Task manager in C#

How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU columns
like
in windows Task Manager?

I looked into Process class but it does not have Task Maanger CPU and
process description
column properties.
Also it returns lot of duplicate process names as "svchost" .
How to explore from C# code what is really running instead of svchost
generic name ?

Andrus.

0
Andrus

Andrus wrote:
> How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU
> columns like
> in windows Task Manager?
>
> I looked into Process class but it does not have Task Maanger CPU and
> process description
> column properties.
> Also it returns lot of duplicate process names as "svchost" .

That's because there is more than one process named "svchost".  You
should see the same in Task Manager, especially if you are showing
processes for all users.

> How to explore from C# code what is really running instead of svchost
> generic name ?

I'm not aware of anything in .NET that provides that full level of
detail.  It's possible there's support in WMI, which you can access via
..NET, but I don't know for sure.  Otherwise, you will have to enumerate
the processes with the unmanaged Win32 API.

Pete
0
Peter

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Data Migration Manager for CRM 4.0
I have just successfully installed CRM 4.0 and life is good. My next mission was to install the data migration manager and attempt my first data migration from another system. I was able to get the tool installed, but immediately ran into the error: The Data Migration Manager encountered an error while setting up the temporary migration database. After reading the readme file, I deleted the UserReplicationID from the registry as it advised. I restarted the Data Migration Manager and still get the same message. Does anyone have any insight into what other factors might contribute to ...

blocking c and document access
I have a member server that a few users will be logging in to use some software that is on the machine. How/where can I block the users that are logging in from saving to the C drive. I have a d drive set up for data to be saved and I don't want the users saving their work to their profile desktop or documents folder On Jun 7, 9:30=A0am, "mw" <rmwatr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a member server that a few users will be logging in to use some > software that is on the machine. =A0How/where can I block the users that = are > logging in from sav...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

Requisition Management
I've run into a situation many times where a user creates a purchase requisition (BP 3.0) and submits to the next approver. Then I am notified that the user no longer reports to that person and that PR needs to be re-routed to their new boss. At that point, I go in Requsition Management Approval Hierarchies and place the user under their new manager. Is there anything that can be done in order for the existing PR to be routed to the new approver? I find that Req Management has very little flexibility when it comes to changes like this. As an administrator, I feel I should be a...

Integration Manager
We just upgraded from Dynamics GP 7.5 to 9 and from Integration Manager 6.5 to 6.7. In uploading a journal entry, 2 of our employees in one location are getting error messages, but when I do the same upload with the same files, the upload goes through with no problems. The error they are getting is: "Field 'Entries.Account Number' does not have a default value". The upload rejects the first two journal entries in the batch with this error and then takes the other journals with no problems. This has happened on several different journal batches. We all are accessing GP...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Manager crashes after feature pack install
I've installed the feature pack service pack and so far it looks pretty good. There's lots of good info in the purchase order module that would have required multiple reports to be viewed before. The problem we're having is that when multiple workstations are using the purchase order in manager it crashes with an error referring to temporary tables already open (TEMPORDER1). Anyone else with similar issues? This is an issue many people have reported. Microsoft is aware of the problem but as of yet, does not have any resolution in place. Thank you, Ryan Sakry...

_xlfn.IFERROR = #NAME? in Advanced Name Manager
I keep getting a "formula can't calculate" error in one of my workbooks. The only problem is every formula is calculating correctly. When using Advanced Name Manager, I'm able to see a named range that looks like _xlfn.IFERROR with a value of = #NAME? It's not visible with Excel's native name manager. A little research turned up this article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102045691033.aspx which states if you will get this error when using 2007 formulas in older version BUT, I'm using 2007. I'm at a loss on how to go about tackling this prob...

Generate C# code from Excel file (2007)
Hi all, is it possible to create an Excel formula (or something else) that, from the name of a cell (i.e "Cell Name 1"), it create me a string like: public const string Cell_Name_1 = "Cell_Name_1"; and this for every cells in the sheet, so I can obtain: public const string Cell_Name_1 = "Cell_Name_1"; public const string Cell_Name_2 = "Cell_Name_2"; public const string Cell_Name_3 = "Cell_Name_3"; ----etc------ Thanks in advance. -- Luigi Hi, in column B place the needed numbers, say B2 = 1, B3 = 2 etc. In column C place the formula...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Bag Eureka Type C-3 Pk
List Price:$2.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000FKGGR6 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000FKGGR6 When I check the shipping charges and find out it is $6.99 to ship vacuum cleaner bags that is what I expect to pay. I was shocked to see that it changed to $13.87!!!!!!!!!! when I received verification of my order. This should certainly be illegal and I will never order from this site again. * Bags are treated with Sanitized * You can't see it...feel it...or smell it, but Sanitized is there and makes all the difference in the world * B...

Tasks with reminders
Hi, I want to make a Request Task for my collegues and have a reminder pop up on their Win2000 pc�s once a week. We use Outlook 2000 Can anyone tell me how to do this? Much Obliged Michael ...

Excel 2002 Task Pane
The task pane is no longer on the view menu. I still can access usin alt+F+N. It does appear at startup. Does anyone know how to restore it to the view menu ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried view>toolbars>customize>toolbars and reset? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RP7073" <RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com... > > The task pane is no longer on the view m...

How can I import Excel Sheet(UPC Code) into Retail Management Sys.
I collect UPC codes from my venders. Most of them are Excel sheet. Is there any to import Excel sheet into Retail Management System? Yes there is an import utitily "bengoody" <bengoody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D33B9569-2D2E-4660-91F9-578A2A61589E@microsoft.com... >I collect UPC codes from my venders. Most of them are Excel sheet. Is there > any to import Excel sheet into Retail Management System? You can download the Import Utility from CustomerSource, or talk to your reseller. ...

Microsoft visual C++ library runtime
I always get that library runtime popping up saying that the application has requested the rumtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Program C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE can anyone help me get rid of this problem.. On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:48:20 -0700, "Mikk" <wonderwomen@scicable.com> wrote: >I always get that library runtime popping up saying that >the application has requested the rumtime to terminate it >in an unusual way. Program C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE can >anyone help me get rid of this problem.. Sounds to me like MSBlaster virus.............. easily g...