connect bindingSource to text object.

Hello.
What is wrong of the following (the text has no data)? :

    Dim FBndDataTable As DataTable
    Dim FBndDataSource As BindingSource
FBndDataSource = New BindingSource
FBndDataSource.DataSource = DataTable
        Dim drv As DataRowView
        Dim dr As DataRow

            drv = FBndDataSource.AddNew()
            dr = drv.Row

' txtValue is TextBox.
  txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", bs, "query_id")

Thanks :)
0
Mr

Sorry.
I shall try again :

What is wrong of the following (the textBox has no data)? :

    Dim FBndDataTable As DataTable
    Dim FBndDataSource As BindingSource
FBndDataSource = New BindingSource
FBndDataSource.DataSource = DataTable
        Dim drv As DataRowView
        Dim dr As DataRow

            drv = FBndDataSource.AddNew()
            dr = drv.Row

            dr("query_id") = 1

            FBndDataTable.Rows.Add(dr)

FBndDataSource.Position = n ' holds the current position
' txtValue is TextBox.
  txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", bs, "query_id") 'even I put a value, I
cannot see it.

Thanks :)

0
Mr
5/29/2010 11:14:19 AM
txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", FBndDataSource, "query_id") 'even I put a
value, I

You bind two properties together

"Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
> Sorry.
> I shall try again :
>
> What is wrong of the following (the textBox has no data)? :
>
>    Dim FBndDataTable As DataTable
>    Dim FBndDataSource As BindingSource
> FBndDataSource = New BindingSource
> FBndDataSource.DataSource = DataTable
>        Dim drv As DataRowView
>        Dim dr As DataRow
>
>            drv = FBndDataSource.AddNew()
>            dr = drv.Row
>
>            dr("query_id") = 1
>
>            FBndDataTable.Rows.Add(dr)
>
> FBndDataSource.Position = n ' holds the current position
> ' txtValue is TextBox.
>  txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", bs, "query_id") 'even I put a value, I
> cannot see it.
>
> Thanks :)

0
Cor
5/29/2010 12:27:59 PM
Sorry,
I don't understand what should I do.

Thanks :)

"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
> txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", FBndDataSource, "query_id") 'even I put
> a value, I
>
> You bind two properties together
>
> "Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry.
>> I shall try again :
>>
>> What is wrong of the following (the textBox has no data)? :
>>
>>    Dim FBndDataTable As DataTable
>>    Dim FBndDataSource As BindingSource
>> FBndDataSource = New BindingSource
>> FBndDataSource.DataSource = DataTable
>>        Dim drv As DataRowView
>>        Dim dr As DataRow
>>
>>            drv = FBndDataSource.AddNew()
>>            dr = drv.Row
>>
>>            dr("query_id") = 1
>>
>>            FBndDataTable.Rows.Add(dr)
>>
>> FBndDataSource.Position = n ' holds the current position
>> ' txtValue is TextBox.
>>  txtValue.DataBindings.Add("Text", bs, "query_id") 'even I put a value, I
>> cannot see it.
>>
>> Thanks :)

0
Mr

Text is not showing up in cell. Why not?
I type in text and it shows up in the "fx" box above and I can see text in white when I hightlight a range of cells that contains this cell, but the text doesn't show in the cell normally. The cell is formatted "General" like a lot of other cells around it are that show text. Make sure that the cell isn't formatted as white font on a white fill. TomBrooklyn wrote: > > I type in text and it shows up in the "fx" box above and I can see text in > white when I hightlight a range of cells that contains this cell, but the > text doesn'...

justifying text
How do I remove the extra spaces on a line when I justify text? I want to full justify and ctrl+J does not do it. Thanks Abbylady What extra spaces? Do you mean the extra space between letters and words? If so... then are you sure you really want justified text? Extra space between letters and word are how Word accomplishes justification. With proportionally spaced characters and uneven amounts of text on each line, justification requires it. There are different justification methods that can be selected using Word options... Perhaps one of them will give you something c...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Not all of the text is visible when looking at the cell.
Not all of the text in a cell appears when looking at the cell unless I double click the cell or look at the formula bar. Autofit the row height is on and shows a lot of white space. No special styles are applied. Wrap text is on. Cell number is formatted as normal but have tried it as text also. It's an Excel limitation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211580 -- Jim "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F8E4A2D-F263-4C05-8465-7686ED771800@microsoft.com... | Not all of the text in a cell appears when looking at the c...

