Tutorial for Beginner

Any good online tutorial for beginner to start the first vb.net + sql
application ?
I had search many web and only find the 'function' of vb.net  .

Does any tutorial  can teach me create the application form, using textbox
and bind to database (ado.net) ?
just a little sample application ?

Thanks in advance
From Agnes

0
Sze

Sze wrote:
> Any good online tutorial for beginner to start the first vb.net + sql
> application ?
> I had search many web and only find the 'function' of vb.net  .
>
> Does any tutorial  can teach me create the application form, using textbox
> and bind to database (ado.net) ?
> just a little sample application ?

Maybe, the Pet Shop project can help you out.

<http://books.google.com/books?id=I9koP7qtwkkC&pg=PA267&lpg=PA267&dq=pet+shop+project+for+VB.net&source=bl&ots=pzjx8o2aZC&sig=OtAZx00cSnKXfoCd-Be3sUBt0bw&hl=en&ei=NBkjTMfFJcTflgfM2_DIDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CDAQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=pet%20shop%20project%20for%20VB.net&f=false>
0
Mr

Help with percent formula beginner
Hi, have a cell (A1) with $39.99. I want a cell (B1) were I can vary 10%, 20% etc and have that effect (A1). So If I put in 10% A1 would be $36.00 (percent decrease). Can you please help me out with the formula? Also it seems like if I type in % in a cell and I delete it and type another number and I don't want a % in there it gives it to me anyway. Can I make this stop? Thanks so much Ted Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B1")) Is Nothing Then Wi...

Is there a tutorial for using the advanced filter in Excel?
I cannot make the advanced filter command work per instructions in the help file. Is there a tutorial that shows every keystroke in an example with results? Don't know about every keystroke, but Debra Dalgliesh's tutorials are pretty good: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html In article <8CEC9D58-3AA2-45E9-9772-59586450C915@microsoft.com>, "waltf" <waltf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot make the advanced filter command work per instructions in the help > file. Is there a tutorial that shows every keystroke in an example wi...

Tutorials, where to find them?
Microsoft CRM 1.2 came with a tutorial that used a sample database. Where can I find a tutorial for Microsoft CRM 3.0. -- Rafael E. Olarte Sales Rep. Vendeur eBusiness Solutions S.A. Bogotá, Colombia ...

Beginner's Append Query Problem

Tutorials on Access Programming
Hello everyone, Could you guys please point me towards resources on access programming? I'm very interested in it, and would like to know if it is possible to achieve connectivity with SQL Server. Anyway, I'd still need the most basic tutorials. Thanks for your help, Marcelo You can find Access tutorials in Access itself or by using an internat search engine. Yes, Access can connect natively to SQl Server or also to virtually any other database system via ODBC. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for ...

Beginner question: how to remove news groups?
I am trying to start Exchange2003 Server by myself, without any experience. You are not allowed to laugh ;-D Almost everything is up and running ok, but one thing I do not understand. I added a NEWS feed server, which pulled several thousands of news groups. It worked ok. Now I had to remove that server. It went ok. But how the hell do I remove the news groups from showing all at once? I can do it one by one, but there must be some better way ?? Pete ...

Excel tutorials for first time Mac user
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'm fairly capable with M/S Office on a p.c. Just got my first Mac and feel like a total idiot. Can't find tutorial or other help info for real basic stuff--i.e. inserting a new line in an existing spreadsheet. Can anyone tell me where to go, in a nice way :)? Thanks much and sorry for asking such a stupid question. Bob Try MacTopia, the official website of the Macintosh BU. Excel Help and How-To: <http://tinyurl.com/6hap8w> Excel (and other apps) courses: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/courses.mspx> On 08/07/08 5:09, in arti...

book recommendations for beginner
I'm a VB programmer and I'm fairly good at ANSI c++. I want to learn visual c++ and from some of the reading I've done, I gathered that MFC is the place to start. What's a good introductory book to learn how to program with MFC? I already know C++ and I'm fairly familiar with the internals of Windows, messages, window classes, etc. I need something to put it all in the MFC/ATL context. Is there a standarish text, kind of like "The C Programming Language," for learning visual c++/MFC. I'd like to get a book that'll give me a good grasp on the fundamen...

Help for a Beginner Among Beginners
Hello, would anyone kindly point me in the general direction of a solution to a very basic database question (I'm not even sure where to ask)? I have a small consulting company of a dozen employees, with no IT dept. We have info from approx 1000 clients stored in an Access 2000 database which is 10MB in size. A former employee made a simple form, which we populate with client info, and we just add records. The file is on a file server, and all 12 of us access it simultaneously. Recently, I hired a guy to setup a VPN, so that employees can add data to the database while on the road. Howeve...

Manual for beginners -- Charts with Excel
You may find useful a training manual I wrote for making charts in Excel. The manual is for beginners to intermediate users. [So, no VBA and dynamic ranges and stuff]. Great for teaching college students or self-mastering the Excel Charts facility. In any case, the book is free at http://www.vgupta.com VJ ...

Beginner help needed with line chart
I'm in a Management Science class going through some probability and statistics stuff. I'm trying to create a graph that imitates the one in the book. We're using QM for Windows, but I wanted to something simple in Excel in order to understand the problems. I have all the data, but figuring out how to set it up in Excel is what's killing me. Two categories: Receivers with a line drawn from point 0,20 to 40,0 CD players with a line drawn from point 60,0 to 0,20 I want the lines to originate and end on the axis themselves, excel wants to place them in the middle of the entire...

