WPF Textbox won't wrap

As in the subject.  I create a simple textbox and set the
TextWrapping="Wrap".  No wouldn't one expect wrapping for the text?

Goggling does not bring much help and as an aside the searching for WPF and
textbox is getting much more difficult because websites now want to have as
many keywords as possible so every search for "textbox wpf wrap" brings
windows controls pages.

Nope.  Why is everything in WPF so difficult?  The number of lines of code I
have written to make controls act similarly to windows controls is
ridiculous.

Thanks
LS

0
Lloyd

On 2010-01-07, Lloyd Sheen <a@b.c> wrote:
> As in the subject.  I create a simple textbox and set the
> TextWrapping="Wrap".  No wouldn't one expect wrapping for the text?

Your going to have to show some xaml Lloyd.  I have been trying to recreate in
XamlPad and I can't.  The textbox always wraps.

--
Tom Shelton
0

Textbox problem
We have powerpoint 2007 with all updates and service packs. I have a problem and have not been able to fix it. I'll create a new presentation, then create a textbox. I'll start typing inside the box and the textbox works as designed. After I save the powerpoint or close and reopen, then try to type in a textbox, there sometimes is a problem. When typing in the textbox, the font will increase several sizes? Seems like there is no rhyme or reason why this happens. I'll start typing and all of a sudden the font starts showing a huge font, not the whole text but ...

WPF and XBAP
I red http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa970060.aspx to learn WPF. I have some questions below. 1) Can I create a new project using WPF application template instead of WPF Browser Application (once done, convert to XBAP)? 2) If I have to use WPF Browser Application template, can I use all winform controls? 3) If I have to use WPF Browser Application template, can I use ASP.NET controls? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201001/1 "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote in news:a...

Formating # of decimal places displayed in Textbox
using access 2003 and Win xp pro I have a problem with formatting a form textbox to display the the correct number of decimals. The text box is a calculated field that is [grams_unit] * [quanity]. Grams_unit is in a table as field size: "single", format: "general number", decimal places: "2". In the table the grams_unit displays as .85. However when I do the calculation for my textbox (totalgramsTB) 1*grams_unit yields 0.850000023841858 and it displays 15 decimal places. What I would like is for it to display only .85. I have no idea where all these numbers ...

Equation in Textbox
Hi, My project is in MS Access. In that I have one form which, I am using for data entry. In that I have one Textbox in which I want to enter like this 10*20+20*30+30*40 when I Lostfocus of that Textbox than in that same textbox I want the result of this equation like 2000 Its simple I think so, but I don't know how to do it. Thanks Use Eval(). For example, you could have it write the value to another text box named Text1, like this: Me.Text1 = Eval(Me.Text0) (Note that the text box where the user enters the expression cannot be bound to a Number field.) -- Allen Browne - Micros...

WPF Textbox won't wrap
As in the subject. I create a simple textbox and set the TextWrapping="Wrap". No wouldn't one expect wrapping for the text? Goggling does not bring much help and as an aside the searching for WPF and textbox is getting much more difficult because websites now want to have as many keywords as possible so every search for "textbox wpf wrap" brings windows controls pages. Nope. Why is everything in WPF so difficult? The number of lines of code I have written to make controls act similarly to windows controls is ridiculous. Thanks LS On 2010-0...

insert WPF user control in ppt slide
Any way to insert WPF user control in ppt slide? Thanks, Vatia ...

How get global variable into report textbox ?
I've been trying to do this for 2 hours and am completely stuck. I can display the variable with Msgbox but as soon as I try to set the text box to the variable, I get an error (can't assign to this object)? It also failed when I try to do it via the 'controlsource' Why is this simple opertion so difficult? mscertified wrote: >I've been trying to do this for 2 hours and am completely stuck. >I can display the variable with Msgbox but as soon as I try to set the text >box to the variable, I get an error (can't assign to this object)? It also >failed wh...

Win Forms, WPF and Silverlight (?)
Hello. Amateur hour Webbiz here. :-) I'm in the middle of learning C# coming from VB6. Yes, it's a jump but a guy's got to move into the 21st Century eventually. Besides, in my past life (1980's) I was pretty familiar with C and C++ so learning the language part has been a breeze. However, .NET is a whole new world for me. Man, a lot has happened since the ole API days! While learning C# coding I'm getting familiar with my Visual Studio 2010 Pro IDE. Lots of strange files list that you have to get used to. Meanwhile, I've got a book open for WPF and ...

having trouble adding more than one textbox to a form using vba
I am having problems with the following code. I can get 1 textbo created with the correct value, as long as only 1 checkbox is true. bu if they both are true, only one textbox is created and no value. can anyone see what I am doing wrong or help to improve code? Set wb = Workbooks.Open("PATH") If MultiPage1.Pages(0).Checkbox1.Value = True Then Set NewTextBox = MultiPage1.Pages(1).Add("forms.textbox.1") With NewTextBox .Width = 150 .Height = 18 End With Set rng wb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns(1).find(MultiPage1.Pages(0).Checkbox1.Caption) If Not rng Is Nothing...

automatic update of textbox
I am using Access 2003, SP 2. I have the following as the control source in unbound textbox titled "Scac" in a form with the following value. =DLookUp("[ScacCode]","tblScacCodes","[SupCode]=[Forms]![frmContainerAndProNumbers]![tblProNumbers subform].[Form]![SuppCode]") The following code is supposed to notify me if bound textbox "SuppCode" is missing in the lookup table and then go back to the SuppCode field. But something is not working exactly right. Which textbox do I need to add this to and after which event? If IsNull(Me.Sca...