how to add prefix '>' to orig text on reply in OWA ?
In Outlook we have the advanced options menu, where a prefix can be added to plain text of the original message received, in case we want to reply to them in plain text - Does a similar option exist in Outlook Web Access ? If not - How can I enable such feature to reply mail to people who hate top-posting. "Pavan Savoy" <Pavan Savoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41BD67A4-C79A-4108-B2F2-4FE5CB46AB34@microsoft.com... > In Outlook we have the advanced options menu, where a prefix can be added to > plain text of the original message received...

how to use the scroll bars to move objects
Hi, In my project i have a long list of data ans some hyper linked images in the top few rows. I want the pictures/wordart to move along as i scroll down the page. please let me know whether i have to use any coding. Please let me know in detail as I'm a beginner. Thanks, Regards Ash Ash, It sounds as if freezeing panes would do the trick. Here's how to do it. Select the entire row below where your pictures end. For example, your pictures end at row 5, left click the number 6 on the left hand side of the screen. The whole row will be highlighted. Now left click 'Window&...

Text to column #5
I have a text file of data that i get on a daily basis and have to perform the 'text to column' function on each time. Is there a way that i can just place the new text data in column A and have it automatically updated starting in, say, column C. Alternatively, if that isnt possible is there a function i can write to extract the data from the text file myself. Example: Text in A1 abc 123 def 456 ghi How can i extract abc, 123, def, 456 and ghi into cells c1 through g1? If your text string is always the same length and format, one clunky solution would be to write ...

bodlfacing text within larger text string
I have put together a test string with ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz" I would like to boldface the number (celld4) only. Can I add some kind of formating to the text( ) where I tell it a decimal format with 2 places ("0.00") as well or some other way? Thanks Hi no, not possible with formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hovendic wrote: > I have put together a test string with > > ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz" > > I would like to boldface the number (celld4) onl...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Drag & Drop text
Hello, Implementing drag & drop in C# seems pretty easy. However, in attempting to do so I ran into an issue that I don't understand. I found that I could drag & drop icons but when I tried to drag & drop text it would always display the red circle with the bar through it, so I would never even get to the point of being allowed to drop it. As first I thought it was something wrong in my code (which it may still be), but when I tried to drag & drop text between two 3rd party text editor applications like Wordpad and UltraEdit, it wouldn't let me do th...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

convert a number to text(english)
How would I convet number to text in English and not in Bhat in EXCEL Thanks Khawaja Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Anwar Khawaja" <Anwar Khawaja@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EB132237-78E5-4E90-80E0-18F611E7FA2E@microsoft.com... > How would I convet number to text in English and not in Bhat in EXCEL > Thanks > Khawaja > ...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

converting numbers to text and prefill text field with 0's
I have a column of dollars and cents (445.92) that I need to convert to text and prefill with 0's to a width of 9 characters and no decimal (000044592). I wrote a formula (see below) that works except with figures like 0.08 where there are no dollars, or 4.70 where the 2nd character to the right of the decimal is a zero. Using the formula below, these figures come out like this: 0.08 converts to 00.0808 and 4.70 converts to 0000047.0. Can you help? =IF(LEN(A1*100)=2,CONCATENATE("0000000",RIGHT(A1,2)),IF(LEN(A1*100)=3,CONCATENATE("000000",LEFT(A1,1),RIGHT(A1,2)),IF(...

Vertical Text Drawing
Is it possible for Drawing text in vertical position. i.e) 90 degrees counter-clockwise direction. Can this be done through DrawText function? Thanks in advance! -- Many people can only keep on fighting when they expect to win. I'm not like that, I always expect to lose. I fight anyway, and sometimes I win! http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/rotated_bevel.asp might work for you "Aravindan" <Aravindan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB4F6CFF-49B6-4A4E-9612-4BE059C95209@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for Drawing text in vertical position. i.e) 9...

Text format
Hy, I have an text how looks like this: "AA-BB CC-dd". I want to select the text until the "-dd", so the result would be "AA-BB CC". So the text until "-" followed by an lower case letter. How can I do that ? Hi is this text part always after the last '-'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Me wrote: > Hy, > > I have an text how looks like this: "AA-BB CC-dd". I want to select > the text until the "-dd", so the result would be "AA-BB CC". So the > text until "-" followed by an low...