Program stops executing

I have an instance such that any VB program will not work on a certain
PC.

It used to, but now the VBNET2005 generated executable will now not
execute.

I have tried creating a simple project with just a form on it with
Hello World in a textbox and even that will not execute in runtime.

There is no question of the framework not being installed because it
comes standard in the Windows XP SP2 and I have SP3 installed on the
PC.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DotNet framework and this has
NOT resolved the issue.

Can anyone please shed some light on this matter for me as I am
running out of ideas.

Many thanks in advance for any feedback.
0
ngrTerry
4/29/2010 9:22:52 AM
dotnet.general 306 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 4/29/2010 5:22 AM, ngrTerry wrote:
> I have an instance such that any VB program will not work on a certain
> PC.
>
> It used to, but now the VBNET2005 generated executable will now not
> execute.
>
> I have tried creating a simple project with just a form on it with
> Hello World in a textbox and even that will not execute in runtime.
>
> There is no question of the framework not being installed because it
> comes standard in the Windows XP SP2 and I have SP3 installed on the
> PC.
>
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DotNet framework and this has
> NOT resolved the issue.
>
> Can anyone please shed some light on this matter for me as I am
> running out of ideas.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any feedback.

If it gives an error when launching, what is the error?

If it does not give an error, are you running from a network share?  Can
you possibly run the "Hello World" app from the c:\ drive?

--
Mike
0

Uninstalled the DotNet framework. Deleted any folders in ProgramFiles
related to Framework, cleaned registry entries and reinstalled
framework....
0
ngrTerry

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

Exchange 2000 has stopped sending mail
Our Exchange 2000 server has stopped sending outbound mail this morning. It has been running fine for years, and then out of the blue, everything that is not local delivery is backing up in the SMTP queue. Our internet service is running fine, as is the firewall, with port 25 open. All of the services are running and have been restarted twice. Can sommeone please offer some suggestions on what I might do to further troubleshoot this, I am simply at a loss. Thanks. On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:25:59 -0700, "traviss" <traviss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our Excha...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Money stopped working with WAMU
Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money downloads stopped working with those accounts. I upgraded to Money Plus and this is still not working. Microsoft Support is non responsive. Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Thanks, -Lary wrote: > Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money > downloads stopped working with those accounts. I upgraded to Money Plus and > this is still not working. Microsoft Support is non responsive. Can anyone > help me resolve this problem? > > Thanks, > I downloaded two ...

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

How do I stop plotted data from going to zero in a line chart?
Text in cells are plotted as zeros in Excel 2003 with Windows XP. Use #N/A instead of text. Jerry Dozier wrote: > Text in cells are plotted as zeros in Excel 2003 with Windows XP. I have multiple columns and enter tradiing (commodity) date daily. Formulae are in the columns which become values when the daily data is entered. I have been using Lotus and am trying with difficulty to convert to Excel "Dozier" wrote: > Text in cells are plotted as zeros in Excel 2003 with Windows XP. Formulas must return sumething (Excel has no missing or empty cell value). Anything o...

multiple text boxes when pasting in text from other programs
When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen in Publisher 2000. Is there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text box creation and allow an entire article to go in as pasted? Miss Mood wrote: > When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs > into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own > separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen > in Publi...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

Word 2007 menu option missing from start programs menu
Office 2007 is installed on my computer and can only be accessed by going to the Recent Documents option and opening an existing doc. The menu selection for the program is missing from the MS Office option in the Start/All Programs menu. All other Office programs are listed. How do I get the Office 2007 program option to appear in the program menu again? ...

Help: Outlook changes Outlook express mail program
I just installed Office 2003 and I use OE as my mail default client. For whatever reason every time I reboot the computer Microsoft changes all my OE icons to Outlook icons. When I open the program Outlook opens and not OE. Does anyone know how to permanently stop this ? Why is it doing that ? Thank you. Multiposted and answered in the other newsgroups where posted --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "car crash" <carcrash1@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1175729373.53801...

Microsoft Office Word has stopped working 02-03-10
Please help find a fix - Using Microsoft 7 on new Dell XPS 9000 super fast computer...Often when I try to open a Word Doc or start a new one I get "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working; Microsoft is checking for a soluttion" message and later a red circle with a white X "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Sometimes everything works fine, more often it doesn't. Sometimes if I double click I can open a document; sometimes I need to click and then click OPEN to get to the doc and sometimes neither works. I've tried reinstalling....

Programming Word
I have programmed Excel and developed userforms. I can not figure out even after hours of reading through forums how to program a user form in word with listbox and combo boxes. I can not figure out sourcerow and controlsource sttings in the properties table. If have copied code for the DAO and C:|Test with no luck Is there a place where users upload examples of forms they produced? Any help would be fantastic. Hi, Here are some sources that should get you more than started making user forms in Word. Microsoft does provide some help for creating forms. For instructions...

