Write XML with all columns/fields

Hi all,

I am doing a windows mobile project that uses ASP.NET web services.

Web service returns dataset-s that are pulled from database and later saved
on local mobile storage (write XML). On client (WM 6.1) program loads
dataset (read XML and read XML schema) when needed. User can insert/aappend
new records.

My problem occures when some data fileds are empty... default method
WriteXML, on client side, does not create XML nodes for empty
fields/columns.
Than when you are trying to reference some field value that was empty, you
get exception.

Is there any property or method of DataSet that I could use to save dataset
with all fields/columns regardless if empty or not ?

Reagards,
Milo

0
Milo

"Milo" <email@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I am doing a windows mobile project that uses ASP.NET web services.
>
> Web service returns dataset-s that are pulled from database and later
> saved
> on local mobile storage (write XML). On client (WM 6.1) program loads
> dataset (read XML and read XML schema) when needed. User can
> insert/aappend
> new records.
>
> My problem occures when some data fileds are empty... default method
> WriteXML, on client side, does not create XML nodes for empty
> fields/columns.
> Than when you are trying to reference some field value that was empty, you
> get exception.
>
> Is there any property or method of DataSet that I could use to save
> dataset
> with all fields/columns regardless if empty or not ?

It sounds like your question is ultimately about ADO.NET, and you might have
a better chance of getting an answer if you ask in the ADO.NET group. That
said, it doesn't appear as though that group is very active, so I dunno....

0
Jeff
4/7/2010 3:34:36 PM
OK, thanks.

I will try in microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet

0
Milo

Outlook e-mail folders (using the same header/column configuration for all folders)
Is their a way in outlook XP to transfer the header/column spacing configuration (from/subject/receive/size etc) for one folder (such as inbox) to all other e-mail folders in outlook 2002? ...

XML in a Relational Database
I am trying to build a system to store several XML documents in one Database. The focus of this application is the XML documents could be whatever. I know nothing about the schema of the xml documents that i must save, only know that is a xml document valid. I am trying to store the node in one table, the attributes in another one, following (more or less) the DOM. But i am wondering if this project is already done. I have looked for something like this in internet but i find nothing. Do you know if exists a DataModel defined for this, and a application to use it? I already know that ...

[IMAP migration] Bad timestamp in receive column
Hi', I'm trying to migrate e-mails from Domino to Exchange server. I use "imapcopy" to do the job. Copy works great but when i take a look in my Outlook 2007, in the column "receive" i see that all my e-mails get the date of the migration and not the real arrival date. I try to use Thunderbird to check my new exchange 2007 mailbox and from Thunderbird dates are ok. It seems that Outlook doesn't read e- mail headers. Is there any solution (like a script redefining all dates of exchange 2007 database ?) Exchange server : Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2007 SP1 ...

Regarding field in Activities
Hello Everyone, I have two question about regarding Field in Activity entities: 1- Is possible regarding an Activity to a user? 2- Is possible regarding an Activity to more than one Account, Contact, Case and Etc.? -- Mohsen Ahmadi It depends on how much customiyation you wann do. But basically anwer to both questions is No. "Mohsen" wrote: > Hello Everyone, > I have two question about regarding Field in Activity entities: > 1- Is possible regarding an Activity to a user? > 2- Is possible regarding an Activity to more than one Account, Contact, Case > and Etc.?...

Re: Writing a resume I'm not sure what I write in objectives #4
"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... > > "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... >> >> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message >> news:eP#YfN65JHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >>> GbH wrote: >>>> but neither is a resume!!!! >>> >>> So you're complaining about the lack of acute accents when people >>> refer to a r�sum� as a resume? Why not correct to the intended word >>> rather than a different one - pa...

In excel, column headings displaying as numbers
All of a sudden my column headings are displaying as numbers instead of the "A, B, C" that I am used to. How can I change them back? Tools>options>general>settings>r1c1 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "millguy" <millguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7934D0CC-8DE9-480E-A75A-36DDA559254D@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my column headings are displaying as numbers instead of the > "A, B, C" that I am used to. How can I change them back? Hi tools / options / general - untick R1C1 reference style ...

