DispatchMessageW Exception

Our application is built by VS2005 in Visual Basic and run under dotnet
framework 2.0. In the past few months, the application will abort randemly
with the exception caught before and message "Faulting application
hxmain.exe, version 2.0.3707.19991, stamp 4b849822, faulting module
msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.1433, stamp 471eb5ae, debug? 0, fault address
0x0001500a." reported in eventlog. The stack trace can't tell us where the
application abort

Exception Source:      System.Windows.Forms
Exception Type:        System.AccessViolationException
Exception Message:     Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is
often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Exception Target Site: DispatchMessageW

---- Stack Trace ----
   System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(msg As MSG&)
       HXMAIN.exe: N 00000
   System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(dwComponentID
As Int32, reason As Int32, pvLoopData As Int32)
       HXMAIN.exe: N 00752
   System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(reason As Int32,
context As ApplicationContext)
       HXMAIN.exe: N 00380
   System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(reason As Int32,
context As ApplicationContext)
       HXMAIN.exe: N 00082
   System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(mainForm As Form)
       HXMAIN.exe: N 00045
   HXMAIN.frmSplash.Main()
       HXMAIN.exe: N 00049

Any advice?
Thanks

0
wc_chan
3/5/2010 4:09:28 AM
dotnet.general 306 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I got dozens of first chance exception of type "Access violation exception" in the CDialog::Create
I derive my own CMyDialog class from CDialog,and got may first chance exception in the Output Window, but the program run fine. does these exception really not matter? How can i get rid of them? Do like we all do: ignore them. joe On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:32:57 +0800, "booker" <rekoob@163.net> wrote: >I derive my own CMyDialog class from CDialog,and got may first chance >exception in the Output Window, but the program run fine. > >does these exception really not matter? >How can i get rid of them? > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.co...

Winsock try catch exceptions
Hi, I use the Winsock ActiveX in VS C++. the problem is that I am unable to catch all the exceptions. for instance if I have a server who listens at port 1111 and I try to connect to the wrong port or if the server is offline I get error messagebox "connection is forcefully rejected". it seems that I can't catch that message somehow. here is the code I use: TRY { WinSockControl.SetProtocol(0) ; // TCP/IP WinSockControl.Connect(COleVariant("127.0.0.1"), COleVariant(long(1321))) ; } CATCH(CException, e) { MSGDialog("ddddddddddddd"); e->Dele...

about Exception #2
Hello! I have one short question is this statement below able to thow an execption that I can catch. hr = DS.Open(strtemp, &dbInit); If this statement is able to throw an exception how do I write to catch all execption and what header file must be included //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hello! > > I have one short question is this statement below able to thow an execption > that I can catch. > hr = DS.Open(strtemp, &dbInit); > If this statement is able to throw an exception how do I write to catch all > execption and what header file must be included Witho...

Join to get "exception" records
I have two queries Q1 and Q2 which have a common ID field. I want to get the records of Q1 except those where the ID exists in Q2. Is there a way to do this? TIA The Query wizard includes an "unmatched query" that will do what you are asking for. -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. <john@john.com> wrote in message news:46310F54.2030007@john.com... >I have two queries Q1 and Q2 which have a common ID field. > I want to get the records of Q1 except those where the ID > exists in Q2. > > Is there a way to do this? > > TIA Cool! Thank you! RBear3 wrote:...

DispatchMessageW Exception
Our application is built by VS2005 in Visual Basic and run under dotnet framework 2.0. In the past few months, the application will abort randemly with the exception caught before and message "Faulting application hxmain.exe, version 2.0.3707.19991, stamp 4b849822, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.1433, stamp 471eb5ae, debug? 0, fault address 0x0001500a." reported in eventlog. The stack trace can't tell us where the application abort Exception Source: System.Windows.Forms Exception Type: System.AccessViolationException Exception Message:...

cannot save word file except tmp
I opened a word file I already worked before and updated and saved it - it is normal so far. After keeping working for a while, when I tried to save it, I got a message saying I cannot save it. The existing file name, while it is still open and i am working now, is suddenly changed to "xxxx.tmp". I had to save as with other name. I used MS Word 2007 Enterprise and worked under 2007 Office Groove. Any comments are welcome. Thanks, ...

