Impersonation without passing username and password.

I have a service running on a server that gives users access to a
database through remoting services.  My supervisor wants the server
that the service starts to access the database with the user
credentials of the user making the request.

I'm thinking that this will have to be done though some kind of
impersonation but all of the examples I have seen require me to pass
the user name and password.  The user is logged onto our domain and I
need to find a way to access the database through the server via
remoting using the credentials of the user without passing a username/
password.
0
Luft

Hello Luft,

perhaps you could use NTLM. This way you do not need
to know the password as the whole process is done
behind the scenes by Windows.

Best regards,

Martin

On 13.05.2010 23:33, Luft wrote:
> I have a service running on a server that gives users access to a
> database through remoting services.  My supervisor wants the server
> that the service starts to access the database with the user
> credentials of the user making the request.
>
> I'm thinking that this will have to be done though some kind of
> impersonation but all of the examples I have seen require me to pass
> the user name and password.  The user is logged onto our domain and I
> need to find a way to access the database through the server via
> remoting using the credentials of the user without passing a username/
> password.

0
Martin
5/14/2010 6:10:36 AM
wel once it worked as simple as this

Dim myProxy As localhost.Service1 = New localhost.Service1()
myProxy.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials

HTH

Michel

"Luft" <edamron@spamcop.net> schreef in bericht
>I have a service running on a server that gives users access to a
> database through remoting services.  My supervisor wants the server
> that the service starts to access the database with the user
> credentials of the user making the request.
>
> I'm thinking that this will have to be done though some kind of
> impersonation but all of the examples I have seen require me to pass
> the user name and password.  The user is logged onto our domain and I
> need to find a way to access the database through the server via
> remoting using the credentials of the user without passing a username/
> password.

0
Michel

Copying a column without over-shooting
I typicall have 500 rows of data in my columns. I typically need to manipulate the data in a quick fashion. Moreover, I must copy/paste the data from columns A to Z, for example. Here is my issue: I have data in column A1:a500, and I need to move this to Z. I'd like to do so *without* including the elements of a501:a65526. I know the "typical" way of doing this: Scrolling all the way down to the 500th row, and cutting/copying and pasting. This is quite time consuming. What I do now is click on the letter "A" as in column A, and copy/cut. However, this copies/cu...

Using IBF without CRM license
Hi there! Can a user who hasn' t a CRM license use the IBF (to see info about a CRM entity) when working an Office Application? Thanks, Elena Not sure of the "official" answer, but my guess is no. The IBF adapter for CRM is going to piggy back on the CRM API's. The CRM API licensing requires a license. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:32:15 +0200, "Elena" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote: Hi there! Can a user who hasn' t a CRM license use the IBF ...

IMPERSONATION
WHOEVER IS POSTING HERE UNDER "STAN STARINSKI" NAME IS NOT ALWAYS, IN FACT MOST OF THE TIME, NOT REAL STAN STARINSKI. REAL STAN STARINSKI IS POSTING LITTLE & STRICTLY TECHNICAL, USEFUL STUFF. BUT THE FAKE ONE'S REAL NAME IS: B I L L Y A N A I R E OF CALIFORNIA (WILLIAM Y A N A I R E) WHO DRIVES A TOYOTA PICKUPTRUCK. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU RESPOND TO SOME GARBAGE POSTING, THE GARBAGE COMES FROM BILL YANAIRE POSTING UNDER OTHERS NAMES: HE IS MOST OFTEN USING K E V I N J O H N P A N Z K E (remove spaces, I inserted else it would NOT post due to filters Usenet ...

Username/password checking
How can I determine if a username/password is for a valid Windows account, and if that account has administrator privileges? Have you tried NetUserEnum function, level 1, 2 or 3 should give you the info you need. AliR. "news" <joe@joe.com> wrote in message news:%HgTk.5411$Dw1.4310@newsfe09.iad... > How can I determine if a username/password is for a valid Windows account, > and if that account has administrator privileges? > > Actually NetUserGetInfo would probably be better if you already have the username. AliR. "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <Al...

Password question
I recently installed Money 2003 (it was only $4 at Staples). When I clicked on the program, I was asked for a password to access my money file. Since I haven't established a password, what do I enter? I tried the password I use with my passport.com domain, but it didn't work. Thank you. Lou In microsoft.public.money, DartmouthMan wrote: >I recently installed Money 2003 (it was only $4 at Staples). When I clicked >on the program, I was asked for a password to access my money file. Since I >haven't established a password, what do I enter? I tried the password I use ...

