Caching block from multiple domains

Hi! My application spans multiple domains on the server side. I need to cache
some db records into Microsoft Caching block. Is there a way to make it
accessible from
all domains the application explicitly creating? I know there is a SetData()
method on the AppDomain, but it requires serializable objects - something I
can not guarantee.

So, is there a way to access the Caching block from multiple domains?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

--M

> Hi! My application spans multiple domains on the server side. I need to
> cache
> some db records into Microsoft Caching block. Is there a way to make it
> accessible from
> all domains the application explicitly creating? I know there is a
> SetData()
> method on the AppDomain, but it requires serializable objects - something
> can not guarantee.
>
> So, is there a way to access the Caching block from multiple domains?
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help.

I'm pretty sure you'll have better luck asking this in an ASP.NET group,
since that's where folks are most likely to be using the Caching block.

0
Jeff
3/18/2010 1:21:33 AM
On 17-03-2010 21:09, Mike wrote:
> Hi! My application spans multiple domains on the server side. I need to cache
> some db records into Microsoft Caching block. Is there a way to make it
> accessible from
> all domains the application explicitly creating? I know there is a SetData()
> method on the AppDomain, but it requires serializable objects - something I
> can not guarantee.
>
> So, is there a way to access the Caching block from multiple domains?

If you need to move something between app domains then it needs
to be serializable.

Arne

0
UTF
3/18/2010 1:45:44 AM
Mike wrote:
> Hi! My application spans multiple domains on the server side. I need to cache
> some db records into Microsoft Caching block. Is there a way to make it
> accessible from
> all domains the application explicitly creating? I know there is a SetData()
> method on the AppDomain, but it requires serializable objects - something I
> can not guarantee.

Why can't you guarantee it? You got the db records from somewhere. You
can make a public accessor object with public properties using the
serialize attribute and load it to a List<T>, populating the object from
a db record.

http://www.java2s.com/Tutorial/CSharp/0240__Assembly/Anobjectinanotherapplicationdomain.htm

The fist example in the link below shows how to use a Arraylist so you
can do the same thing with a List<T> of objects that are marked
[Serializable]. I would think.

<http://www.java2s.com/Tutorial/CSharp/0240__Assembly/GetandsetdatatoAppDomain.htm>

<http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2009/12/14/using-wcf-ria-services-without-silverlight-in-visual-studio-2010.aspx>

You can use auto property public properties of the public class/object.

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb384054.aspx>

> So, is there a way to access the Caching block from multiple domains?

The other way to do it is to use HttpContext to cache the data.

http://www.csharpfriends.com/articles/getarticle.aspx?articleid=411

Either way, you can't expect the data to be in volatile memory all the
time. So if it's not there, then you need to go get it again.
0
Mr
3/18/2010 2:46:27 AM
Hi! Thank you for taking a look but it's a WinForms app and I am talking
about Server portion.

"Jeff Johnson" wrote:

> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Hi! My application spans multiple domains on the server side. I need to
> > cache
> > some db records into Microsoft Caching block. Is there a way to make it
> > accessible from
> > all domains the application explicitly creating? I know there is a
> > SetData()
> > method on the AppDomain, but it requires serializable objects - something
> > can not guarantee.
> >
> > So, is there a way to access the Caching block from multiple domains?
> >
> > Many thanks in advance for your help.
>
> I'm pretty sure you'll have better luck asking this in an ASP.NET group,
> since that's where folks are most likely to be using the Caching block.
>

> .

SCENARIO ON MULTIPLE SHEETS
Hello All, I have a work book with 25 work sheets. Sheet 1 contains the rate for my formulas. Sheet 2 ( the working sheet) uses the formula from sheet one to cost my products. In some instances there are more that 40 products that use the same rate formula. (each product requires a line). If I use the regular format I will exceed the number of variable cells. How do I create this SCENARIO. Could you give an example of what you do now? You can use VLOOKUP to get the rate from Sheet1 for your products, so I'm not sure what your problem is. Pete On Feb 5, 2:28=A0pm, kellonja...@gmail.com w...

Exhange tabs not on second domain controller.
In Active Directory Users and Computers on my main Domain controller I have the exchange tabs on each users but I do not on the second domain conrtoller. I cant remember if I had to install something to see this so can someone help? How can I view the exchange tabs on the second domain controller. Sorry for the easy question I just cant remember. Install the exchange system tools "Donnie Barnes" <DonnieBarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E705379E-3951-411A-A42E-65039F6EC2EE@microsoft.com... > In Active Directory Users and Computers on my main Doma...

Blocking email
I would like to block any and all email originating from a certain email address and domain. Can anyone tell me where I need to go to do this. I checked the default recipient policy and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Thanks, Nate Weldon This was posted to an email similiar to yours. You can use Sender filtering to block by user or by the domain. 1. Open System Manager. 2. Browse to Organization -> Global Settings -> Message Delivery ->Properties 3. Sender Filtering is under the Message Delivery Properties. 4. You can specify *@domain.com You will then nee...

