Visual Web Developer 2010 Express - connect to MySQL

Hi,
I cannot find VWD newsgroup so I post the message here.

Just downloaded VWD 2010, would like to know the steps to connect to MySQL
5.
I have downloaded MySQL ODBC driver and added into System -> DSN already.

0
Alan

Alan T wrote:
> Hi,
> I cannot find VWD newsgroup so I post the message here.
>
> Just downloaded VWD 2010, would like to know the steps to connect to MySQL
> 5.
> I have downloaded MySQL ODBC driver and added into System -> DSN already.

<http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=connecting+to+mysql+using+odbc+ado.net&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=connecting+to+mysql+using+odbc+ado.net&gs_rfai=CpwWrC8MYTNLfKYK_tge8lqCwCgAAAKoEBU_QVG0K&fp=f11974faf5e3db50>
0
Mr
6/16/2010 12:28:04 PM
On 16-06-2010 01:47, Alan T wrote:
> I cannot find VWD newsgroup so I post the message here.
>
> Just downloaded VWD 2010, would like to know the steps to connect to MySQL
> 5.
> I have downloaded MySQL ODBC driver and added into System ->  DSN already.

Don't use the ODBC driver.

Use the MySQL connector for .NET.

You connect to MySQL similar to how you connect to any database
using ADO.NET.

Arne

PS: Also be sure to read the license for MySQL ODBC driver
     and ADO.NET provider !
0
ISO
6/17/2010 3:09:25 AM
> Don't use the ODBC driver.
>
> Use the MySQL connector for .NET.
>
> You connect to MySQL similar to how you connect to any database
> using ADO.NET.

Hi,

I just created the MySQL connection from Database explorer for MySQL.
Sorry if this is too elementary:
I want to display the field values of a table into a dropdown list, eg. name
of employee for selection,
what steps I need to do? This will be done in asp.net (VWD 2010 Express
edition)

0
Man
6/30/2010 11:20:31 AM
On 30-06-2010 07:20, Man T wrote:
>> Don't use the ODBC driver.
>>
>> Use the MySQL connector for .NET.
>>
>> You connect to MySQL similar to how you connect to any database
>> using ADO.NET.

> I just created the MySQL connection from Database explorer for MySQL.
> Sorry if this is too elementary:
> I want to display the field values of a table into a dropdown list, eg. name
> of employee for selection,
> what steps I need to do? This will be done in asp.net (VWD 2010 Express
> edition)

More or less like for any other database.

The main difference being that database specific classname will
start with MySql and not Sql or SqlCe or Oracle or ....

Arne

0
ISO

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

Regular expressions in Excel
Hello all, I would like to know if it is possible to handle regular expressions in Excel, in VB or in formulas. I would like to do things such as "if cells(x,y)=<regexp> then ..." Is that possible ? Thanks in advance. You can use Regular Expressions if you use VBScript.RegExp, creating a function that you can use. Here is an example that validates email addresses. '----------------------------------------------------------------- Public Function ValidEmail(Adress As String) As Boolean '----------------------------------------------------------------- Dim oRegEx...

Publisher Web Site
When I type my web site into the www it comes up at the left hand side of the screen. How do I get it to come up in the centre of the screen Thank Richard richard@murrays-holdings.com "Richard Murray" <RichardMurray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C68328-6CDF-416C-BB35-7CBBBB52B8B4@microsoft.com... > When I type my web site into the www it comes up at the left hand side of > the > screen. How do I get it to come up in the centre of the screen Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. I su...

NET Client calling Axis web service
I have a Net 2.0 client (C# Winform) calling an Axis web service. I can authenticate, and send a request that is accepted and responded to, but I cannot see the response. The return for the call to the webservice is an object. Looking at the SOAP message that comes in, I can see the response. However when I assign the response to instance of the object, the result is null. Example: 1. WorkRequestServiceImplService myRequest = new WorkRequestServiceImplService(); 2. WorkRequestTO workRequest = new WorkRequestTO(); 3. WorkRequestStatusTO workRequestStatus = new WorkRequestStatusTO(); ...

after succesful installation, now outlook 2010 beta will shotdown
outlook was working fine, i was working on contact folder, and then it closed with an error, and since then, when outlook starts imeediately dims down and wont start ( closes down) how can you fix ? thanks for your help What was the error and what has been logged to the Event Viewer? Does it still load in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) For additional solutions to startup issues see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outloo...

autocad electrical 2010 autodesk full download crack torrent ,KlQ@#vACX
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = yshowsoft@gmail.com email = yshowsoft at gmail.com NEW UPDATES 2010 Artpro 9.5r4 with license (minimal of 2 license) Oris Press Matcher fiery impose Fiery Color Profiler 2 Preps 6.0r3 Dynagram Dynastrip v6.0.1 Dynagram inpO2 Artpro 9.0r8 (all modules included) Esko Visualizer 7.5.5 Esko Softwares Suite V7.5 PC/Mac Trueflow SE6.0.1 with SPM fully crack Heidelberg SignaStation v4.5.10.91...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

