Transparent form with hourglass?

I want to have a maximized form that is transparent.  In the
center is a label with some text.  I could not figure out how
to have a waitcursor displayed on the form.

Does anyone know how to do that with a transparent form?

As an alternative, I tried setting the opacity to something low
like 5%.  The waitcursor worked but I could not see the label
text in the middle of the form.  Thanks for any help you can
provide.
0
Burma

Search Form
I am in the process of developing new front end program for SQL database to replace MS Access front end. I have been unable to convert the following lines of VBA to C# to find a record in the workorder dataset from a seperate form based on query presented in datagridview. I open the workorder form, then click on search form, then double click the line in datagridview to focus back on workorder to the selected record by workorderID. If IsNull(Forms![Search SO Open]![List0]) Then MsgBox ("You did not select a record to search for") Else DoCmd.SelectObject acF...

Access 2007, Forms bugs
Hi, I have just migrated over to Access 2007 and am getting the following error message when I close the database. "Microsoft Office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The info from the error report is code 0x0000000000000000 Flag 0x00000000c0a Has anyone else encountered this problem. Thanks, J ...

How can I open a PDF document from an Access database form
I have several documents stored as PDF documents. I wish to open a PDF document by clicking a button in an Access form. Please help. You can use the FollowHyperLink, it will open any file with the program assocuated with it in windows Application.FollowHyperLink "File Path and name" e.g Application.FollowHyperLink "c:\Filename.pdf" "Wayne Viles" <WayneViles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4FBA0B7-13E1-4384-8407-55A3492ED2C6@microsoft.com... > I have several documents stored as PDF documents. I wish to open a PDF > document ...

Form Design
Hi Folks - I am designing a form to enter data with the following relationships: The main form is legal case data such as name, address, DOB, etc. For each case, there can be multiple charges, and for each charge there can be multiple victims. What's the best technique to display this related data on a form? Tabs? "Popup" forms? Can you create a victim form on its own tab of the main form? Thanks for any ideas? Michael Start with the design of the tables, not the forms. There should be a Case table, as you mentioned, then a charges table with a foreign key to the ca...

Drop-down list on simple excel 2003 form using "form" from data me
I have 2 sheets, one with a list of company names for a drop down list The second sheet has several columns, the first of which is the company name In the fields under the company name column, I set up data validation and set it to look up from the first sheet (I named the list first) "CompanyList" The drop down list works fine if entering from the worksheet itself. But if I choose "form" from the "Data" menu, the basic form comes up with all the fields, but there is no drop down for the company field I don't want to create a combo box or use VB...

how to create a shortcut for a form?
Hi, Let me know how to create a short cut for a form. In Advanced sceurity, I found the form which was integrated with GP after placing chunk code in GP directory. I donno how to open the form prepared by me. I saw the form prepared by me in both Security and Advanced Security. I was suggested to create a short cut for that form .Let me know the next consequent steps to complete. Thanx in advance, Kiran. By form I'm assuming you are referring to a modified GP window and not a printed form. On the Navigation Pane click Add then click Other Window. Expand the tree vie...

Transparent bitmap in dialog box
Hi! I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resource editor to specify the bitmap. How can I make the bitmap transparent? For example; all white areas should have the same color as the dialog window. Regards /Anders I remember seeing examples on how to do this but for the life of me I now cannot find them! Try looking at: www.codeproject.com www.codeguru.com Larry "Anders W�hlin" <anders.wahlin@erv.ericsson.se> wrote in message news:bi2div$25b$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se... > Hi! > > I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resou...

Enter data using forms
Is there a internet link of an example of a macro for entering multiple rows data when pressing a save/new button once? Thanks. If there is, I bet it would be difficult to find. But if you want a workbook that starts off with certain data already in it, you may want to consider creating a template -- and saving it into your template folder. Then when you do file|new, you can point at that template and you'll have that predefined data already there. As for the save, you could use a worksheet event that adds your data. If you give more information, I'm sure someone will jump in ...

Hide subforms control from main forms control
I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code. Please help. Ciao New_Access wrote: > I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform > if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code. > Please help. Private sub form_current() if youControlName => "1" then forms!NameForm!SubForm.form.YouControlName.visible = false end if end sub -- Ciao Geppo geppo, why does access think my FormName is a fieldname. "geppo" <ccc@tin.it.inva...

Multiple conditions on combo box to show different forms
I have a form with a tab subform. I have the below code in the "on current" of main form, "after update" of combobox on main form, & "on click" of the tab where the subform resides. I'm fairly new to coding. I got the working code from reading the discussion groups. How would I add an "is null" argument to this code? Is the "on click" code necessary or am I doing too much? I want the subform to be blank if the combo box is empty/null (the combo box does have a default value). Select Case Me.Type Case "...

Linking forms and reports.
I am trying to find the easiest method to write code which would allow me to open a report from a form linking up to five fields. For example: I have a form linked to a table that contains hundreds of jobs (tblJobs). In the form I want to be able to click a command button and pull up a report on the potential clients (tblClients) who fit the matching criteria in the current form. The criteria fields may be City, Job Category, Age Requirement, etc. Any thoughts? -- Rose The most flexible way is to use the WhereCondition of OpenReport, so you can use any combination of c...

View / update data on a Continous form
Good Morning! I have a table that contains Goal numbers for our agents. I want the operator to be able to open this form and see all agents on the table (only about 12 or so) and what all their numbers are as they are stored and be able to update them to a new monthly goal. I have not been able to get the data to display let alone to be updated. Can I do this? This is the first time I have tried to use Continous Forms. Thank you in advance for your assistance! The only reasons data doesn't display using default Access forms is: 1. There is no connected recordsource (op...

drawing anywhere onscreen by using transparent window?
Hi, I am looking for an example of how to create a transparent window that I can position anywhere on the screen and draw to it using the GDI. So basically it would look like I am drawing on the screen over top of everything, but really I am just drawing to my transparent window. Anyone know how to do this and/or know where there is an example of how to do this? Thanks, gman you can make window with WS_POPUP style or use as a parent HWND_DESKTOP. Then override its OnEraseBkgnd and return TRUE - this should stop CWnd from filling background with white color. All drawing do in OnPai...

