add a node to XMLDocument

 Hi, I'm new to XML programming.

I'm writing a program in Visual Basic.Net that retrieves XML data
from eBay. I want to store the results of a query in an xmlDocument.

Here is an example, I pass an item number, and get back XML information
about that listing. Response format here.
http://developer.ebay.com./DevZone/shopping/docs/CallRef/GetSingleItem.html#Response

I have an XML document that keeps a list of information about various items.
I only
use a few of the fields there.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ItemList>
     <Item>
         <ItemNo>2375439067</ItemNo>
         <Title>iPod shuffle</Title>
         <Price>5.67</Price>
         <Bids>4</Bids>
         <Autobid>12.00<Autobid>
         <Shipping>2.45</Shipping>
         <TimeLeft>15mins</TimeLeft>
    </Item>
    <Item>
         <ItemNo>2123490678</ItemNo>
         <Title>Video Recorder</Title>
        <Price>7.99</Price>
        <Bids>5</Bids>
        <Autobid>10.00<Autobid>
        <Shipping>7.50</Shipping>
        <TimeLeft>1hr 12</TimeLeft>
    </Item>
</ItemList>

Note - the autobid element isn't from eBay, I set it myself, it's the
maximum
amout I'm willing to bid for that item.

When I retrieve data for an item from eBay, I want to do the following:
1) create a new item node.
2) copy the information from the eBay XML to my node, and set the AB amount
3) add the new node to my xmlDocument.

What is the code to do this?

Let's suppose that I have the response stream from eBay, and have extracted
the XML from it into an XMLDocument called ebay_item_XML , my list of
 items is loaded into an XMLDocument called list_of_items, and I want to
set an autobid of 23.99

  Dim item_list as XMLDocument
  ' load item_list from file

  Dim eBay_item_xml as XMLDocument
  Dim sr As New StreamReader(incoming_stream)
   ' get the incoming stream into an XML document
   eBay_item_xml.LoadXml(sr.ReadToEnd())
   sr.Close()
   incoming_stream.Close()

0
Peter

Peter Morris wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to XML programming.
>
> I'm writing a program in Visual Basic.Net that retrieves XML data
> from eBay. I want to store the results of a query in an xmlDocument.

With VB.NET and .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML and XML literals
instead of System.Xml.XmlDocument:

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
Martin

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Help, Cluster Service on passive node won't start
Can someone help me out? We are running Windows 2k3 sp1 and Exchange 2003 sp1 in a 4 node active/passive cluster. I had to reboot my passive node but when it came backup up, the cluster service would not start. I get the following errors: Error 1053 Could not start the cluster service on local computer The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. EVENT ID 2147023843 Anyone know what I need to do to get the cluster service back up and running? TIA, Clayton Is your heartbeat cable ok? Trying pinging the other nodes heartbeat IP address. W...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Add target to trend chart
I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have a specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line on the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line, without having to populate a new column with the same number? Thanks Two options, 1) Simply draw a line where your target is at using the drawing toolbar. 2) Add an additional series to your chart containing two points. The X value of the points indicates the length of your line. The Y values should be set to your target. "Patience" <...

How To Add Filters To Add Ins List ???
I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS. I have install the conversion to read office 2007. When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt How do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ??? Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power point files??? I is very knowledgeable on VBA. Thank You, Gary You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have those. :-) That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows...

Can I add other data to a pivot chart
I want to add a target line to a pivot chart. The data for the target line would be from a different source (worksheet) to the underlying pivot table. Is this possible (by workaround or otherwise)? A pivot chart can only display data from the pivot table. This can be overcome by drawing a line and hoping it doesn't move too much. I would instead make a regular chart from the pivot table, and add the data for the additional line. To make a regular chart from a pivot table, select a blank cell that's not touching the pivot table and start the chart wizard. In step 2, you must use...

Fill in form add picture
I have a Word doc that is a protected, fillable form. I want to add a field where people who edit the file can insert a picture/logo -when the file is protected. How do I do that? Thanks, Caroline See http://jay-freedman.info/form_picture.zip. It's a complicated scheme -- if you have trouble applying it to your form, contact me by email. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Caroline wrote: > I have a Word doc that is a protected,...

how do I add functions together in an excel Chart?
I am trying to determine the equation for three different functions in a scatter plot on graph in excel. I then want to have excel add these functions together. Does anyone know how to perform these functions? You can use the trendline feature to determine the formula. Select a series, then use Add Trendline from the Chart menu. To add these functions together, you can add together coefficients of the individual trendlines. To avoid errors, display the trendline formulas with a high degree of precision: format the formula, and on the Number tab, choose a Scientific format with 15 dec...

I want to add 6% sales tax to the amount in a cell/column
I have a small spread sheet that I use and 1 of the columns is used to enter the amount paid for an item I would like to add 6% sales tax automaticly to the amount I enter Thanks Bob "Bobb1220" <Bobb1220@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:920D71CF-2E44-4648-9084-FA76203944E7@microsoft.com... > I have a small spread sheet that I use and 1 of the columns is used to enter > the amount paid for an item I would like to add 6% sales tax automaticly to > the amount I enter > > Thanks > > Bob Assuming your data is in A1, enter =A1*1.06 in some ...

Calling add customer / add item functionallity from addin
I am developing a new addin and would like to call the add customer and add item UI directly from my addin without having to switch back and forth between the addin and POS. Not actually wanting to add them to a transaction just the database. I could access the dB directly but I don't want to reinvent the wheel and I want to use RMS so all the entries and validation are sweet. Micro$oft crew if you are reading this and other posts, then you probably know why open source software is doing so well. Publish your full API for Version 1.2 and you might sell more product!!! ...