C++ equivalent?

Hi,
In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like:
series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle;
But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++.


Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++:
series->MarkerSize= markerSize;
c#
series.MarkerSize= markerSize;

Thanks, Dan.




0
DanB
4/23/2010 9:41:36 PM
dotnet.languages.csharp 1931 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1044 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 12

On 23-04-2010 17:41, DanB wrote:
> In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like:
> series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle;
> But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++.
>
>
> Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++:
> series->MarkerSize= markerSize;
> c#
> series.MarkerSize= markerSize;

C++ CLI: property keyword and an argument of type String^ (or
just use a Dictionary<Something^,String^>).

Standard C++: operator overload of [] and an argument of type
string (or just use a map<something,string>).

Arne
0
ISO
4/23/2010 11:03:02 PM
Arne Vajh�j wrote:
> On 23-04-2010 17:41, DanB wrote:
>> In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like:
>> series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle;
>> But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++.
>>
>>
>> Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++:
>> series->MarkerSize= markerSize;
>> c#
>> series.MarkerSize= markerSize;
>
> C++ CLI: property keyword and an argument of type String^ (or
> just use a Dictionary<Something^,String^>).
>
> Standard C++: operator overload of [] and an argument of type
> string (or just use a map<something,string>).
>

Hi Arne,
Thanks. But I'm not looking to create this. What I'm trying to do is 
access this property in:

System::Windows::Forms::DataVisualization::Charting::Series

This is a named property rather than a plain old member, if those are 
the right words...

Native is my language, I don't know the syntax/member?/whatever to 
access this series member in managed c++, I have only seen the c# 
example. gcroot has no facility to use a bracketed access on the object. 
Nor do I know how I would do it with the handle. I'm not having a lot of 
luck with google searches as I don't really know what key words to use 
that would narrow this down.

Best, Dan.


0
DanB
4/24/2010 1:41:32 AM
On 23-04-2010 21:41, DanB wrote:
> Arne Vajh�j wrote:
>> On 23-04-2010 17:41, DanB wrote:
>>> In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like:
>>> series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle;
>>> But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++.
>>>
>>>
>>> Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++:
>>> series->MarkerSize= markerSize;
>>> c#
>>> series.MarkerSize= markerSize;
>>
>> C++ CLI: property keyword and an argument of type String^ (or
>> just use a Dictionary<Something^,String^>).
>>
>> Standard C++: operator overload of [] and an argument of type
>> string (or just use a map<something,string>).

> Thanks. But I'm not looking to create this. What I'm trying to do is
> access this property in:
>
> System::Windows::Forms::DataVisualization::Charting::Series
>
> This is a named property rather than a plain old member, if those are
> the right words...
>
> Native is my language, I don't know the syntax/member?/whatever to
> access this series member in managed c++, I have only seen the c#
> example. gcroot has no facility to use a bracketed access on the object.
> Nor do I know how I would do it with the handle. I'm not having a lot of
> luck with google searches as I don't really know what key words to use
> that would narrow this down.

something["foobar"] or something[L"foobar"] should work in C++ CLI if
something["foobar"] work in C#.

Arne
0
ISO
4/24/2010 1:53:07 AM
Arne Vajh�j wrote:
> On 23-04-2010 21:41, DanB wrote:
>> Arne Vajh�j wrote:
>>> On 23-04-2010 17:41, DanB wrote:
>>>> In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like:
>>>> series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle;
>>>> But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++:
>>>> series->MarkerSize= markerSize;
>>>> c#
>>>> series.MarkerSize= markerSize;
>>>
>>> C++ CLI: property keyword and an argument of type String^ (or
>>> just use a Dictionary<Something^,String^>).
>>>
>>> Standard C++: operator overload of [] and an argument of type
>>> string (or just use a map<something,string>).
>
>> Thanks. But I'm not looking to create this. What I'm trying to do is
>> access this property in:
>>
>> System::Windows::Forms::DataVisualization::Charting::Series
>>
>> This is a named property rather than a plain old member, if those are
>> the right words...
>>
>> Native is my language, I don't know the syntax/member?/whatever to
>> access this series member in managed c++, I have only seen the c#
>> example. gcroot has no facility to use a bracketed access on the object.
>> Nor do I know how I would do it with the handle. I'm not having a lot of
>> luck with google searches as I don't really know what key words to use
>> that would narrow this down.
>
> something["foobar"] or something[L"foobar"] should work in C++ CLI if
> something["foobar"] work in C#.
>

Hi Arne,
No, not if 'something is handle to a managed object.

The error is:
3>.\Chart.cpp(58) : error C2676: binary '[' : 'gcroot<T>' does not 
define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the 
predefined operator
~~

But I just stumbled on a work around. If I pass my chart object and 
access the series after it has been added to the chart, I can:

chart->chart->Series[ index ]["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle;

Best, Dan.
0
DanB
4/24/2010 2:06:28 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to build a project in Visual C++.net developed in Visual C++ 6
Hi, I am Nageshwar. I have developed a project in VC++ 6.0 and OpenGL. I have installed VC++.net in my system. When I compile and build the same code in VC++.net environment, I am getting errors. I have used fstream.h to read and write to files. But this header file is showing errors in VC++.net. I have used iostrea.h header. This is also showing erros. I think I need to use a different version of headers. Please suggest me how to recover from these errors. Which header file I have use instead of fstream.h header? etc., Thanks for all who help me.. Awaiting an early response, Nageshwar ...

