C#.net click event associated with database error

I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below:

  When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the
'next' button, I am getting the following error:
  'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is
      not registered on the local machine'.

 I think that I  may need to change some setting I have in the visual
studio.net
2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the
'next' button.

  I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating system. When
the click event has occurred, I have just attached an excel 2003 spreadsheet
to a file in the general directory structure.
  This application runs fine in production, this error just occurs in debug
mode.
Thus can you tell me what I could change to fix my problem?

"aaron" <aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below:
>
>  When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the
> 'next' button, I am getting the following error:
>  'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider
> is
>      not registered on the local machine'.
>
> I think that I  may need to change some setting I have in the visual
> studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to
> clicking on the
> 'next' button.

No, you need to install the Jet provider. Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114

0
Jeff

Windows CE .net
I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my existing application it says it is missing part of the application. I look for the mfc dll and it is not there. I try copying the mfcce30.dll from the ARM folder inWindows CE Tools and it still doesn't work. Any ideas or am I missing something really obvious. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. TIA, Will Singer "Will Singer" <will@pdmb.com> wrote in message news:<OSwjoletEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>... > I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my >...

How to response to the event of dynamically-created and indefinite-number control
I need to dynamically create controls according to the input of user, and reponse to user's operation on these control. For example, when user input 10, I need to create 10 checkbox and reponse to the click event of these checkbox. As far as I know, if the number of control is definite or determined, I can use ordinary message map to satisfy this requirement. But in my project, the number depends on the input of user, and I can not associate a ID with a event I have tried to reponse to the WM_LBUTTONUP message in pretranslatemessage, but to my disgust, when user press the mouse button insi...

How to build a project in Visual C++.net developed in Visual C++ 6
Hi, I am Nageshwar. I have developed a project in VC++ 6.0 and OpenGL. I have installed VC++.net in my system. When I compile and build the same code in VC++.net environment, I am getting errors. I have used fstream.h to read and write to files. But this header file is showing errors in VC++.net. I have used iostrea.h header. This is also showing erros. I think I need to use a different version of headers. Please suggest me how to recover from these errors. Which header file I have use instead of fstream.h header? etc., Thanks for all who help me.. Awaiting an early response, Nageshwar ...

restoring deleted Public Folder Calendar events
Is there a way to restore a deleted event from a Public Folder Calendar? Not easily. You can restore the entire database to a recovery server and then use Outlook to move the appointment to a PST and then to the production folder. You might look into OnTrack Power Controls or Quest Recovery Manager, products that might do what you want a whole lot more easily. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Pearl" <Pearl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A523A7D-E9F5-4A1D-A414-4803F65DB8...

VBA Compile error when converting to Access 2007
I have converted a database from Access 2003 to 2007, but the VBA project will not compile/run. The problem seems to be with the DAO, but when I go into Tools References and add the MS DAO 3.6 object library back in I get an error saying 'Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library'. The code it falls over on is: Dim MyIndex As Index Set MyIndex = MyTable.CreateIndex("PrimaryKey") With MyIndex .Primary = True 'falls over on this section .Required = True .Unique = True ...

C: Drive documents and setting expansion
Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. What do I need to change so that can happen?? Thanks.. Bruce A. Julseth wrote: > Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an > expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and > Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. > > What do I need to change so that can happen?? 1. You could ...

Error 425
hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked by another application." what does this error 425 means?? pls help asap. thanks "Kworx" <hk_lim@kworx.com.my> ha scritto nel messaggio news:5CC54B26-6552-43B4-81C6-3BCF253C7FF5@microsoft.com... > hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. > > "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked > by > another application." > >...