Tutorials for Outlook ?
I was recently given an HP PDA which included MS Outlook 2002. I have never used Outlook previously and would like to be directed to any websites that explain the functions of Outlook and how to use them. I have found most of the functions relatively easy to work out using Help but from reading this newsgroup it appears that there are other functions that I have not been able to access. I would like to be able to format phone numbers and add an extra mobile field (mobile 2)to Contacts. Any suggestions? DD http://www.slipstick.com http://outlook-tips.com http://www.google.com, etc. -...

Beginner Question Re Excel Format
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and XP. New at this. Have Copied to the PC's Clipboard a page of data from a financial program. How do I setup Excel, before doing a Paste of this data, such that Excel "knows" that I want the data to appear in csv format in Excel ? Or, do I (or must I) just Paste it as an Excel Workbook format, and then do a Save-As in the csv format ? Thanks, Bob Have your tried a simple copy & paste? What happens? Do you know about the Data | Text to Columns feature? Can you get the other program to send data to a text file? Sorry to answer a question wi...

Beginners Question...
I got a XML file like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <LicenceControlFile> <Licence1>2AB7-FA43-B05C-4C2A-8DBD</Licence1> <MachineName /> <Licence2>2AB7-FA43-B05C-4C2A-8DBD</Licence2> <MachineName /> <Licence3>2AB7-FA43-B05C-4C2A-8DBD</Licence3> <MachineName /> </LicenceControlFile> Now i need to set the Value of one of the <MachineName /> Elements ! How can i do this with .NET... Thanks Peter Good evening Oleg I've tried to do that, but i got one Error <...

Smart Tag Tutorial?
I'm looking for a piecewise Smart Tag tutorial. I.e., one that shows how the Shape Sheet sections are built up. Any suggestions? Thanks, SteveM ...

Tutorials / Documentation on WTL
Is there any tutorials or documentation on WTL? Any books? Any links? You will Finf this Section intresting www.codeproject.com/wtl/ -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Joachim" <Joachim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B80064BB-3F01-42C8-8848-825F1AB45F06@microsoft.com... > Is there any tutorials or documentation on WTL? Any books? Any links? "Joachim" <Joachim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B80064BB-3F01-42C8-8848-825F1AB45F06...

beginner chart
dear all, I would like to simply create a line chart on an open excel sheet with the data placed in the first 2 columns (a for x axis and b for y axis) i want to use c# code please respond fast email:abdullahshawky@yahoo.com ...

beginners
I've never used excel before. Are the courses list in the order in which I should learn? If not which one should I start with? Con9 Which courses list are you referring to? Some basic Excel tutorials on-line. http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm Microsoft Training Courses. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:48:05 -0800, "Con9" <Con9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've never used excel before. Are the courses list in the order in which I &...

A Crystal Beginner

Earn $200 per day without a website
Tired of wasting your time & hard earned money on "intelligent" programs which promise to make you rich overnight? Then read on, because I am going to show you............. How I made over $2000 in just 10 days using a ridiculously stupid technique I stole from my own affiliate Click the following link to see the entire procedure explained step-by- step. http://www.showroute.com/odp I Got MY Own ATM. J http://www.showroute.com/odp Wilson. ...

Tutorial for Outlook 2003.
Where can I find a free on-line tutprial specific to Outlook 2003 Tasks? I can't seem to find it in the MS Outlook Training pages. ...

"links" tutorials
Dear All, It is very critical for my business to learn the basics and the backbone of links in Excel. Are there any tutorials or articles that gives wealth of information about MS Excel links? (in Excel 9.0.6) Web addresses are also welcome. You can also post to my e-mail above. Thank you in advance. Mustafa Hi Mustafa, You have additional answers in excel.links You have asked the same question several times in the Excel newsgroups. Basically you are not reaching more people but are asking the same people who may visit different newsgroups at different times. Please stick to o...

Manual, tutorial or FAQ
Hi, Is there some place on the internet where I can find a tutorial about building webforms in MS CRM, using the datagrid (and similar stuff) and the DHTML components from MS CRM? I've got the Customization Training Kit but this only scratches the surface. I don't think it's on MSDN of TechNet... I've added a navbar button to the Opportunities screen and want to show a form with a datagrid on it, so the user can add accounts to a datagrid. Is this so poorly documented or am I looking in the wrong places? At this moment I'm looking for answers in the cached files of IE......

A tutorial site for beginners
I am very new to visio and I am using Visio for drawing flow charts. I can use it for drawing basic and simple flow charts but when it comes to minor and detailed amendments, I don't know how to do. I would like to get some tutorials or online hints. What ar ethe best links or sites? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer Osaka, Japan There are some good tutorials at this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061832751033.aspx -- Tim Davenport Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Khoshravan...

Exchange Tutorial
Need simple step by step tutorial to configure server and client and test connectivity Thanks That's a pretty tall order. The deployment guide is here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/depguide.mspx MS has TONS of documentation on their website. Little having to do with Exchange is simple, though. "tech" <me@home.net> wrote in message news:fkwyg.24698$Cn6.7609@tornado.texas.rr.com... > Need simple step by step tutorial to configure server and client and test > connectivity > Thanks Learn this http://msexchange911.org/ind...