Setting System Time without API
Is there any way to set the system time without using the Windows API? sr "Steve Ricketts" <velocedge@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O0RfvR7kKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to set the system time without using the Windows API? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa393289(VS.85).aspx -- Mark Rae ASP.NET MVP http://www.markrae.net Many thanks! sr "Mark Rae [MVP]" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message news:OInGBb7kKHA.5604@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > "Steve Ricketts" <velocedge@ho...

Site now wants a password!
While in my remote desktop on my Windows Server 2003, I dragged the folder containing all of my code/scripts/folders/etc. to the desktop, trying to create a shortcut. I realized that it moved the entire folder to the desktop, so I dragged it back to where it was. Now, it seems that created some changes in permissions and/or security settings, and my website is asking for a username/password from me. How do I restore the settings so that I get my website back? Thanks! -- beadevilg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ beadevilg's Pr...

Dates without //
I need to convert a column of dates formatted "yyyymmdd" t "yyyy/mm/dd". It seems like it should be easy, but it eludes me. Thanks! Kathi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Excel is most likely not recognizing your data as dates and thus you can't reformat them. Convert them to recognizables date with: =TEXT(A1,"0000\-00\-00")*1 and then format as the formula cells as yyyy/mm/dd. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to convert a column of dates formatted "yyyymmdd" to >"yyyy/mm/dd". It ...

Won't remember passwords
When I set my accounts up in Outlook, I clicked the "Remember password" box. But everytime I click send and receive, it asks for the passowrd again and the box is unchecked. I continue to enter the password and check the box, but it never remembers the password. Why? What can I do? What version of Outlook do you use? The following articles may help... Your password is not retained in Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836664 or OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/defau...

Outlook without BCM
I purchased Office Standard 2007. Came with Outlook but no BCM. I want BCM. What's the best/cheapest way to get Outlook 2007 with BCM. Is there an upgrade path from Office Standard 2007 to Office Pro 2007? Outlook 2007 with BCM is cheapest, an upgrade would be more expensive http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101754511033.aspx Dan wrote: > I purchased Office Standard 2007. Came with Outlook but no BCM. I want BCM. > What's the best/cheapest way to get Outlook 2007 with BCM. Is there an > upgrade path from Office Standard 2007 to Office Pro 2007? ...

Loop without Do
My problem is that I get a "Loop without Do" statement (my code might have other problems....I'll get to them later !) No need to tell ya guys I'm a newbie... Thanks in advance Marc Here's my code: Sub NoComact() Dim counter As Integer Dim compteur As Integer counter = 1 compteur = 1 Do While counter < 1000 Do Range("B, counter").Select While Right("B, counter", 1) < Right("B, counter + 1", 1) Range("C, counter").Value = "BRG-000 & compteur " counter = counter + 1 ...

share outlook caledar oon the network without exchange
The only way to share a calendar with other users on a network without having Exchange is if the users have Outlook 98 or 2000. Then you could use Net Folders to share the calendar through e-mail. Here is a link to an article that explains Net Folders, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;258619. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message >From: "Paul Meyer" <...

Passing data between forms Access 2000
Hello, I have a master/detail form with a button which when clicked displays summary data line by line in a different form, which contains a "More" button which when pressed should display a copy of the Master/detail form with all the data. I have done this in another data bases (Access 98 & 2003) with no problems, but I now get no data passed back when the "More" button is pressed. My code is as follows: Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FClient_and_sub_more" stLinkCriteria = "[Cname]=" &...

DOWN WITH IMPERSONATORS. JUST FYl!
MESSAGE REPORTED. EXPECT TO SEE YOU IN COURT. JUST FYl! "Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz)" <IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote in message news:i5en2b$l58$2@news.eternal-september.org... > MESSAGE REPORTED. > EXPECT TO SEE YOU IN COURT. > JUST FYl! So you were arrested also? Now you will be in court. What were you charged with? Fucking Sheep in public? If you want to see me in court, please let me know the jurisdiction, date, and time you will be on trial and I will see if I can make it. Nice going. Are you making fun of the retarded po...

Outlook PST sudden request for unknown password?
Outlook pst suddenly ask for unknown password. Normally I would simply hit cancel, Outlook open and the folder for my PST is there. How can I fix. I now removed and try to reattach, but it ask pword here too. UGH! HELP! This is occurring for the two separate PSTs I had. HELP - has my MCP stuff ...

show columns on other worksheet without using formulas
Hi, I have 1 worksheet containing lot's records. Just like in access, each line is 1 record, and each column contains data. ex: WORKSHEET 1: name title address city 1 dfjw kjhk kjhkj kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk lkjkuf guyg 3 drdtg xcx yjutuy hgyy Now I want to have a selection of columns on worksheet 2: ex, only name and title: WORKSHEET 2: name title 1 dfjw kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk 3 drdtg xcx I will only add/modify rows in worksheet 1. And I want that this is filled automaticaly in worksheet...

