DataGridView Events

What are the events handlers I need to insert / update / delete rows in a
datagridview?  Seems a lot different than asp.net.   I can initially bind
the datagridview but don't know the event handlers to add/update/delete.
I'd appreciate any insight.  Thanks a lot.

0
Kali

If you create your own made data source, one way is to implement
IBindingList and to define an empty constructor (to add new "row").
BindingList><T>  does implement IBindingList. You can use BindingSource to
expose IBindingList on types that do not implement IBindingList. Here an
example doing it for 'data' supported by class "Toto" :

- Create a windows form project, VerySimpleDataGridView
- In form1, add a datagridview, dataGridView1
- In Form1.cs, have the code:

=====================
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace VerySimpleDataGridView
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {

        BindingSource mydataSourceBS = new BindingSource();

        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            mydataSourceBS.DataSource = typeof(Toto);
            this.dataGridView1.DataSource = mydataSourceBS;

            mydataSourceBS.Add(new Toto("Yoman", "World", 2010));

        }
    }

    public class Toto
    {
        public String firstName { get; set; }
        public String lastName { get; set; }
        public decimal someThing { get; set; }

        public Toto() { }
        public Toto(String fName, String lName, decimal what)
        {
            firstName = fName;
            lastName = lName;
            someThing = what;
        }

    }

======================

- Run.

- Note that you can add new rows.

- Comment the empty constructor for Toto.

- Run

- You can't add row anymore.

More useful details in "Windows Forms 2.0 Programming", by Sells and
Weinhardt, at Addison Wesley, ch 16 and 17.

Vanderghast, Access MVP

"Kali" <noemail@address.com> wrote in message
> What are the events handlers I need to insert / update / delete rows in a
> datagridview?  Seems a lot different than asp.net.   I can initially bind
> the datagridview but don't know the event handlers to add/update/delete.
> I'd appreciate any insight.  Thanks a lot.

0
vanderghast

change tracking order of events
I'm using Access 2002 for a facilities lease tracking system with a split front end - back end app for a handful of users. I have change tracking built in to the OnDirty event of the main entry screen as follows: *** Private Sub TLCode_Dirty(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.OpenForm "UserChangedFields", acNormal, "", "", , acHidden Forms!UserChangedFields!OldValue = [Forms]![Edit Lease Data]![TLCode] Forms!UserChangedFields!UserName = CurrentUser() Forms!UserChangedFields!FieldName = "TLCode" Forms!UserChangedFields!ChangedWhen = Now() ...

DataGridView Events
What are the events handlers I need to insert / update / delete rows in a datagridview? Seems a lot different than asp.net. I can initially bind the datagridview but don't know the event handlers to add/update/delete. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks a lot. If you create your own made data source, one way is to implement IBindingList and to define an empty constructor (to add new "row"). BindingList><T> does implement IBindingList. You can use BindingSource to expose IBindingList on types that do not implement IBindingList. Here an example...

Refresh on OnTimer() event
Hi everyone, I have developed a network monitoring application. One of its function is to display appropriate images in the display for each node; depending on whether the node is ON or OFF. For this, I have created an array of CStatic objects.I have assigned images to these objects upon initialization: CStatic win_bitmap[255]; win_bitmap[i].SetBitmap(...............); Now I want the display to be refreshed after an interval to display the current status of machines. I have used the 'SetBitmap' function of CStatic for this purpose. But the bitmaps disappear as the timer e...

Event ID:2102 Source:MSExchangeDSAccess
Hello Folks, I am seeing Event ID:2102 Source:MSExchangeDSAccess error on Exchange 2000 Server (SP4 Windows) with Exchange SP# 3. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event ID: 2102 Date: 7/2/2005 Time: 7:00:02 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCH Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=1980). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: <Server list with FQDN> The connectivity with DC's is perfect andthe GC is online too. I rebooted all the GC's and Exchange and still the error comes again. POLICYTEST.exe is fine with the prvilege. Excha...

Event Log Queries
Ok, so I'm working on querying multiple DC's to look for a specific event ID (645 in the security logs, for computers recently joined to the domain). I thought I had everything figured out, but it's still not working right. Running the script, it just somewhat hangs...not sure if that's just because it's still searching or not and is slow. Let me know if you guys have any thoughts...thanks! Dim objDictionary Set objDictionary = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") arrComputers = Array("DC02", "DC03") iReach = 0 For Each st...

Put a checkbox in the header of the datagridview
Hi, How can I put a checkbox in the header of the datagridview? Thanks ...

