Adding/copying Worksheet to Excel

I got 10 worksheets in workbook Master (file master.xls) and I wand to copy
them to the workbook B (file b.xls).
How can I do this? I need to this for few thousand files.

"Nicolas" wrote:

> I got 10 worksheets in workbook Master (file master.xls) and I wand to copy
> them to the workbook B (file b.xls).
> How can I do this? I need to this for few thousand files.

This is code sample that shows how to add new worksheet in vb.net
        Dim obook As Excel.Workbook
        Dim osheet As Excel.Worksheet

        obook = oexcel.Workbooks.Add
        osheet = oexcel.Worksheets(1)
        osheet.Name = "TEST1"
        osheet.Range("A1:AZ400").Interior.ColorIndex = 2
        osheet.Range("A1").Font.Size = 12
        osheet.Range("A1").Font.Bold = True
        osheet.Range("A1:I1").Merge()
        osheet.Range("A1").Value = "Excel Automation With Charts"
        osheet.Range("A1").EntireColumn.AutoFit()

        osheet.Range("A2").Font.Size = 12
        osheet.Range("A2").Font.Bold = True
        osheet.Range("A2:I2").Merge()
        osheet.Range("A2").Value = "Excel Automation With Charts"
        osheet.Range("A2").EntireColumn.AutoFit()

        osheet = oexcel.worksheets(2)
        osheet.Name = "TEST2"
        osheet = oexcel.worksheets(3)
        osheet.Name = "TEST3"

        'add worksheet
        osheet = CType(obook.Worksheets.Add(), Excel.Worksheet)
        osheet.Name = "TEST42222222222222222"
        osheet.Move(After:=obook.Worksheets(obook.Worksheets.Count))

        obook.SaveAs("C:\TEST1.xls")
        obook.Close()
        obook = Nothing
        oexcel.Quit()
        oexcel = Nothing

http://vbdotnettutorial.blogspot.com/search/label/Excel

Adding timeframes to database
I have a set of timeframes under a priority. How can I get the date to default when a priority is selected, eg Priority is 8 weeks, due date from today would be????? -- Vanessa Nuttall Pavement Maintenance Technican Look up the date functions in Access Help, specifically the DateAdd and DateDiff functions. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "Dalocky" wrote: > I have a set of timeframes under a priority. How can I get the date to > default when a priority is selected, ...

Cant print multiple copies of a worksheet
Having problems printing more than 1 copy of a worksheet, I go to file;print then check "entire workbook" and change the # of copies to what I would like (say 20) it only prints 1. It does this on all my saved worksheets so I know there is a major setting that got changed but I cant find which one. Some Printer drivers don't honor the request from excel, so you may have to set the 20 in the printer properties setting rather than the Excel Print dialog box. Jeff wrote: > Having problems printing more than 1 copy of a worksheet, I go to file;print > then...

Can more as 1 user use Excel File in Intranet in the same Time
Can more as 1 user use or modify Excel File in Intranet in the same ?? no excel is for fucking retards. use a database; Excel has ZERO VALUE -Aaron ADP Nationalist marcin wrote: > Can more as 1 user use or modify Excel File in Intranet in the same ?? ...

Copy cell values across separate sheets
Hi I currently have a Main sheet with a list of cell values in Col A e.g ABC, ADF, AVD etc. I want to copy these to cell A1 in sequential sheets in the workbook. Any ideas? Thanks, Bertie. -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382352 one: copy the cells two: group the sheets you want to paste to by holding control button and clicking onto the sheet tabs three: p...

Easiest way to insert multiple copied rows?

Excel Reports and Business Portal
Hi, Can the new functionality of Excel Reports within Dynamics GP be published and viewed on BP4 in any way? Are there any things to consider regards the location of the ODC file and reports in a complex security environment, and where both thock clients and Citrix are used? -- Thank you Neil ------=_NextPart_0001_03156EF8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. The new Excel reports can be deployed to a SharePoint Report Center, which you will have if you installed BP on MOSS when using the Site Collection Template of ...