ValidationEventArgs.Exception.SourceSchemaObject always null!
Here's my problem: I'm validating a XML file that I generate vs a static schema file, and am trying to get all the validation errors into a format that can be understood by a non-technical user. So I'm registering a ValidationEventHandler with the XmlValidatingReader's delegate, and can get the ValidationEventArgs just fine. Great. Problem is that I need to get the specific element out of the ValidationEventArgs.Exception object so that I can translate what the problem is into plain english for my non-technical users. But the ValidationEventArgs.Exception.SourceSchemaOb...

ADO Exceptions
������: "Tony Tanm" <tony21st@sina.com.cn> ����: One question about ADO ����: 2003��8��22�� 14:48 I use ADO in my application to access database,when I give the parameter ConnectionString of connection's method Open a wrong value(say,data source that doesn't exist),my program will arouse exception, through step debugging, I found that the following code [in msado20.tli file] if (FAILED(_hr)) _com_issue_errorex(_hr, this, __uuidof(this)); lead to the exception. I'm puzzled about it. Somebody help me please. Thanks in advance. Tony, you have several opti...

CDHtmlDialog Exception
Any idea why I'm getting this exception the second time that I show a modal dialog with a CDHtmlDialog control on it? Thanks. 0:015> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Exception Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* FAULTING_IP: RPCRT4!CStdProxyBuffer_QueryInterface+a 76b5e134 832300 and dword ptr [ebx],0 EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffffff -- (.exr ffffffffffffffff) ExceptionAddress: 76b5e134 (RPCRT4!CStdProxyBuffer_Qu...

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E2F
We have a custom task list that seems to get this error when trying to update a list item that only has a user assigned to that task. When there is no user assigned you can update the list item and attach the file. We have ran a sync against AD and nothing has worked so far. ------=_NextPart_0001_8D145796 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Restart the below services and then try: � Windows SharePoint Services Timer � Windows SharePoint Services Administration � Windows SharePoint Services Tracing ------=_NextPart_0001_8D145796 Content-Type: text/x-r...

Updates were not accepted (exception 4005). Soap exception.
Hi all, when the report is submitted from Outlook 2003 to Project Server 2007 the folowing error message is displayed (see the subj). However, the data are being sent and can be seen in PWA. At the same time, the user gets an email message from Project Server: "Project server returned error code -1". What's wrong with the Server or client? where to look for? Please advise. Elena ...

Exception thrown in ME
I have made a custom control class, CFontSample, and registered it with the following code. It all woks fine on my main PC running XP, but when I check it on my laptop running ME, the exception is thrown with the 'Required resource was unavailable' message. Any ideas? Is there some file I need to copy over to the laptop? Greg Chapman BOOL CFontSample::RegisterWndClass() { WNDCLASS windowclass; HINSTANCE hInst = AfxGetInstanceHandle(); //Check whether the class is registerd already if (!(::GetClassInfo(hInst, FONT_SAMPLE, &windowclass))) { //If not then...

Unexpected exception is thrown while deleting an exception
Hi I am using TRY CATCH macros in my code. the general pattern looks like this: TRY { } CATCH (CDBException, e) { //here I am capturing error msg... e->Delete(); return; } The thing is that the program crashes with unhandled exception during an exception delete part. I can not determine if it is in the line e->Delete() or it happens when it exit from teh CATCH block, and there is an auto-delete exception proccess as i am using TRY CATCH macros. I have limitations to debug as this application lies on a customer server and we can't produce the failure (it happens from ...

Report Writer
Whenever I return from Report Writer to GP (version 9, SQL 2000) I get the following warning: Unhandled script exception: Object has no reference. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM I click on 'Ok' and everyhting moves along fine after that. Anybody else experiencing something like this? Regards BeerMan I have the same problem but don't have a solution. I solved this by manually populating dynamics..AAG00104 with company data. The data you need can be found in PA00020. Solution to the mistery: There are two steps that need to be taken for the "Analitycal Accounti...

Unhandled Exceptions
Hi in order to give the user a last info before his app dies, due to uncaught exceptions we implemented the code from msdn (<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en- us/library/ms223898.aspx>) that utilizes Application.SetUnhandled, Application.ThreadException, AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException. As expected unhandled non-UI exceptions no go through our method 'OnUnhandledException' and a last grave note is displayed to our user. Nonetheless after 'OnUnhandledException' is out of scope, the runtime still crashes with sth like "windows encoun...

eConnect exception
I am getting this eConnect exception: Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Version=9.0.0.0 Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.ExecStoredProcedures(String xml) at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.eConnect_Requester(String ConnectionString, ConnectionStringType ConnectionType, String sXML) When I use the Dynamics Web Services. This is the corresponding webs services exception: Server stack trace: at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.eConnect_Requester(String...

