MSMQ ... authenticating application

A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server
application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific
applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ.

Is there any workarounds?

Thank you

Regards
Raj

"Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server
> application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific
> applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ.
>
> Is there any workarounds?
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards
> Raj

It's not really a c sharp question.
You don't put messages into the whole of msmq, you put them into queues.
You can have loads of em.
Use different queues would be simplest and my recommended solution.
I like simple.

Failing that put some identifier in message label.
Use peek to read non destructively until you find a message you like.
Think about whether you really need to do this though.

But mostly.
Read articles and documentation on msmq.

0
Andy

Server Error in '/MobileAdmin' Application #2
I cannot remote wipe a device. I browse to http://localhost/MobileAdmin Then it brings up the web page and I type in the user mailbox. I click on wipe and it gives me this error The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during...

Run a particular application with admin privilege
Hi, How can I make sure that a limited user account can start a particular application with admin prievelege without providing any admin username and password? Around ten users, who have limited account, need to run application for their job but if the application is not run with admin privielege then it does not let the user to benefit from all available options. I don't want to elevate their account to power user or administrator and don't want to provide them with admininstarot password either. Any idea how to resolve this isssue? thanks. JohnSmith1 wrote...

The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 06-20-07
I've seen a few other posts about this, but the situations seem to be different and the underlying issue doesn't seem to be found. Anyway. I have a few users that are disabled. I want to enable them. When I enable them I get the normal pop-up that says something to the effect of "If you continue you will enable this user". I click OK and then the lovely error message web page comes up and gives me the error, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid". I've been able to enable other users, it just seems that a few other users are not enabl...

can't send email, must authenticate
Help I have two email accounts with Charter Communications. I can't send email and get the following error message only on the one account: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com' on 11/28/2003 7:44 PM 473 xxx@xxxxxxx.com relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first Sending works fine on the other account. Both accts with charter. settings on both the same. tried setting authentication on the outgoing server and it doesn't help. Have cable connection and firewall. office XP and Win XP. have used for a long time n...

Starting Excel from a non-MS application
What is the command line syntax for invoking Excel to open to a specific place (i.e. either a specific cell or a named bookmark)? Hi see your post in Excel.misc P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rob Gordon wrote: > What is the command line syntax for invoking Excel to > open to a specific place (i.e. either a specific cell or > a named bookmark)? Sorry. Wasn't sure which category was more appropriate >-----Original Message----- >Hi >see your post in Excel.misc >P.S.: please don't multipost > >-- >Regards ...

MSMQ
What does MSMQ do wrt the CRM server. What options should be selected while installing MSMQ on the CRM server. Our environment has three separate servers for exchange, crm and sql. The exchange server doubles up as the dc Best to follow the CRM implementation guide. MSMQ is only used for integration with GreatPlains. Mike Greaterthantwo Media Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available for MSCRM. http://www.greaterthantwo.com "Rohit Challu" <rohit@dont123spam123.ugme.com> wrote in message news:474601c4024c$5035f520$a601280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Authentication broken....
We have had CRM 3 running for about 1 month now with no problems. One of my colleagues started messing around with CRM Mobile, and since then we have major authentication issues with CRM 3. Some users can log on as normal via either the web client or the Outlook client, while others get a login prompt and their credentials are not accepted at all. IIS is set to integrated for crm, they have user accounts within crm and the restricted access box isn't ticked. Anybody seen this before? ...

Authentication
Ok. I run the exch2k3 test tool. It tells me i have Relaying open. I go into my Virtual Server 1 and uncheck the Access Control > Anon Access. Now it tells me it wont relay anymore. The problem is when i do this...no more email comes in (NONE!). If i switch it back the spam comes flooding in along with all the normal emails. How can i setup exchange so you need to authenticate to send from the server...but incoming messages can be from anywhere? TIA You can check 2 places. First check the Virtual Server > Access > Relay and check if you have set "All except the lis...

Problem with my forms authentication
In my asp.net mvc application, I am using forms authentication with my custom membership provider. One a user enters the wrong user name / password, an error message is shown on the Login page. But, when a user enters the correct user name / password, no error message is displayed the Login page refreshes and stays there, the user doesn't get redirected to view page1 as I have return Redirect(returnUrl); in the login action of controller. Actually, even the debugger doesn't go to my action method where I have break points. I am using vs2010 on windows vista enterp...

Saving Worksheet as another application
How can I save a worksheet as MS Word. The party I need to e-mail does not have Excel, and can not open the file. I need to save it in order to attach to an e-mail Tks Bill Select all cells. Hit Copy. Go to Word, paste. It should provide in a similar layout. **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "bill" <billjames@christytrucking.com> wrote in message news:03bc01c4a65e$b2e31660$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can I save a worksheet as MS Word. The party I need to > e-mail does no...

Authentication when opening intranet pages from Outlook
I have an intranet asp application that sends emails that contain a link to an intranet page. I have a case where one user is forced to login to the windows domain when he clicks on the link, even though he is within the firewall & his Outlook security settings specify automatic login with the current name & password. This doesn't happen with any other users (unless they go through the firewall). The site is also recorded in the trusted sites section. Any ideas? ...

eConnect - MSMQ
I am able to send the xml data to MSMQ (server\private$\econnect_incoming75) que. The que is read by MBS eConnect service and then is deleted from the Que messages. The que apears in journal messages. The data never gets inserted into SOP tables. (SOP10100). The eConnect event viewer does not shows any errors. I am running MSMQ and eConnect on Windows 200 server. The eConnect and MSMQ runs on local system account. For MSMQ, If i log on This account, the MSMQ eConnect que disappeared. Anybody has any idea what must be the problem? Hi What account are you using for "This Acc...

