needs double value in string format

I have a double variable
Dim d as double. d gets values stored as 2010031266671939.0
I need this value in string.
If I use d.tostring(), it provides in E+ format. I need this double value in
string without E+ format.
If I use d.Tostring("#.0"), it rounds off the double value & provides as
2010031266671940.0.
I need the value as such.

Can anyone help me

--
Thanks & regards,

V.Vallikkannu
Project Leader
Chella Software Private Limited | Mobile : <9944254599.> | Off: +91 452
4262000 | www.chelsoft.com

information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the

printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.

0
Valli

If you want it as a decimal format, then not first convert it to a decimal
format?

"Valli" <valli@chellsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a double variable
> Dim d as double. d gets values stored as 2010031266671939.0
> I need this value in string.
> If I use d.tostring(), it provides in E+ format. I need this double value
> in string without E+ format.
> If I use d.Tostring("#.0"), it rounds off the double value & provides as
> 2010031266671940.0.
> I need the value as such.
>
> Can anyone help me
>
> --
> Thanks & regards,
>
> V.Vallikkannu
> Project Leader
> Chella Software Private Limited | Mobile : <9944254599.> | Off: +91 452
> 4262000 | www.chelsoft.com
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
>
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
> printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited and may be
> unlawful.

0
Cor
3/29/2010 8:28:56 AM
I dont need in decimal. I need that double value as such in string to append
to a string variable.

--

"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
> If you want it as a decimal format, then not first convert it to a decimal
> format?
>
> "Valli" <valli@chellsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have a double variable
>> Dim d as double. d gets values stored as 2010031266671939.0
>> I need this value in string.
>> If I use d.tostring(), it provides in E+ format. I need this double value
>> in string without E+ format.
>> If I use d.Tostring("#.0"), it rounds off the double value & provides as
>> 2010031266671940.0.
>> I need the value as such.
>>
>> Can anyone help me
>>
>> --
>> Thanks & regards,
>>
>> V.Vallikkannu
>> Project Leader
>> Chella Software Private Limited | Mobile : <9944254599.> | Off: +91 452
>> 4262000 | www.chelsoft.com
>>

>> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the
>> intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
>> information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
>> sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
>>
>> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
>> printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited and may be
>> unlawful.

0
Valli
3/29/2010 8:45:14 AM
Valli wrote:
> I dont need in decimal. I need that double value as such in string to
> append to a string variable.

You should have played around with the various format options; I found:

Dim a As Double = 2010031266671939.0
Console.WriteLine(a.ToString("G20"))

outputs "2010031266671939".

Although the "R" format specifier may be more correct.

Andrew

0
Andrew
3/29/2010 9:39:17 AM
What this "G20" represents?
I am new to .net coding.

--

"Andrew Morton" <akm@in-press.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> Valli wrote:
>> I dont need in decimal. I need that double value as such in string to
>> append to a string variable.
>
> You should have played around with the various format options; I found:
>
> Dim a As Double = 2010031266671939.0
> Console.WriteLine(a.ToString("G20"))
>
> outputs "2010031266671939".
>
> Although the "R" format specifier may be more correct.
>
> Andrew

0
Valli
3/29/2010 9:53:33 AM
Valli wrote:
> What this "G20" represents?
> I am new to .net coding.

Start up Visual Studio and open the solution/project you're working on.
Click the cursor onto an occurrence of .ToString and press F1. Hopefully
your VS help will be helpful and open a page about "Double.ToString". Find
the overload for ToString(String) and on the resulting page it will mention
"numeric format string". Click that link and head for the "Standard numeric
format strings".

Then you'll also be able to see why I think using "R" might be better.

HTH,

Andrew

0
Andrew
3/29/2010 10:21:14 AM
Am 29.03.2010 10:16, schrieb Valli:
> I have a double variable
> Dim d as double. d gets values stored as 2010031266671939.0
> I need this value in string.
> If I use d.tostring(), it provides in E+ format. I need this double value in
> string without E+ format.
> If I use d.Tostring("#.0"), it rounds off the double value & provides as
> 2010031266671940.0.
> I need the value as such.
>
> Can anyone help me

Andrew already described how to find it. Here's the link (just for later
if you want to know where to look for; (almost) everything is described
in the manual)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fbxft59x.aspx

--
Armin
0

Match value in one column and return value in same row in next col
Hi, I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the value in the same row but the next column over (D). Example: A B C D 359 375 10012 456 125 10031 125 10031 952 10052 854 444 10017 The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3) matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the v...