Multiple VIDs in the same INF file
Hi all, I am trying to support a PCI device in my driver which is to be used by several OEMs in their products. I wonder if there are any WHQL requirements where you can't use several different VIDs in the same driver package/INF file? Obviously such a driver would work with all those devices, but one of my colleagues was under the impression that I won't be able to get this a driver signed. Is this true? I wasn't able to find any documents which stops me doing so. Thanks, Dave H *** Previously posted on microsoft.public.development.device.drivers.dtm. DaveH &l...

2 domains on sbs 2003
hello, when i send a email TO the sbs2003 it doesn't go ok. (internal it works ok). domainA gets the email by pop3 catch all and domainB direct to sbs. a user on the sbs has 2 mailadresses user@domainA.nl and user@domainB.nl i send a mail to user@domainA.nl it arrives and sbs log i see: original user@domainA.nl forwarded to domainsubstitute to user@domainB.nl Why?? BUT when someone has no domainB.nl only domainA.nl than the mail does't arrive. in the exchange recipient policy the are both domainA and B. i hope i made myself clear. can anybody help me out? regards, Mar...

File Handling and Caching
I am writing a C/C++ application that opens a set of files and reads/writes to these files in chunks/blocks called pages. There are two specific types of files used to store different sets of information. There are data files used to store the logical data records and index files used to store index references to the logical data records in the data file. The data file pagesize is determined by whether its storing variable or equal size records. For this discussion, we can ignore variable length data files and assume that data file pagesize is equal to a record size. For the index fi...

Cached Exchange mode has wrong cache?
Hi All, I have a goofball problem that I've been trying to fix to no avail. I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connecting to the exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Cached Exchange mode is enabled. My problem: When I'm connected to the server, all is well. However, if I lose my connection, I cannot view any messages. I get the blank gray screen with the words that say something about me having to be connected to view this message. If I restart outlook and choose "work offline," I get the cached copy of my old Exchange mailbox (on a different server) that I haven&...

Block top level (international) domains??
Is there a way to have Exchange block receiving from top level (international) domains? Anyone have an event sink to do this? I know Outlook 2003 SP1 and above has the option in it's junk mail settings, but wanted to know if it could be done at the server or SMTP level. TIA -Joel "Joel" <nunya@biz.org> wrote in message news:F8PUg.2146$b23.909@dukeread07... > Is there a way to have Exchange block receiving from top level > (international) domains? Anyone have an event sink to do this? > > I know Outlook 2003 SP1 and above has the option in it's ju...

Multiple day reporting
I want build a report that shows Daily Graphs for a month with 48 values for each day. The graphs would be individual where Mondays are always above Mondays, Tuesday above Tuesdays arranged in a matrix that allows easy comparison of data used in each day. ie: there would be 7 graphs accross the page and 4/5 down to cover long months. The report would be used for different months where I need to ensure the date is recognised and the appropriate 1st of the month appears in the correct day (if the 1st is a Wednesday then Monday and Tuesday would not contain data) The source data includes ...

blocked cells
Hi, In access when I press tab it jumps the blocked cells. How can I do this in Excel? I mean imagine A1 is free and b1 is locked, how can I move to c1 wich is free pressing tab from A1? Can this be done in Excel? Thanks UNcheck "Select Locked Cells" when you protect the Worksheet. 1234 wrote: > Hi, > > In access when I press tab it jumps the blocked cells. How can I do > this in Excel? I mean imagine A1 is free and b1 is locked, how can I > move to c1 wich is free pressing tab from A1? Can this be done in > Excel? > > Thanks > ...

Mapping multiple objects
Hi, I noticed that when we create Quote from Opportunity, all the products from Opportunity are mapped to the related Quote. This is a default behavious I know. Now, my question is... I have a custom entity, which has Many-to-1 relationship with System entity, such as Opportunity. So I can have many objects from custom entity to Opportunity. Now, when I create a Quote from this Opportunity, how can I map these objects to Quote which also has many-to-1 relationship from custom entity? How can I replicate the behavior similar to Opportunity products and Quote? Is this possible without w...

OWA subject blocking some characters
Hello, we have upgraded from Win2000 to Win2003 and Exch2000 tp Exch2003. The WebAccess doesn't allow us to see message with some characters such as ": % etc..". We dont have Urlsan installed. Is there a place in the reg your we can unblock these character blocking in the subject since even a repply generates a : ? ...

Cached vs Non-Cached
Hi all! Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to exchange/server 2003 combo)? Thanks! M mhaase-at-springmind.com <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote: >Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of >running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to >exchange/server 2003 combo)? Losing the connection to the server won't make the client entirely unproductive. Working while disconnected is pos...

Multiple emails sent problem
I have Outlook 2002 (latest updates), Mcafee, and Earthlink satellite Directway service. When I send attachments, the receiver receives 6-8 copies of the message. Also, it takes forever to send a small file (~300k) over my broadband connection. Eventually McAfee complains that the same email being sent too much is most likely a virus and I should stop sending the email. It's not a virus, just some glitch somewhere. Recently I changed from Norton to McAfee to see if that was the problem - nope, also I got a new computer - still happening. Any help would be great. Thanks. W...

