Sort order is different in sql server and .net - Korean collation

I have  a sql server table and in one of the unicode column i have English
text as well as Korean text. When i sort the table on that xolumn by
specifying  collation Korean_Wansung_CI_AS, the records are sorted in a
particular order. Now i read the table in my .net interface into a grid view
and try to sort it by specifying the culture "ko_KR" expecting to see the
same sort order. But the sort order is different. I am not sure if i am
missing any settings. Can someone help ?

HemaVenkatesh

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Sorting

How to sort account list?

insert control to parent at reverse order.
Hello. I see that, when insert controls to the same parent on the following way : control1.parent = commonParent control2.parent = commonParent commonParent.controls(0) ' this is coltrol1 commonParent.controls(1) ' this is control2 But, when I am doing so on design time, the order is reversed (and that what's I need). commonParent.controls(0) ' this is coltrol2 commonParent.controls(1) ' this is control1 How can I insert into the parent, the controls with reverse-order? Thanks :) Design time and runtime is not different in VB versions newer th...

Row names will not move with sort

ASP.NET C# code behind call javascript alert then execute next lin
Hello Community Using ASP.NET, C# and SQLServer code behind checks whether data is entered into textbox. If data was entered into a textbox then the next line of code executes. If data was not entered into a textbox then I want to call a javascript alert from the code behind that tells the user to enter data into the textbox then executes the next line of code in the code behind. I can use Response.Write to do that but it is not acceptable in this case because the alert must appear on the same page. How can I call a javascript alert from within m...

sorts not sorting

import- number- sort?

Switching SQL Servers
Hello, We were experiencing quite a few performance problems in the first month of our CRM build in production, so we decided to get a dedicated SQL server for CRM 3.0. I installed SQL2005 on 2K3 R2 Standard, and I don't want it to be a member server just yet, just a SQL box. Right now, CRM is being loaded into a SQL 2005 database on the same machine as CRM. How should I make the switch, from old SQL to new SQL? Best Regards, Luke Davis, MCSE: Security by member server are you saying the SQL box is not joined to your domain? ============================== John O'Donn...

Demoting a 2003 Domain Controller Hosting SQL Server
We have a 2-node Windows Server 2003 cluster, with both nodes as domain controllers and running clustered SQL Server 2003. I realise this goes against all good practice, and that is partly why I am trying to do the following. We additionally have two Windows Server 2008 R2 domain member servers, which we wish to make domain controllers. We then wish to demote the two existing WS2003 DCs. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to demote the 2003 DCs whilst they are hosting SQL Server 2003? I can stop the instance service, but I wouldn't want to uninstall SQL Serv...

Server/Cashier Banking
We need to be able to do Cashier/Server Banking (every cashier has his/her own till and it "follows" them around till their shift is over at which point the cashier AND NOT the register needs to be blind closed and the cash room needs to update their closing amounts for all the tender types and print a Z report for the cashier (not the register!) so we can hold them accountable for over/shorts and potentially other problems like to many returns etc.). Is other words we need to be able to X, Blind Close, Z, and ZZ individual cashiers opposed to registers. How can we handle thi...

Multiple SMTP Domains to 1 Exchange Server
Hello, I know it is possible to have multiple domains deliver email to 1 Exchange 2003 server, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have two domains, one.com and two.net. One.com is my original domain and internal and external dns are both one.com and everything has always worked fine. I want to add an additional domain, call it two.net. I setup the domain in the Recipient Update list in Exchange System Manager and when I ping two.net from outside my network, it resolves up to the proper external IP. However, whenver I send mail to anyone@two.net from externally, I get ...

difference between Excel 2000 and Excel XP, and Excel 2002
I would like to know what the differences are between Excel 2000 and Excel XP, and Excel 2002 Go to John Walkenbach's site www.j-wal.com Lots of info there. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Eleanor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD9A6D01-EA2F-4031-B6C6-99E2E2DD0EE3@microsoft.com... > I would like to know what the differences are between Excel 2000 and Excel XP, and Excel 2002 This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C3F6CA.F29BA860 Content-Type: multipart/alt...

