Tool to go through all .cs files and change specific calls

Hi! Is there a tool out there to go through entire code base and change all
calls to a specific component to another component ? The code base is
somewhat large and it would take me 2 weeks to do it manually.

Infinite thanks in advance,

--M

On 22-03-2010 20:21, Mike wrote:
> Hi! Is there a tool out there to go through entire code base and change all
> calls to a specific component to another component ? The code base is
> somewhat large and it would take me 2 weeks to do it manually.

IDE refactor capabilities are not sufficient?

Arne
0
UTF
3/23/2010 12:27:02 AM

>Hi! Is there a tool out there to go through entire code base and change all
>calls to a specific component to another component ? The code base is
>somewhat large and it would take me 2 weeks to do it manually.
>
>Infinite thanks in advance,
>
>--M

I have always used a tool called "resharper" which can be found here
http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/
Its a create plugin for visual studio and sure does speed up writting
code.

j1mb0jay

-----------------------------------
Posted @ http://www.dotnethelp.co.uk
0
James
3/23/2010 8:15:25 PM

>Hi! Is there a tool out there to go through entire code base and change all
>calls to a specific component to another component ? The code base is
>somewhat large and it would take me 2 weeks to do it manually.
>
>Infinite thanks in advance,
>
>--M

I have always used a tool called "resharper" which can be found here
http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/
Its a create plugin for visual studio and sure does speed up writting
code.

j1mb0jay

-----------------------------------
Posted @ http://www.dotnethelp.co.uk
0
James
3/23/2010 8:18:10 PM
The IDE refactor functions are not trustworthy for renaming, in my
experience.  I've been burned badly multiple times, so I have always
undertaken even simple renames by hand, per file.  I will check out
"resharper" though.

On Mar 23, 4:18=A0pm, James Parker <nore...@dotnethelp.co.uk> wrote:
> >Hi! Is there a tool out there to go through entire code base and change =
all
> >calls to a specific component to another component ? The code base is
> >somewhat large and it would take me 2 weeks to do it manually.
>
> >Infinite thanks in advance,
>
> >--M
>
> I have always used a tool called "resharper" which can be found herehttp:=
//www.jetbrains.com/resharper/
> Its a create plugin for visual studio and sure does speed up writting
> code.
>
> j1mb0jay
>
> -----------------------------------
> Posted @http://www.dotnethelp.co.uk

0
harborsparrow

Personal Folders file not closed properly
While operating under Win Vista Premium Home using MS Office Pro 2007's Outlook 2007, I have multiple profiles. In each, I periodically (not every time) when opening Outlook, I get the error message "Microsoft Office Outlook; A data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress." This message gradually "fades" away, but Outlook seems to take forever to display newly- downloaded message. Even though there shows to be two (2) new messages in Inbox, it may take ten minut...

Saving a report to a single HTML file
When I save my report as an HTML file A2007 creates a separate file for each page. I would like have a single HTML file containing all pages (similar to the Report View option). It doesn't matter to me whether there are page breaks or not. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, J I don't believe Access does this for reports. If you just need to list the data without report headers/footers (like a query), it can be done: http://allenbrowne.com/AppOutputHtml.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbr...

Error MSG when going offline
I have a couple users that when they try to go offline they get an error saying SQL server timed out. The only KB I find relevent is 913802 which the Rollup Patch fixed. Any Ideas? Thanks. ...

Mailbox Cleanup Tools
I would like you to try to find some tools that will allow me to apply per-mailbox and per-folder policies to our Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. For example, I'd like to be able to say: delete everything in everyone's deleted items folder older than 180 days. Also, delete everything in Joe Smith's inbox older than 90 days, but only delete things in Margre G's inbox older than 180 days. ...

changing the default for line connectors
I'm using the Flowcharting template and cannot figure out how to change the default line color to black and the connector type to straight connector. I can change individual lines once they've been made first by right clicking and changing to straight, and then to format/line/color, but once I create a new line, it automatically goes back to the square connector and blue line. I've even tried the format/line/color before putting in lines, and it still defaults back to blue. Please help! ...

Graphs in Other Files do not Update
Hi, I have a main file with graph (AP.xls) and several sub files with graphs that are linked to the main AP.xls file. The columns of the main file are in months and I often have to add new columns for a new month. I find that if I add new columns using copy => Insert copied cells (the column is inserted to the left of the column being copied), the graph within the AP.xls files is updated with the new column/month. HOWEVER, when i open the other sub files, they aren't updated. HOWEVER, if the sub files are opened together with the main AP.xls file, and I insert the new column, t...

csv file
How can I convert all the fields in CSV file to contain double quotation mark at each field? Thanks. Eric, You can use the Text Write Program at www.smokeylake.com. It has an option to put quote marks around all fields. Did you really shoot the sherriff? Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com " -00Eric Clapton" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:emBJfH13FHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How can I convert all the fields in CSV file to contain double quotation > mark at each field? Thanks. > ...

Help
I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing my server. All I want to do is be able to find out how much storage is allocated for each user and how to change it. Why is that so goddam impossible? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:50:07 -0800, Old Fart <OldFart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on >the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing >my server. All I ...

cannot find copy design folder command under file menu #2
I want to Copy the design of a folder so that all the folders have same fields in same order such as priority,attachment from,subject etc On the outlook 2003 help menu it gives following steps to copy design of folder however my problem is that under folders on file menu I cannot see click Copy Folder Design. the command is "copy floder name is given & if I use this command whole folder is copied & not the design Help menu text is as follows "On the Go menu, click Folder List. In the Folder List, click the folder you want to copy. On the File menu, point to Folder, ...

