Dropdown list

How do I get the id value of the selected item in the dropdown list?

0
Man

"Man T" <alanpltse_NOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> How do I get the id value of the selected item in the dropdown list?

Reverse whatever process you used to store the ID.

0
Jeff

Create list to choose from
Hi, I'm just trying to create a short pulldown list in a spreadsheet. Instead of having to retype repetitve selections for this spreadsheet that gets used a lot, I'd like to create a pulldown list, but I'm not sure which kind of list to choose and I'm not sure how to enter the list. Can anyone help. Thanks a bunch. Diana Hi Dianah i'ld go with data / validation check out Debra Dalgleish's site for details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html cheers JulieD "Dianah" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OLWdR3GWEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx....

find a description in a list and add it in an other one
Hello, I would like to create a small vb code, to find a description in a list and add it in an other one... Let me explain my case : I have an excel spreadsheet with two sheets... The first one (sheet "result") contents a list like this one : D10993300 YG37 DistrDemand (Plnd.) D10385135 YG38 Total Demand D10387412 YT23 Dependent Demand D10385167 TE45 Total Demand This list can have a very variable size, One line or several thousands of line The second one, sheet "Dcode list" contents the description of ALL the code like "D10993300" D10383164 p...

Dropdown menu
How do I add a dropdown menu in my workbook? You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html keisha wrote: > How do I add a dropdown menu in my workbook? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I create a scroll list of macro buttons?
I have created several buttons for different macros on one worksheet. How can I make some type of scroll list that contains each macro button? Place the buttons on a Toolbar which is activated when that worksheet is activated. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Application.CommandBars("new bar name").Visible = True End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() Application.CommandBars("new bar name").Visible = False End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:15:04 -0800, "RobertM" <RobertM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created s...

How do I create a dropdown within a dropdown?
I know how to create a dropdown list. On one or more of the items in that dropdown list, I would like to create another dropdown. How do I do this? The second list dependent on what was chosen in the first???? If you used Data|validation for your dropdown list, then you could visit Debra Dalgleish site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Joyce Keller wrote: > > I know how to create a dropdown list. > On one or more of the items in that dropdown list, I would like to create > another dropdown. > How do I do this? -- Dave Peterson ...

Names Drop down list
I have version 2002 SP-2 Outlook. Also, under tools/options/email options/advanced email options, I have "suggest names while completing" and "automatic name checking" checked. I was recently moved from outlook express to Outlook. Now when I write a letter, when I start writing a name, nothing happens. When I start writing an email address, then I get a suggestion drop down list. , How do I get names to do that,. I had no problem in Outlook Express. ...

DropDown
Need to be able to enter first several letters of a name and have the dropdown pick them up as I type in the name. Had it on a demo worksheet in my "learn" files BUT lost it somewhere. Please refer me to where I can pick up some samples to use.. Thank You.. Ensure the AutoWordSelect property of the combobox is set to true (default) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "jlmccabes" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:kLxeh.9601$yj1.496@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... &...

background color of individual list items
I was wondering if someone might know if it is possible change the background color of a listbox so that one line was the default white and another line was some other color. If not, I guess I will have to use individual label controls for this. I would rather use a listbox though. Thanks, Roger You can do that if you set the owner draw flag. It is pretty easy. take a look these examples: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listbox/colorlistboxes/article.php/c4745/ http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listbox/colorlistboxes/article.php/c1611/ What you would have to do is o...

DropDown Buttons
Hi, I need to create a drop down button that will show a drop down menu when a user clicks it then allow the user to select an option from the dorp down menue. This needs to be a stand alone button that can be placed anywhere and not a menu button that must be part of a menu. Here is a link to an image of the type of button I am wanting to create http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2304/dropdownbutton9cp.jpg If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any good resources please post them up. Thanks in advanced, Ryan One way is to bring up a popup window when the button is clicked. Try th...

LDAP Filter on Adress List
Dear Support, How to built one adress list by Organisation Unit? I must find only recipients of this OU. Thanks for helping I manage an exchange environment for a school at a university. Many of our faculty have very large mailboxes and like to keep their mail for ever. As silly as it may sound, I try to support this. My peferred configuration for these people is to auto-archive mail from the server into a .pst when it reaches some age then divide their pst files into years for permanent archiving. The benefits for this are obvious. The problem is how to backup the local copy of...

Export data from List box
Hi, I'd like to export data from a list box on a form. The list box has a stored procedure with parameter as RecordSource and I want to do it with a click button event. I need to copy data in csv format, but if it's difficult tell me how I can do it in other formats. Many thanks for your answers. Angelo ...

Auto dropdown
I would like the list of a combobox to dropdown when the form (where the combox is in) is opened. How can I do that? Thanks, John On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:33:18 +0100, John wrote: > I would like the list of a combobox to dropdown when the form (where the > combox is in) is opened. > How can I do that? > Thanks, > John Only when the form is first opened? Code the form's Load event: Me.ComboName.SetFocus Me.ComboName.Dropdown -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail Please ignore, I found the solution: Me!<<ComboName>...

exchange 2007 central address lists
Hi Guys What's the best way to handle this one? -Require a central address list most people will have read access and a couple of people read/write to keep it updated -Several thousand users and groups from none exchange days so in .pst file -No reason that these are in the GAL because they are just mailing lists and no need for AD involvement Cheers A contacts-type public folder might work for you. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "martin" <usenet@etiqa.co.uk> wrote in messag...

list all menus
Hi, I need to get a list of every menu of every application currently open. By using GetWindow i am able to list all the applications and then by using GetMenu, GetSubMenu, GetMenuText etc I can get the menu details. The problem is that it works perfectly for some applications but not others. For example, I can see all the menus in Notepad and Task Manager but no menus at all for Visual Studio, Internet Explorer or any Explorer windows. Does anyone know why this is? Is it possible to list every menu of every app or should i give up? Thanks, mav I've just checked what you did...

outlook 2003 user cannot see members of distribution list
I have an outlook 2003 user who, when clicking on a distribution list or an individual name in a received email; the dialog box appears displaying the properties of the person or group, but there is nothing showing up in the "member of" tab. this is the only user I have affected. any help would be appreciated. Normally when clicking on a user of group listed in the "To" of an email the properties can be viewed showing the groups the individual is a member of, etc. Have you tried creating a new mail profile for this user? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post ...

