta, you can download it from your ...

Appending XML to existing XmlDocument
I have a database class that maintains data about customers i my system. The basic XML for this looks like: <Chunk> <Vendor> <Database/> </Vendor> </Chunk> When a user is to be registrered in the system, XML like this is created in a seperate XML-class (Xml): <User> <UserName>stocholm</UserName> <NumberOfItemsBought>0</NumberOfItemsBought> <SignOfLastImage>A31A20AB338B6F2FD772ECFA0</SignOfLastImage> <n>DB1A46496C83DFFC0CA2BA91585AA25E90195B77DB5997DA3D</n> <e...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Date bug in Entourage 2008 causes birthday information loss"
Microsoft Entourage newsgroup poster Jean Fr�d�ric raised this question: > Each time I try to enter a birthday date in the contact, it is rewritten. > > Example: when I enter 12/06/1942, it turns to 12/06/39 The range of date > concerned goes from 1940 to 1950. > > In addition, when it syncs with iSync, there is a conflict between > Address Book and Entourage that can only be solved by overwriting the > Address Book data with Entourage's. > > Both problems made me lose 70% of my birthday information... > > Do you have any clue? This reminded me of ...

Word 2003 vs Word 2007 and XML
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the way Word 2003 worked as far as direct formatting goes vs. 2007 and the XML background. It is my understanding that if you used direct formatting in Word 2003 instead of using styles, it created problems with corruption because Word 2003 would put a a code before and after each and every character selected. For example, if someone had a document they received in Courier New that was 50 pages long and they selected the entire document and changed the font to Times New Roman (TNR), every character throughout the document would have a...

Copying XML data to Word
I have got an Excel XML spreadsheet which grabs data from Microsoft CRM. I have set it up to have 5 different sheets. I want to copy information from each of these sheets into Word, but for some reason, only data from the first sheet is copied. When I try to copy cells from other sheets, I get blank cells in Word. Can anyone tell me why? And even better, is there an automatic way to copy this stuff into a Word template so I don't have to manually select the cells? ...

Ann: Contacts to DataBase
The "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is small application that can export/extract Contacts items from any Outlook and Exchange Contact Folders, including Microsoft Exchange Server Public Folders and save it to any type of Database. The current build is 0.3 alphas. This version has been tested with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Access 2002, Microsoft Excel 2002, Paradox 7, DBase. The actual link for the "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is: http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/subscribe.asp -- Iv Borissov IMI Support Team http://www.imibo.com/...

Can I save the *.xsd schema that Excel infers from my xml source ?
I would like to be able to edit/re-use the schema that Excel inferred when I asked it to map my source xml file. Excel seems to have made a better job of producing an appropriate map of my data files than my best efforts in Notepad, but I can see no way to save this map out as a new xml schema. Is there a way ??? Hi Nhojnesnah, > I would like to be able to edit/re-use the schema that Excel inferred when I > asked it to map my source xml file. > Excel seems to have made a better job of producing an appropriate map of my > data files than my best efforts in Notepad, but I c...