Update command to update field

In sql server I can run the following query command to update QtyOnPO field.

UPDATE       ItemsDetails
SET                QtyOnPO = QtyOnPO + 1
WHERE        (ItemDetailID = 1)

This will add 1 to QtyOnPO field.

In VB.NET how can I use this?

The following is my code but it gives an error "Name 'QtyOnPO' is not
declared".

ExecNonQuery("UPDATE Pricing SET QtyOnPO = " & QtyOnPO +
row.Cells(Me.Qty.Index).Value & " WHERE ItemDetailID  = " & intItemDetailID)

Please help

0
Jay

Jay wrote:
> In sql server I can run the following query command to update QtyOnPO
> field.
>
> UPDATE ItemsDetails
> SET QtyOnPO = QtyOnPO + 1
> WHERE (ItemDetailID = 1)
>
> This will add 1 to QtyOnPO field.
>
> In VB.NET how can I use this?
>
> The following is my code but it gives an error "Name 'QtyOnPO' is not
> declared".
>
> ExecNonQuery("UPDATE Pricing SET QtyOnPO = " & QtyOnPO +
> row.Cells(Me.Qty.Index).Value & " WHERE ItemDetailID = " & intItemDetailID)
>
> Please help

Dim sql As String

sql = "UPDATE Pricing SET"
sql &= " QtyOnPO = QtyOnPO + " & row.Cells(Me.Qty.Index).Value
sql &= " WHERE ItemDetailID = " & intItemDetailID

Debug.WriteLine(sql)	'check what you're going to execute

Etc.

0
Jason
4/24/2010 4:42:22 AM
Thank you

"Jason Keats" <jkeats@melbpcDeleteThis.org.au> wrote in message
> Jay wrote:
>> In sql server I can run the following query command to update QtyOnPO
>> field.
>>
>> UPDATE ItemsDetails
>> SET QtyOnPO = QtyOnPO + 1
>> WHERE (ItemDetailID = 1)
>>
>> This will add 1 to QtyOnPO field.
>>
>> In VB.NET how can I use this?
>>
>> The following is my code but it gives an error "Name 'QtyOnPO' is not
>> declared".
>>
>> ExecNonQuery("UPDATE Pricing SET QtyOnPO = " & QtyOnPO +
>> row.Cells(Me.Qty.Index).Value & " WHERE ItemDetailID = " &
>> intItemDetailID)
>>
>> Please help
>
> Dim sql As String
>
> sql = "UPDATE Pricing SET"
> sql &= " QtyOnPO = QtyOnPO + " & row.Cells(Me.Qty.Index).Value
> sql &= " WHERE ItemDetailID = " & intItemDetailID
>
> Debug.WriteLine(sql) 'check what you're going to execute
>
> Etc.

0
Jay
4/25/2010 1:31:23 AM
So QtyOnPo which has to be a (numeric) field, property or method(returning a
number), is not declared (available) in the method where you use it.

(Most probably it is a not created global field, while you had the intention
to do that)

"Jay" <jpabs78@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In sql server I can run the following query command to update QtyOnPO
> field.
>
> UPDATE       ItemsDetails
> SET                QtyOnPO = QtyOnPO + 1
> WHERE        (ItemDetailID = 1)
>
> This will add 1 to QtyOnPO field.
>
> In VB.NET how can I use this?
>
> The following is my code but it gives an error "Name 'QtyOnPO' is not
> declared".
>
> ExecNonQuery("UPDATE Pricing SET QtyOnPO = " & QtyOnPO +
> row.Cells(Me.Qty.Index).Value & " WHERE ItemDetailID  = " &
> intItemDetailID)
>
> Please help

0
Cor

Problem with Script Updating

what command shifts all cells in a column up or down?
Accidentally did something in an Excel worksheet to shift all cells in a particular column down. Do not know the command(s) or keystrokes to reverse what I did and shift all cells in the column up. select the inserted cell Edit>Delete when asked, click "Shift cells up" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "marco" <marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0CAFF80-291E-4A62-9D52-980D94F74378@microsoft.com... > Accidentally did something in an Excel worksheet to shift all cells in a > particular column down. Do not know the command(s) or keystrokes...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Double Click Command Button to run module
I have code like the following in a module and a Call command linked to a command button on Sheet1 which is named Index. Sheet 2 is named Form. When I check the check box and press the command button only the cell range defined is highlighted but does not change to yellow. After going back the the Index sheet and pressing the command button again will the cells then turn yellow. What can I add so the cells will follow the complete code on the first press of the command button. Thanks for the help! Public Sub AddingEquipment() If Worksheets("Index").CheckBox1.Value = Fa...

Update question

Adding two fields together
Does anyone have a solution how can I manage the following: Basic setup: Custom entity with many nvarchar attributes. I created a custom view and selected a filter and the fields I want to have. (I need to export those to Excel-sheet) The problem is that lets say I have attributes A and B, which are ofcourse shown as different fields in the view. What I want is to have them in the same cell in Excel (when I do export) and not in two different columns. Is there any easy way to achieve this without touching the entity itself? (or do I have to create a custom attribute C and some java script On...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Command to reference previous worksheet
Hi, I have a macro whereby I copy the workbook and create a new file. There are many sheets, a, b, c....and I'd like the sheets in cell A1 to reference the previous sheet cell A1 + 1. Ex: in sheet "a", A1 = 30 therefore in sheet "b", cell A1 should show 31 and sheet "c", A1 = 32.... Some of the sheets will be deleted when it comes to the end of the billing cycle but I still want the subsequent sheets to continue with the sequence, ie, if "c" gets deleted, "d" should show A1 = 32. (A1 in "a" will always be changed upon a...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

Advanced Find Fields
Each entity attribute should have a checkbox value which determines whether or not it appears in the Advanced Find tool...Advanced find looks very confusing / busy to end-users when there are dozens and dozens of fields available Superb tool though! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...