about understanding the isolated storage file

Hi!

Assume I have one exe assembly that is using three other assemblies dll.
Assume we have a method called Test in the exe assembly that is not within
any assembly dll.
This method Test is acessing the isolated storage file and in addition all
three assemblies dll is also accessing this
isolated storage file how can this be done ?

Assume also that we want to have it per Machine.
The doc says:
"Assembly/Machine This method created a store to keep information that is
specific to the calling assembly and the local machine."

So my question is if one definition of isolated storage file can be accessed
by several assemblies like my example.
Or do I have to use an isolated storage file for each assembly ?

//Tony

0
Tony

opening an excel file opens a duplicate file of the same file
i have an excel file that when i open it it opens another duplicate file of the same name with a (2) at the end of it.. if i edit one it updates the second.. how can i tell it to not open another duplicate file? It's actually opening a second window into the single workbook. Select the window you don't want to see and hit ctrl-w. Then save the workbook (or you'll be doing it again when you reopen the workbook). skm wrote: > > i have an excel file that when i open it it opens another duplicate file of > the same name with a (2) at the end of it.. if i edit one it upd...

pst file incombatibility
i have several outlook 2003 pst files which are not backward compatible with outlook 2002. I no longer have 2003. Is there any way of converting these 2003 files from unicode other than to pass them through outlook 2003? My 2003 trial version has expired and was uninstalled from my computer. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks! How does one do that. When I export from 2003, Outlook 2002 doesn't recognize the file and I am prohibited from importing it into 2002 On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:41:46 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote...

Exchange storage problem
ok, here is the problem. A few of my users has a mailbox closes to 2GB and growning. My VP is telling me they need virtually unlimited mailbox storage. Please HELP!!!! Suggestions or recommendations??? Current Config: DL360 3.4G 1-CPU 4GB RAM 150GB SCSI U320 Windows 2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2 Enterprises Exchange can support mailbox sizes larger than 2GB. If they use offline synchronization they might have problems with an OST file larger than that depending on their version of Outlook, however. If they use Outlook 2003, they might have problems with cached mode. Search the ...

Handling very large files (too many rows)
I'm trying to analyse a set of data. However, the data is a CSV fil with almost 1.5 million rows, which somewhat excedes the 65 thousand o so that excel can handle. However, excel is what I'm used to. If ther any convenient way to import so much data? Alternately, can anyon recomend a different means to observe and process that amount of data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I really think that is way too much for Excel, even if you break it into bits. What you should use depends on how you want to analyse the data. Access can handle that quantity of data. Maybe, if...

convert multiple wp51dos files to ms word
we create 20 files a day and would like to convert these wp51dos files to ms word. thank you for reply in advance. You can download the old WP for DOS converter from my web site or You could purchase File Merlin -http://www.file-convert.com/products.htm which may (or may not) give better results or You could consider getting rid of the ancient WP51, move into the 21st century and produce the documents in Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web s...

incrementally find a file
Hi, Can someone show me how to incrementally find a file in a project inside the Visual Studio? That is, while you type the part of a file name, VS shows all the files that currently match the part you are typing. You can select one from the list of files whenever you spot the one interesting you. Please help. Thanks. Tony ...

How do you remove recent files listed in Publisher 2007 under File
I can not find a setting in Publisher 07 to remove the recently opened files under the File menu. Tools, Options or Tools, Customize do not have anything. Any ideas short of reinstalling? Thank you. ccain In the registry... Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk. To clear the list of recently used ...

my files won't load completely in excel
I am trying to load data into excel from an internet site and when I go to open the file in excel it tells me that the file didn't load completely. So my data isn't showing up correctly in excel. Any ideas............... Any chance that the data you're retrieving is more than 64k lines? Excel only has 65536 rows per worksheet. Emilee wrote: > > I am trying to load data into excel from an internet site and when I go to > open the file in excel it tells me that the file didn't load completely. So > my data isn't showing up correctly in excel. Any ideas.....

Publisher cannot open files from a different version (again!)
I've gone through lots of messages about this problem and have tried the Norton and dragging the file to the desktop suggestions but neither have worked. My version of Publisher is: Microsoft Publisher 2000 SR-1. I have received a CD today which has 3 templates on it which I need to access but I keep getting the above error message. On the files I can't open it says the version is Publisher 2000 Version 6. I really am not technical but I presume that means it is a newer version than my own, yet they are both Publisher 2000 - will I need to purchase a newer version of Publishe...

Best Approach to data storage in memory
Hi, using VB.NET i have the following design / implementation issue. We're designing an insurance underwriting project, which i describe a bit in english For every insurance policy there could be an undetermined number of properties to the policy (for example property investors etc). my question is what would be the best way to store these in memory before commiting them to the database while performing business logic. My question is what would be best for editing entries? List(of t) or datatable? Many thanks for your help Simon "Simon Whale" &...

File Handling and Caching
I am writing a C/C++ application that opens a set of files and reads/writes to these files in chunks/blocks called pages. There are two specific types of files used to store different sets of information. There are data files used to store the logical data records and index files used to store index references to the logical data records in the data file. The data file pagesize is determined by whether its storing variable or equal size records. For this discussion, we can ignore variable length data files and assume that data file pagesize is equal to a record size. For the index fi...

Temporary save files and their accesibility
Hello, We recently altered an Excel workbook and have subsequently saved it, we have since found that ideally we would take step back in time and not make the changes we have. I have looked around the discussion topics only to be disappointed by some of the replies stating that what I’m asking is impossible. But here goes anyway: It is my understanding that when Excel saves it has a randomly named temporary file that it saves to, upon successful save the file is renamed to that of the file you are working on and the previously saved file is deleted. With that in mind surely there i...