Set Tab Order
Is their a way to set the tab order in an Excel spreadsheet when I have protected the sheet - so you skip over locked cells to get to only the uprotected cells? Hi in the protection dialog uncheck 'select locked cells' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:13a4701c44434$ad8773a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is their a way to set the tab order in an Excel > spreadsheet when I have protected the sheet - so you skip > over locked cells to get to only the uprotected cells? ...

sorting macro #3

Contacts on Delgate computer are different than Mine
So I have a delegate that is an Editor to my mailbox. She takes care of all my contacts. However the contacts that she has for my mailbox on her outlook do not match what is in my mailbox - contacts on my pc? How are they different? Maybe she's not seeing some that you've marked as private? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "DMobley232" <dmobley232@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3abd1c74-3744-4b88-8ae0-fc...

Looking for info/recommendations on server file undelete software
I am a Windows system admin for a city government. We have about 5,000 users, and about 120 Windows 2003 servers. I have been tasked to look into file undelete software that would allow our users to recover deleted files from network shares on some of our larger file servers. I know about the Diskkeeper Network Undelete software, and had used an older version several years ago, but since we're a government agency, we need to attempt to evaluate multiple solutions. The problem is that I'm having trouble finding any other similar software. I've done various inte...

Sorting checking register

i need an sql or .net expert !
it seems like a simple enough problem, but i need some help...... i have a table of messages (like newsgroup messages) in sql server. my application will allow people to read threads/messages and reply to messages over the net. the table has the following columns: messageId - unique primary key parent message id - if someone replies to an existing message, the parent message's id goes here. (if message has no parent then this will be 0). root message id - the id of the first message in the thread. subject - the subject of the message text - the main text of the message. basically, what...

SQL Server vs PostGress ,DB2 and Oracle
We are looking @ changing our Oracle DB with either SQL Server 2008 R2, PostGress or DB2. Does SQL SErver 2008 R2 support Pl/SQL? > Does SQL SErver 2008 R2 support Pl/SQL? No, you will need to alter the script "BillVAS" <BillVAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3712F2DC-5BFB-49AC-A041-8D7433434475@microsoft.com... > We are looking @ changing our Oracle DB with either SQL Server 2008 R2, > PostGress or DB2. > > Does SQL SErver 2008 R2 support Pl/SQL? I seriously doubt that anyone, other than Oracle, supports PL/SQL. As...

SQL Query help 11-24-09
Hi I have a table containing the following columns: Id, Date, PayDate, Text and Amount. The table contains postings for a number of persons identified by Id. To get a status of a members transaction I use the following query: SELECT Date, PayDate, Text, Amount, (SELECT SUM(Amount) AS Expr1 FROM Postings AS D1 WHERE (Date <= D0.Date) AND (Id = @MemberId)) AS Total FROM Postings AS D0 WHERE (Id = @MemberId) ORDER BY Date Which gives the following result: ...

live communications server alternatives
Hi All: I have a domain of about 100 users of which only about half are allowed Internet access. We previously ran Exchange 2000 and all 100 users had access to the Exchange IM system via Windows Messenger. However, we had to upgrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 for a larger mail store and just to stay current. As Rich pointed out to me earlier, Live Communications Server replaced the Exchange IM system that was in Exchange 2000. So, we lost the ability to do interoffice IMing. Management wants me to come up with a solution to restore this functionality. However, I've been told that ...

Unmerge so I can sort
I coy/pasted data into Excell and when I try to sort it I get "This operation requires merged sells to be identically sized". I understadn the work around in KB but how do I find which sells are merged? I wouldn't bother looking. I'd just remove all the merged cells from the range to sort. Select that range format|cells|alignment tab uncheck the merge cells box But if you wanted to search, you can do it via process of elimination. Select a range, format|cells|alignment tab. If that merge cells box is checked, then the whole selection is merged. If it's grey, t...