SQL Server Express 2008 - missing service

Hi,

I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine.

The new machine is windows 7.

I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008

Here are my steps i did.

I installed Visual Studio 2008
Installed VS2008 sp1

Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005
version ).

Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed.
It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1.

Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a
server installed.
I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the 'sql server services'
there is absolutly nothing there.

Is there something I still need to setup / or a walk through I can watch /
read to install this properly?

Thanks.

Miro

0
Miro
3/31/2010 7:54:19 PM
dotnet.general 306 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I got this working.

A full re-install and followed these instructions did the trick.
http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/install-and-configure-sql-server-2008-express

Cheers'

Miro

"Miro" <miro@beero.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine.
>
> The new machine is windows 7.
>
> I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008
>
> Here are my steps i did.
>
> I installed Visual Studio 2008
> Installed VS2008 sp1
>
> Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the
> 2005 version ).
>
> Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed.
> It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1.
>
> Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a
> server installed.
> I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the 'sql server services'
> there is absolutly nothing there.
>
> Is there something I still need to setup / or a walk through I can watch /
> read to install this properly?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Miro

0