Kerberos and Integrated Windows authentication
We have WSS 2.0 and Ex2k3 on one physical server. In order to get OWA working I had to go through the exercise in this document: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823265 We want our people to use OWA through SSL. https://myEx2k3.myCompany.com/exchange works fine. However, we don't want to inconvenience our people by forcing them to use "https" in order to get into SharePoint. Can this be done? Thank you. ...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

Move CRM Application 3.0 to NEW Server
Folks: Here is our CRM Environment: SERVER1: CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services SERVER2: SQL Server 2005 We want to move ONLY CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services from SERVER1 to a NEW Server (CRM 3.0). My Questions: 1) Are there any written instructions on how do I move only the CRM Application and Reporting services 2) If for some reason the CRM move to new server fails, can I fail back to OLD server so that I don't mess anything? My boss is asking for a test of this in the test environment. Can I do the test with the same company name and with same do...

MSMQ problem
I posted the following question first to a CSAHRP NG but actually I was wrong-its an MFC problem and I hope someone here can really help me... I use the following code in a CSHARP project where I craete an MSMQ. It works fine if I send messages from another CSHARP project. UDP_Dll_Que = new MessageQueue(".\\Private$\\UDP_Dll_Que"); UDP_Dll_Que.Formatter = new BinaryMessageFormatter(); UDP_Dll_Que.ReceiveCompleted += new ReceiveCompletedEventHandler(Msmq_ReceiveCompleted); UDP_Dll_Que.BeginReceive(); I want to send message from an VS2008, MFC based projrct. The fol...

How windows manage dll of an application (exe)?
I do a test on my simple MFC exe. First time running , my exe occupied 3584K I pop a Empty string AfxMessageBox, my exe occupied 3612K After that I close the AfxMessageBox, my exe occupied 2668K! I pop a AfxMessageBox with "abcdefghijklmnopq", myexe occupied 3692K, After that I close it again, myexe occupied 3704K!!! It seems that every time I pop up a AfxMessageBox, there is a increses in memory usage, & it will never reduce back until my application close!!!!! Any one know the reason? Please help. You are clearly believing that whatever tool you are using to see what the...

DLL
Is there any way to detect when an application that is calling my dll is about to be destroyed? I need to close several files if the calling application has not done so, therefore I need to detect when the calling application is about to be destroyed and clean up the files and variables I have used in the dll. You need to implement DllMain, the handle your cleanup tasks when you receive a PROCESS_DETACH notification. Check out: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_initialize_non.2d.mfc_dlls.asp "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutexto...

Custom form Authentication
I have an application that I have rolled out at a few different customers. I create a virtual directory under CRM and in the isv.config file I use relative url. Yet in some cases people have to re-authenticate into my pages. These pages are launched from within CRM, so there is no reason to re-authenticate. There is a new patch out there for some IIS error that when applied, the re-authentication just plain doesn't work and none of my users can get in. These seems so basic - so what am I missing!! Thanks! ...

MFC applications and Visual C++'s newer editions
Hello. When it comes to Win32, Visual Studio .NET 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 only allows the creation of console-based applications. What if one wanted to create MFC-based applications and, at the same time, be able to take advantage of the powerful and conforming C++ compiler that comes with the package? I hope that resorting to Visual C++ 6.0 is not the only option. Thank you, -- Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino "Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino" <zunino@inf.ufsc.br> wrote in message news:%23FuRyAcXFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello. > > When it comes to Win32, Vi...

Telnet application
Greets, Quick question.... If I was to write a VB6 app for configuring an IP device using Telnet, would it be more advantageous to use the Winsock control, or the INet control for the telnet session ? The device has the telnet server, I just need to write a GUI that uses telnet as a client to communicate with the device, and then present the configuration info in a typical GUI way. TIA, DanS "DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote in message news:Xns9CEA5E17494CEthisnthatroadrunnern@216.196.97.131... > Greets, > > Quick...

MSMQ ... authenticating application
A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. Is there any workarounds? Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6917708E-88B1-497B-A888-5038ACEA17CE@microsoft.com... >A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server > application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific > applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. > ...

is there a hotel management excel application?
The subject says is all... TIA Martyn Hi Martyn, See response to your thread in Programming. --- Regards, Norman "Cheker" <zoomer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eNJLsRRqEHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The subject says is all... > TIA > Martyn > > > ...

Problems shelling another application
I am not sure what is going on with this so I am not sure what to ask. I'll just share my experience and maybe somebody can point out what I am doing wrong. I am attempting to launch another application from my VB app. The code to launch the other app is just a simple shell call (lngProcID = Shell(strAppPath)). The call to Shell does return a value but the app does not appear to have been started (does not show up visually and is not in task manager). Using the value held in strAppPath in the Run dialog (Start->Run) starts the app just fine. I figure this has to be some ...

Unable to unplug the USB device if I open and close any document from USB device from my application
Hi, I have written a aplication which support specific file format document say .dat file. By using this application I can open \ read \ write the .dat files. But If I open a .dat file which is present in USB device and modify the content of a file and close the file properly then if i try to unplug the USB (without closing my application) then Windows Vista \ XP will not allow to unplug the USB device it says "Windows can's stop your Generic volume device....." message box. To unplug the USB device I have to close my application. Can anyone please tell me why I am u...