Create template that ignors data list rules
Question: Is there a way to copy all rows in a worksheet [template] to a master data list at the same time, and have possibly several users saving their worksheet forms simultaneously with the data list being updated automatically as they save their work or is there a better way to accomplish this task using Excel? Please explain like I'm a two year old. The plan is for several users on a network to enter data in an Excel 2002 form [1 worksheet each user] the form contains about 17 rows with 10 columns on a template. When the users save their form the data will be automatically copied ...

select From dropdown and return another dropdown menu
Hi, i am looking for help with dropdowns and returns. I would like to b able to have staff select their business area from a dropdown menu, when a business area is selected i would like it to then offer the corresponding cost codes for that business area as a dropdown and those cost codes be available for selection. Is it possible? many thanks in anticipation. Nigel hi not sure but see if this is what you want http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html regards FSt1 "RE4379" wrote: > Hi, > > i am looking for help with dropdowns and retur...

Dropdowns
I am using Office 2000 on a windows 2000 machine. Can you tell me how to create a dropdown with choices for a cell. I want to put choices such as water, lightning, roof, hail, etc. in addition to having a dropdown to open i would like the option of just typing in the first letter and having a choice come up. thank you janice Hi You are looking for Data / Validation. Using this you can set ceratin criteria (whole numbe, date, time etc) or you create a list (or use an existing one) -- Andy. "Janice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2699...

Unix mail to Global Distribution List
We've set up a Global Distribution List on Exchange and it works fine from Outlook. We have a Unix application that needs to mail this group. This does not work. Changing the app to mail individuals does work. Is there an option in Distribution List setup to allow this? Thanks Geoff On 6 Feb 2007 01:03:51 -0800, pritchardgeoff@gmail.com wrote: >We've set up a Global Distribution List on Exchange and it works fine >from Outlook. We have a Unix application that needs to mail this >group. This does not work. Changing the app to mail individuals does >work. Is there an op...

TRANSFERING CONTACT LIST
I would like to transfer my contact list to my laptop. The desk computer is running 2000 and the laptop is running xp. I think I put the .pst file in the wrong place. Copy your Contacts to their own PST file. Copy that PST file to the other hard drive and open it in Outlook (File > Open > Personal Folders file. Copy your Contacts into your Contacts Folder in the other installation. Do not export/import and don't even think of trying to overwrite a PST file. ------ Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] bwilliams wrote: > I would like to transfer my contact list to my laptop. The des...

Negative percentage in data verification dropdown list?
Is it possible to have a negative percentage a in data verification list as one of the choices in the dropdown list ? Negative percentages display incorrectly in a percentage-formatted cell, and don't calculate correctly in formulas. Positive .01 displays as 1% and correctly calculates, but negative -.01 dislpays as -.01 and creates an entirely incorrect value when run through my formulas. I've also tried .-01. Any secrets out there? If you have formatted the dropdown cell to percentage format.. that would display all percentages in % format -- Jacob "Gary...

automating the contact list
I would like to know if there is a way to take the "@company" from the primary email field and put it in the "Company" field if Company is blank. I assume some kind of macro would be ideal. I'm not sure what the best trigger would be... I'm a novice at VB and know almost nothing about custom forms in Outlook. Can anyone offer any suggestions? ------------ Michael Bierman ...

How to bind filtered data in list box?
Hi All, I have developed a from in excel 2003 contains year dorpdown and listbox. The list box source mapped/binded to a ragne and 'Year' dropdown has unique years from the same range of listbox source. My requirement is, if user selects year through 'Year' dropdown then the list box has to refresh with selected year's data only. I tried to filter the source data with selected 'Year' value but the listbox has been displaying with old records i.e., still I see whole data includes hidden rows after applying filter on source data. I should not see ...

Make a list of dates of all Fridays for 2002 thru 2007?
How can I make a list of the dates of all Fridays in the period beginning in 2002 thru 2007, or year by year? Thanks. -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture Enter the date of the first Friday you want to start with in A1, eg 04/01/2002 and put this formula in A2: =A1+7 Format that cell as a date and copy it down for as many rows as you need (about 365 rows). Hope this helps. Pete On Nov 22, 8:51 pm, dk_ <nob...@spamless.com> wrote: > How can I make a list of the dates of all Fridays in the period beginning in > 2002 thru 2007, or year by ye...

Button Dropdown?
Same screen shot as my prior post under "Visually Setting Off An Area Of A Form": http://tinyurl.com/33dqmo In the upper right of the form, there are a lot of buttons. Too many buttons for the client's comfort. They want 5 of the buttons to go away, yet be available if somebody clicks a "More Options" button. i.e. The Buy, Clone, Mature, Un-Mature, and Delete buttons need tb invisible in normal use, yet accessible when the user clicks "More Options". First thing that comes to my mind is a floater containing said buttons. Click "More Options&q...