Printing question

This is a very general question so I might miss something here but
this is more of help direction than anything.

I need to develop a web app (may be create a silverlight client) which
reads bunch of xml and associate them appropriate XSLT and allow users
to print them.

What is the best way to go about doing it?

Thanks,
0
CSharper

CSharper wrote:
> This is a very general question so I might miss something here but
> this is more of help direction than anything.
>
> I need to develop a web app (may be create a silverlight client) which
> reads bunch of xml and associate them appropriate XSLT and allow users
> to print them.
>
> What is the best way to go about doing it?

Be more specific.  Are you simply trying to print the transformed XML?
Or do you want to interpret that XML in some way (e.g. as XHTML rendered
via a browser) and print the interpretation?

The former is easy.  The latter can be potentially very difficult,
depending on the exact requirements.

Pete
0
Peter

Power field
Hi, I am doing a mailing using Outlook 2002, Win XP HE. I have a message that says: ........ (company name)............... I manually put the company name in there (unfortunately). However it appears also in separate places later-on in the email. I would like to have it automatically update later-on in the message based on what I manually input for the 1st instance of it (as above). Is this possible and if so how??? Tx a lot. Sat Sue, Tx for your reply. I cannot actually use it with Word. I do not have a list of contacts for this particular one but have to go through an online directory and...

SerialNumberCount question
What is the SerialNumberCount column in the item table supposed to represent - the total number of available serial numbers, the total number of serial numbers regardless of status, etc...? Thank you, Kevin A serialised item can have either 1 serial number, or 2 or 3. That is what the count is. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "kskinne" wrote: > What is the SerialNumberCount column in the item table supposed to represent > - the total number of available serial numbers, the total number of serial > numbers regardl...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Project Accounting Question
I created a new project (T&M), changed its status to open from estimated. However, I am not seeing this project in the lookup window for expense entry or purchasing. What could be happening here? Have you entered Cost Categories under the BUDGET button for that project which are of types Employee Expense or Purchases. If the project doesnt have any COst Cats of the type related to the transaction you want to post, it wont show in the list. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13e501c49c86$bc84b160$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I created a new project (T&...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Importing Question!
:confused: I don't know exactly to what forum I should be posting this question so I thought I'd start here with the gurus. Situation: Background: I work in the bankrupcy department of my company. Each week there i an excel document that is updated with new accounts that have gon bankrupt. (I copy this document to another location so it doesn't ge overwritten.) On my copy of the accounts I have a color coding schem to classify each account. However, each week there are more account added and I am currently having to go threw the entire list of account again, color coding ...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Query search question
I download a list of information onto a table, and i'd like to make a search on that item. I put in "*" & [Search Item] & "*" into the item field with the wildcards just in case. This works fine. Now lets say I'm looking up cars, so in the search input box that pops run when I run the query I type in dodge and that brings backs dodge matches. If I want to look up red dodges do I put like "red" and "*" & [Search Item] & "*" or "red" &"*" & [Search Item] & "*" ? I've trie...

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Question about automating Word within vb6
Hi, I have a program for writing reports that is used by companies whose users are not very good with computers or using various other programs such as Word or Excel. To make sure that the users always saved the reports with the correct name and in the proper place, I have save and close options within the program. To keep them from inadvertently using the Word Save or Close options, I had a toolbar always on top which covered the Word options and would allow the users to save the report within the program properly and in the correct place. Since I use a .dot form if they trie...

Address book question #4
Any advice on the following would be appreciated: Using OfficeXP on the pc, if I want to use Outlook's address book from Word to add an address to a envelope I am able to see all contact address's On my laptop, trying to do the same above I am only able to see contact address's that have where the contact has an email or fax number What setting do I need to change on the laptop so that I am able to see all contact address's TIA Tom ...

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Tab control questions
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; When using a tab control: 1) Does it wrap automatically so that the tabs are more than one layer deep if additional tabs are inserted? 2) Is there a way to control when the tabs wrap to a second row or where the break will occur or is this just automatic (i.e. whenever it runs out of room)? 3) I'm sure I won't get anywhere near it, but what is the limit on the number of tabs? Thanks in advance. On Dec 17, 10:45 am, XP <X...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > > When using a tab control: > ...

Question about Name Order
Hi, I'm trying to help a friend out, but I couldn't track down anything on this: When clicking on Tools > Address Book, the names are listed first name first (John Smith). When typing in the search box, it searches on the first name. Is there any way to get this to work last name first instead? I've tried going into Tools > E-Mail Accounts, clicking "View or change existing directories or address books", and changing the properties of the address book. I have also gone to Tools > Options > Preferences and clicking "Contact Options". Neither o...

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....