Insert dataset to another database

compiler errors using Groupwise developer kit
IHello World, I am trying to use the Groupwise Developer Kit within a VC++ application and keep getting this series of errors for one of the Groupwise include files: C:\Novell\ndk\novell-gwtoken-devel-2006.02.22-1windows\sample\Include\gwdll.h(260): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hszCommand' C:\Novell\ndk\novell-gwtoken-devel-2006.02.22-1windows\sample\Include\gwdll.h(331): error C2501: '_tagMAC_RETURNVAL::HSZ' : missing storage-class or type specifiers I don't think the include file really has anything wrong with it, so I must be ...

utility for extracting email addresses from database
i will like to be able to extract all the users email address of my organization from the exchange database. Does anyone know of any utility out there that can extract that report to some sort of file. Mikeolo "mikeolo" <afaras@netzero.net> wrote: >i will like to be able to extract all the users email >address of my organization from the exchange database. >Does anyone know of any utility out there that can >extract that report to some sort of file. > >Mikeolo Depends on the version of Exchange. In 5.5 you can run Exchange Admin and do a directory ex...

How Many People Have Personal SQL Databases & Which Software is Most Popular?
Hi, I am writing an application that converts data into SQL table format - rows and columns. I would like to know what software packages there are that people use to create and maintain SQL databases, and how many people use each - say within the United States. Thanks for any help, Charlie ...

>right click >send to >mail recipient
i loaded msn explorer premium..bad idea. anyhow, after its installation, and even after its uninstallation, i lost the functionality of right clicking a file, and sending to a mail recipient. The option is still there, but once i click these items, nothing happens. after spending 1.5 hours with microsoft windows xp tech support...another bad idea, nothing different happens either:O anyone have a solution for this? this article x-posted to: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.publi c.outlook.general follow up to: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general s...

Event ID 9548 #2
Hi, I keep getting Event ID 9548 in my application log on my Exchange 2000 server. The warning is: Disabled user /o=ProBusiness, Inc./ou=ProBusiness/cn=Recipients/cn=username does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. I get these from time to time and I am able to follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291151&Product=exch2k to grant the necessary rights to the SELF account, but in this case the user that is mentioned in the warning does not exist in Active Directory (or at ...

.NET Framework 1.1
I have Vista Home Basic. In the Control Panel\Programs and Features I find: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SPI Microsoft Corporation Under Publisher there is nothing in the fist. Is it OK? Should I redownload it? Also, do I need both of them? Also, in Control Panel\Windows Update\View Update History, I see that Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 has failed, and was not tried again. Should I download it manually? Thanks, emf -- It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/bd/itaintm...

Error when adding a custom field through Deployment Manager
I am receiving an error when trying to add a custom field through the Deployment Manager: "An error occurred during the addition of the new field. The addition failed. For more information, see the event log". The Application event log lists the following entry: "dmLog: Failed to grant access to the regenerated view Account after inserting new attribute CFSTest." My domain login has domain admin privelages and is a member of the System Administrator role in CRM. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! this usually means the field is already there... if you c...

Using XSL in VB.net
All I want to do is execute a simple transformation in VB.net.... I know this has to be simple. I tried the following as suggested by a web page I found.... Dim xslt as New XslTransform() xslt.Load("Filename") xslt.Transform("InFile", "ResultFile") This appears to be very straightforward to me. However, this causes an error saying the code is obsolete... (I thought the whole Framework version concept meant backwards compatability, but I guess not.) it further says "You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method" Can anyone tell me how / where...

Create timeline for 2500 B.C. to 100 B.C.?
Visio only allows me to create timeline for after 1900 AD. Can I use Visio to create a timeline for 2500 BC to 100 BC? Visio's Divided timeline has exactly what I need except I can not enter BC as the start and end time. And Visio always require end time to be greater than the start time. Any suggestion on how I can do this in Visio? You're not going to be able to use the timeline because the code is linked to the system clock (only goes back to 1900). You'll have to use the vanilla shapes that come with visio. Al "Little Black Sheep" <Little Bl...