DblClick Event
I'm new to Access, what am I doing wrong passing these variables to the mainform? I need these pasted or set to the control value in the mainform. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Private Sub Recording_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim rstInst As Recordset Dim strRecording As String Dim strInstDate As String 'Set recordset to Inst table Set rstInst = dbsCurrent.OpenRecordset("Inst", dbOpenSnapshot) ' Get Recording from subform and set to varible strRecording = Forms!Ownership![Inst Subform].Form![Recording] ' Get InstDate from subform and set to varible strIns...

OnChange event error "Does not support this object or property"
Hi all, I'm trying to test the OnChange event on the Opportunity form - I added the following JScript code to the Sales Stage field on the form: if (crmForm.salesstagecode.value=="2-Qualified Lead") { crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("Solicitation_Number", 1); } But when I publish these changes and run CRM,and select the '2-Qualified Lead' value on the Sales Stage picklist, I get the error: "Does not support this object or property" Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you! What is the data type in the db schema of the salesstagecode field? If it is...

How to read from different'levels' of xml to a datagridview?
I have the following XML file (Called CustomerList.xml) ... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <customerList xmlns="http://tempuri.org/CustomerListSchema.xsd"> <customer> <CompanyName>Company One</CompanyName> <ContactName>Joe</ContactName> <Email>Joe@CompanyOne.com</Email> <Phone>01234 567890</Phone> <BillToAddress> <Name>Company One</Name> <Street>1 Some Street</Street> <City>Some City</City> <State>Some State</State>...

Worksheet_Calculate code in same module as Worksheet Change event goes astray
Hi, I'm trying to get some code to fire, based on a formula in cell E2 changing value to equal 1. Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Cells(5, 2) = 1 Then MsgBox "Fires ok" 'Application.EnableEvents = False End Sub I can get it to work properly on a blank spreadsheet. However I need to use it on a worksheet that already has a Worksheet Change code. Since it seems like each worksheet can only have one module (page? not sure of the right name) for code, the above code is in the same module as the Change code. Thus, when the entry is made that chang...

DHCPServer Event ID: 1017 & 1010 during backup
I have got two errors during backup. Chcaking C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp SYSTEM has got full perimssions to a folder. Any idea ? Event Type: Error Event Source: DhcpServer Event Category: None Event ID: 1017 Date: 24/05/2010 Time: 21:23:55 User: N/A Computer: TITAN Description: The DHCP service encountered the following error when backing up the registry configuration: Access is denied. Event Type: Error Event Source: DhcpServer Event Category: None Event ID: 1010 Date: 24/05/2010 Time: 21:23:56 User: N/A Computer: TITAN Description: The DHCP s...

DataSet into DataGridView
Hi all, I have the below code I=92m using to populate three DataGridView=92s I have on my form without much success at the moment as the DataGridView only displays one column of data once it has run :/ In the example I am just trying to get it working for one DataGridView with the intention of passing in SQL to define the DataSet=92s once its working. I am unsure weather I have missed something because I can view all the data in the visualiser but it only seems to populate the one column in the DataGridView. Please help. Scott. Private Sub cboUserName_SelectedIndexC...

[ANN] Emails and Events Appear as a Folder With Subject.eml
We have had reports from Entourage 2008 Exchange users, that emails and events are showing up as folders. The developer that is working on this problem is not able to reproduce and suspects it might be database corruption. He is asking for your help. If anyone that is experiencing this problem can provide a database for testing, please contact me via the comments. If you can't provide a database, please send in the answers to the questions posted here: Emails and Events Appear as a Folder With Subject.eml (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/10/emails_and_eve...

Datagridview Determine if right click is on selected cells
VB 2005 How do I tell if a right click on a datagridview is in the selected cells? I want to selected the cell if it's not, and if it is in the selected cell range do nothing. I have this code to select the right clicked cell, but how do I check if it's in the selected cell range? Private Sub DataGridView_CellMouseDown(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs) _ Handles DataGridView.CellMouseDown If e.Button = Windows.Forms.MouseButtons.Right Then Me.DataGridView.CurrentCell = Me.DataGridView.Rows(e.RowInde...

event subscription Access denied
Hello, I am trying to enable event forwarding from one DC to another. I have run winrm quickconfig on the source dc and wecutil qc on the collector. Also I have added the admin account that I am using to the Event Log readers of the source pc however in the subscription when I clic runtime status I get (0x5): Access is denied and no events are forwarded. Thank yoo -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directo...

adding user control to a cell in a DataGridView
Instead of one of the existing column types I would like to have a user control appear in a cell in a gridview. What I have done is created a control CCTest : Control, IDataGridViewEditingControl inherits from Control, and implements IDataGridViewEditingControl I then create a cell class TestCell : DataGridViewCell in here I override public override void InitializeEditingControl(int rowIndex, object initialFormattedValue, DataGridViewCellStyle dataGridViewCellStyle) to set the editing control for the cell. these get used in a column I create and add to t...