Set Textbox on a Form to Deafault
Hi I use Excel 2K I have a form with a number of textboxes. I would like some of these textboxes to default to a particular number. This is so the user does not have to keep typing a number that is usually always the same for each entry. This is the code I presently use in the form:- Private Sub cmdAdd_Click() Dim iRow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("DATA") 'find first empty row in database iRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1) _ ..End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row 'check for a part number If Trim(Me.TxtDate.Value) = "" Then Me.TxtDate.SetFocus MsgBox &qu...

How do I wrap text in an Excel spread sheet to fit page?
Large spread sheet with multiple titles and subjects. Must fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheets. HELP! 1. Highlight the area you want printed: File, Print Area, Set Print Area 2. then goto File, Page Setup, Page tab and click on Fit to 1 pages wide by 1 pages tall If there's a lot of stuff on there, can maximize a little more by clicking the Margins tab on the page setup menu and squeeze out as much margin as possible. That's about it, other than that, you'd have to use multiple sheets or use bigger paper =) "Colleen" wrote: > Large spread shee...

too many textboxes when pasting in Publisher 2003
When I copy from an e-mail into publisher 2003 each line of the text appears in an individual text box within the larger text box...how do I turn this off and paste only the text into one text box? In Publisher go to Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted Text. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "bhayes" <bhayes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CDCFA5A-1E90-4D71-BC58-6F46178E9E1D@microsoft.com... > When I copy from an e-mail into...

WPF DataBinding
I'm developing a fairly simple WPF solution. It's basically just a treeview on the left side, and a listview on the other. Very similar to Windows explorer in looking at the file system, but not with the file system. 8-) Anyway, here's my problem: My WPF listview has 5 columns. Each column has a name, and each column was databound using a simple custom expression. e.g.: <ListView.View> <GridView> <GridViewColumn Header="Column1" DisplayMemberBinding="{Binding A}"/> <GridViewColumn Header="Column2" Disp...

API for WPF
Hello all, I was wondering, is there an unmanaged API for using Windows Presentation Foundation (or WPF-like)? Regards. "Fernando G�mez" <fernando.a.gomez.f@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u3t2zLR4IHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I was wondering, is there an unmanaged API for using Windows Presentation > Foundation (or WPF-like)? > I'm not sure how WPF-like it is, but here is a tantalizing abstract from an upcoming PDC talk: http://microsoftpdc.com/Agenda/Sessions.aspx --- Windows 7: Graphics Advances Windows 7 enables you to advan...

WPF
Hi Is WPF popular now , can VC and MFC write a WPF program ? If I want to study WPF , is there some good book to study ? Thank you . "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:28A8BC25-61A2-4B44-A833-BF9E6A543552@microsoft.com... > Is WPF popular now , can VC and MFC write a WPF program ? WPF is becoming popular, and there are very important ideas behind it (like using the 3D hardware acceleration, high-composibility of contents, etc.). However, I think that the tools need to mature, and there are issues to be fixed (like the blurry text at...

How to mark / build C# / WPF component STA
I am hosting WPF components in unmanaged MFC. This WPF components will do some ricktext editing. Hosting / editing are working fine but closing will crash application on exit (release version only and no crash on debug). The following is the current structure: class parentA_COM : definited / implemented in unmanaged C++, STA class memberB_COM : definited in unmanaged C++, but implemented in C# (ComVisible) class winUserControl: implemented in C# to host WPF user control; class wpfUserControl: implemented in C# class MyApp // unmanaged C++ { main () { parentA_COM pPA();...

2nd line of wrapped text
Is there any way to manuplicate the placement of the 2nd line of text i cell? The text is wrapped. Begins with a number and I'd like the 2n line to begin not under the number but under the beginning of the firs line of text ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joyce, Alt+Enter will start a new line in the cell. HTH Anders Silven "Joyce" <Joyce.xmfsm@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:Joyce.xmfsm@excelforum-nospam.com... &g...

WPF
Are there any news groups specific to WPF ? "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message news:uiUfLnX3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Are there any news groups specific to WPF ? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en/wpf/threads/ -- Peace and Grace, Greg Twitter: @gbworld Blog: http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com ************************************************ | Think outside the box! | ************************************************ On 16-04-2010 11:31, Mr. Magic wrote: > Are there any news groups spe...

TextBox????
Sending data to "accounting"formatted column in a spreadsheet froma form,appears to enter as text(no formatting whatsoever). This is a new textbox added to an old form. I've reloaded Excel 2000. Thanks for any help. Any chance you're not sending real numbers to that cell? If your data is in C12, if you put =isnumber(c12) in another cell, what do you get? if it's not a number, then the numberformat won't do anything. If this is true, maybe you can clean up the value in the textbox. worksheets("sheet1").range("C12").value = cdbl(textbox1.valu...

TextBox lock
How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to click on it and change the value or text. Set the 'Enabled' property to FALSE -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Pas" wrote: > How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? > The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to > click on it and change the value or text. Many thanks it work...

Visio
The "Nudge" command in Visio should not move Dynamic Connectors when the Text Box Tool is active. It should only "Nudge" text contained in the Text Box in my opinion. Thanks. ...

Text wrapping difficulity
I am attempting to wrap text around a graphic, an oval. On the "outside" of the oval is a picture that ends on the ovals left hand side. I want the text to follow the "inside" (or right hand side) of the oval. I have edited the text boxes' wrap points, that did nothing. I have grouped the three objects (picture, graphic & text box) and brought the graphic to the front. That didn't work. The text always runs through (on top of) the graphic and the picture, or goes away completely. Is there a solution? Thanks. Text will never wrap inside the oval....

Wrapping Text to next cell?
Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex cell below it? thanks Bria -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells - alignment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next > cell below it? > > thanks Brian > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...