Application folder path in setup - 158889

Hi

How can I add the version of the app in the application's path? I tried to
set the following the default location property in setup to the following
but no luck.

[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName][Version]

Also how can I add the version in the name of the desktop shortcut?

Thanks

Regards

0
John

Unable to open default e-mail folders, lacking permission
Had an interesting situation. We run Exchange 5.5 with a 2K AD domain. We had a user this morning who was unable to open Outlook XP (though I don't think the client version matters). She runs Windows XP on her machine. She would get the error, "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on." She was able to open Outlook without any problems up until recently and nothing had changed with her domain account or Exchange mailbox. It turns out another user had somehow stored their password (in her user profile) when logging on to just the Excha...

Inbox messages and sub-folders vanished
Hi I turned on my PC this morning and opened Outlook Express 6 as usual. My machine shut itself down. When I restarted it and opened Outlook again the messages from my Inbox (apart from those sent today)and Inbox sub-folders had all vanished. No other folders seem affected. What has happened? Can I get my messages back? Hi Sara, Do a search for *.dbx on your computer. Follow this article on how to import http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270670 "Sara Steeles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8c0a01c49660$d77b8600$a...

Clicking one application's buttons from another application
Hello, I'd like to write an application that can click the buttons of another application running on the same machine. All my application knows about the target application is its name, the name of the window containing the buttons, and the name of the buttons. Can someone further my education in this matter in some way. Thanks, Ray Mitchell This is tricky, but possible. I actually do it in a little utility I wrote to move Outlook filters down, since the "Move Down" button doesn't autorepeat and when you have 850 anti-spam filters it becomes a bit unwieldy. What yo...

running another application from my application
Hello, I have an MDI application that on a specific case runs a 3rd party application. I use PeekMessage so my application will be drawn corretly while working on the 3rd party app. I want to prevent the user from doing anything in my application while te 3rd party app is running, until the user closes the 3rd party application. Also I want my application to be shown correctly (handle WM_PAINT, WM_DRAW etc.). Currently my application is displayed very well, but the user may do things in my application while the 3rd party app is running. I use the following code (pseuo): BOOL bRetVal = CreateP...

Public calendar folder not sending confirmation to organizer...
We have a client with an Exchange 2003 server and when I set up a public folder for calendar items it would send meeting notices to everyone that was invited to attend and place the appt in their calendars, but not to the person who put the appointment in. This is troublesome because the client wants to have the appointment automatically added to her own calendar as well as the public folder. I've got her creating a duplicate copy in her personal calendar every time she creates a meeting, but I'd prefer not to have this as a permanent solution. Any ideas on how to force it to...

Application exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance not called neither destructors
Hey Friends It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called neither destructors. Plz Help "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307170549.7af528cf@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application > is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called > neither access violation? Dear Antonio Mazzeo I have corrected the problem,it was causing due to Splash Screen Compone...

Public folders not visible in EMS
I need to reset permissions on a public folder. I read the TechNet article here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/14f91205-23e7-4d62-b3f5-00c02b82a19e.mspx However, the folders are not visible in the folders tree in ESM. So, I am not sure how to proceed. I have W2k server with E2k3 enterprise. Thanks Hi Can you tell me a bit more about the problem, are they just not there or do you receieve some type of error message when you try to access them from ESM? Do you receieve any of the following error message when trying to expand or access y...

Set Folder as Persistent
I have a WinCE 6.0R3 image that I'm attempting to modify to allow for persistent storage in a specific folder. We have Hive-Based Registry and RAM and ROM File System enabled and working as expected. I also have "Mounted Volume" store set up in Flash that allows for persistent storage (ie can add/remove files and changes appear after power cycles). What I'd like to do is designate a specific folder in the system root as persistent. I've seen a lot of postings on setting the entire / Windows folder as persistent (don't want to do that) or switching to a R...

Ideas for a Dept Level Application Support
We have an IT group that supports 50 applications and they wish to capture support time by application during course of the year. During the course of a week, any application or combination of applications can have support requests, so it is different week to week and not predictable. Essentially we are looking to park the time with appropriate application after the work is complete. We are using Project Server 2007 and have investigated the following: 1. Created a Annual Support workplan with a task per application in Project Pro with the IT group added as Enterprise resourc...

Help in creating dialog based application
Hi, I am creating a dialog based application which has a main dialog with 3 buttons. 1. Address Book 2. Student List 3. Course List with which i can go to any one of the screens(which is again the dialog). when i click address book button my main dialog should be hidden/closed and i should open the address book dialog which has again some button to navigate back to main dialog/student list/course list. same kind of functionality for other two dialogs(student/course list). i thought of creating all the 3 dialogs as modeless and main dialog as parent but how i will inform the parent window to ...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

ms money 2003 online setup
hello. my bank supprt the direct online statement download function, however, the bank name does not show up on the list of banks when i try to set up the service. the bank's web shows the instructions for this and you can see the bank name on their example. in the example, it does look like a newer release of ms money. could it be only supported for new versions of money? thanks, joel "joel" <joel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07C511BC-2756-4C76-9876-02453C6E7146@microsoft.com... > > could it be only supported for new versions of money? ...

