HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

I have an application with a .chm help-file.
But I have some questions about the behaviour of the help-window.

I use a modal application window and I can start the help.
The help windows appears but it is allways in foreground of my application
window.
I can set the input focus on my window, the help window becomes inactive but
I cannot  move my window over the help window.
So I have to close the help window or minimize it or move it aside of my
application window when I want to go on in my application.

The other problem is when I minimize the help window and then open a dialog
window in my application and call the help again , the help windows resize
and become visible again.
But when I try to set the focus on the help window, it becomes invisible
again.

Is this a configuration problem of the help window settings in the html help
workshop?
Is there any documentation aviable about the interaction between my
application (vb-basic net) and the html help window.
I mean not how to navigate to help topics or so, my problem is to control
the behavior of the help window.

Or must I manually control the help window using its process and window
handle.

Thanks

Manfred

Manfred:

I had the same problem and solved it by creating (but not showing) a new
Form in my application's Load method.

	Private Shared m_helpForm As Form
	m_helpForm = New Form()
	m_helpForm.CreateControl()

And I added a method to my application's main form.

Public Shared Sub RequestHelp(ByVal p_topic As String)
	Help.ShowHelp(m_helpForm, "myhelp.chm", HelpNavigator.Topic, p_topic)
End Sub

Then, whenever I need to pop up a help window I just call this method.

Making this invisible form the parent of the help window solves the
problem for me.

If there is a better solution for this behavior I would invite someone
to post it.

--

Dennis

***

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 01:56:01 -0800, Manfred Z.
<ManfredZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an application with a .chm help-file.
>But I have some questions about the behaviour of the help-window.
>
>I use a modal application window and I can start the help.
>The help windows appears but it is allways in foreground of my application
>window.
>I can set the input focus on my window, the help window becomes inactive but
>I cannot  move my window over the help window.
>So I have to close the help window or minimize it or move it aside of my
>application window when I want to go on in my application.
>
>The other problem is when I minimize the help window and then open a dialog
>window in my application and call the help again , the help windows resize
>and become visible again.
>But when I try to set the focus on the help window, it becomes invisible
>again.
>
>Is this a configuration problem of the help window settings in the html help
>workshop?
>Is there any documentation aviable about the interaction between my
>application (vb-basic net) and the html help window.
>I mean not how to navigate to help topics or so, my problem is to control
>the behavior of the help window.
>
>Or must I manually control the help window using its process and window
>handle.
0
Dennis
1/23/2010 12:09:27 PM
Just to add...

You also may need to add handlers for Me.HelpButtonClicked and
MyBase.HelpRequested.

--

Dennis

***

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 07:09:27 -0500, Dennis <nobody@nowhere.invalid>
wrote:

>Manfred:
>
>I had the same problem and solved it by creating (but not showing) a new
>Form in my application's Load method.
>
>	Private Shared m_helpForm As Form
>	m_helpForm = New Form()
>	m_helpForm.CreateControl()
>
>And I added a method to my application's main form.
>
>Public Shared Sub RequestHelp(ByVal p_topic As String)
>	Help.ShowHelp(m_helpForm, "myhelp.chm", HelpNavigator.Topic, p_topic)
>End Sub
>
>Then, whenever I need to pop up a help window I just call this method.
>
>Making this invisible form the parent of the help window solves the
>problem for me.
>
>If there is a better solution for this behavior I would invite someone
>to post it.
>
>--
>
>Dennis
>
>***
>
>On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 01:56:01 -0800, Manfred Z.
><ManfredZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I have an application with a .chm help-file.
>>But I have some questions about the behaviour of the help-window.
>>
>>I use a modal application window and I can start the help.
>>The help windows appears but it is allways in foreground of my application
>>window.
>>I can set the input focus on my window, the help window becomes inactive but
>>I cannot  move my window over the help window.
>>So I have to close the help window or minimize it or move it aside of my
>>application window when I want to go on in my application.
>>
>>The other problem is when I minimize the help window and then open a dialog
>>window in my application and call the help again , the help windows resize
>>and become visible again.
>>But when I try to set the focus on the help window, it becomes invisible
>>again.
>>
>>Is this a configuration problem of the help window settings in the html help
>>workshop?
>>Is there any documentation aviable about the interaction between my
>>application (vb-basic net) and the html help window.
>>I mean not how to navigate to help topics or so, my problem is to control
>>the behavior of the help window.
>>
>>Or must I manually control the help window using its process and window
>>handle.
0
Dennis