How do I remove an e-mail heading from an Excel file?
In my Excel file, it came up with an e-mail message area as part of the file which I must have accidentally inserted. The e-mail portion needs to be removed, but cannot find how to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi alstarr Click on the mail button next to the Save icon in the Standard toolbar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "alstarr" <alstarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66522CEC-F128-453B-8EF3-29EA1417E1C3@microsoft.com... > In my Excel file, it came up with an e-mail message area as part of the file > which I must ha...

Sorting a portion of a worksheet
*Using Office 2007* I am using the sort function to organize a list by date and anniversary year. That works well. Then I insert blank lines (for readability) between groups of dates according to weeks on the calendar. No problem. Next, I want to sort the names alphabetically within the anniversary year and week. Each time it asks if I want to expand the selection. I say yes so that all of the data (name, anniv. year, anniv. date, job title, job location) stays together for each entry. Sometimes this works. Sometimes it doesn't. When it works, just the names of assoc...

making a cell a link to another worksheet
hey there I was wondering how I can make a cell a link to another worksheet or make it open a new word doc or excel doc ? thanks You could use Insert|Hyperlink and follow the dialog from there. Simo Sentissi wrote: > > hey there > > I was wondering how I can make a cell a link to another > worksheet or make it open a new word doc or excel doc ? > > thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Adding same info
I have two worksheets that have the same info on one as the other such as names. To cut my work load in half I would like to know how to insert the name in one form and it automactly insert the name in the other worksheet. How do I do this? Thank Kenny Dee Hold down SHIFT-key and select both sheets ..........then enter the name in your selected cell and it will go in that cell on both sheets........... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Kenny Dee" <kennydee@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:#Ym$27IPFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have two worksheets that have t...

Worksheet setup
How do I set up a new worksheet overall 180 x 240 mm with cells 37 x 30 mm? A worksheet contains 65536 rows and 256 columns, no more no less. Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an inch and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch. The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell. For an interesting and enlightening discussion on this subject see http://snipurl.com/dzz8 If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm. Ole Erlandson has code for setting row ...

Multiple but different copies per page
I am laying out an A6 booklet. To save paper, I want to print 4 different pages to an A4 page, which I'll print out to proof. How can I acheive this in Publisher 2003? (I can only find an option to print the same A6 page, 4 times, on an A4) Open a new instance of Publisher, divide the page in quarters, copy/paste from the booklet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Allan TFF" <AllanTFF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C9F3FA2-5DBC-4AEC-86AE-7359895372A4@microsoft.com... >I am laying out an A6 booklet. To save paper, I want to print 4 differ...

Lost save option in excel after creating Macro's
Using excel 2002 (OS=XP PRO) when creating Macros before have always relied on the dialog box tha normally comes up when you close excel -Asks whether you want to sav changes to "personal.xls". Now When I close it down it doesnt give me the option any more .And dont know another way of saving macros.Any ideas :mad -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds like the application.displayalerts property has been set to false by one of your macros. Search for that property and make certain that the macro that sets it to false also sets it back to true. Bob Flanagan ...

Want to make excel to pull up a jpeg based on cell values
I want excel to pull up a jpeg based on a cell's value. It would inser the jpeg into another cell. An example: If A:25 has a value of 5 can exel grab 5.jpeg fro somewhere and insert it into another cell, say C:25? I assume the best place to put these jpegs for excel's use is o another worksheet -- fishbi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fishbin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2072 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49195 Perhaps you can adapt this: http://ww...

Adding Subcategories of account types
Greetings I have used money for some years now, and would like to find out if there is a possibility to enable subcategories of account types. That is, under account list, bank accounts, i would like to have a way to separate my checking account from my wife's as well as our business checking account (I am using beta mny2005 deluxe & not business.) The same is true for my credit accounts, that is, can I create a category that separates my credit cards from my wife's? tks -- ARosenthal MCS Dallas In microsoft.public.money, ARosenthal wrote: > >I have used money for ...

microsoft excel #4
Whre I can find in the web to download microsoft excel Thanks. Budors, I'm not sure what you mean - Microsoft Excel isn't a free software application. If you can find it out there as a public download on the web I'm sure that Microsoft would want to know about it. Cheers, Katherine "budors" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0F9FF3A-B5BE-44C0-AA0A-D97529FB5EC6@microsoft.com... > Whre I can find in the web to download microsoft excel. > > Thanks. You cant download it, not legally any way, you have to BUY it, strange as that...

