WCF in-code configuration more tightly coupled?

Seems to me that using in-code configuration to create the client
service requires the client to be coupled to the model (or wherever
the service contracts are located). Looks like this configuration
method isn't the best choice if you've got multiple consumer clients.
Seems to me that using 'Add Service Reference' is still preferred for
this scenario, no?
0
suedeuno

suedeuno wrote:
> Seems to me that using in-code configuration to create the client
> service requires the client to be coupled to the model (or wherever
> the service contracts are located). Looks like this configuration
> method isn't the best choice if you've got multiple consumer clients.
> Seems to me that using 'Add Service Reference' is still preferred for
> this scenario, no?

You can have multiple IService.cs(s), Service.svc(s) and
Service.svc.cs(s) in one WCF service in a Service Reference. It would be
implemented in the wcfservice.config as multiple endpoints.
0
Mr
11/18/2009 6:47:47 PM
On Nov 18, 12:47=A0pm, "Mr. Arnold" <Arn...@Arnold.com> wrote:
> You can have multiple IService.cs(s), Service.svc(s) and
> Service.svc.cs(s) in one WCF service in a Service Reference. It would be
> implemented in the wcfservice.config as multiple endpoints.

Right, but my point was if I'm configuring my proxy in the code of the
client (using ChannelFactory<IServiceContract>) that means that I need
to reference whatever assembly the service contracts resides in and
any time that assembly gets updated I have to update my assembly
reference in the client(s). All of the sudden the client, instead of a
service reference, now has a assembly reference to the service
classes. May as well cut out the wcf service all together and just
reference assemblies it would seem at that point.
0
suedeuno

can add multiple analysis code in a single FRx Row format
Currently we can add several analysis code in FRx Row format by using several rows (each row will contain only 1 analysis code - limitation of FRx with MDA). The client has many analysis codes in each analysis group. What they need is to add some of the analysis code in a single row; separating it into several rows will add more work in designing the FRx report. There should be a way for next releases of FRx to handle adding mulitple analysis codes in a single row or column of the report. ...

duplicate code
i have this code If IsNull(DLookup("Total_trns_volume", "Q_trnsf_in")) = False Then sslt_trnsfin = DLookup("Total_trns_volume", "Q_trnsf_in") slt_trnsfin = sslt_trnsfin Else slt_trnsfin = 0 End If in case the query result were null then the code will give error, so i did the above code to stop this error, but what i face is time consuming by running the query twice , first for check then to obtain the result. any help to eliminate this ? Thanks -- *new access developer* Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com slt_trnsfin = N...

Difference between Ajax Enabled WCF service and regular WCF?
I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax Enabled WCF service and regular WCF? You're adding, and don't have an interface class. When do you want to use each one? What do the following lines give you below, vs a regular WCF service? [ServiceContract(Namespace = "")] [AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode = AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)] Cindy Lee wrote: > I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax > Enabled WCF service and regular WCF? It just means that you c...

Pay Codes
I have created pay codes for car allowance and clothing allowance with the following parameters for both: pay type = other, pay rate = 0.00, pay period = biweekly. I have assigned employees to these respective pay codes. But when I execute a payroll the pay codes aren't included. Do I need to create a recurring batch to include these pay does? Thanks RC First, make sure at the employee/pay code level the pay rate is not equal to $0. Second, make sure the option for Transaction Required is not marked. Third, make sure the pay frequency is selected on the Build Checks window. ...

Word merge code
I have been using this code for a while with Office 2000. I recently moved to Office 2003 and when you click on "OK Merge to Word" MS Word does open up but with a blank document. In other word the merge failed. Does anyone know what changes need to be made for Ofiice 2003 and this code. Thanks Hi Eric I have just looked at Alberts RunWord module and if it opens word ok then it would seem (I may be wrong) that the problem is not with the code. Have you you moved the location of the word docs ? It is prob the onclick action (or other event) you are using. Try this - ...

error with code
Hi, I have a code but I get an error because of another piece of code I have in the workbook, here is the code I am using just now: Sub ApplyStock() Dim strPrompt As String Dim intbuttons As Integer Dim strTitle As String strPrompt = "WARNING!! This action will reset all stock cards and apply new stock numbers" & vbNewLine & "" & vbNewLine & "The screen will flicker for a period" & vbNewLine & "" & vbNewLine & "This action cannot be undone are you sure you want to continue?" ...