Storage Folders Again
I just saw a post and it took care of it. Thanks to whoever is reading this. ...

NDR Understanding
Hello folks. We have SBS 2003 running with Exchange SP2. An external user is able to send mail to the domain accounts without issue, unless she attaches a QuickBooks file. Then an NDR is generated. I'm looking in the Message Tracking Center and I see the "Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing" and "Message Submitted to Categorizer", then the NDR generation. The external user received "Delivery to the following recipients failed" in the NDR. She was able to forward the message to the same domain user with the NDR. I am unable to determine why this NDR...

NK2 files
Article Q287623 asks us to clear the NK2 files on the system to get my automatic address completion to work. I have searched and searched (with display hidden files option turned on) and am unable to find any *.NK2 files on the system. Any thoughts would be appreciated. This may be a dumb question, but you are using Outlook 2002, correct? Do you have the option to suggest names while completing... checked in Tools | Options | E-Mail Options | Advanced E-Mail Options? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstic...

Where are Outlook files kept?
I want to transfer my Outlook files and folders from my current HD to my new one. I'll do this by burning CD-R discs and after installing the new HD, copying them to the new drive. I can't find any folders called "Mail", "Inbox", or any of the folders I created in Outlook by searching My Computer. Dell Inspiron 600m; Win XP; Outlook 5? (Details discloses that Outlook is version "10.0.4510.0"). Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net Thi...

Write File with unsigned char*
Hello, I writing a soap-client, which receives base64-files. I have got the size of the received file and an unsigned char-pointer to this file. How can I save it? CFile::Write does not work with unsigned char*. Any ideas? Sven "Sven Eichenm�ller" <sven@eichenmueller.de> wrote in message news:fufc23$pqn$02$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > I writing a soap-client, which receives base64-files. > I have got the size of the received file and an unsigned char-pointer to > this file. > How can I save it? CFile::Write does not work with unsigned char*. ...

Adding a sound file
I use XP office and am creating my first slide show and I am having trouble adding the .wav file so it will stay in the presentation when it is emailed. I have use office help and I am not having any success. The slide show works fine on my PC but when I email it out there is no sound on the recipients computer when they open the .pps file I send. So what could I be doing wrong here? Please help this is important to be achieved! Hi JP This should help: Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or email a presentation http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ0...

Under file
how do I get the 4 documents that I worked with to stop showing up Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk. 1. Click Start and then click Run. 2. In the Open box, type regedit and then press ENTER. The Registry Editor starts. 3. Delete one of the following registry keys, depending on which version of Publisher you are using:. Publish...

Recovery Storage Group #19
I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I restored - from backups - an older InformationStore DB into the RSG to retrive an email account. All went well; however, now that I am done with the DB when I go to delete it from the RSG it errors out with The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is busy. IDno:c104173c Echange System Manager I am right mouse clicking on the store inside the RSG and selecting delete. The store is unmounted. Any ideas? I restarted the Email server and that cleared the problem for me. "Andy3691" wrote: > I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I ...

Trouble understanding recipient/size limits on Exchange.
I'm trying to understand the recipient/size limits for Exchange and what takes priority. I'm still a little confused after even after reading the article. The following example is from article ID 322679: Example 2 In this example, the following size limits have been configured: . The global setting is set to 2 MB. . The Exchange 2000 SMTP connector is set to 5 MB. . The SMTP virtual server is set to 2 MB. . The user mailbox setting is set to 3 MB. The global setting is 2 MB. Therefore, all the users who are using the default global setting in the Exchange 2000 S...

OE DBX files
I received some DBX files that I need to get into Outlook 2000. How can I convert these DBX files so I can get them into Outlook 2000? Thank you in advance. Open them in Outlook Express and then use Outlook to import them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Judd asked: | I received some DBX files that I need to get into Outlook | 2000. How can I conv...

How do I get XP to understand that I have gone back to Outlook Express as my current email application
When I installed Outlook 97 in my XP Home system, it wouldn't deliver or receive mail, saying, "No Transport Provider". Outlook Express was working fine, with the settings for account name, pw, POP3, server, SMTP server, already put in. I just wanted some of the additional features that come with Outlook97. When I tried to add a "Service", however, it seemed to only accept the Microsoft Mail Postoffice as the source/destination for email. There seemed to be no way to tell it to use an SMTP/POP protocol service. So I tried installing IMEP, and SR1 and SR2 as su...

Microsoft Word Error when attaching .doc files to web based email
I'm not sure when this started, I think when I installed Microsoft Sec. Essentials. But for a bit of background I'm running Windows 7 -64 bit with Office 2007 Enterprise. Anyways whenever I use hotmail or netaddress (my 2 web based email accounts) and I attach a file I get two popup errors. "You cannot close Microsoft Office Word because a dialog box is open. Click OK, switch to Word, and then close the dialog box. The next one says Word has encountered a problem. If I click on help it says, There is a problem saving the file. Then talks about not enough...

Specific file path in ODBC connection string
Does anybody know if it is possible to specify a specific file path for a .DBF database file in an ODBC connection string used in the CDatabase or CRecordset classes? I mean something that would override the default path for the ODBC Data Source like CString MyRecordset::GetDefaultConnect() { return _T ("ODBC;DSN=MyDataBase;Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]"); } - or - CRecordset rec; rec.open (CRecordset::snapshot, "Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]", CRecordset::readOnly); ....? You can if you use the Jet engine. Use CDaoRecordset instead of CRecordset Ali R. "Doug Dean&...