PLEASE HELP. Autoshapes.
Would someone please take a look at this website and tell me HOW they make these objects as autoshapes. I seriously do not think they are using the freehand tool to draw these. Any ideas? Thanks. Sorry. Forgot to give the site. http://www.softill.com/map-objects.html "Mike" wrote: > Would someone please take a look at this website and tell me HOW they make > these objects as autoshapes. I seriously do not think they are using the > freehand tool to draw these. Any ideas? Thanks. Hi, I used the freehand tool to create my map. If I recall it took about 30 mins to cre...

Help me #2
Hi all, I have a MFC dll, in this dll I have a function. This is function's prototype: int GetCellAt(double left, double top, LPDISPATCH* lpCell). In this function I asign a valid pointer to lpCell. In the programe that uses this dll I call this function but after calling this function lpCell is always NULL. When I change the function declaration like this : LPDISPATCH GetCellAt(double,double) and in this function I return the pointer that I asigned to lpCell. After calling this function I get an valid pointer. Please tell me why? In your first function, you have declared a &q...

Urgently need help with creating formulas
Hello My worksheet is full of thousands of firstnames, middle names surnames, email addresses etc etc. How do I create a formula that wil result in having each persons *first name, initial of middle name surname and email address * ? I would really appreciate some help. Thank you. Ka -- Kat Hughe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kat Hughes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1674 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31952 You didn't bother to tell us your setup so try thi...

Importing Comma Seperated Text Please Help ?
Hi There, I have a device which pumps out text in a "serial stream" the data is in a format like below: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 Using the text import wizard the data must be arranged into columns or a table like: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 for it to import into cells, is ther any way I can get the data to format into cells correctly ? Anyy help greatly appreciated. Cheers! Byron Byron, Your main problem is that you appear to have no line seperato character, though your example shows 10 columns for a line. (10 is thu the number of Find stat...

[ Help need to switch from Mac Entourage to PC Outlook ]
Hi Everyone :) I have to switch at work all my Entourage content to a PC. After reading the MS posts the only tip they give is to use an IMAP server to tranfer the emails but I got more than a GB of messages :S Any other tip that might help me? Got to export emails, contacts and calendar. Ty all for your help. Regards, Lady.- Hi, I have a similar need and have had similar luck finding an answer. Have you had any luck? Thanks, Jim >-----Original Message----- >Hi Everyone :) >I have to switch at work all my Entourage content to a PC. >After reading the MS posts the only tip t...

Perhaps html encoding
Hi, I've got signatures set up on everyone's email in the office, nice HTML graphicy signatures. When people using Outlook send to Outlook Express users, all the images and formatting is lost. OE recognises it as an HTML email, but looses most of the formatting. Additionally, If I forward a message with an attachement from Outlook to an OE user, the attachment seems lost. It's clear by the message size that the "data" is still there, but it's not showed as an attachment. If the message is forwarded as plain text however the attachment is A-OK. Are there any tweaks on ...

Help w/sending '07 Publisher email
I have Publisher 2007 and have created an email pub that I want to send as a message in the body of an email. I'm using Windows Mail and have configured it to the right pop email server, but when I try to send myself a test email to check how it looks, I get nothing. Can you help? Mr. JLW wrote: > I have Publisher 2007 and have created an email pub that I want to > send as a message in the body of an email. I'm using Windows Mail > and have configured it to the right pop email server, but when I try > to send myself a test email to check how it looks, I get nothing....