Money Program #2
I want to close my Money 04 and install the newest money program. I want to be able to access either one when I need to. Can two seperate Money programs be installed and run. When I updated from Money03 to Money04 it over wrote the Money 03. I dont want that to happen. I want to be able to run both, but seperately. In microsoft.public.money, massengillsr wrote: >I want to close my Money 04 and install the newest money program. I want to >be able to access either one when I need to. Can two seperate Money programs >be installed and run. When I updated from Money03 to Money04 it...

How do I stop downloads for one account?
Hi, I have Money Plus Delux and my credit card and 401k don't permit downloads into money, but Money keeps trying. I see "Update Unsuccessful" and in the Manage online services it says, "Complete setup for online services" and "Setup online Services". I do not want to do either. How can I tell Money to ignore these two accounts so I can stop the error messages? -- Matthew McDermott, MVP Principal Consultant Catapult Systems, Inc. In microsoft.public.money, Matthew McDermott wrote: > >I have Money Plus Delux and my credit card and 401k don'...

display most frequently used programs in simple dialog
Hi guys, Could You please help me. I'm searching for an answer for a while now. "How can I read the list of most frequently used programs to display them in a simple dialog?" I've seen tons of freeware for customizing this list but I did not find any hint in MSDN, Google or newsgroups pointing me in the right direction to do this. THX so much. Mue > > Could You please help me. I'm searching for an answer for a while now. > > "How can I read the list of most frequently used programs to display > them in a simple dialog?" > What does it me...

internationalize program
Hi, I am writing an MFC program. I want to display some non-English characters (some EU countries) in a tree control. I have use _T macro before string. I also define _UNICODE macro. When compiling program, this error message pops up: "L is not an identifier". What does this message mean and how to fix it? Thanks in advance. >I am writing an MFC program. I want to display some non-English characters >(some EU countries) in a tree control. I have use _T macro before string. I >also define _UNICODE macro. When compiling program, this error message pops >up: >"L...

old program, new program Publisher
I have MS Publisher 2003 on computer, My son instaled MS publisher 2.0a from 1991-1993 now when I try to open anything I have done on 2003 the old program takes over and can not open the file. I haved looked for the older program to uninstall but all I can find is the 2003 program. Can someone please help?!!! two4ever2002 <two4ever2002@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have MS Publisher 2003 on computer, My son instaled MS publisher > 2.0a from 1991-1993 now when I try to open anything I have done on > 2003 the old program takes over and can no...

Outlook Rules Stopped Working #2
I am using Outlook 2003 and have some simple rules setup that move messages to folders based on who they are addressed to (for newslists I am subscribed to). Suddenly the rules have completely stopped working. I have tried deleting them and readding them and they still don't work. If I go to the rules wizard and run them, they process the mail correctly. Please help. Does anybody have a recommendation? I've looked through postings in the group, but cannot find a solution. Thanks. "Harlan" <heiber-nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MB_bd.13291$Ir3.6...

program accessing email addresses?
When ever I start outlook 2002 (after installing the SP3 and all updates to current) I keep getting a box that pops up and ask me "A PROGRAM IS TRYING TO ACCESS E-MAIL ADDRESSES YOU HAVE STORED IN OUTLOOK. DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS. IF THIS IS UNEXPECTED, IT MAY BE A VIRUS AND YOU SHOULD CHOOSE NO" Then there is a drop down menu in which I have to select 1-2-5-10 minutes for the program to access or my outlook wont work. I cant get rid of this. If you have anti-spam programs or anti-virus programs set to scan Outlook items, you need to visit the vendors to get an updated pro...

Stop fill in the blanks (down) at specific row
Works fine. Just need to add command to stop at specific row. Starts at 25, lets say stop specifically at row 1000. Sub FillInTheBlanks_1() Dim Area As Range, LastRow As Long On Error Resume Next LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row For Each Area In Intersect(Rows("25:" & LastRow), Range("C25"). _ Resize(LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)).Areas Area.Value = Area(1).Offset(-1).Value Next End Sub This should work: Sub FillInTheBlanks_1() Dim Area As Range, LastRow As Long On Error Resume Next ...

no program is registered to open this program?
When I click on and web url, it brings up my explorer, not internet explorer. What happened? How can I change it back? When I do control, click, I get "no program is registered to open this program" Don Smith <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When I click on and web url, it brings up my explorer, not internet > explorer. What happened? How can I change it back? When I do > control, click, I get "no program is registered to open this program" Open IE and click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Program Working in 2k with VM but not on the physical computer with 2k.
I am trying to get a windows 95/98 program to run on windows 2000. The program is called omega 6.0 and it uses a printer port dongle and it has a machine connected to it via the serial port. So what I did was use the Microsoft Virtual machine to run windows 2000 on my windows xp machine. I then installed omega and started the program and it said dongle not found. Which was odd because the dongle was plugged in and I know it works through windows 98 on VM. So to fix the dongle not found I used a dongle emulator and then I could get into the program. Except the program said the machine...