User Name&Password keep prompting when access network via domain n

Dear All,
Anyone can help me? I have been trying to access one of our server \\myserver.
It keep telling me to input my network id and password.

I have already tried to do the command "ipconfig\flushdns" and
"ipconfig\registerdns" and also hardcode the our server name with the correct
ip address in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host file.

I have many users also have the same problem. Pls help !!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra Poh
5/12/2010 3:51:02 AM
dotnet.general 306 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sandra Poh wrote:
> Dear All,
> Anyone can help me? I have been trying to access one of our server \\myserver.
> It keep telling me to input my network id and password.
> I have already tried to do the command "ipconfig\flushdns" and
> "ipconfig\registerdns" and also hardcode the our server name with the correct
> ip address in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host file.
> I have many users also have the same problem. Pls help !!!!!!!!!!!
> Regards
> Sandra Poh

You need to post to a forum based on the Windows O/S being used. This is
a dotnet programmer's forum you're posting to now.

Is there any italian user?
Is there any italian user? How to adapt MS Money to Italy? Raffaello ...

User in more than one user class?
Is it possible to add a user to more than one user class? We have a user who will temporarily need the accesses of another user class while retaining her current accesses. The only method I saw for adding the accesses is to do them individually for the user. Is there a better way to do this? Perhaps adding the user to the second user class temporarily or create a new user class with the accesses of the two classes in question? Thank you. For versions 9.0 and prior a user can only be in 1 security class at a time. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "d...

Publisher 2007 file is listed on my network, but the file wont ope
After designing a publisher application with Microsoft Office 2007, I have saved the document to my local network, and ALAS, the folder containing the file is "empty", but clicking on the folder shows the document(properties, size etc.) but I cannot open/edit/rename the file! Any help is greatly appreciated. Can you open the file if you drag it to your local hard drive? -- Mary Sauer "jtjordan_design" <> wrote in message > After desi...

All User Global Address List
I have modified the security settings for the all user object in the global address book. This was done to stop users from reading from it The problem is that no one can read from it, that includes the exchange server. IS there a way to restore the default security setting for this object I have tried the ADSI tool but this cannot access it. Would appreciate any help. Thanks! How did you change it the first time? You can't undo what you did? -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "Phillip Davies" <Phillip> w...

Problem : After the migration, a user X with outlook can access to their mailbox X but the user Y can't access to mailbox X. The users rights are losed. I migrated Windows and Exchange 2000 to Windows and Exchange 2003 (Creating of a new windows Intranet 2003 with a new servers, new forest and new domain) Before the migration the mailbox X (or agenda) was shared. A user Y could access to mailbox X. The migration - ADMT - wizard Exchange Migration - wizard Clean Active directory After the migration, on the new network Windows 2003 a user X with outlook can access to their mailbox ...

How to provide users with a standard config of outlook
Hi, Outlook 2003 We would like to provide users with a start configuration of outlook. Thinking about: - Predefined shortcuts to some public folders - A number of contact folders (public folders) added to the Outlook Address book - Would be really great to be able to supply everybody with the same categories for appointments or tasks - Standard color coding for items (tasks, appointments for example. I have no clue how to provide for this. I would think about a way to export the settings and import them for the users. But cannot find any way of doing this. I tried to copy de userprof...

Users not showing up All Users

Opening Access db via DAO in
Hi In my app I am trying to open a db via DAO as below; Imports dao Dim dbSynch As dao.Database dbSynch = DBEngine(0).OpenDatabase("C:\MYDB.MDB") The problem is that on the last line I am getting the error 'DBEngine' is a type and cannot be used as an expression. What am I doing wrong? Many Thanks Regards Try: Dim dbSync As DAO.Database Set dbSync = OpenDatabase("C:\MYDB.MDB") -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP "John" <> wrote in message...

OMA Error for some users
Hello, I have an error logged for some users trying to use OMA. The user have an error "Domain Controller offline" and this event is logged on the Exchange 2003 FE (running Windows 2003). An idea ? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeOMA Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 1904 Date: 19.03.2004 Time: 16:32:15 User: N/A Computer: FE3 Description: Unable to connect to the global catalog server. To fix this problem, verify that network connectivity exists between this server and the global catalog servers. Also, verify that the global catalog servers are working properly. For ...

email from access and automatical attach a PDF file
What i would like to do is for a PDF to be printed and then attached to a email to send to a customer, Is there a easy way to do this with access with our attaching the pdf to the email after it has been saved Thanks Simon Simon <> wrote: >What i would like to do is for a PDF to be printed and then attached >to a email to send to a customer, For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at

Moving user data from Exch2K org to Exch2K3 org?
Hi, Hopefully an easy question: If I want to use Exmerge to first extract data out from old Exchange 2000 server in a Windows 2000 AD and then import the .PST files into a completely different Exchange 2003 server on a different Windows 2003 AD, then which versions of Exmerge do I use? Like this: Exmerge from Exchange 2000 SP3 to export into .pst files and then the Exmerge that is part of Exchange 2003 to import the .pst files to mailboxes on the Exchange 2003 server? Is this the correct way to do it, if there are no connections or trusts or connectivity between the two domains/Exchange orga...

