Using Dispatcher.BeginInvoke with current foreach member

 I tried code below but assertion fails since col value has changed .

How to fix this code so that BeginInvoke is called with definition time col
value in for loop ?

Andrus.

partial class MyUserControl : UserControl

public CreateFields() {

foreach (FormField col in  MyFields )  {
    if (col.Andmeklass == "Kiirvalik")
      {
        Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(() =>
        {
           Debug.Assert(col.Andmeklass == "Kiirvalik");
           col.LoadPickListToCacheAsync();
         });
       }
  }

 }

}

0
Andrus

Andrus wrote:
> I tried code below but assertion fails since col value has changed .
>
> How to fix this code so that BeginInvoke is called with definition time
> col value in for loop ?  [...]

The "col" variable in your loop exists outside the scope of the loop
block, and thus for the purposes of capturing in your anonymous method
is instantiated only once.  Each anonymous method delegate dispatched by
BeginInvoke() is using the same variable.  Thus, its value may change
before the delegate can be invoked.

You've got two options:

     -- Use Dispatcher.Invoke() instead, so that the anonymous method's
execution is guaranteed to complete before the loop variable changes

     -- Declare a new variable inside the loop, assigned to the value of
the loop variable, and then use that new variable in your anonymous
method instead of the loop variable

Personally, I would prefer the former approach.  Only if there's some
absolute necessity in allowing the anonymous method to be dispatched
asynchronously would I introduce a new variable to the loop.

Pete
0
Peter

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...

How do I used the outlook?
I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user name. What should I do? Version of Outlook? Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile and make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people its POP3, but could be IMAP. If you need more assistance with this we need to know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:daily...

Chart using Macro
I have several sheets having similar data for different lanes. I have a macro which can create a graph I want with different series plotted in different forms for source data on a particular sheet. I want to be able to create a graph for the active sheet. How do I use ActiveSheet data as source data for the gaph. ...

use the @ sign
i have one cell a1 that has this in it Tuesday, November 06, 2007 ii the next b1 i would like to put @7:30pm but i keep getting error @ is the way Lotus indicated a function. You can enter @SUM(A10:A100) in a cell and XL will convert it to =SUM(A10:A100) To start your cell with @, prefix it with an apostrophe - the apostrophe indicates Text, and won't be displayed. In article <88862DC0-DDEB-4245-B2BD-D2102B577B49@microsoft.com>, joen <joen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have one cell a1 that has this in it > Tuesday, November 06, 2007 > ii the...

Use Vista to restore windows mail from backup
I use Vista 32bit backup to backup my computer. Vista 32 bit backup is not a disk image backup. I will be reinstalling everything on my computer. I use Vista Windows Mail that came with my computer for my email. How do I use Vista restore from my latest backup to restore my emails and contacts and email accounts POP/SMTP settings? I assume Vista 32 bit backup backs this up. Vista help does not specifically address this. Thank You for your Help. Bob Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I...

Display in same cell lbs(kgs) using formula to auto-convert lbs
I would like to have a cell show #lbs(#kgs) in that format. But have the kgs measurement autoconvert from the entered lbs number. So the formula would look something like this Xlbs(Ykgs=X*0.454). I would also similarily like to have a #in(#cm) cell setup but I am guessing it would resemble the prescribed solution formula and only differ in the multipied conversion number. Thanks. Do you want the input and display in the same cell? You won't be able to do that without VBA. But if you input a number in A1, e.g. 25 you can make B1 display 25lbs(11.35kgs) with a formula like =A1&&...

Which to use and how to use it
I want to modify a Word document by adding a field from which users can select 1 item from a list of given alternatives. I have tried messing around with list and combo boxes but just cannot get them to do what I want. I use a combobox but cannot populate any selections. I use a listbox but cannot add any text. I do not know much about VBA (I assume this is VBA) so am asking questions for all sorts of things and hopefully the answer will be forthcoming. Thanks "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8268F02F-A644-4862-8479-358B646F...