SOP Unit Price Exception
While in a meeting the other day an idea for a report came up. The report would show the unit price from the price list at the time of the sale and the actual price charged. ie. price list says the price is $50 but we modified the price and charged the customer $45. The idea for the report is to aggregate the total price that should have been charged compared to what was actually charged. I suppose you could consider it an exception report. However, although we can pull this data (unit price) from the price list, if we change the price list we lose what would have been charged to a...

About Exception
When I use SCROLLINFO related API, such as GetScrollInfo, GetScrollRange, SetScrollPos,I dont know whether there would occur some exceptions. If so, tell me how to deal with them? Thanks! "hangaround" <hangaround@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A09761C4-845C-4910-9D72-19191424B3EA@microsoft.com... > When I use SCROLLINFO related API, such as GetScrollInfo, GetScrollRange, > SetScrollPos,I dont know whether there would occur some exceptions. > If so, tell me how to deal with them? Windws itself does not use exceptions. It returns errorcodes o...

CFile Exceptions
I have a CFile object, and the problem is everytime there is an error, MFC would automatically handle it, bypassing my own try,catch,finally block. How should I work around these(Some CFile functions do not have return values)? Thanks in advance, Lem Did u try CException instead of CFileException.. or you can try "catch(...)" (catch all exceptions) -Boben "Lem" <hjlem@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:#rQ1mlDrDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a CFile object, and the problem is everytime there is an error, MFC > would automatically handle it, byp...

POS (not RMS) Unhandled Exception Has Occurred
Almost daily since upgrading from POS v.1.0 to POS v.2.0, the application crashes and the following error is displayed on the screen. I'm hoping someone can give us instructions to troubleshoot this error as it is exceedingly disruptive to our business. We are running XP Pro on a dual 2.8 MHz processor machine with 4 GB RAM. We have run Disk Check and no errors were found. We have also defragmented the drive. System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethod...

unhandled exception
Only when I run with the debug build and debug mode I get an unhandled exception 0x77FA144B:User breakpoint. My application is a staticly linked 7.1 mfc c++ application. I am also using a COM object and it appears that the exception is happening in the COM objects code but I do not have conclusive evidence. When I select break it says no source code available and shows me assembly. From what I have read not sure this kind of an error is something I need to worry about. Since it only happens with the debug build in debug mode. Any recommendations? ...

crm mobile express error: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
I'm able to access crm mobile express webpage. I'm able to show account directory, search for account. but when I try to open one account, I get an error: please help!!! An Error has Occured -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Go Back Try Again Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(B...

exception handing
#include <iostream> using namespace std; void MyFunc( void ); class CTest { public: CTest(){ cout << "CTest" << endl;}; ~CTest(){ cout << "~CTest" << endl; }; const char *ShowReason() const { return "Exception in CTest class."; } }; class CDtorDemo { public: CDtorDemo(); ~CDtorDemo(); }; CDtorDemo::CDtorDemo() { cout << "Constructing CDtorDemo.\n"; } CDtorDemo::~CDtorDemo() { cout << "Destructing CDtorDemo.\n"; } void MyFunc() { CDtorDemo D; cout<< "In MyFunc(). Throwing CTest ...

CreateSalesOrder Web Service returning exception
When attempting to create a new Sales Order via the CreateSalesOrder web service in GP 9, I receive the following error: -------------- Begin Error ------------------------ A validation exception has occurred. Validation Errors: - The U of M for the item is not specified in the item price list as the default selling U of M. - U of M does not exist for the Unit of Measure Schedule being used. - PriceListKey is blank. It must be passed in or a default must exist for the transaction. -------------- End Error ------------------------ If I specify a Unit of Measure for each SalesOrderLine,...

first chance exception in NT.DLL
my exe is called SRF If I excecute my application it runs fine .. but if try to run in debug i.e.F5, then it yells as "first chance exception in SRF.EXE" points to NTDLL ... it happens when i try to open the file .. can anyone tell me whatz going on !! -- Regards, Madan S Ankapura Programmer-Infosystems Spendlove Research Foundation ...