pressing a button in winform application

Hiya,

I'm looking for a scripting language that can programmatically press
several buttons in my c# application. The script will be running
overnight.. is there any scripting language that will do the job?

Cheers!

    Claudi

Claudia

"Claudia Fong" <cdolphin88@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hiya,
>
> I'm looking for a scripting language that can programmatically press
> several buttons in my c# application. The script will be running
> overnight.. is there any scripting language that will do the job?

It sounds like you might be able to kludge up a test framework to do
something like that, as there are some to play with UI. It is probably an
expensive option, however.

I would consider refactoring the code and moving the actual bits that the
buttons call into another library and then slapping a console UI with
switches on top of it. You can then do something like this:

AutomatedAppThatIsUsuallyAWinForm.exe 1
AutomatedAppThatIsUsuallyAWinForm.exe 2
AutomatedAppThatIsUsuallyAWinForm.exe 4
AutomatedAppThatIsUsuallyAWinForm.exe 8

I am using binary here, as you can set up an enum of button choices and then
use a bitmask to fire off one button after another rather than having to
call the exe many times from a script.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg

Twitter: @gbworld

UI != Application

|    Think outside the box!                        |

Gregory

Can't code a css class that makes a span element the same size as a button element
I want a page where there are buttons all the same size. No problem there. But I also have a type="text" with some text in front. I'd like that combination to be the same size as the buttons. So I put them into to a scan element and applied the same css class to the scan as the buttons have. That didn't work so I modified the code a little as shown below and that does not work either. So I put together the test sample shown below and that does not produce a symetriacl layout. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks <%@ Page Title=&q...

illegal function message when send and receive button is pressed
For the past two weeks I have been getting an illegal function message every time I try to read email. I have a hotmail account attached to my main account. ...

Microsoft Press Support
Why don't Microsoft Press have any books on Publisher versions XP 2002 or 2003? Like the Inside OUT series or step by step? Hi P.K., If I recall correctly the last MS Press book on Publisher was on Publisher 2000 http://microsoft.com/mspress/books/2317.asp If there are going to be 2003 series books they may not be announced at http://mspress.microsoft.com until there is a release date set for Office 2003 products. ======== <<"disgruntaled consumer" <pkcooke2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069c01c350d1$47937960$a501280a@phx.gbl... Why don't Microsoft...

How to trap Mouse right button click on PushButton in VC++
I want to display a popup menu if the mouse is right clicked on the PushButton. In other words, how to trap right click action on Pushbutton in VC++??? "neel" <neel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCE3C043-A4FB-49D8-ADCF-EAB1EA682004@microsoft.com... >I want to display a popup menu if the mouse is right clicked on the > PushButton. In other words, how to trap right click action on Pushbutton > in > VC++??? WM_RIGHTCLICK is sent to the button, so you have to intercept messages to the button. You derive a class from CButton, and you add a co...

command button validation
I have the following code in an Access Form: It works well; however, if a user enters the form and hits the command button below (54) (without entering any info) the command triggers the Msgbox event, without checking form/table validation. Conversely, if a user enters the form and types even a keystroke, then hits the command button, Access knows to kick in the validation that I've set up and instructs the user to populate required fields. Question: how to make the code below check for form/table validation even if the user types nothing into the form? Thanks for your help ~ alex Pri...

Outlook 2000/2003 Upgrade : Toolbar buttons / Menu Options
Until recently, I have been running Office 2000 (Outlook 2000) under Windows XP Home on a laptop. I decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (Outlook 2003) via my user account which has administrator privelages. Installation went fine and I followed it up with an upgrade to SP3 (at least, I think it was SP3). I then loaded up Outlook 2003 and did mu usual task of customising the tollbars. I do this by de-selecting the Standard and Formatting toolbars (in the customise tollbars view) and then I create three new toolbars as "username"1, "username"2 and "username"3. This w...

changing the color of the buttons
Hello Everybody! Can someone tell me how to change the color of a button in a form. I am making a form and the default color of the button is grey, is there any way of changing that color? Thx, Click on the button, select a color from the pallette in the BackColor property Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Mr. V" <Mr. V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECDB52B8-B873-4747-832B-0F2F49C48CCE@microsoft.com... > Hello Everybody! > Can someone tell me how to change the color of a button in a form. I am > making a form and the default color of the button is grey, is t...