Exchange 2007 OWA Default Domain
In 2003 it was easy to set a default domain for OWA by just typing it in and turning of integrated authentication. However this does not seem to work as slick in 2007 since it seems to turn off forms based authentication when you do this. Any ideas? Brad - Works for me. Set-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" -DefaultDomain "DomainName" - Get-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" | select *auth* InternalAuthenticationMethods : {Basic, Fba} ClientAuthCleanupLevel : High BasicAuthentication : True DigestAuthentication ...

Outlook 2003 problem with Cached Exchange Server Mode
Outlook 2003/Conjunction with Exchange 2003 has something called Cached Exchange Mode. If user uncheck this box then the local copy of the mailbox will not be created. I have lots of Shared mailboxes in our call center and users do create Cached copy of these mailboxes by accident. I want to remove this behavior so users can not create Cached Exchange Mode. We use separate profile for every mailboxes. How can I remove this default out of the box behavior check box so users, when creating profiles does not have to uncheck or check the box and no cached Exchange Mode/local copy will be cr...

Multiple Instances
I read the earlier post regarding multiple instances of Excel, the problem that I have encountered is that if I tick the option to ignore other applications, and then open a spreadsheet from explorer or an email, my excel opens but does not display any spreadsheet, just a blank instance, and I get no error messages. I had a look in the knowledge base and the fix they supply for this is to uncheck the ignore other applications box. There must be some way that I can force excel to launch in a new instance. Please can someone help me? I'm running excel 2002 with SP3. Many Thanks in ...

Vista Mail frequently blocks when deleting mail items
When deleting mail items from my various folders Mail frequently blocks. Closing and restarting mail sometimes works, but often I need to close the Winmail process (process manager) and then restart. Is there a solution to this? -- JeanDanc Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates. If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in=20 the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP pro...

Registering of a domain user as a user in CRM with name@DNSname
is it possible, to enter the user name not in the pre-Windows 2000 form? I get an error if I try this. Could it be a problem, if in the customer environment the use of pre-Windows 2000 names is restricted? Thanks in advance ------=_NextPart_0001_697491F2 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi There~ Do you mean as in adding a new CRM user? If so, you will need to enter the name as domain\username. Otherwise, if you are not able to do this use the deployment manager to add new users. This would let you get around having to add users as username@domain.local. Regards...

Analytical Accounting Account Access to multiple Dimensions
In Account Access to Transaction Dimension Codes window, we are able to assign dimension codes by specifying a particular account segment. Can we include the functionality to specifying using multiple account segments? Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Someting on this Laptop is blocking power to the PCMCIA slot, HELP!
I have three laptops what have about the same issue. We use Verizon Air Cards that use the PCMCIA slot. Verizon card model number PC770 if it matters. I had a Dell laptop that was doing this and Dell ended up replacing the mother board as it seemed it was a hardware issue. With the new mother board in there was still no power (no lights on on the card) to the card. Ended up deleting the partition and reinstalling XP. The card now works. Did the same to a Dell PC Monday. Reinstalled XP from scratch, cards works. I have a Panasonic Toughbook I'm having the same issue with. ...

To Cache Mode or not to Cache Mode
Folks, I am keen to get your views on Cached Mode. We are about to upgrade to Office 2003/Exchange 2003. We have had performance problems with the Outlook client in our current environment of Outlook 2000/Exchange 2000(the infamous 'Requesting Data' Message). Cached Mode would seem a given however we have many laptop users. Our security guys are worried about OST's being accesible if the laptop is lost. A combination of tools such as Locksmith and a password cracker for password protection on OST/PST's could be used to access the mailbox. It would be interesting to know wha...

multiple emails #2
recently whenever i send an email to someone, they receive at least 2 copies of it, sometimes 3, i just noticed that when i am sending, the in process shows 2 processes for each email that i send. anybody got any ideas. ...

Cached Mode and GAL problem
Hi, I got a strange problem about GAL in Cache mode, we used E2K3 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2, the problem is lots people could not find contacts who ever showed in GAL sometimes, I have asked the clients to delete current OAB files then download the fresh one, yes, this way could solve problem, but some days later, the client will meet the same problem again even I could see the OAB files is up to date, any suggestion? thanks in advance. Do you have more than one public folder server? Perhaps one doesn't have a current replica. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world...

Outlook cached mode
Hello, I use outlook 2003 in cached mode and exchange 2007. Everything was working fine, but: Last week my mailserver was down for several hours, i fixed the problem, but after that, outlook 2003 is not updating anymore in cahced mode. When i turn cached mode off, i see all my mails, if i turn cached mode on, i see only the mails before the crash, althoug outlook is saying that all folders are up to date. Any help? Tx, Since Cached mode creates an .OST file, the simple fix would be to delete the .OST file and let it rebuild. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Enginee...