Charts, Help!
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to set the font size for the axis ticklabels to 6 for every chart in the active sheet. Sub SetFontSizeAllCharts() Dim myCht As ChartObject For Each myCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects myCht.Chart.TickLabels.Font.Size = 6 Next End Sub I get errors! Help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi cdegar01, The problem is that you are not including the Axes object. Explanation extracted from the help file: expression.Axes(Type, AxisGroup) Type Optional Variant. Specifies the axis to return. Can be one of the follo...

HTML
When I receive mail in Outlook lately, all the HTML tags show. I also had a note recieved with a bunch of .gif files that I couldn't do anything with. The sender said I was not set up for embedded HTML. Sooooooooo, what have I messed up or am I just missing something. Thanks............. ...

I click on something and my Macro buttons disappered. Help.
Can someone help me find them? Maybe Tools>Options..View Objects...hide all -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4444AB8B-BEDF-486B-90B7-06A294819719@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me find them? Colleen Where were the buttons? On the sheet? On a toolbar? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:30:03 -0800, "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone help me find them? there were on the toolbar "Gord Dibben" wrote: ...

Please Help me!!!!!!
Hello, I would like to ask your help regarding the WAN IP address I'm pretty sure somebody has invaded my Hotmail during 2010/1/4 ~ 2010/1/5 and 2010/1/12 ~ 2010/1/15 There are many privacy and important information in my mailbox. So I'm really really need your help to find out which WAN IP address was log in my mailbox during these two periods. It's really URGENT!!! Please kindly help me!!! Looking forward to hearing from you soonest!!! Thanks and best regards, Tess Chiu ...

Help...Need to modify data within a column in a .csv file
I have been given a .csv file of several thousand rows, and I need to change column A of each. The brief cutout below shows column A of the first two rows. (I need to skip the first row, which is the headers.) Kinda clumsy to have such a wide column, but the application this file is to be fed after I change the contents requires all the data separated by double-quotes to be in the one column. Cell A2: 09/12/0509/25/05"1417385"121"307"111-11-1111"09/30/05"LASTNAME1 Cell A3: 09/12/0509/25/05"1417386"101"900000005"222-22-2222"09/30/05"...

HTML emails #2

Can't save JPEGs from HTML Emails
Hi All, Outlook 2002 on several different machines. If I get an HTML email with JPEGS in it, if I right-click and [save as], the only option is "untitled" .BMP. I've done some googling and this can happen in IE if there is a cache problem so I followed all the steps there but to no avail. Outlook Express works fine as does other email viewers. Only Outlook 2002 is affected. Any ideas? http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm might be helpful. "Danny" <sradobe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2222001c45d67$a39a4e70$a601280a@phx.gbl... &...

HTML markup printing
Something has happened to cause my WLM to print email in HTML markup language rather than the images the language describes. It looks fine when I view it... showing images and all but it prints the markup language. I can highlight the email content and copy/paste it into Word and it prints properly from there. Any ideas? HTML Code May Be Printed Instead of Web Page or Message http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=175322 Also try resetting IE as the default browser. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Panic" <wrong@co...

Call GenerateAuthenticationHeader from a custom html page.
I created a html page in CRM Web folder. I made a button on the form to call this page. My problem is I need to call the CRM web service from this page. Seem like I cannot call the function GenerateAuthenticationHeader() in this custom page. How can I call it? GenerateAuthenticationHeader() is a JS fuction embeded in the CRMForm Style Sheet, without including the CRM style and header files, you cannot call the GenerateAuthenticationHeader() function. this function will return you the information of the current logo user, you may reproduce this same function in an asp.net page using the W...

Help with Conditional Formatting 02-09-10
I am trying to do conditional formatting of a few cells. The condition is: Cell Value = #N/A and the format is to assign the background color to the font. But for some reason it doesn't work. The cells doesn't change. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks Hi, Use =ISNA(a1) wher a1 is the cell you are Conditionally formatting -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Ayo" wrote: > I am trying to do cond...

