SQL Server Express 2008 - missing service

Hi,

I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine.

The new machine is windows 7.

I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008

Here are my steps i did.

I installed Visual Studio 2008
Installed VS2008 sp1

Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005
version ).

Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed.
It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1.

Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a
server installed.
I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the 'sql server services'
there is absolutly nothing there.

Is there something I still need to setup / or a walk through I can watch /
read to install this properly?

Thanks.

Miro

0
Miro
3/31/2010 7:54:19 PM
dotnet.general 306 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I got this working.

A full re-install and followed these instructions did the trick.
http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/install-and-configure-sql-server-2008-express

Cheers'

Miro

"Miro" <miro@beero.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine.
>
> The new machine is windows 7.
>
> I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008
>
> Here are my steps i did.
>
> I installed Visual Studio 2008
> Installed VS2008 sp1
>
> Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the
> 2005 version ).
>
> Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed.
> It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1.
>
> Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a
> server installed.
> I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the 'sql server services'
> there is absolutly nothing there.
>
> Is there something I still need to setup / or a walk through I can watch /
> read to install this properly?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Miro

0
Miro

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Help with .rar, .wmv files in outlook express Newsgroups
Help! I'm using outlook express but I've had this trouble even when I was using netscape to view newsgroups. Our group exchanges a lot of video in .rar and .wmv formats. When I view the list of headers and click to view the first attachment (01 of 25, for example), I can always open the very first one. But any attachment after that comes up a window full of "chinese"--you know, a bunch of text code stuff. Why does this happen? How can I get 02-25 (for example)? Delish71 Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of M...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

Outlook Express #238
Does anyone know why a PDF file attachment that comes in through Outlook Express opens up as a word docoment and not a PDF file. I have Adobe installed. If I save the document and open it through Adobe it's fine. Please assist! Rimma <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know why a PDF file attachment that comes in > through Outlook Express opens up as a word docoment and > not a PDF file. I have Adobe installed. If I save the > document and open it through Adobe it's fine. Please > assist! Registry association? -- Brian Tillman ...

Computerworld article on Mac Office 2008
Computerworld has a story giving a preview of Mac Office 2008. They have quotes from some key people at Microsoft who were involved in Mac Office 2008's development. The story can be read at this link: http://tinyurl.com/3be8p6 ...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

sql summarizing help

Project Server Cube Build Issue
I think I screwed up the install order on the SQL DMO components. According to MSDN: " At this time, do not use the feature packs for SQL Server 2008 to install and download these components, as those files will not allow you to build cubes in SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with Project Server 2007." However, I didn't read that carefully enough and installed the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects Collection instead of the 2005 version. Now I can't install the 2005 version even if I uninstall the 2008 version. The setup fails with the "highe...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

WSUS 3.0 on SBS 2008 Best Practise
Is there any way to get the WSUS 3.0 databse on SBS 2008 to just contain updates that are required? When I install WSUS 3.0 on SBS 2008 I find myself having to decline thousands of un approved updates just to get WSUS 3.0 to a point where it only show updates that require approval for the machines on the SBS 2008 domain. I`d like if WSUs 3.0 only displayed updates that require approval. any suggestions gladly welcome. thanks, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CAE77F.3B3AE9E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"...

Using Variables in XPath Expression
I have a textBox that contains a string values. I need to take this string and use it as criteria for an XPath Expression. Here's what I have. Why isn't it working??? string s = textBox1.Text; XPathExpression expr; expr = myXPathNavigator.Compile("/NewDataSet/note[@to=$s]"); ----Matt ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- You can't retrieve va...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Server
Working in a large office we have recently replaced our exchange server. The new server has a different name fom the old one. For the vast majority of users this has not caused a problem. One user about once a week cannot open hois Outlook and the server name reverts back to the old server name. Please help ! ...

Can someone tell me some newsgroup server about AI or datamining?
Hi, all I am sorry to post my question here, but i really need help from everyone here. I have googled for newsgroup talking about AI or dataming for a long time, however, it ends no result. Can someone show me any newsgroup servers just like msnews.microsoft.com, then I would post my question there and gather helps from those experts. Best wishes Hi, there are endless resources in the internet, you just have to look for the right words and places: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/computer_science/artificial_intelligence/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artif...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...

Outlook access to mail servers blocked
For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry account - any ideas folks? I am r...

Why don't I have a 'Send' button on my outlook express email page
I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook Express email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the page so that I can get the email sent off. Where is it....or how can I find it??? "rednil" <rednil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFFAA00-0E21-4704-B603-DC033EA95A78@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook > Express > email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the > page so that I can get the...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...