C: Drive documents and setting expansion
Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. What do I need to change so that can happen?? Thanks.. Bruce A. Julseth wrote: > Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an > expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and > Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. > > What do I need to change so that can happen?? 1. You could ...

Create timeline for 2500 B.C. to 100 B.C.?
Visio only allows me to create timeline for after 1900 AD. Can I use Visio to create a timeline for 2500 BC to 100 BC? Visio's Divided timeline has exactly what I need except I can not enter BC as the start and end time. And Visio always require end time to be greater than the start time. Any suggestion on how I can do this in Visio? You're not going to be able to use the timeline because the code is linked to the system clock (only goes back to 1900). You'll have to use the vanilla shapes that come with visio. Al "Little Black Sheep" <Little Bl...

C++ : Is it lots harder than c# and VB
Hi everyone, I learned Java whilst at university and have taught myself c# and VB.net. I think I am ok at it. I was thinking, these languages will probably be bigger in the future so I better get ready for them. But then, I also realised that COM is still quite important and so is C++. So I thought I better just try and have a look at C++ and COM. And now I'm scared. So my question is - why does C++ look so much harder than c#? For example : 1. The methods all have really stupid names that are hard to descern a function from. 2. You need to think about pointers and cleaning up ...

Visual C++ to read Strings from Serial Port
Hi. I'm doing a project using Visual C++ to read data from Serial Port. My program needs to do *something* when it receives specific data. For eg, if the program receives "Alarm 1 Zone 4", it will do something. The data received will be variable in length. My questions: 1) Any recommendations for the serial Comm Class for Visual C++? 2) How can i compare the data i receive from serial to the specific messages i'm looking for, eg data types, size of data types, limitations & etc.? Thanks. Any comments are highly appreciated. Leng As far as the serial part goes, it i...

C#.net windows application
Since I am new to c#.net 2008 but I have worked a little with visual basic.net 2005, I have the following questions I would like to ask: 1. When I am looking at a .sln file that I will be maintaining a work, I can see there are lots of static void Main() methods in a file called program.cs throughout the solution in separate folderts. Can you tell me the purpose of this kind of code? Does this instantiate an object, is this a class libary member? 2. When running the C#.net 2008 professional version windows application, how do I know which 'main' method is being called? ...

MFC DLL Calling C# Assembly
I have been trying to get a simple mfc dll I wrote to add to numbers call a C# assembly. Here is a sample of my C++ code in my cpp file. extern "C" _declspec(dllexport) int Calc(int no1,int no2) { //result = no1 + no2; return MangedAdder(no1, no2); } #pragma managed #using <mscorlib.dll> #using <ControllerLibrary.dll> int MangedAdder(int a, int b) { ControllerLibrary::DLLController *t = new ControllerLibrary::DLLController(); return t->AddNumbers(a, b); } All I really need is an extern function in a mfc dll that calls a me...

Type Casting in C and C++
Hello NG As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: double dVal=3.14; float fVal = (float) dVal; but now I've been told that the C++ syntax should do a better job float fVal = static_cast <float>(dVal); for some reason. Is this true? Will the C++ compiler really generate different (better?) code or is it simply more writing I have to do? Thanx Richie >As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: > >double dVal=3.14; >float fVal = (float) dVal; > >but now I've been told that the C+...

C, C++ and C# Forums
Throne Software has opened up C, C++ and C# Forums at: http://www.thronesoftware.com/forum/ Join us! ...

C# extension functions using MSXML?
I'm having performance/memory problems using .NET's XslTransform class so I thought I'd give the MSXML object's a whirl. The question I haven't been able to find in these groups is can I use C# extension functions with the MSXML objects? More specifically to use a C# class which has all my extension functions. I've seen examples where the stylesheet uses the <msxsl:script> element and embeds C# code, but that's not a viable solution for my situation since I'll be maintaining lots of different stylesheets which require the same extension functions. (if ...

for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader. Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net
for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader. Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net out dated? Hi, 1. Does this seem to you to be the right Newsgroup to ask this question ? I would have suggested "microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet". 2. Is there supposed to be a difference between the Message Subject and the Message body ? Isn't the Message Subject supposed to be abbreviated ? 3. As for your question : I strongly doubt if your VS.NET can be called "o...

Application crashing because of chkesp.c error..
Hi, File : i386\chkesp.c Line : 42 The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention. What does this error mean ?/ The executable runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the client machine.. it crashes while loading.. I need to solve this issue.. how can I ?? ===== Regards, Jigar Mehta A calling convention is the protocol used to call the function (how parameters are passed and the stack is restored). Y...