Drive array configuration
Ok, I am a new IT manager at my company, and the old IT manager (who moved into a different position in the company) is still well-respected. I emailed that I want to take an 14 disk drive array of 18G drives that is not being used and add it to our second Exchange 2003 server to be used as storage space for Exchange. Our current primary Exchange server is one of our domain controllers (something the old IT manager setup). I have not gotten too far with the configuration yet, so he "offered" his advice and said that setting up the array in a RAID-5 configuration is bad. With that...

A Named cell to be in a formula for a code
Hi! I have a named cell -> combo_chk (cell J3) This combo_chk changes because of FOR..NEXT from code but the style i always like this : 4,5,12,40,45 I have 5 columns with values in the rows A B C D E 1 12 40 41 45 5 6 10 11 40 I want to find if the 1 on column A is including in the combo_chk then if the 12 on column B is including in the combo_chk e.t.c. If it is found return '1' otherwise return '0'. So for the above example i would get for the first row -> 0 1 1 0 1 for the second row -> 1 0 0 0 1 because the values from the column B,C and E are incl...

VBA code to pause before printing
I have a workbook containing several sheets. In one of them there's a list of organizational units. I've written a macro that grabs selected unit identifiers from the sheet "F Units", copies them one by one to a cell called Filter, and prints sheets with diagrams and statistics for each of the units. The procedure sometimes partly fails, as the filter isn't applied to the statistics sheet. I guess this happens because the sheets are printed before Excel finishes recalculating. If this is true, I believe I can prevent the error by adding a "Wait" command,...

VBA code needed
i am trying to retrieve a range of data (the stock code of different phones) from worksheet("Inventory") based on the name of the branches of where the phones are stored. worksheet("Inventory") has branch (Column A) and stock code (Column B) i have 2 combobox. combobox1 contains values (name of branches) such as: 1-BS 2-EN 3-HG 4-JE 5-SP 6-TB 7-WS 8-YT combobox2 will have to retrieve values from the worksheet("Inventory") based on the value in combobox1. the values in combobox1 can be found in column 1 while the values i need for combobox...

MessageSecurityException problem in WCF
Hi, I am writing WCF based application on vs2k8. I wrote Service with name "IService" and expose given operation, [OperationContract] public Result ActionPerform(string function_name, ABase obj) { // FOR TESTING IResult res = null; res = new IResult(ResultStatus.EXCEPTION, new TestException(RelectionLibExceptionCode.CLASS_EXCEPTION, new NotImplementedException())); return res; } 1. ABase is abstract class for all client classes. 2. "function_name" will contain function name that will call by ref...

excel vba code
what it this means?what is ScrollWorkbookTabs? Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst End Sub thanks Hi Jaypee, The ScrollWorkbookTabs Method scrolls the tabs display in the same way that the video type buttons to the left of the tabs do. The method does not change the sheet selection and its effect will not be apparent unless the number of sheets is greater than the tab display. --- Regards, Norman "jaypee" <jaypee2cool@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eSlzFGVIGHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > what it this means?what is...

Office 97 Code Edited in 2000 Will Not Run #2
Ok, well I've change the line to read Sheet2.Range("A37:L50").Borders.LineStyle = xlLineStyleNone and it has had no effect. Anymore ideas except drinking coffee :eek -- Craig Phillip ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Craig Phillips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1554 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27112 Your post is separated from the original thread--so it's difficult to know what the problem is. Craig Phillips wrote: > > Ok, well I've ...

WCF in-code configuration more tightly coupled?
Seems to me that using in-code configuration to create the client service requires the client to be coupled to the model (or wherever the service contracts are located). Looks like this configuration method isn't the best choice if you've got multiple consumer clients. Seems to me that using 'Add Service Reference' is still preferred for this scenario, no? suedeuno wrote: > Seems to me that using in-code configuration to create the client > service requires the client to be coupled to the model (or wherever > the service contracts are located). Looks like thi...

