Can I add a control to a menu entry?

Hello out there,
I want to provide the option to clone GUI elements. I envision a
context menu with an entry like
	Clone - Horizontally - ?How many?
	         - Vertically - ?How many?

and in the entry marked as ?How many? above I would like to add a
NumericUpDown.
Is something like this possible?
Best regards
Helmut Giese
0
Helmut

"Helmut Giese" <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello out there,
> I want to provide the option to clone GUI elements. I envision a
> context menu with an entry like
> Clone - Horizontally - ?How many?
>          - Vertically - ?How many?
>
> and in the entry marked as ?How many? above I would like to add a
> NumericUpDown.
> Is something like this possible?

It's probably possible, but personally I consider this very non-standard and
would argue against it. This sort of thing calls for a dialog box in my
opinion.

0
Jeff
12/8/2009 3:08:46 PM
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:08:46 -0500, "Jeff Johnson" <i.get@enough.spam>
wrote:

>"Helmut Giese" <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> Hello out there,
>> I want to provide the option to clone GUI elements. I envision a
>> context menu with an entry like
>> Clone - Horizontally - ?How many?
>>          - Vertically - ?How many?
>>
>> and in the entry marked as ?How many? above I would like to add a
>> NumericUpDown.
>> Is something like this possible?

Hi Jeff,
>It's probably possible, but personally I consider this very non-standard and
>would argue against it. This sort of thing calls for a dialog box in my
>opinion.
hm, this is not what I wanted to hear :) but that's life.
Ok, standards usually _are_ a good thing, so you do have a point here
- I'll re-think the approach.

Thanks (grumble, grumble) anyway :)
Helmut Giese
0
Helmut

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

OWA email subject dropdown menu?
Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can specify it on the subject box. Thanks prem "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:3b92875.0502160207.48a26920@posting.google.com... > Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: > I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. > The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can > specify it on the subject box. > > Thanks > prem Which ve...

How to Link to the next blank row after the last entry in a column?
Cell BM6 Sheet1, has a formula that gives me a numeric total. The total belongs in Column D1 Sheet2 after the last entry, and there will be cells that will remain blank in that column before the last entry. Sheet1 is a work sheet, which will be saved with a new file name at the end of the month after the totals have been sent to Sheet2. Sheet2 is a permanent, ongoing record. The numbers on original Sheet1 will then be erased and the worksheet reused for the new month. :confused: How do I get the values into the appropriate row of Sheet2 and have them remain there when I reuse the workshee...

Can't send/receive

controls showing up late with ShowWindow?
I have an application I wrote to print some labels to a barcode printer. It works fine, but I noticed that two labels which I hide at design time and then show just prior to printing with WriteFile, act a bit strange. Only one shows up initially and then after printing the other one shows up. I got around this by putting them in the printing loop which loops through all the files though I did not really want to do it that way. Even when I do it this way though the one label loses its sunken property until printing is completed. Any ideas why and how I can fix this. For the time ...

Can not Customize Leads View

timesheet entry error #2
When we enter timesheets, we get the error that the pay code does not exist for the employee in the rate table. I looked at the KB 874621 as well and everything checks out. We get our cost and billing from employee rate table. Surprisingly we are getting this error for the project for all the employees. Apart from making sure that the employee with his salary paycode (as he is a salary employee) is defined in the rate table, what else can I check? ...

Bulk attachments

Controlling how user posts a blog
Is it possible to control how items are posted on to a blog? The blog owner would like the readers to be able to respond to his posts but he doesn't want readers to create a new thread. thanks in advance ...

Disable Auto Add of addresses
How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but when I get an email from them it is formatted different, and I have to "delete" that which comes up when using auto-complete, and then use the manual add to add the addressee to my email... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated You may disable it in Options Food Snobbery wrote: > How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? > > Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but > when...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Component Transactioon Entry-MO
Is there a way to have the component transaction entry to automatically pick lot numbers (FIFO method) instead of having to go into each component and insert lot numbers? We are finding this window very, very cumbersome to use... thanks! -- Doug Doug, I doubt, but it’s could be easily customized, let me know if you need any help in this matter. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Doug" wrote: > Is there a way to ...

Variable Control Names
Within a user form I am trying to reduce the amount of code needed to enter text into text box I have two text boxes. TextBox1 and TextBox2 When Command Button 1 is clicked I want the result TextBox1.Text = "This is my test text" When Command Button 2 is clicked I want the result TextBox2.Text = "This is my test text" But I wish to use the same piece of code for both examples. I am missing something here. This is my test example. _____________________________________________________________ Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() setar (1) 'when Command Button 1 is cl...

How can I rename a database table?

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

Can (or how can) I do this

Excel automatically adds path to external reference -> formula too long
Excel 2000 SR1 / Windows 2000 I have moved a large Excel application to a new folder. However this creates the following problem: I have many external references to other Excel files located in the SAME folder. Fields with references such as: '[File1.XLS]Sheet1'!C50 + '[File1.XLS]Sheet2'!C50 + ... are automatically converted by excel into: 'D:\Full path\[File1.XLS]Sheet1'!C50 + 'D:\Full path\[File1.XLS]Sheet2'!C50 + ... This results finally into errors, since the formula becomes to long to fit into a single field. Can anyone please give me a hint, how to turn...