Impersonation
Hi, I wrote an nt service that need to copy files from a directory in a remote computer, so i connect to the remote computer using the API command: WNetAddConnection2(&nr, sPassword.GetBuffer(0), sUserName.GetBuffer(0), 0); it all work fine in debug mode(or release) but when i run my application as service i get an error in the connection (the error number is:2250 it say "This network connection does not exist. ") Why??? I guess it because the service ran in system mode but anyway I use that API to log in to the remote computer so it should work... and when I ran the applic...

Office Communicator 2005 without Outlook?
We use Lotus Notes. Can OCS 2005 be used without having Outlook installed, if all we are using is IM, desktop sharing, application sharing and perhaps videocam? We're thinking of it as a help desk tool, rather than a conferencing tool. Thanks, -- Jean On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 12:46:08 -0800, Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use Lotus Notes. Can OCS 2005 be used without having Outlook installed, if >all we are using is IM, desktop sharing, application sharing and perhaps >videocam? > >We're thinking of it as a help desk tool, rat...

Clean up old A/P amounts without posting through to GL
The subsidiary detail for accounts payable is the Historical Aged Trial Balance. On a few of our A/P vendors, this detail will show some old invoices, debit memos, and credit memos that go back a few years and should be deleted. Can these prior year amounts be deleted, or even debited / credited so they net to zero? And, can this be done so the amounts don't post through to the GL? They probably can't post through anyway for anything older than 2 years. Thanks, Mike Mike You can very much delete the payables trx history using GP Utilities. And Be assured nothing will post t...

Outlook 2003
I have Outlook 2003 configured to check my email accounts every 10 minutes. I am now continually getting pop-up messages asking me to enter my network password. I keep clicking the checkbox to 'Save password' but the message window still keeps popping up for each account. I have re-created the accounts but am still getting these annoying pop- ups. I have finally reverted back to manually checking for mail by turning of the auto check and hitting the send & receive. Anyone got any ideas as to why it is doing this and what can be done to fix it?? Frustrated!!! Go to too...

how do I replace #n/a in a formula with 0, without erasing my for.
I have a vlookup formula which sometimes gives the result #n/a ( due to the result not being in the vlookup table ). However, I have another formula which looks at this result and if this result is #n/a then it also gives me the result #n/a. Does anyone know how I can amend this so the second formula recognises the #n/a as a 0 ???? The problem I have is that I need to keep all the formulas Hi 1. Option: change your lookup formula to something like =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(..)) 2. Option use the following formule (e.g. vLOOKUP formula is in cell C1): =IF(ISNA(C1),0,C1*2) "...

pass through query variables
Hi Guys, I am looking for some help with a pass through query. I have a number of reports that allow users to select values from combo box's and want to know how I can pass this data in a pass through query. I have looked through and searched but seem to just get sites that I have to register to get some details, but do not wish to register elsewhere to get some info. If any has an example or links to any sites that would cover this I would appreciate it. An example of what I would want to pass is [forms]![frmReports].[txtsupplierID] [forms]![frmReports].[txtprod...

Excel Dashboards Without VBA Scripting?
Fellow Forum Members, I'm using Excel 2007 and my objective is to setup a trading log that tracks my performance with charts that dynamically update to applied custom date range filters. Otherwise known as Excel Dashboards. The link below shows screenshots of the dashboard I am trying to emulate with Excel 2007. http://www.fxtraderlog.com/screenshots.htm I have all my trading data laid out in a tabular format simlar to what is shown in the top screenshot. My tabular layout differs in that it includes 4 additional columns. My chronological data layout I'm using seems to be tro...

Avoid repeating UserId and Password prompt while sending/Recving in Outlook2000
Hai ! I am using MDemon Mail Server , more than 50 Client users are using them. And most of them having Windows XP Pro + MS Outlook 2000 and others are having Windows 98SE+ MS Outlook2000. In Windows 98SE+Outlook2K combination clients are working fine without any issus. But every time repeated UserId and Password prompt screen is coming while Sending/Recving mails in Windows XP Pro+ Outlook 2K combination. This problem is happening after Change my Mail Server MDemon instead of FTGATE Mail Server. How can i solve this problem , please give me solution AEAP. Regards, Kishore ...

Charts from Pivot Tabels without Scroll Down Bar
Is there an easy way to create a chart from a pivot table without the scroll down bar as shown in the pivot table? On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide PivotChart Field Buttons Angel wrote: > Is there an easy way to create a chart from a pivot table without the scroll > down bar as shown in the pivot table? -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Wonderful - Thanks so much "Angel" wrote: > Is there an easy way to create a chart from a pivot table without the scroll > down bar as shown in the pivot table? ...