Open a specific worksheet
Hi, Just reading some of the other posts I am drawn to ask a follow up question. I have a workbook with sheets named for each month of the year. Is it possible to have the opening sheet open on the month of the year.. so jan is the opening sheet during January and February the opening sheet in february etc etc. Regards Don Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets(Format(Date, "mmmm")).Activate End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise you...

copying charts into new sheets, data is pulled from old sheet
i make a sheet with a load of data and some graphs, then i want to copy the whole thing into a new sheet to process some similar but different data, all the cell references translate cleanly, and refer to the new sheet however, the graphs reflec tthe previous sheets ranges and data. how can i copy the graphs so they refer to cells on the new sheet? btw i know excel pretty well, and i could go through and drag new data on, but i would like about 30 graphs per sheet, so its tedious. thanks instead of copying just the data, use the Move or Copy Sheet option under Edit and copy the whol...

excel to csv
I have excel sheet with text in it. I have to export or save it as csv file so that all the columns are separated by comma and values in columns are enclosed in quotes. The csv file should be like: Name,"Password" John Doe,"home" Jane,"butterfly" Johnson,"12jhn15" Richard,"hamlet" Laura,"34LB12JM" How can this be achieved? Excel has .csv as one of the 'Save As' options under the File menu item. Just type your information into Excel just as you want it to be laid out in the .csv file a...

opening Excel worksheet
I have a user that when he opens any of the worksheets in a particular file, the formatting is all messed up. He has excel 2002. When I open the same file, it looks fine. I have opened it in 2002 and 2003 and it seems fine. Yet, he can open other Excel worksheets in different files without the same problem. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks, I'm not sure what all messed up means. Is it the objects on the worksheet? Have they moved? Is it the fonts (characters in the cells)? Maybe it's a font problem--if you change the font to something else and save and have the pro...

HELP!!! EXCEL!!!
I need help from someone who knows alot of windows and excel. I had something very important saved to Excel, and I went to open it, and there was an error, saying do chkdsk.exe, so i did that. Now when I open the file in excel, it opens but its in turkish or weird writing, if i change it to English, its still not my work its a bunch of letters and boxes. How do I get my work back??? Please email me at nceantonio@yahoo.com... thank you Christina ...

Scatter graph in Excel 2007 #2
Here is what I am trying do and not sure if it can be done or not. I have 3 columns of data. Column A is the data that I want plotted. Column B is to be my X-axis and Column C is to be my Y-Axis. When I create the scatter graph it is not coming out like that and not sure what I need to do to correct things. If it helps out any Column A is a question number Column B is Quality of the question Column C is Importance of the question. Thanks for any help you guys can give. Do you mean the question number is a label to be applied to the data that is plotted? Select columns B and C and create...

Problems connecting from EXCEL 2003 to OLAP Server
Hi, I=B4m trying to work with the EXCEL Addin for OLAP Server, butI=B4m having problems to connect to the server, I get the following message: OLAP Server error: Property name was not recognized, 'Safety Options' Does anybody know how to solve this problem? I can connect to the cubes using Pivot Tables but not with the addin. ...

Office97 -> XP. Excel opens blank spreadsheets (unprivileged user)
I have recently upgraded Office 97 to Office XP on our Win2000 machine (SP3). When we open some of our old spreadsheets they come up as a blank spreadsheet - ie there are not even any cells visible. This problem goes away if we log in as Administrator. We are still able to open these files as a nonprivileged user on Office 2000 on another system in our office. Any suggestions? Maybe it's just off the viewable screen: Window|Arrange|tiled Or maybe it's not really staying open. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE after you try opening the problem file. hit ctrl-R to see the project exp...

want all worksheet tabs visible, starting at left
The order of the worksheets is: MainMenu Its Worksheet_Activate() event says frmMenuMain.Show (frmMenuMain contains only buttons to run modules in the application; cmdCancel hides the menu and displays the Plots tab) Plots Data Instructions .... At the end of a VBA module which creates a plot, I set focus to the Plots worksheet with Sheets("Plots").Select This also changes the leftmost tab to be the Plots worksheet tab and moves the MainMenu tab off the screen to the left. As the code above indicates, showing the MainMenu worksheet (to have its tab appear as the leftmos...