Why does my delete routine cause 2 rows to be removed from my DataGridView?

All,

My code (below) causes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView when I
expect it to delete 1.

I'm going around circles...can someone please steer me in the right
direction?

Thanks,

In the following code,
> clicking the Yes button makes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) but only 1 delete from the underlying db (as desired).
> clicking the No button makes 1 row disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) with none deleting from the underlying db (as desired).
> clicking the Cancel button has the same effect as clicking the No button.

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?  In addition, if anyone knows
of a good working sample of code where you can delete all of the
"highlighted" rows from a DataGridView (if that's what you want) I'm
all ears!  (Or eyes.)

Private Sub BindingNavigatorDeleteItem_Click(ByVal sender As
BindingNavigatorDeleteItem.Click
        Dim myAnswer As System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult =
MessageBox.Show("Once you delete a button, it's gone.  Delete it?",
"Delete?", MessageBoxButtons.YesNoCancel)
        Select Case myAnswer
            Case Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Yes
                If Me.TBL_TimersDataGridView.SelectedRows.Count > 0
AndAlso _
                    Not
Me.TBL_TimersDataGridView.SelectedRows(0).Index = _
                    Me.TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.Count - 1 Then
                    Me.TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.RemoveAt( _
Me.TBL_TimersDataGridView.SelectedRows(0).Index)
                    Me.TBL_TimersBindingSource.EndEdit()
Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(Me.L55TimerDataSet)
                End If
            Case Windows.Forms.DialogResult.No
                Me.Focus()
            Case Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Cancel
                Me.Focus()
        End Select
End Sub
0
Patrick
4/23/2010 2:39:21 AM
dotnet.general 306 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Uh, nevermind, I forgot that the "autogenerated" code for the button
was still being run.

So I added my own button in it's place, and the following code, which
enables multi-row delete and asks the user if they are sure first.

    Private Sub butMyDel_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles butMyDel.Click
        Dim myAnswer As System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult =
MessageBox.Show("Once you delete a button, it's gone.  Delete it?",
"Delete?", MessageBoxButtons.YesNoCancel)

        Select Case myAnswer
            Case Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Yes ' If the user clicks
the Yes button
                'And at least 1 row is selected
                If Me.TBL_TimersDataGridView.SelectedRows.Count > 0
AndAlso _
                    Not
Me.TBL_TimersDataGridView.SelectedRows(0).Index = _
                    Me.TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.Count - 1 Then '
And the row selected is not the new row row
                    For Each dgvRow As DataGridViewRow In
TBL_TimersDataGridView.SelectedRows 'For each selected row

Me.TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.RemoveAt(dgvRow.Index) 'Delete the
selected row
                    Next
                    Me.TBL_TimersBindingSource.EndEdit() 'And update
everything

Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(Me.L55TimerDataSet)
                End If
            Case Windows.Forms.DialogResult.No
                Me.Focus()
            Case Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Cancel
                Me.Focus()
        End Select

    End Sub
0
Patrick

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Age calculation #2
Hi, I'm looking for a formula to give a better response on age calculation. I have a list of computers with the data they were purchased on. I want to know how old they are. Here is what I have so far: G1 contains =today() to give current date F14 is the purchase date of the first computer in the list G14 is this formula, which tells me how many months old the computer is: =($G$1-F14)/30 The problem is that it tells me that the computer is 90 months old, which is correct, but I want to see that its 7.5 years old. Dividing that by 12 gives the answer, but there are newer computer...

Reply #2
Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the default which in this case is No, when I need it to save as Yes Many thanks anyway John PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. JohnUK wrote: > Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the > default which in this case is No, when I need it to save > as Yes > Many thanks anyway > John > PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides > the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. If indeed you even see this, PLEASE do NOT change the su...

Rule for Deleted Items

Time Card Report #2
Does anyone know if there is a more user friendly template for Time Card report ? We pay employees every 2 weeks and whenever I run a 2 week report, it only shows one date and below this date it sums up 2 dates of cumulative time worked instead of showing the isolated 2 dates. In other words, under a Monday 5/1, it will show 15 hours which actually means that the person worked cumulatively 15 hours on Monday 5/1 AND Monday 5/8... but Time Card report doesn't show the 5/8 separately which is quite confusing and invonvenient. Any help would be highly appreciated! Here is an addit...

1.2 Integration Release
Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", but "soon" is now turned into months. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com I have NO real information, but if I had to guess it would be announced just prior to or during Convergence (3/21- 24). >-----Original Message----- >Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", >but "soon" is now turned into months. > >-- >Brandon >IT Director >Present...

Referring to Names #2
Hi Frank I'm looking for something that's easy to copy across. Say column A contains an alpha and columns B to X contain variou numerical values with range created names of Bdata to Xdata. I'm wondering if there is any way of writing the formul Sumif(Alpha,A,Bdata) by referring Bdata to a cell reference instead o using the term "Bdata" itself, so that I can change the cell and brin up the relevant result. Hope this makes sense Timmy Ma -- Timmy Mac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

hello #2
hello how am i able to give a percantage discount on the pos screen. i have a dollar retail bussiness and some times customer buys for example 50 or 100 candles from me for a weeding. so is their a way that i can give her 8% discount. so it should be something like this .... 0000123 white taper candles $1.00 x 100 = $100.00 minus 8 % = $100.00 - 8% = $92.00 92.00 plus tax thanx in advance From POS do Shift-F3 to get to the Discounts tab and take a look at the variations. You should be able to accomplish what you need. Richard "Adnan" wrote: > hello > how am i able t...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

I want to catch the "Save on Exit" routine
I need to take an action when the user presses the X in the upper right corner on a document that has been modified but not saved. Preferably, I would like to do this after the Word query to save or not has been answered with a yes. Could anyone show me how to accomplish this? There is no way to force this on a user as it requires macros and you cannot force a user to run macros if he chooses not to. However you could add an autoclose macro to the document template to force a save if the document in a loop that will continue until the document is saved: Sub AutoClose() ...

Follow Up Flag #2
When I set a follow up flag in Outlook 2000 it inserts a default time of 18:00. Is there a way to alter this default or do I have to change the time manually for every flag I set? ...

Conditional Formating #2
Good morning to everyone. Does anyone know if Conditional Formating have an issue in the charts? i have make text boxes which bring values from another sheet and i want to show the figures inside as green when i have an improve or red if i have damage. Any suggestions? Ps I am using EXCEL XP edition Regards Bill Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart You could change the formula, to calculate if an amount is greater or less than the previous amount. Bill wrote: > Good morning to everyone. > >...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Transfer of data #2
I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page. Basically it is a payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount, etc and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the database). On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals. I need it to update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not last 7 days or last 30 days. How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs to do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the curren...

Problem with OAB #2
After the migration of Exchange 2003 server, users began to get error reports "Microsoft Exchange offline 0X8004010F". OAB Version 2 and other site folders were not properly replicated from previous server and now these folders have replication status "data not available". I've tried to recreate site folders (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822444) but it doesn't solve the problem. Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance. ...

How to delete chart

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat scheduled for May 7 #2
On Thursday, May 7th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT. In this chat, our experts will take questions on Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Dynamics RMS. If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site appro...