Select Case fails to fire with Data Users
Win2000 and Access 2003 I recently fixed the clutter of my form designs by going to a single subform control and a tab control. The subform has a null source object value which then gets loaded via the tab control's OnChange Event: Private Sub TabCtl_Change() If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False Select Case Me.TabCtl Case 0 Me.sfrmCtl.Visible = False Case 1 Me.sfrmCtl.Visible = True Me.sfrmCtl.SourceObject = "sfrmLocationsLocationIDs" Me.sfrmCtl.LinkMasterFields = "txtLocationID" ...

Macro to keep 15 specific records and delete everything else.
Hi Gang, I work inventory control for a company in Texas and have to check stock levels for around 15 parts daily. The download for these parts contain an additional 1000 other rows of part numbers I dont need. I have used Excel macros in the past that delete rows based on specific criteria but how do I do the reverse? Essentially use an Excel macro that says "keep these 15 specific part numbers" but delete everything else that isnt them. I posted this question mistakenly in an Access forum so my aplogies if this looks like a double post. Your help is greatly appreciated. Sam...

Automatic send out message via outlook
Dear. When I use internal dev system send out message via Citrix outlook XP, the screen are prompted that "An application is trying to access the address book. Do you want to do this". A progress bar follows and after it times out the "ok" button is enabled. A combo box prompts users to "allow access for" 1-10 minutes. I am in a large corp and have many users. This causes much confusion. Is their any way to disable the prompting. Please advice. Thanks Jackie Wong No, there is no method to disable this feature. You might want to take a look at the following l...

How to delete a user from AD without CRM troubles?
Hello! Can you state the recomended procedure in CRM before a user is deleted from the AD (eg. when someone leaves the company) so that there will be no troubles in CRM? Is there a way to retrieve the license of a user that was deleted from AD before been disabled in CRM? -- SiEBEN Innovative Solutions ������� ������ 28, 141 21, �. ��������, ����� ���: +30 2 10 2724433 Fax: +30 2 10 2724439 Hi, here is a procedure: 1. Remove CRM license of the user 2. Disable the user in CRM 3. Delete the user from the AD. Erik "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgrou...

two CRM User to one AD user
Hi, I Have in MSCRM 30 two users which are connected to the same AD User. The users in MS CRM has the same names two. No I Have a problem with the repair fuktion of MS CRM, the protokol says it is one of this User in MS CRM. How can I delete one of the two users in MS CRM. Thanks you a lot for your helping! Alwin ...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Can Excel 2003 prompt before Autosaving?
In Excel 2000 you could have the Autosave prompt you before saving. I can't find this feature in 2003, just the Autosave. Chris There is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes normally without incident. BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine. I have...

Office 2007 intalled but get error message when accessing applicat
Hi, I have Office Professional installed on my laptop but every time I try to run any office application I get the following error message. "Microsoft Office <Program Name> Has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application" I am the only user and I have re-installed the program but I still get the same error message when trying to use Word or Excel. Any idea's? Ray Woods ...

User Cant Create Items in Public Calendar
Hi, We are running Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server Edition with Exchange 2003 version. One of my user cant create entries in Public Calendar folder. How can I fix it? Please help. Thanks, Rana Have the user right click the pf, properties, go to summary tab, what is the permissions that the user has? James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ On Mar 14, 12:58 pm, "ITPro07" <> wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server Edition with > Exchange 2003 version. One of my...

List of names that can be divide by catagory in a single step
I have a worksheet that has several names, Numbers and catagories. I am looking how to get excel to sort the worksheet by the catagories to come up with a short list. For example. I have five district but there are 20 district managers and I wan the info by a certain district and just see those district names. I know about the check and uncheck boxes but is there a macro that can do this automattically? Have you tried autofilter? If that doesn't work, let us know. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Prossygk" wrote: > I have a worksheet that has severa...

Restrict Users to Their Information Only
Here's a newbie question? I have a database that is used by several people to log their work. Unfortunately, every one can see everybody elses work log items. I would like for each individual user to only see their data and no one else. Also, the supervisor of each individual would need to see all of his or her employees work log items. What is the best way to do this? A query or a linked database. Thanks Hello "Ranger7957". "Ranger7957" wrote: > Here's a newbie question? I have a database that is used by several > people to log their work. Unfor...

Giving access to a user's mailbox to another user.
Exchange server V5.5 & Outlook2K I want to give user X full access to ALL folders in user Y's mailbox (user Y has left the company). At the moment, I have to set permissions on each of the folders of Y's mailbox, for user X, to access that folder. Is there a way I can tell Exchange/Outlook, in one hit, to give user X full access to user Y's mailbox? -- Julian Milano i believe all you have to do is go to user Y's user object in AD. Click on exchange advanced tab, then click on the mailbox rights button. Then give User X full mailbox access. Then in user x's outl...

CRM 1.2 add user fails for OU users. Domain root users OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike What kind of error messages do you get? It sounds like a AD security issue. Is the user you are logged in as a Domain Admin? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ------------...

There should be a mail merge feature between excel and access.
I love how mail merge works in Word. I want to see a feature like that for Excel. More specifically, I want to take data from Access and merge it into invoices that I make in Excel. bum, I do that all the time. You can do it using VLOOKUP formulas and keying them to a unique value from your table, then either manually selecting the value from a list, or using a macro to cycle through all the appropriate values. If you are interested, I can give you sample code. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "bumrush_thesock" <> wrote in message n...