Problem in opening Publid Folder
Hi, We have recently migrated Outlook 2000/Server Exchange 5.5 to Outlook 2003/Server Exchange 2003. Since then, it takes as long as several minutes for some users to open Public Folders. Does someone has any idea about why it takes so long and how to fix it ? Thanks, KK ...

Items don't stay in "Sent Items Folder"
One of my email clients has just developed a very strange problem. When email is sent it is copied to the "Sent Items" folder (normal default) and then disappears a few seconds later. Reboots have no effect. It does seem to only happen to email going out of the domain and not to internal email. Anyone heard of this? Steve Auto archive was turned on by the user against company policy (I shut it off). It wasn't set to archive the sent items folder, though. After rebooting the Outlook 2003 doesn't seem to be doing it any more so I may have been premature in my post. I'l...

Converting Console Application to win32 application
I have created an MFC console application. When I run it from Windows Explorer it opens a dos box and closes the box when it terminates it logic. Is it possible to convert it so it won't open the dos box - just run without any display? If positive, please help me regarding the steps. Thanks Kalish I am not sure if you can compile MFC with a standard win32 application, but if you can, then you can simply change your main to a WinMain, and you will have the result you want. Create a Win32 Project using the Wizard, and selection Windows Application, to see an example. Remove everthing ...

CRM 4.0 SETUP ERRORS
Dear all, I tried Installing CRM 4.0 professional edition in my test lab on windows server 2003 sp2, i keep receiving the following errors after folloming the implementation guide step by step: 1.error: verify domain user account SPN for microsoft dynamics CRM ASP.NET application pool account.( I use domain user account with domain admins right for the service account) 2. Error: Index was outside the bound of the array 3: SQL error: an error accured while esterblishing connection to the server, when connecting to SQL server 2005. This failure may be caused by the fact that under defa...

image path
I have the following requirement for an assignment. Could u please help me in creating xml document for this. I have images stored in c drive. .. Create an xml document that models the image groups. Each grouping should include the name and location of the images within the group. • Create a web page that allows the user to select and display a group of images. • Use the xml file to specify the groups of images the user can select. • Allow the user to select a group of images. • Display the group of images when a selection is made. seema wrote: > I have the following requirement...

Migration path fro m Server 2003 to Server 2008?
Hi folks, I'm in the middle of migrating from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. I also have a Server 2003 that I would like to "migrate" to a Server 2008 box. The Server 2003 has file shares (about 200Gb of data), and is my print server. Is there such a thing as the ability to migrate these services from one server to another? Mike Hello Mike, See here about File server migration toolkit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d00e3eae-930a-42b0-b595-66f462f5d87b&displaylang=en http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/fsmt.aspx Best ...

public folders #51
Hi, I'm migrating from SBS 2000 to SBS 2000, I'm using Office XP on all machines with mostly 2000 Pro as the client OS. My question is what would be the best way to migrate the Public Folders from one domain to the other. Thanks Craig Hi Craig, Thank you for the input. As you are using SBS server, we can use the Export\Import wizard in Outlook to migrate the public folders. To do so: 1. Open Outlook and logon to the old Exchange server with a user account that can access all public folders on the original Exchange server. Copy all public folders you want to rehome to a PS...

Persistent folders on desktop
Using Windows XP/SP3. I have some folders on my desktop which are empty that I'd like to get rid of. I put them there myself but even when I delete them they return when I restart the computer. How do I get rid of them? Renaming & trashing doesn't help. Nor does emptying the Recycling Bin before rebooting. I don't even know where/how to search for this problem! I've tried as many versions of the question as I can think of. TIA bj bj wrote: > Using Windows XP/SP3. I have some folders on my desktop which are empty, > that I'd like to get rid o...

MSMQ ... authenticating application
A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. Is there any workarounds? Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6917708E-88B1-497B-A888-5038ACEA17CE@microsoft.com... >A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server > application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific > applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. > ...

Is there a way to apply "page setup" defaults to an existing work.
Is there a way to apply "page setup" defaults to an existing workbook in Excel? For instance, I frequently work with excel files that someone else has generated, and in order for me to print them out, I have to go to "page setup" and change the margins to .5 on each side, and I like to have the footer = pathname & file, and generally like to set my pages to fit on 1 page width & height. Is there an "easy" way to apply a default page set up format to existing files (and worksheets in the files) that have data in them? Or do I just have to change ev...

is there a hotel management excel application?
The subject says is all... TIA Martyn Hi Martyn, See response to your thread in Programming. --- Regards, Norman "Cheker" <zoomer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eNJLsRRqEHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The subject says is all... > TIA > Martyn > > > ...

DLL
Is there any way to detect when an application that is calling my dll is about to be destroyed? I need to close several files if the calling application has not done so, therefore I need to detect when the calling application is about to be destroyed and clean up the files and variables I have used in the dll. You need to implement DllMain, the handle your cleanup tasks when you receive a PROCESS_DETACH notification. Check out: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_initialize_non.2d.mfc_dlls.asp "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutexto...

Exchange setup with externel spam service
Hi, When setting up exchange to work with an external spam filtering service how do you set the exchange server to only receive and sent to that IP? Do you set up a smart host or is this better handled on the firewall filtering to/from the IP? If you use a smart host do you use the public IP of the providor? How does it know what IP it comes from? Also...what sort of security risk is there if you have your exchange server behind a firewall and you forward all smtp traffic to the server without any filtering? Thanks - Wayne "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...