Text Values #2
I'm tryng to build a spreadsheet to track employee vacations. How do I sum 8 hours if a cell has a "V" entered and 4 hours if a cell has an "X" entered? Assuming you're using column A, and each row is either the number of hours worked, or a V or a X, then use a helper column, B, and insert this in B1 and copy down.......change the A1's to A2's if you have a header in Row 1, and put this in B2. =IF(A1="V",8,IF(A1="X",4,A1)) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Brando" <carpenterchsd@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1113...

Saving in graphics format generates lines in graphic
I have produced a small logo using Publisher (2003 SP2). It has no borders. However, if I save it in jpeg, bmp, or png formats at least one line is included in the picture, usually one down the left and one along the top. I first noticed it when inserting them into Word, and thought it might be a Word problem, but further investigation using Paint showed that the line(s) did indeed exist. If I erased them with Paint, they stayed erased and could be inserted into Word without problem. So - I have a workaround, but it is tedious, and this does seem a Publisher bug to me. I don't se...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Graph
Hi, Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the following information: I have projects names, and each project has the following data: 1. Estimated cost. 2. Actual cost. 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per demand I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost, but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on every project which reflects its status. How do I do that? Thanks in advance, Chen. Chen - I'd suggest a 2D chart type in...

Do I have to use Conditional Formatting or a Macro?
Hi All, I have a table like this: Value1 Value2 Value3 aq x 3 aa y 5 The cells under 'Value2' already have a ConditionalFormatting (with 3 conditions) to change the background color. I'd like to know if it's possible to apply a format (ie just border) to the entire row, and copy the ConditionalFormatting regarding the 'Value2' column, as soon as I insert a new record in 'Value1'. That is, when cells under 'Value' are not blank, then the row will have a border, and cell under 'Value2' has ConditionalFormatting...

Excel need help

New Address type picklist value not appearing in picklist on forms
Hi, I've customized my Customer Address form to add a new AddressType value of "Registered Office"; value is 6 and I can see it when I go into the form customization editor. However, when I try to add a new address to, say, a Contact, this new address type value isn't shown. Ditto if I attempt to edit an existing address. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. -- Michael Mayne Did you publish the forms and then issue an IISRESET? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:21:04 -0800, ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Date Format Conversion?
I have a tab delimited text file with a column of dates. I copied and pasted a selection of them below as a reference, there are in reality over 35,000 rows of these dates. These text dates must be converted to the following date format and saved back into a text file as such: mm/dd/yyyy That includes leading zeroes in months and dates. E.g. 01/01/1999 To complicate matters, I need to explain the process to others. Does anyone even know where I should begin? THANK YOU, - Chris +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 9031989 8131990 9201989 1271990 10291989 1081990 3041990 10051989 4191990 10...

Macro help needed........

Opening blank sheet with set format
Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click on the toolbar icon) so that it comes up with the font being Arial Narrow size 8 in every cell? Thanks in advance Daniel Create a new workbook. change the font setting to what you want. Save it as Book.xlt in your XLStart folder (as a template) Daniel Bonallack wrote: > > Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... > > How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click > on the toolb...

Lost formatting in Query
I have a query based off of a table, with a subdatasheet pulling from a separate table. I've been using this system for approximately 3 years with no problems. However, within the last few months, I've had a problem with the formatting being lost each morning. I'm constantly having to re-insert the subdatasheet and re-size all my columns that have gone back to the default width. I've never had this problem until recently. My solution so far has included a compact and repair, and to re-design the entire query from scratch. Neither have solved the problem. As another...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

Find max value from 3 cells, return text, but 2 max values same!
Hi, I'm using a simple formula to find and return the maximum value from 3 compared columns (N, Q & T) and place that max value in column U (same row). Equation in column U is: =MAX(N3,Q3,T3) SK17 EC3 PL2 Max Text N O P Q R S T U V 3 6 5 1 6 4 6 3 3 6 5 5 5 2 5 6 1 ...

Need Help Despertly!

Find & replace a value in an unknown cell location
Is there a function I can use to find a text string in a particular column - say in column (H) for string 'Mytotal' to be replaced by 'Subtotal' when the cell location of 'Mytotal' is unknown only the column is known? And also is there a function that can find a certain value in a column then delete the row below the found value? e.g in column (H) find 'Subtotal' then delete the row below the occurance of 'Subtotal'. Help is much appreciated with this one? You can use MATCH to find where "Mytotal" is located, assuming you know either th...

Plug in needed