Sequence of events when duplicating a record
I have a form thet displays a record with about 65 fields, 50 of which are checkboxes for individual states. Based on the OnCurrent event, I check the status of each checkbox and color code the label depending on whether or not the box is checked. This subroutine is initiated by the OnCurrent event, which I chose because it seems to be the only event that fires as you flip through multiple records while paging through the form. I want to allow my users to duplicate this record, so I used the wizard to create a button to duplicate it. The problem arises in that apparently the OnCurre...

Attach DatagridView binding into a pop up
Hi all - what would be the cleanest way of showing a databound grid on one screen with a right click "Edit" option that pops up a modal window with databound controls for Editting. I want to preserve the binding that is on the original grid, and apply the updates the minute we hit save. (Editting directly in grids is disallowed by policy for some obscure reason) I was thinking to pass the datasource across into the pop up form - but this aparently causes problems with dropdown boxes forcing records to be marked as "Editted" when no change has actually occu...

DataGridView
DataGridView with combobox in VisualC + +. Net Hot fudge Sunday with waffles in France. AliR. "Marcelo Bettencourt" <MarceloBettencourt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81A2080-B7EC-46D9-9785-0C6C54AA4AB4@microsoft.com... > DataGridView with combobox in VisualC + +. Net Then how to associate a combobox to a datagrid ... Click on the type combobox and so taken with the data shows that this chosen in the combobox A little more info would be nice? What version of VC++ are you using? It sounds like you are creating .Net app??? Where did you get yo...

All day event issues
My co-workers and I use and maintain a shared calendar through Outlook. I am in the Central Time Zone, and they are in the Eastern Time Zone. When I add an all-day event to the schedule, it shows up just fine on my view of the calendar, but on their view, it shows up as a two day event. Same thing if they add an all day event - when I look at it, I see a two day event. Very confusing for everyone. I've tried adding an additional time zone to my Outlook, but it doesn't work. That makes perfect sense. What starts as Midnight for you doesn't start until 1 AM for t...

Preventing Duplicate Calendar Events
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Even with the upgrade to MacOffice 2008 I am still getting multiple duplicated events off of exchange server. I have my MobileMe and iCal set to no sync, but it is still occurring. I see references in forum with 2004, but does someone know of a fix or third-party plug in that will scrub the calendar? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0041_01CAA9E8.BB644D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

ComboBox in DataGridView
I have a form that has a DataGridView control (.NET 2.0) on it. I am using a combobox in one of the columns and it works fine. The only problem that I have is that the box with the arrow is displayed for all the rows all of the time for that column. I would like to hide the box with the arrow until the cell gets the focus. Is this possible? I use the following code to build the DataGridView: dgvTemplates.AutoGenerateColumns = false; DataGridViewTextBoxColumn col1 = new DataGridViewTextBoxColumn(); col1.DataPropertyName = "Id"; dgvTemplates.Columns.Add(col1)...

Control array events and Karl's ObjArrayDemo
given a control array added via Load ctl(index+1) events don't work saw Karl's ObjArrays demo having trouble figuring how to convert the demo to my situation...braindead! I have a form with a "group of controls" that I call a ViewGroup each ViewGroup consists of one each ( lable,combo,listview) form at design time has one group with index 0 mlViewCount is howmany of these groups of 3 controls exist on form (at form load = 1) at runtime in a button click event i load new group (of 3 ctls) Private Sub AddViewGroup() 'first time this will = 1 (index 0) ...

Single row delete causes concurrency error via datagridview
Simply one row deleted from datagridview. In the UserDeletedRow event we: called endedit on the bindingsource for the grid and then call the tableadapter.update on the dataset. The update method is when the concurrency error happens. Totally confused. This couldn't be a simpler example. One table with a few columns with a single deleted row. Ideas? Hello, Optimistic concurrency is checked by selecting the row using the original values in the where clause. If one of the values stored in the DB is truncated because of a precision problem, the where clause won't retu...

signal about an event from a thread
hi, how can i send a signal about an event from a thread to mfc application. plz help Use PostMessage() to post a message to the appropriate window. Then, set up a handler in the "appropriate window" to do whatever based on the message receieved. You can pass parameters in the message to let the handler know what you're trying to tell it. Tom "dips" <deepikasood30@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137681136.967473.193080@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > hi, > how can i send a signal about an event from a thread to mfc > application. > plz hel...