Java Script help
hi i have a field called GNA which is a check box. i also have another field called gna date and gna intial. the functionality i am trying to achieve is as follows: if gna = yes, then gna date = today's date and make gna initial a required field. if a user then goes back and updates the gna = no, then gna date = null and gna initial = null Can someone please help me with the code that i could use Kind Regards Ridhima if (crmForm.all.new_gna.DataValue == true) { crmForm.all.new_gnadate.DataValue = new Date(); document.getElementById("new_gnainitialvalue").classNa...

DATA LABEL HELP
I have a regular area chart and my data labels are several points away from where the value crosses the X axix.....in other words I need my data labels to move up each time the graph is drawn. I am using VBA to draw the graphs automatically - I know I can move the labels manually but since I have this fully automated, I need to automatically have the data labels sit on top of the value where the top of my area graph crosses the X axis...... PLEASE HELP! If the points have data labels, and you've used one of the standard positions for the labels (above, left, etc.), the data labels mov...

Help ! a couple of newbie questions
Hi I’m very new to excel. I’ve created a workbook that is being used to keep track of a small informal golf league. I’ve figured out how to calculate and keep an ongoing handicap (basically used the fill handle to keep the formula each time I add a new round). Now, my stupid little questions: 1. My handicap scores are kept in column H10 through H15. Each time I enter a new round (for example in row 16), the handicap score in H16 is updated to reflect the new revised handicap. What I’d like to do is have the new handicap number show up in my heading area in cell E1. Eventually there ...

Keep hyperlinks afer save as html
Hello, I have created hyperlinks in my ms project but when I Save as html, I loose the hyperlinks. Can you please help? Thanks. On Jan 25, 5:55=A0pm, Enolia <Eno...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have created hyperlinks in my ms project but when I Save as html, I loo= se > the hyperlinks. Can you please help? > > Thanks. * Duplicate post* See my other reply Hello Enolia, When you exported to HTML, did you select to export the Hyperlink Address field? In a quick test with Project 2003, the hyperlink address field does expor...

Creating HTML
I need to write an authoring application that will in short, need to create web pages. I would like to have some sort of WYSIWYG interface, kind of like Frontpage. When done, I can publish the pages to a web server. Are there any sort of tools, components (ActiveX) that I could use to accomplish this? Thanks Ralph WHY DO YOU PEOPLE STILL THINK THAT SOMEONE GIVE YOU CONSTRUCTIVE REPLY WHEN YOU SET THE DATE OF YOUR POST YEARS OR MONTHS AHEAD?! MY SUGGESTION TO CIVILIZED PEOPLE USING USENET: PLEASE DO COMPLETELY IGNORE IGNORANTS UNTIL THEY KNOW SIMPLE RULE: EVERYONE SHOULD WAIT FOR HIS/HER TU...

Please help
I have a query that returns text. SOME text is just text but some text has a number like X1027 - in front of the text. It might read like "X1027 - Jonesboro High School". The text lengths vary from school to school and some don't have the numbers in front. How can I remove the numbers, spaces, and - in front of the ones that do and leave alone the ones that don't. Help!!! Thanks so much!!!!!! "Golfinray" <Golfinray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93B7A4A5-7287-409C-AA89-200820C8DF5A@microsoft.com... >I have a query that returns text....

Help removing 5.5 server after migration
I have migrated from an Exchange 5.5 environment to a Exchange 2003. I have moved all the mailboxes, public and system folders, also removed all the connectors and am able to shut off the 5.5 server and still have all Exchange tasks work. So, I'm now ready to remove the 5.5 server from my administrative group. All the guides say to connect to the SRS server using Exchange 5.5 administrator and delete the 5.5 server from the administrative group. However, when I try to connect to the SRS server, I get an error message: Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange...

Help with Excel
Combination charts for showing mixed data - how do I combine two show comparison of data? Can you type an example of the data, and give some detail on the kind of chart you'd like to create? Elizabeth wrote: > Combination charts for showing mixed data - how do I > combine two show comparison of data? > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...