Adding Controls To The Visual Studio 2008 Toolbox

I have a control library that contains several controls that I want to add
to the Visual Studio 2008 toolbox for use in Web Applications. I have done
this before, so I know how to do it. However, when I attempt to do it this
time it refuses to add one of the controls. The one control that does not
get added inherits from System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor, and I am
wondering if the fact that it is inheriting from an HtmlControl has anything
to do with the fact that it is not being added to the Toolbox. This control
works perfectly fine, and I am able to use it perfectly fine in my Web
Applications, so the code does not have any problems. Why is this control
not being added to the Toolbox like the other controls? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

0
Nathan
3/20/2010 5:16:35 PM
dotnet.framework 137 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Nathan Sokalski" wrote:

> I have a control library that contains several controls that I want to add
> to the Visual Studio 2008 toolbox for use in Web Applications. I have done
> this before, so I know how to do it. However, when I attempt to do it this
> time it refuses to add one of the controls. The one control that does not
> get added inherits from System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor, and I am
> wondering if the fact that it is inheriting from an HtmlControl has anything
> to do with the fact that it is not being added to the Toolbox. This control
> works perfectly fine, and I am able to use it perfectly fine in my Web
> Applications, so the code does not have any problems. Why is this control
> not being added to the Toolbox like the other controls? Thanks.

Are you getting any error messages? I reccently addrd the DomainDataSource
Web Control to the Toolbox for a project I was working. The dll for the
control had dependecies to two other DLL's that needed to be in the location
of the DLL I was trying to add to the Toolbox.
Not, it is not giving me any error messages, it is simply not adding the one
control almost as if it didn't exist (I almost wish it was giving an error
message, then I would at least have some idea where to start as far as
figuring out what the problem was!).
--

"Mr. Arnold" <No@No.com> wrote in message

> "Nathan Sokalski" wrote:
>
>> I have a control library that contains several controls that I want to
>> add
>> to the Visual Studio 2008 toolbox for use in Web Applications. I have
>> done
>> this before, so I know how to do it. However, when I attempt to do it
>> this
>> time it refuses to add one of the controls. The one control that does not
>> get added inherits from System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor, and I am
>> wondering if the fact that it is inheriting from an HtmlControl has
>> anything
>> to do with the fact that it is not being added to the Toolbox. This
>> control
>> works perfectly fine, and I am able to use it perfectly fine in my Web
>> Applications, so the code does not have any problems. Why is this control
>> not being added to the Toolbox like the other controls? Thanks.
>
> Are you getting any error messages? I reccently addrd the DomainDataSource
> Web Control to the Toolbox for a project I was working. The dll for the
> control had dependecies to two other DLL's that needed to be in the
> location
> of the DLL I was trying to add to the Toolbox.

0
Nathan

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Looking for a charting control
Hi all, I am looking for a professional quality charting control. Current requirements are Bar charts and Pie Charts, but this might change in the near feature to include more complex data types using Line charts (smooth and normal), area charts (stacked), point or radar charts. I haven't been able to find a good one yet. I found this put the documentation is not adequite. http://www.nevron.com/Charting.aspx?nav=ChartNav&content=Chart Any suggestions? AliR. I've used a system called ProEssentials5. I built a thin C++ wrapper around their types and I've done a number of g...

Button Control calling CFormView #2
hi everyone, I Have a CFormview (FormB) that has a button. When this button is click, It will call another CFormView (FormA). How to do it? I am using VC++ 6.0. Newbie & Noobie wrote: > hi everyone, > > I Have a CFormview (FormB) that has a button. When this button is click, It > will call another CFormView (FormA). > > How to do it? I am using VC++ 6.0. I assume you have created your project with the aid of the class wizard from the IDE. if you double click your button in the resource editor class wizard should suggest a click handler method for your button. Within...

Microsoft Office 2008 product key/commercial use.
Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Office 2008 home and student edition, but intend to use the programme to generate income; I realised that this is not possible due to the non-commercial license of home and student so I purchased a copy of the Special Media Edition. I removed Home and Student from my mac and then installed Special Media Edition and have not been asked for a CD Key. As it stands, can I now use the programme for commercial use? On 6/25/08 12:16 PM, in article 24E67F13-5068-4B7F-B295-E859F0B1D3F8@microsoft.com, "macuser" <macuser@discussions.microsoft.com>...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Classes within a control
HI, can anyone help me out here. I have used an activex (SSUltraGridControl) control on a dialog and I then added a member variable of type CSSUltraGridControl. At this point I selected the classes within the control that I required. I now wish to utalise the CSSSelected class (which was not originally chosen) within the control and I do not know how to get it into my project. I have tried creating another project and included the entire CSSUltraGridControl classes in it and then copy the SSSelected.h and SSSelected.cpp files into my working direcotry etc by I get an error saying ...

How to Hide Visual Basic Editor (VBE) Window Programmatically
Hello world, My problem : I create in a module from db1 a new database db2 by the instruction: DBEngine.CreateDatabase(Application.CurrentProject.Path & "\Compacter.mdb", dbLangGeneral, False) then I create from db1 a module (called "Comapcting") in the db2 thanks to: objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase Application.CurrentProject.Path & "\Compacter.mdb", False objAccess.DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdNewObjectModule objAccess.DoCmd.Save acModule, objAccess.Modules(0).name objAccess.DoCmd.Rename "Compacting", acModule, objAccess.Modules(0).name I write some ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Word 2008 Drawing toolbar
It seems to me that the drawing facilities are much less powerful than with the last version of MS Word for Mac. When drawing a line all I can get is a thick blue line. In fact everything is blue. What am I missing please. Thanks, BrianKR There's no question that the new capabilities are 'different' -- whether you choose to categorize them as 'better' or 'worse' is a matter of personal interpretation :-) The new tools are based on a completely redesigned graphics engine & the current version of Mac Office offers a somewhat limited implementation of the ...

Finding focused dialog control
Hi, I've got a dialog with two list controls on it. I've got a menu item Edit - Select All that should select all rows in the focused list control. But how do I find that control? GetFocus -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message news:uLLn0zkSFHA.3176@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I've got a dialog with two list controls on it. I've got a menu item > Edit - Select All that should select all rows in the focused list control. > But how do ...

Visual Basic Editor opens automatically after lock, unlock
(ms excel 2003) If I have a particular workbook open which contains macros and If I happen to walk away and the computer locks... upon unlock the vba editor pops up automatically. This particular workbook didnt do this until I added some lines of code that unprotected one of the sheets so the macro could write to it and once it was finished it protected the sheet again. Activesheet.Unprotect ("My_Password") Activesheet.Protect Password:="My_Password" You probably protected the wrong sheet and you are getting an error some place in th code or you added...

Adding fields from a different query

Returning controls to their Original values
In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that already exist in the data table (duplicates) , I have a messagebox appear telling them the record already exists. My problem is thereafter, I want Access to return to the original values that were present in the control before the user tried to enter different ones. How can I do this? <trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a14334f-eb16-4893-a8a8-aeaf6812ddf6@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that > already exist in the data table...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...