Money 2005 'C' Column
I have several bank accounts that I track on my computer using Microsoft Money 2005; I store the data online, so that it can be accessed and edited by two users. A co-worker also uses the same data online; the deposits and checks written show up correctly, no matter which of us has entered the information. What does not show up is an entry in the reconciliation column. The reconciliation is done on my system. Then, the entries that are marked with a “C,” don’t display a “C” for my co-worker. She can never tell which entries have cleared the bank. It is a puzzle why all the informa...

C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)
C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) When I launch PSCP from a C# windows service and launch pscp 0.53 there are no issues. but when I use C# windows service to launch pscp 0.58 C# freezes in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)? pscp 0.58 works fine at command line, but causes C# to freeze on ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) also i noticed that the pscp process does not show in taske manager while ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) is hanging. Reguardless of the implementation of PSCP, how can ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) ever freeze ...

Hyperlinks with C++ 6.0
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with mfc i guess. I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does anyone know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I can use to do this? I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version 9 and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not show any dialog boxes, just wast...

c/c++/vc++
Hi All, I want to learn c/c++/vc++ from the basics to attend an exam. I know there are many sites for that but what i want is the one in which there is a Question and Answer scenario so that i can brush them once. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kusuma. Why do you want to do this? An exam is to show proof of your existing knowledge of a particular subject. If you simply brushed over something as complex as C++, took an exam and (somehow) passed it, what value is there in that? I assume you are wanting the exam for employment purposes. If that is correct, do ...

How to convert Delphi Record to C#?
There is an old program that I'm rewriting. The program stores the data into an array and dumps it to a file. I can't seem to properly load the file though. Here is the record I'm working with: type TMyJob = record ReceiveDate: string[10]; JobName: string[150]; Contractor: string[100]; AssignDate: string[10]; DetailerName: string[30]; end; Jobs: array of TMyJob; Does anyone know how to convert this? "Magus" <mr.magus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c234d4d2-221a-4389-802c-a1eaada8791c@v20g2000yqv.googlegroups.com... &...

decrease C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive ???
C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive Is there anything I can do to make the size of this folder to decrease? Right now, its at 10GB. Using Exchange 5.5. C drive free space is getting awefully tight... Please help... Chris H If you don't need the files, for archiving or diagnostic purposes, you can remove the files. If you do need them, then you may want to back them up before you remove them and store that backup tape separately and write protect it. Removing the files is a pretty straight-forward process. You will need to stop the IMS first... and you will likely not want to enu...

I check "windows in task bar", after restarting, it is no longer c
In Excel if I check "windows in task bar", (Tools, Opions, View Tab) after I have restarted the machine this option is now unchecked. I have unchecked "Group Similar Task Bar Buttons" in my Task Bar Properties What version of excel are you running? There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks. If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have permission to save this setting in your windows registry. I'd talk to my IT folks to find out if they can fix it. but.... Saved from a previous post....

How do I define column C so C(n) =A(n)+B(n)
I want to create a spreadsheet where some cell entries are mathematical functions of data in corresponding cells (same row) of other columns. For example, assume fixed data in columns A and B. In column C, I want C(1) to = A(1) + B(1) etc. Hi in C1 type =A1+B1 then move your cursor over the bottom right hand corner until you see a + (known as the autofill handle) hold the left mouse down and drag down the column as far as you need to go and let go, the formula will be filled in for you for each line Cheers julieD "S M Raucher" <S M Raucher@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Visual Studio 2005 C# Example?
Anyone have a solid example of using VS2005 and C#.NET to create a COM componenent. I'm having a devil of a time getting things to work... Anyone... anyone...? "sarton" wrote: > Anyone have a solid example of using VS2005 and C#.NET to create a COM > componenent. I'm having a devil of a time getting things to work... ...

Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe when compile with VC++ 6
I get below error when compile a project with VC++ 6.0. Assembling utils\x86_asm\mem_transfer_mmx.asm 'nasm' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. Anyone can help me how to fix this error? Many thank for your help. ...

access contains several objects explain the purpose of the four c
access contains several objects explian the purpose of the four most common? Patricia Perhaps you should take your homework over to an MS Access news group rather than post in this MS Excel group. Here is a listing and links to all MS groups. http://aumha.org/nntp.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:24:03 -0700, "patricia" <patricia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >access contains several objects explian the purpose of the four most common? ...

decent simple c.v.
all I want is a simple cv, do not want one which lists fourteen colleges and a nasters degree in insect dissemination went to a bog standard comprehensive and have worked all my life do not need fourteen pages of waffle just a plain basic cv with space for my name and how good I am at everything So type it up! HR departments look less kindly on people who use a standardized form rather than exhibiting a certain amount of initiative. On Mar 23, 8:41=A0am, c v <c v @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > all I want is a simple cv, do not want one which lists fourteen colleges...

fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
Hi, I am experiencing a fatal error while compiling. The exact message is : c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\eh.h (32) : fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" Could anyone please tell me how to rectify this. Thanks in advance, -Kalpaga Prolly cause of a line such as :- #ifndef __cplusplus #error "eh.h is only for C++!" #endif Presumably its not safe to use this include file in a C program (perhaps it uses some C++ only features) -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "kalpaga" <kalpaga.kanakarajan@honeywell.com> wr...