Hidden button on Taskbar
When I open multiple Excel files, I only have one document button on the Taskbar. To flip from one to another, I must click on "Window" and open the other open documents from the list at the bottom. How can I change the settings so that all of my open documents appear as buttons on the Taskbar? Word and other MS programs work as usual. Tools | Options | View Check the box for Windows in Taskbar. tj "tubroh730" wrote: > When I open multiple Excel files, I only have one document button on the > Taskbar. To flip from one to another, I must click on "Win...

Create a button that will date stamp todays date in a cell
I want to create a button that when clicked will enter todays date in the selected cell. Basically a date stamp button. I tried doing a macro but it did not work for me. I know the shortcut of ctrl+; to enter a date but I have others using the worksheet. Thanks Create a button from the Forms command bar, and assign to it the following macro: Sub TimeStamp() ActiveCell.Value = Int(Now) End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Tom Meacham" <tom@sourcefinancialmtg.com> wrote in message news:u...

Check Name button
I am trying to figure out the rundll32 command that gets executed when I click on the Check Name button to resolve a mailbox name.... Anyone??? TIA!!! ...

Handling key presses
I have tree and list views (contained in a CSplitter) in which I would like to handle keyboard input. The up, down, left and right arrow keys work for traversing the tree / list, but I want the space bar to perform an action and the tab / shift-tab to move between the views. I have added handlers for =TVN_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYDOWN to the tree view and put breakpoints in them but neither get called when I press a key from within the tree view. So how do I do this? --- Al. ...

The "Skip This Occurrence" Button
Hello everyone. Just asking for a little help. During the month of September, I entered a monthly deposit into the "scheduled bills and deposit" section of Microsoft Money 2003 scheduled for October 1, 2003. But, then, I decided to exclude that deposit for the month of October and include it in November. So, I used the "Skip This Occurrence" button. Much to my surprise, the deposit I excluded for October still showed up on the income section of the "review your current budget status" menu for the month of October. In addition, I noticed that if I kep...

Permission Error in CRM Web based Application
hello. When I click tabs in Navigation Bar on the bottom of Microsoft CRM Web User Interface (v 1.2), usually I get the following error. line: 69 char: 4 Error: Permission Denied Code: 0 URL: http://crm/bar_bottom.aspx?startPage=Home This is not stopping me from working on CRM instead i can use menu bar GoTo --> Home (or other), meybe you can help me to solve this problem, wating for replay I found another post about this problem and the answer :) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870635 "Osvaldas T" wrote: > hello. When I click tabs in Navigat...

How to make an existing application as child in MDI application #2
Hi! frnds me again i m in trouble plz if u people hv ny idia about my prob plz reply me as soon as possible, i m executing an exe by ShellExecute() function from my MDI Application and now i want , that application shud open as child for my MDI so plz reply me with regards Premanshu Sinha Simply speaking - you can't. For some applications it is possible - read about OLE and ActiveX, but this should be supported by that application. If it is not supported - you can not do it. You can also emulate running console application within your app by supplying pipes instead if stdin\stdout...

Vote Buttons
In Outlook (2000), is there a way to combine the "Yes" Vote + "Send Response Now"...One click operation. Of course the NO" Vote+ "Send Response Now"...would be adjusted also. Thank you for reading this post. Josaeph Freeman You would need to create a custom form and adjust each action's behavior on the (Actions) page. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "JosephF" <joseph@shellofficesyste...

