While xml serializing object how can I truncate <?xml ...?> this line alone?

I need to send the serialized xml data to a web method ... since SOAP
already have <?xml tag there was some confusion

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Regards
Raj

Raj wrote:
> While xml serializing object how can I truncate <?xml ...?> this line alone?

Serialize to an XmlWriter created with XmlWriterSettings where you set
OmitXmlDeclaration to true.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

XML Header

Radiant 1510 with samsung 350 serial printers
good day, Has anyone ever tried using Radiant 1510 Touchscreen moniters with samsung 350 serial printers......I am having some trouble being able to print....i have triend both the opos and windows drivers....any help would be greatly appreciated.... Best regards, Uttam Using a serial printer might be your problem. If you look through past threads you will notice a lot of the problems listed with printers show up with a serial connection. It seems to be much better to use either LPT1 or USB. You might want to consider a Serial to USB adapter and see if that works. Craig "...

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

Serial port
Hey, I've got an application (VC6), which must communicate with the serial port (com port). I use ReadFile, WriteFile with Non-overlapped mode. There's a thread, which is only for the reading. The problem: Missing data. Does anybody knows, how the input/output buffer of the comport is realizied? When there come more data over the ComPort then the Software reads out, what happens? Does anybody had some advices? Thanks Peter There are a variety of ways to set up reading a commport, but in general you= have to use overlapped IO. The comm port driver in effect puts data in y...

CEPC, serial KITL
Can somebody explain to the novice how to enable serial KITL in WinCE 6.0. CEPC ? My CEPC platform has an incompatible Ethernet adapter, so I am booting to MS-DOS copying NK.BIN from the network share and then staring it with loadcepc.exe It works great, I also can see debug messages on serial port. Great, however, what is the easiest way to run KITL over the serial port ? There suppose to be serial KITL implementation in CEPC BSP, but how to enable it ??? Thank you, Yan ...

show XML schema and values

Offline synch using XML web-services

problem when transferring out serialized item
we have a serialized item that was returned by a customer, and was placed into offline inventory. i went to offline inventory and transferred the item out, we did a standard transfer type (we are sending the item back to the supplier). after doing that, i went to the transfer out order, and selected issue all, and tried to commit to it. i get the error message "the following serial number exists in the database, and is not available for issuing: 04215494019" i checked this serial number in the serial table, and the status of the serial number is set at 3. we've never...

String to xml document

Beginner of XML

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Truncate initials
I'm using Excel 2003 and have a list that is produced from another source that contains first names and initials in one column and last names in another. I'm trying to strip off the initials so that I can accurately sort by first names. This formula =IF((FIND(" ",A113)),(LEFT(A113,FIND(" ",A113)-1)),(A113)) works for cells which contain a first name and initial, but some cells contain only first names and they return #VALUE! rather than simply the first name. I can't figure out why. Any suggestions? TIA --Ed Try testing for no space: =IF(ISERROR(...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

Truncated Merged Cells
Actually, I have truly MERGED cells that contain LINKS to other workbooks. The merged cells were created exactly as you described and the data within them (text) comes from several other workbooks, with the appropriate references. We created them in 95 and later converted them to 97. We can use them in Excel XP but they lose the data that would be displayed on 2002 and 2003. Have not tried 2000 yet. Thanks for the help. We are very concerned about this problem. Our workbooks are complex with many links. Elsa I only have the ideas that I already posted. And you can find posts in goog...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

new xml file is larger than the original
i'm working on a windows application that will edit and create xml files from another application. the original file is 83k, the one created by my vb.net program is 153k but all i add is a new xmlelement when i use the other program and add a xmlelement is only increased the file to 85k. how come my application increased 70k in size and also added the <?xml version="1.0"?> when i didn't tell it to. how do i duplicated a xml file and only add the xml element that i want to insert. where did the extra 70k come from. thanks here is my code: Dim newEvtEnr...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...

http xml post
Hi I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and send response back. But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as a single key" I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Cindy "CindyH" <chenschel@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:eg9EfjVsIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). > > In my t...

Enum serialization
I take an error trying serialize a member in document class of type enum... binary '>>' : no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'Elementi' (or there is no acceptable conversion) where i defined enum Elementi{Line,Rectangles,Circle,Curve,TEXT}; enum Elementi m_element; and for example m_element = Line; so in serialize doc function i have in my serialize function... if (ar.IsStoring()) { ar << m_color // Store the current color << m_element // the current element type, !!!THIS LINE GIVES NO ERROR!!! << m_PenWidth // and the cu...

Problem creating XML file...
Hi all! I'm trying to create this XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Build type="Daily" sync="True" compile="True" assemble="True" > <Sync version="1.0.0.0" branch="QA"> <Directories basePath="//OpicsPlus/Source/Release" /> </Sync> </Build> For this, I'm trying to use the code below: private static BuildConfiguration SaveXML(XmlDocument xml, string fileName) { // Creates the nodelist XmlNodeList nodeList; XmlElement user = xml.Docume...