Copying 1500 email addresses from excel into outlook express
Hi guys, I've got a column of 1500 email addresses in an excel spreadsheet and I need to put these into outlook, so that I can group them and send an email to each person, it is feedback for a music competition they all entered and I need to get them out ASAP, and there's a lot of other work I need to get done. Someone mentioned a .csv file, but I don't know how to import that into outlook... not sure how to create it yet either, I'll need to read up on the help files. But if anyone has any idea of how I should go about this, it would be greatly appreciated.... if you need a...

adding web browser tab
Hi All, I am using windows xp home sr3 and office 2003. I would like to know how to add the web browser tab to my menu bar in outlook 2003? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. -- Regards, Gary Metzler send to: gmtravel@bellsouth.net http://www.outtasighttravel.com Msn messenger: gmetzler1150@hotmail.com Skype name: garymetz Gary Metzler wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using windows xp home sr3 and office 2003. I would like to know how to > add the web browser tab to my menu bar in outlook 2003? Any help would be > most appreciated. Th...

Web Query File Reference
Is there a Web Query File (.IQY) Format Reference anywhere? Thanks, - Vlad ...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

Problem with Microsoft Dynamics Business Portal in sharepoint Web
I have installed sharepoint by my username which is not sytem administrator user name.then we installed Microsoft dynamics business portal GP by my username .The installation did not work. then we reinstalled Business Portal by system administrator user name also it did not work.Does any one Knows how to fix this problem without formatting the server and without reistall sharepoint by system administrator user name? ...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

web search
I would like to create a simple macro that will go to several/many web sites and search for some given text. If found, I would like to save the text of that web page, or just the URL to that page. Here is an example: Given a URL, like http://www.scooby.com/monthtext.cfm?id=2154, I would like to input 2 numbers, say 2154 and 2231, and also say, 3 strings of text, like "timely" "fat" "house". So the macro will go to each URL, http://www.scooby.com/monthtext.cfm?id=2154, http://www.scooby.com/monthtext.cfm?id=2155, http://www.scooby.com/monthtext.cfm?id=2156, e...

import/expot on outlook express 6
Have one computer with win98 and one with xphome. Both have outlook express 6. trying to tranfer messages from onr unit to the other but the import/expot functions will not work... Please advise on the procedures? Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&N...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

MS Project Web Access Workspace
We are using MS Project Web Access with Project 2007. Each project creates its own Workspace in MOSS2007. - How do I filter the Workspaces in PWA to show only those projects that are currently being worked on (AKA % Complete less than 100%)? - How do I find those projects that I would be filtering out (AKA Completed Projects) to go back and see their workspaces? - Lastly How can I easily move documents, discussions, etc from one Workspace to another? Thanks GregDC This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0065_01CA66DD.94B7A7B0 Content-Typ...

change the French to English from outlook express
I have Microsoft XP Professional, but the outlook was French. Is any one can tell me how to change it to English? I'm the computer dummer. Amy On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:18:05 -0700, amyhsuca@yahoo.ca wrote: > I have Microsoft XP Professional, but the outlook was French. > Is any one can tell me how to change it to English? I'm the computer dummer. > Amy You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would sugge...

no sound when i publish web page
when i publish my web page the background sound does not play, but when i previewed page the sound played how do i fix this? Did you upload the sound file to the server? -- Don Vancouver, USA "mariah" <mariah @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4B628A7-1E0B-4FC5-B8EF-69EDD7F8CC66@microsoft.com... > when i publish my web page the background sound does not play, but when i > previewed page the sound played how do i fix this? yes sound file was uploaded. web site is : http://noisyrivercigarlounge.com/ when i view source it is there but shows as ht...

2010: Linking from Business Contact Manager is failing
If i make a link from projects or project tasks in BCM 2010 to OneNote 2010 and then open it in OneNote, there will come a normal Outlook task form and not the original project or project task form. Same issue with BCM 2007 and OneNote 2007. After SP2 linking with project tasks is working fine, but linking with projects is still not working. Please fix it!! ...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Expression in reports with regards to columns
Hi There I am creating an report in access and am having difficulty in summing an expression in a column. As my report is in columns when I created an expression it sums the entire row for the fees instead on the entire column. The below is what I would want the result to be. e.g. March June Aug Transaction 10 12 14 Safekeeping 15 10 2 Total 25 22 16 Could anyone perhaps assist me with this. Thanx Cath Can you ...

outlook web access #11
I can not reply to an e-mail in outlook web access . The area used for the reply is gray-ed out.The curser will not open the boxfor reply. You should probably post this question in one of the microsoft.public.exchange.clients newsgroups. Outlook Web Access is a web application which is totally different from Microsoft Outlook. Be sure to specify which version of Exchange, what OS the server is running and what version of IIS you're using as well. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Compu...

Problem using Microsoft Web Browser control
I am trying to access the Custom properties of a Web Browser ActiveX control on a form and I keep getting a message telling me that "The Operation on the Microsoft Web Browser object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." I searched TechNet and MSDN and could not resolve this. I reinstalled Access 2003 (I have 2003 and 2007 installed on my workstation, XP Pro) and still no resolution. Has anyone else seen this and if so, can you tell me how to resolve this? Jim Does anyone know the name of the file the message...