Getting the sum of several fields
I created a field called cash in a MS Access form, I want the totals for these fields 100 50 20 10 5 to be placed in that cash field. In the control source for the cash field I am using =Sum([100]+[50]+[20]+[10]+[5]) and thought that would work but it does not. I can do a sum of two fields, but anything larger does not work. What am I missing Dave I'm not entirely clear on the data structure underlying your form. Are you saying you have multiple fields ([100], [50], ...) and want to total across them? If so, you've just described ... a spreadsheet! Is there a reason you aren&...

drag and drop clistview column problem
I'm trying to implement drag and drop columns with clistview controls in report mode. I've got a subclassed header control, and use owner draw, but I think things should behave normally? After the HDN_ENDDRAG event (on Notify) I find to my surprise, that the header now has different widths than the underlying clistctrl columns. I can resize columns using the header control, but the control is confused about widths, etc. I've tried to resize both columns and headers after the event, and I can change the size, but they are no longer connected - header and listctrl. Anyone ...

How do I remove blank cells from a column of numbers
I have a long column of numbers which cotins many blank cells. I want to remove all blank cells, providing a shorter list contining only numbers Hi try: http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kanga 85" <Kanga85@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AB1A95CC-65CA-451F-88C6-01F8831C03D5@microsoft.com... > I have a long column of numbers which cotins many blank cells. I want to > remove all blank cells, providing a shorter list contining only numbers Data>Filter>Antilitter select blanks and then de...

Error: field address (column 18) has changed!
Hi, In the DoFieldExchange method i have the following line of code RFX_Binary (pFX, _T("[TEMPLATE_IMAGE]") , m_baTemp, ImageSize) Image size is defined as follows: const int ImageSize = ( 8400000 ); When i load the value into my class member variable(m_baTemp) and Call CRecordset::Update() Following trace message is shown Error: field address (column 18) has changed! Can anybody please tell me what could be the possible reasons... Thanks in Advance.. San ...

Merge contents of two columns into one?
I have an EXCEL worksheet with two columns containing address information. For an address of 123 Main St., one column has the "123" and the second column has the "Main St." I want to import this data into Contacts in Outlook 2003. However, my existing street address field in Outlook Contacts has the information in one column, that is, "123 Main St." So, I want to combine the two EXCEL columns into one column, so I can then import that column into Outlook, bringing the street address field into Outlook with the same address format that already exists t...

CRM security
Hi, Can we restrict access at field level on Microsoft CRM ? e.g. a sales person to only read the probability field on the opportunity form, but not be able to edit it. What will this take? I know we can do this for entire forms, but what about field level? Thanks, Nilesh Currently, there is no way of locking individual fields unless you create your own custom form and use the web services to populate the fields with data. ...

Find record where a field indicates the lowest value
@ All, I do not know, how to get my query done. Here is the situation: I have a table with the following data: Table: JobNo as String Device as String Price as double Data: JobNo Device Price -------------------------------------- 123 DeviceA $100 123 DeviceB $110 123 DeviceC $115 124 DeviceA $200 124 DeviceB $195 124 DeviceC $215 The result I would like to have is: JobNo Device Price -------------------------------------- 123 DeviceA $100 124 DeviceB $195 Basically I am looking for a qu...

data series in rows or columns.
I am having problems in a class here which the teacher can't seem to help with. I was making a bar graph, and the A column had East, West, North, and South. The one row had 1st Qtr, 2nd Qtr, 3rd Qtr, 4th Qtr. The bars represent the data. In Chart Wizard, Step 2 of 4, chart source data, there are two check boxes marked, "series in:" and the boxes are marked "rows" and "columns". Here's where I get lost. Which way do you read the data? Hi Mike "rows" uses the headings across the row as the labels for the X axis and graphs the data acc...

Referencing two separate records from the same column
I need to create a report from a table that collects the time that a manufactured item is ready for delivery. One item I need to add to the report is the time differential of each manufactured item sent to a specific location. For example, Widget 1 has a ID of 1, and production time of 10:00 am. Widget 2 has an ID of 2, and a production time of 10:03. Widget 3 has an ID of 3, and a production time of 10:07. I need a report that based on this items falling in sequence of ID can calculate the time differential is 0:07 (Minutes). I posted this question earlier and Allen Browne he...

How do I show multiple time durations in a column bar chart?
I need to chart the following: Variable output (Y-axis) vs. Required Completion Time (X-axis). Each column hsould represent a different person. Currently I can only get Excel to plot one time on the X-axis for multiple persons. I am plotting from auto-filtered data and using MS Excel 2003 (11.8033.8028). ...