Button press simulation
How can I simulate the button press (as if the user pressed it using mouse) ? Hi, Just send a WM_LBUTTONDOWN to the handle of that button. Regards, Elias ...

key press
Hi,what is the command the press the home button.I want that every time a text box got focus automatically the cursor goes to the first char in the box.thanks. if you always want the cursor to be at the start of the field, you may wish to change the default behaviorTools, Options, KeyboardWarm Regards,Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) *MVP AccessRemote Programming and Trainingstrive4peace2006 at yahoo.com *Lior Montia wrote:> Hi,> > what is the command the press the home button.> I want that every time a text box got focus automatically the cursor goes to > the fi...

Need a button to print 5 copies
I need to put a button on my form that, when clicked, will print out 5 copies of the current form. I know that it's not wise to print forms, but there's not much way around this. I currently have a button that prints out a single copy of the form. Here's the code behind the button: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection I just need an additional button that will print out 5 copies instead of 1, if possible. Thanks, Darrell Would you believe DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection, copies:=5 Note the colon in front ...

Can't access Contacts from TO: button
My wife upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP. When she creates a new mail and clicks the TO button, she gets an error message: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions...." When she clicks OK, the Select Names window comes up with the Show Names from the Contacts selected. There are no entries shown. If she selects the other options, (Outlook Address Book or Personal Address Book) there are no entries in either of them either. ...

Removing the Button of a CComboBox
After much searching through these groups, and not finding a "simple" solution. I pieced together this one from various sources, and it turned out to be quite simple. Using COMBOBOXINFO pcb; pcb.cbSize = sizeof(COMBOBOXINFO); if(GetComboBoxInfo(&pcb) You attain the information struct for the combobox. In this struct are two values, rcItem and rcButton. They are the RECT values for the edit box and the button. Initially, I just throw FillRect() over teh rcButton and whited out the button. This visually worked, but left the text looking stunted, and the button still receive...

Linking diaglog windows to buttons
Can anyone please assist with my problem ... I am new to visual C++ and am stuck at what I hope is a relatively straight forward problem... I'm creating a dialog based application in Visual C++ 6.0. I'm finding it impossible to link dialog window buttons to other dialog windows, e.g. I want: if I click button 1 on window 1 and for window 2 to appear, if I click button 2 on window 1 and window 3 appears. I've created the dialog windows, just can't link them. I've managed to get 'yes/no' and 'ok/cancel' message boxes to appear, but nothing more complex tha...

Command Buttons
I am trying to insert a command button so that when the user fills out the form and clicks the button, an amount will calculate. For example, the sales price is in A1, when the user clicks the command button, the sales price will be divided by 1000 then divided by 2 and the answer will appear in A5. Can anyone help???? You can do that with a simple formula in A5 and no command button but if you want a button. Assign this macro to a button from the Forms Toolbar. Sub divide() With ActiveSheet .Range("A5").Value = Range("A1").Value / 2000 E...

How to show "Run as" Dialog from MFC application
Hi, I have a SDI MFC application. I need to do the following: When I run the MFC application for a non-admin user in Windows XP by clicking on the executable, I need the application to pop - up the "Run as following user" dialog. And, if the credentials are right the application thread should run under administrative privileges. In short, I want the behaviour to be same as doing a right click on the .exe and selecting Run As option. Please Help!! Regards, Susanna See if the following link helps you http://tinyurl.com/33l6lt Cheers Check Abdoul ---------------...

Transparent Background on Radio Buttons
<second attempt to post> I have several radio buttons on my form that are within a table cell with a colored background. I went into Design Mode and looked the properties of my radio buttons. I set the BackStyle value to "0 - fmBackStyleTransparent" and while in Design Mode everything looks fine. When I click out of Design Mode, the white background around the radio buttons reappears! The form prints okay, but some users will fill out the form electronically. I don't want to leave the file in Design mode (in fact, I'd like to protect it) but I ne...

pressing control minimizes the sheet
I am running Excel 2003 on WinXP Pro. When I select a cell, row, or column and press <ctrl> to select multiples, the worksheet minimizes. I have run scans for viruses and spyware, all were removed. The problem still exists. ...