Tax Details on SOP Forms
I use the function "rw_GetDocTaxRngAmt" in order to get the tax detail amounts to print on the bottom of the forms. This works great, however, if the invoice/order is not in functional currency, all the other fields print in originating except for this field, so the amounts do not add up to the total. I can't use the "Options" forms because it's not possible to modify how the text appears and where it appears on the form. Can this not print originating amounts? ...

Entering Info in Form Fields
Good day! I have developed a form with drop down menus in some places and free form fields in others. However, there are a few places where having a combination of the two would help. For instance, I'd like to give the user a choice of either using the selections in the drop down menu OR enter their own response free form in the field. How can this be done? Thank you. -- S. Ross Using legacy formfields (Word2003 and ealier) you can. You could use ContentControls in Word2007 or a UserForm in any Word version (see: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a...

Publish form to users' Personal Forms Library via script or GPO?
I've got a client who will be migrating from internally hosted Exchange 2000 (yes, you read that correctly) to externally hosted Exchange 2007 with OL2007 clients. They are also looking to use Sharepoint (WSS 3.0) for their shared contacts & calendar, which are currently in E2000 public folders - the hosting company isn't providing PFs. Normally this would be no big deal, but they've got a nice little custom form for their public contacts, which they want to keep. It's currently published to the PF itself on their existing E2k server. As we won't have access to ...

How to select other form's Treeview item #2
Examples: I want create new project and two Button. (Button Click: Control other program's Treeview like outlook have Folders. ) When I click button1 Outlook Express folders selected item is 'Inbox'.click button2 selected 'newsgroups.borland.com' ...

transparencies are printing opaque instead of transparent
All shadows and pictures set on color transparent, transparent gradient, or a certain percentage transparent, are printing opaque instead of transparent. It shows up transparent on the file when I set it, but shows opaque in the print preview mode, and then prints opaque as well. ...

transparent object does not print out transparent
I have created a circle (with the circle tool) that has varient shading. It's orange in the center and fades out to transparent. I have a second object sitting behind my circle. While I am working on the document, the object appears as I have designed it, but whent I go to print, the object becomes solid and the transparent part becomes white, hiding the second object behind. Can anyone help me figure out how to print it out as a transparent object? Thanks! This is a known bug in Publisher 2002/2003 along with the rest of Office XP/Office 2003. Group the objects together, then ...

User Control cannot access form variables
Hi All I am using VB Net 2008. I am trying to build a large application with multiple integrated functional modules like: - Operation - Accounting etc. I have tried to work on a premise where: - there would be a small root application which will build the basic environment for the entire application and display the main menu. Variables that control basic environment would be passed on from one form to another. - each function module would be a "Windows Forms Control Library". - when an option is selected from the menu in the root program, the form would be loa...

Adding Contact information to a form
Hello - I am trying to get multiple contact entitys to display on a custom entity form. I have created a custom entity called 'Special Account information' It has a number of custom attributes that we do not wish to add directly to the account record. It is the child of the Account entity. I have made the Contact entity a referential child of 'Special Account Information' so it can have its own contacts, whether entered new or selected from the existing contacts in the system. I am working with the main application form. I am displaying all the custom attributes f...

2007 Forms
Hi - being a bit dim here I just made a simple form set it high and width to fairly small set min max buttons to both, border to thin, control box to yes but on running it fills the screen and no min max buttons. What am I missing. Allen Allen, Could it be that your forms are still set to 'tabbed' forms and you are looking for windowed forms. If that might be the case you can adjust this as follows: Office button -> access options -> current database -> check the radio button which states "overlapping windows". Close acces and start access again see if it ...

Text On Forms Becomes Blurry/Bold
Hi everyone, I have an interesting problem that I can't find a solution to. Once a form has focus for a few seconds, some of the text becomes blurry and slightly bold. There is no code on the form that would cause this to happen. I was wondering if anyone has seen a bug like this before. This only happens on some computers that use the database. I am using Office 2003. See these images: http://www.kslab.com/normal.jpg http://www.kslab.com/blurry.jpg Thanks in advance, Joshua Joshua Did you check at the Search sites? I've never heard of this happening before. Well, actua...

Image with transparent background
Is it possible to have an image on a button in MFC with a transparent background? How do I do this? Also, how are images stored in MFC applications? Are they compiled into the exe? What is the compression like? Maybe you could use this class: http://www.softechsoftware.it/cbuttonst.html Tom "Bart" <xyz@abc.com> wrote in message news:OIMef.18911$lJ.13991@newsfe5-win.ntli.net... > Is it possible to have an image on a button in MFC with a transparent > background? How do I do this? > > Also, how are images stored in MFC applications? Are they compiled into ...

Transparent CStatic on Dialog with image in background
Hi everyone! I'm developing a little program for windows mobile (think problem should be the same for Win32) in MFC and have problems displaying a dialog with an JPEG-image in the background and placing some transparent CStatic's above it. Here is what I dit: BOOL CMyDialog::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC * pDC) { BOOL bRet = CDialog::OnEraseBkgnd(pDC); // draw background image CComPtr<IImagingFactory>pFactory; HRESULT hr = pFactory.CoCreateInstance(CLSID_ImagingFactory); IImage* pImg; hr = pFactory->CreateImageFromFile(_T("\\myBackImage.jpg"), &pImg); RECT a; a.bott...