Asynchroneous Plugins Execution Error
Hi everybody, I'm developping an account post-update asyncrhoneous plugin but am having trouble running it. It's the "Synchronize Account Address" example from the "Working the Microsoft Dynamis CRM 4.0" book. I copied the code AND register.xml file. I registered succesfully the plugin, but when I update an account, nothing happens. (The Asynchroneous service IS running) I do have the following error in the Applicaton Event (posted below). I even tried a empty Execute Method to make sure there is no error in the code, but still have the error. Any ideas?? ...

MultiWorkbook Change Event Detection / Spell Checker
Excel 2003 or 2007. Looking to be able to force spell checking whenever any cell content is is changed. I've been successful on a single workbooks by adding Spell Check execution on Worksheet_Change. I'm hoping to take this one step further - make it an 'Add-In' so the check will run for any workbook. It looks like the Worksheet_Change event only triggers for the host workbook so an 'Add-in' will not do the job. Any suggestions to force spell checking on a change for any workbook/worksheet I modifiy? TIA, - Pat The way I would go about this i...

On Exit Event
On Exit Event Hello, I have a form that opens to a new record. I set the focus to a control that I want the user to populate without going any further. This code below will not work, however, because the record has yet to be created: Private Sub comSubject_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me.comSubject) Then MsgBox "You cannot leave the [Subject] field empty!" Cancel =3D True Me.Undo End If I suppose I could add a default value or make the record dirty, but that seems unnecessary. This code works too well; I can=92t move anywhere unti...

Division % error
I am using this Formula (=SUM(A3-B3)/B3) to get the +/- % but every time I have a 0 in either of the cells I get an error, how can I get the correct calculation without errors. Thanks =IF(B3=0,0,(A3-B3)/B3) no need to use sum here -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom <marc747@excite.com> wrote in message news:1b99c8b4-1906-4d94-a91d-900e4e8fbe87@v1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... >I am using this Formula (=SUM(A3-B3)/B3) to get the +/- % but every > time I have a 0 in either of the cells I get an error, how can I get > the correct calculation without errors. > Thanks First of al...

Database Object Window will not display
I have a database that nothing I have tried will cause the Database Object Window to be displayed again. I have set the start up parameters back the the default settings. I have double check the code and I do not have any code that is hidding the Database Window. I performed a compact repair. I also converted it from a 2000 DB to a 2002 - 2003 with out success. In the view options I have checked all objects. The only changed has been the database was copied from its old server location into its new location when we upgraded servers. My other databases (all 35 of them) seem to be funct...

C++ : Is it lots harder than c# and VB
Hi everyone, I learned Java whilst at university and have taught myself c# and VB.net. I think I am ok at it. I was thinking, these languages will probably be bigger in the future so I better get ready for them. But then, I also realised that COM is still quite important and so is C++. So I thought I better just try and have a look at C++ and COM. And now I'm scared. So my question is - why does C++ look so much harder than c#? For example : 1. The methods all have really stupid names that are hard to descern a function from. 2. You need to think about pointers and cleaning up ...

PO Errors
I am using RMS 1.3 with MSSQL 2000 running on windows 2003 STD with 2GB ram, Dual 2.4 Xeon, Raid 5 Server. I have a databse that is 5GB and everything runs great except when my purchaseing manager works with Purchase Orders. When going to commit a Purchase Order he receives the following run time error “Run-time error ‘-2147221503(8004001)’: Data has changed! Another user has updated this data record. The system cannot save your changes.” At the time of the error there is no one else even in POs. He also receives multiple other errors when the shipping guy is receiving on a diferrent p...

Error or Me in CHtmlView
Okay I don't think I could have possibly done anything wrong... All I did was use MFC AppWizard to create a CHtmlView program skeleton. I run the program, and of course it opens smoothly. Yet, whenever I close it, I get a 0xC0000005 (access violation). I've found the problem in stdcore.cpp (an uneditable file since it's basically the code for an already compiled DLL -- I think). So exactly what's the problem? I don't think Microsoft could have created such a huge flaw. Is it just me? -- Matt ...