Where are the tools?
I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration Tools. I all the CD's for Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and can't seem to find the admin tools on any CD. Can anyone point me to the right location? to install the ESM, you run setup from the CD, and select to install only the ESM... "JohnD" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B68254B5-73EB-40D2-AF2F-43A8ECACE72E@microsoft.com... > I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration > Tools. I all the CD's for Win...

File Size
I have a simple spreadsheet that started out 1.5 MB....then I started adding working sheets and VLOOKUP's.,....next thing I know it comes back saying 7 MB. I went back and copied, paste special, values of the results of the VLOOKUP, but still the file size did not go down. It should since I am virtually going back to the way it was in its 1.5 MB form. How can I reduce file size? Thanks for any advice...... Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Usually the cause of file bloat is that Excel thinks the file is bigger than it really is. Do this: You know the last...

vanishing outlook folder and its files and emails
I had an Outlook 2002 folder with several files in it disappear. The folder, files and all the emails in the files vanished. When it happened, I believe I was clicking on the folder to collapse the files. I know I did not accidentally delete that folder and its files and emails because when deleting, one gets a message asking if you are sure you want to delete the folder and all its files. I did not get such a message, which would have notified me of an accidental delete. I checked all other folders, thinking I may have accidently moved the folder, but that wasn't the case e...

XSD: How far should I go?
I have a legacy data specification that I want to move into XML. My question revolves around specificity (in general) (c: Being a noob I don't know what the current wisdom is with respect to detailed specification in the XSD. Take a phone number for example. One could define a phone element with a simple specification like: <xs:element name = "phone" type=xs:string /> Of course, one could declare a simple type and limit it to say 20 chars. At the extreme, one can composite several simple types: <xs:simpleType name="TelephoneNumberType"> <xs:restr...

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

Outlook Client, go online cause uploading to not finish...
Hi, a new laptop for a new employee has an issue when the user try to go online. the uploading step never ends. on my server, I see a lot of transactions (40 to 60tx/sec) during this process. so the user can't go back online correctly. what's appends? we have uninstall and reinstall the CRM client but there is no change. thanks. Jerome. Sounds like something isn't installed in the default Windows XP install. Have you cross referenced the Installation guide. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwich...

File open password removal
Hi, our corp hired a co-op that had issues with "creative license" and password protected a few Excel files before leaving. I'm currently running "ofice key" agaist them, but so far no luck. Any other ideas on how to get around this password? Thanks! Hi, guaranteed Excel password recovery could help http://lastbit.com/excel/ to know more about Excel passwords types and how to recover read http://lastbit.com/excel-article.asp Best regards, Tim Brad <none@themoment.net> wrote in message news:<v5b5a0hkok1oa5l9mmosehj8oi1b8kf79i@4ax.com>... > Hi, our corp ...

There's no "read only" popup for files already open
I hope this is the correct place to post this message. Any help would be really appreciated. I have multiple .xls files shared on a Windows 2003 Server machine. The "this file is read only" popup doesn't appear when a user opens a file already open by another user. The user has no idea the file is already open until they try to save, and then it says "you can save this locally...." How can I make this functionality available? Thanks. -lp ...

CreateFile and directories/files with spaces in them
Hello, CreateFile appears to have problems with some directory names and file names that have spaces in them. Is there a work around for this? Thanks, Pete What are you passing to CreateFile? AliR. "a6a21487" <no_mail@no_address.non> wrote in message news:WPw1f.9455$yS6.705@clgrps12... > Hello, > > CreateFile appears to have problems with some directory names > and file names that have spaces in them. Is there a work around > for this? > > Thanks, > > Pete > AliR wrote: > What are you passing to CreateFile? > > AliR. The CreatFi...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

Backing up Outlook files
How can Outlook folders and e-mails be backed up and retrieved in case of a need to restore or to move to a new PC (in the case of replacing an existing PC)? Thank you I find the simplest way is to locate my *.pst files in My Documents and then they get backed up with everything else on my normal backup routine (changes daily, global weekly). For a one time case, or if you don't want to schedule it, just make a copy of the outlook.pst, mailbox.pst, and archive.pst (and any other .pst you want to save) and put it on another PC or on the server or wherever you want to save it. Be caref...

restore .ost file created in different exchange profile
Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from an .ost file created by a different user in a different domain name, please? OST files are linked to the mailbox/profile for which they were created. If you've got an orphaned one, you can't open it - you will need to google OST2PST (an old utility that may still be floating around) and try to run it against the file (make a backup copy first). Or see www.exchangerecovery.com - I know it works, but it's $$$. hughie wrote: > Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from > an .ost file created by a di...

Money 98 backup file
I no longer have my computer that had Money 98 on it. I saved my Money 98 backup file. My new computer does not have any version of money or quicken so I'm contemplating buying the new Money 2004. If I buy Money 2004, will I be able to EASILY restore my money 98 file into money 2004? Thank you Fred Theoretically, yes. A Money 98 backup file can be converted to the current version. I cannot, however, account for the media you've stored the file on. I would suggest downloading the trial version first from www.microsoft.com/money and see if it will convert. "Fred" <...

OWA and Change Password Option #2
I have 2 mailbox stores on the same server. All mailboxes/users on the default mailbox store are able to see the change password option via owa. Users/mailboxes that reside in the 2nd store (on the same exchange server) are unable to see the password change option. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance, Shane ...

Open File Can I allow client to select multiple files
Is there a way to have MFC allow the selection of multiple files in an open file dialog or do I have to write that myself? Thanks Tom Tom, > Is there a way to have MFC allow the selection of multiple files in an open > file dialog or do I have to write that myself? You need to use OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT flag. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cfiledialog.3a3a.cfiledialog.asp -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "Tom Groszko" <mgroszko@novagate.com> wrote in message news:O7iqDWQaDHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a ...