Formula to Extract value on 3 column based on two conditions
I have an xml map on a spreadsheet. There are three columns. I'd like to find a formula that does the following. 1 A 5 1 B 7 1 C 1 D 3 2 E 6 2 F 8 2 G 2 H 0 Saying that these three columns are my columns on my spreadsheet. I am currently able to use vlookup on column B to get to the number on column C however I also want to add a condition that the value on Column B has to be within a range in Column A. Help appreciated. -- wayliff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wayliff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...

Checkbox column #2
Hi, How do I create a checkbox column to contain boolean values ? Regards Bo "Bo Rasmussen" <krogenlund@hotmail.com> wrote in news:OtsOMgl6DHA.3648 @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > How do I create a checkbox column to contain boolean values ? > Excel doesn't support this directly. To get a checkbox you need to use VBA Forms or OLE controls, create a bunch of checkboxes, then link them to the cells. Check out View/Toolbars/Forms and View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox. Could you describe in more detail what you're looking for? -- My email address has an extra @ (s...

where to enable BCC fields
I have Outlook 2002 installed on 2 different computers. Both are using word as the email editor. Computer A has To, CC and BCC fields but computer B only has To and CC. I can't find a menu option or preference window that will let me unhide the bcc field. Thanks, Rob Actually I was mistaken, computer B doesn't have word as the email editor but when I tried enabling it, it says "ms word is busy or cannot be found" I recently reformatted this computer so it's a clean install of office. Using Word, you need to go to the Options button on the toolbar to = enable ...

AccountBase Fields
Hi All, This may sound like a stupidest question but I cannot find fields like address1_line1, address1_line2 etc...in the AccountBase table. They are there in the account schema as they show up under the Schema Manager in the CRM Deployment Manager. But when I view the design of the AccountBase table using Enterprise Manager they dont show up. What I am missing? Thanks, Prasad All address in MSCRM are stored in the CustomerAddressBase table, those that show up on the main account or Contact Screens have an AddressNumber = 1 in that table. Brett "Prasad" wrote: > Hi A...

Option for fields to show up in datasheet view
Hello, Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the form. I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not know where is it now. Please help. Thanks in advance, Frank -- Frank Situmorang Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on the form, based on the fields the user wants to see. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

Using XmlValidatingReader to validate XML Schema
The XmlValidatingReader seems to have changed drastically in .Net Frameworks 1.0 SP3 and beyond with regards to validating XML files that are XML Schemas. Consider the following code: --- class ValidatingSchema { [STAThread] static void Main(string[] args) { string xmlData = @"<xs:schema mlns:xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' > <xs:element name='root' /> <xs:cement id='foo'/> </xs:schema>"; XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader(new StringReader(xmlData)); XmlValidatingReader vreader = new XmlValidatingReader(reader);...

splitting fields
I have one field that has the first and last name separated by a space. I would like to split the field into two fields one for the first name and one for the last name. The names are all different lengths. I am unable to find any command to do this. Like the reverse of concatenate. Randy, Use Data - Text to columns. Be sure there is an empty column to the right of your column -- more if there are more than one space in any of the names. -- Earl Kiosterud wwwl.smokeylake.com "Randy Patterson" <ktmrandy@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:2PbKe.3682$zr1.998@newssvr13....

Changing email recipient based on Order field
We are using CRM 3.0, Win 2003 Server and the Workflow Manager. We want to alert an internal resource to start working an order via email, upon order creation. The internal resource's email address is entered as a field in the order. Using Workflow Manager we seem to be able to either use a template, or create a custom email. Using a template does not allow us to control who the email goes to - CRM automatically decides to send the email to the account contact. Not what we want. Using a custom email, we can select from a finite number of recipients, including internal CRM users (of whi...

Adding an apostrophe to a column of numbers
Hello, I need to add an apostrophe to each cell in a long column of numbers. I do not want to format them as text or format them as custom - our system requires the apostrophe at the beginning of the cell. My question is - is there a way to format one cell with the apostrophe and then copy that apostrophe down to the other cells?? or can someone write me something that will allow me to do it quickly? I want to avoid having to go into each cell and put the apostrophe in! Thank you in advance.... One way. Change 9 to your column Sub addapostophe() mc = 9 'column I For i = ...