Color Codes: Different color with same color Index
Can Anyone shine a light on this: I have a worksheet and did this: activecell.Interior.ColorIndex =40 The cell became salmon orange as I would expect it. I received another version of the same spreadsheet saved by a colleague. All the cells that are salmon-orange in my sheet turn out to be grey in his sheet. When I select a grey cell and run: ?activecell.Interior.ColorIndex again 40 is returned. Even if I once more run activecell.Interior.ColorIndex =40 the cell stays grey. So, I have two sheets, both with cells that have an interior.colorindex of 40 but they show different...

Need code help for controls
Sorry if I don't know what I'm talking about. I saved an spreadsheet as a single file web page and want viewers to be able to use command buttons in the browser to sort the data several ways. I tried using command buttons from the "forms" toolbar with a macro but it doesn't function in the browser (ie6). Then I discovered the "Control" toolbar, but I don't know how to write code to do what I want. Am I looking in the right direction? Thanks for any help. ...

WCF Performance Issue
Jan 8, 2009 Happy new year. (Using VB Net 2008, SQL 2008) I have built a winform application that uses WCF. Now I am sending a query that retruns a DataSet from the WCF. I have seen that the performance is not good if the DataSet is large. Request Advise on: 1. What is the best and fastest way to retrieve data through WCF. 2. Is there a way to compact a DataSet for transfer, if a DataSet is used. 3. I am using basicHttpBinding. I have seen reference of NetTCPBinding in internet indicating that it uses binary instead of text transfers. If yes, can someone please point me...

Recommended volume configuration for best Exchange performance
I have a server with a split backplane with 3 disks on the first channel and 5 disks on the second channel - i only intend to have one storage group so one set of transaction logs. I intend to go with the following:- channel 1:- 1 x raid 1 volume for operating system and pagefile 1 x dedicated hotspare channel 2:- 1 x raid 1 volume for exchange transaction logs 1 x raid 1 volume for exchange databases 1 x global hotspare is this the best config? can anyone else suggest a better setup? the only thing i was thinking that could be different is on channel 2:- 1 x raid 0+1 for both exc...

combobox codes
what code do i have to put in the listfillrange to bring up data from from another workbook ...

Excel Code
I am trying to put together a spread sheet that will allow me to type a specific letter and a 9 digit code will appear once I enter the letter. One way would be to use a table col a col b a 123456789 b 23456789 and use VLOOKUP formulas -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "A. Mart" <A. Mart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BDD4E06-E481-4456-958D-DD1C8B311570@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put together a spread sheet that will allow me to type a > specific letter and a 9 digit c...

wcf failing recompile in prod after iisreset
I have been using WCF for a while now of late we have strange issue with our App in PROd. it sprodaically throwing the below error message as and when we reset the iis. but works fine if we delete Framework \v2.*\asp.net tempfolder\abcd folder. is this due to any permission issue how do i debug this more ? Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult/25773083 Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/ABCD/Myservice.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message ...

Is there somewhere to find the html code for my email?
I created an email using publisher and I would like to find the html code. Is there a way to do this? I am having problems sending this email to my group and would like the code to use in another email program - can anyone help - please!!! basic enough - just want to get the code and be able to copy it... can anyone help with that - I am really slow at this - I need help like yesterday! "ajkawinkelman" wrote: > I created an email using publisher and I would like to find the html code. > Is there a way to do this? I am having problems sending this email to my >...

Direct Deposit should let me change the code.
The service class code cannot be changed in the ACH file. It defaults to 200 which is a mixed batch of debits and credits. Only credits can be created in direct deposit (we cannot take money out of the employee's accounts) so the code should be 220. The setup should include a way to change the field if the bank requests it. ...

Suspend old code while new code is running
I have the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Range("AD10,AD14"), Target) Is Nothing Then Module14.CCFCLC_Shan ' Shows a userform End If End Sub I now need to write a new code to copy formats into Range("AD10,AD14"). I want to suspend the above code while this new code is running so the userform doesn't "show"?? -- Thanks Shawn application.enableevents = false 'your code application.enableevents = true Excel won't fire any even...

Outline codes 01-08-10
I need to create an outline code that ollows the format A.1.a. It would be useful but not necessary if I use it for the index as well. At present I have a form that accepts entries and numbers them correctly in the format 1.1.1. Any suggestions on how I can reformat those numbers for presentation on a report? This is an app that helps construct an IMP or integrated master plan, which is a precursor to an IMS which will be created in MS project. I haven't taken on this task before, but I think it may be very close to a Bill of Materials structure. Have you looked into ...