xml name spaces

In WPF, you have to have the following in your xaml file:

<Window x:Class="SeeThru.Window1"
 xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
    Title="SeeThru" Height="300" Width="300"

If you don't have the xmlns lines or you call it anything else, the compiler
will give you an error.

And some of your code will give you errors, such as x:fkey for instance.
These are not actual urls.  If you put them in your browser, you will get
"page cannot be found".

What are they for ?

Why a URL that doesn't exist?

You don't have to have your computer connected to run this, so obviously it
is not being checked.

Thanks,

Tom

0
tshad

Hi,

As you said yourself this is just a namespace, that is it has the same roles
as those namespaces you are using in your cs or vb code (i.e. to avoid
possible name collisions).

See :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa468565.aspx (understanding XML
namespaces)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms747086.aspx (XAML Namespaces and
Namespace Mapping)
for details...

--
Patrice

"tshad" <tfs@dslextreme.com> a �crit dans le message de
> In WPF, you have to have the following in your xaml file:
>
> <Window x:Class="SeeThru.Window1"
> xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
>    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
>    Title="SeeThru" Height="300" Width="300"
>
> If you don't have the xmlns lines or you call it anything else, the
> compiler will give you an error.
>
> And some of your code will give you errors, such as x:fkey for instance.
> These are not actual urls.  If you put them in your browser, you will get
> "page cannot be found".
>
> What are they for ?
>
> Why a URL that doesn't exist?
>
> You don't have to have your computer connected to run this, so obviously
> it is not being checked.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

0
Patrice

XML Header

Preventing Recipient Names from Showing
I have a long list of people I am addressing a message to. I want the recipient to see that it is coming to them, but not be able to see anyone else's name/address that it's being sent to. I've tried the BCC field but then even the recipient does not see that it was sent to them. I'm afraid they will think it is junk mail if they don't see it addresses to themselves. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail for other options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick...

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

show XML schema and values

Changing User Name Associated with Comments?
When my comments appear, they always start with my name in bold, followed by a colon. How can I change this name to another name, or have no name at all appear in the comment balloon? Thanks very much for your help! Frank Frank Tools>Options>General. Delete the username. You will still get the colon. If you don't want anything, you will need VBA macro. See Debra Dalgleish's site for Comments programming. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:56:31 GMT, frank1492 <frank1492@verizon.net> wrot...

Named cells
How do I use a name of a cell rather than the R1C1 address. I have tried Range("Name") = Range(Name) = Thanks Dave, What happened when you tried Range("Name") = -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dave Griffiths" <dave@daveg.co.uk.nospam> wrote in message news:4oOUb.2185$rj4.31303@news2.e.nsc.no... > How do I use a name of a cell rather than the R1C1 address. > > I have tried > Range("Name") = > Range(Name) = > > Th...

Offline synch using XML web-services

can you autofill 12 worksheets each with the name of relevant mon.
most of my work is done on a monthly basis, so i would like to know if there is a quick way of setting up new workbooks with 12 worksheets each containing the name of the relevant month on the sheet tab and in cell a1 on the worksheet You should just make a Template and use that but this will do it. The myarry line is ONE line Sub NewMonthlyWB() myarray = Array("Dec", "Nov", "Oct", "Sep", "Aug", "Jul", "Jun", "May", "Apr", "Mar", "Feb", "Jan") Workbooks.Add With ActiveWo...

Separating First Name(s) and Last Name into Separate Columns
I have a spreadsheet with one column ("name") that contains names in the following formats occuring randomly down the list: Firstname Lastname Firstname & Firstname Lastname Firstname Lastname & Firstname Lastname I need to get them all into two new columns "firstname" and "lastname" and I'm having difficulties writing a formula to account for all 3 scenarios in one cell. (If I have to do it in multiple steps - so be it!) For the 1st example, the contents of the new "firstname" column should be Firstname, while the "lastname"...

Beginner of XML

Determine the name of the "in use" mailbox
I'm creating an auto responder in Outlook VBA. Outlook is connected to Exchange Server. Both are version 2000. There are several mailboxes in Exchange. The user on the PC sometimes opens a different mailbox. The VBA code needs to determine which mailbox is open so that it only runs when a specific mailbox is open. How can I programmatically determine the currrently active mailbox?? -OR- in other words, how can I determine the mailbox name usng VBA code? ...

String to xml document

Table name through query
Hi All, I wanted to know if its possible to find the names of all the tables in a database. i remember in Oracle, query 'Select * from desc;" returns all the table name which have been created. Is it possible in access too? Thanks, Navin Navin, Try this: SELECT [Name], [Type] FROM MSysObjects WHERE ([Type] = 1 OR [Type] = 4) AND (Left([Name],4) <> "MSys" AND Left([Name],1) <> "~") ORDER BY [Name] Those tables with Type = 4 are linked tables. Regards, Graham R Seach Microsoft Access MVP Sydney, Australia "navin" <navin.narayana@gm...

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Display Name #2
I am trying to correct a mis-spelled name in Outlook. Our Adminstrator said it is correct on the system. I can find where the mistake is. It is in display name within properties. I make the change but it does not take the change. I send an email and it still has the mis-spelling on the display name. What type of account? Exchange? See if the X400 address also has the right display name. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonymous@discussions...

named range in macro call 04-01-10
I have written a macro that I would like to have operate the same way on different data ranges. I tried creating a generic macro that accepted a range of data as an input parameter, then I created several buttons that each called the same macro, but with a different argument, as follows: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call Macro1( "NamedRange1" ) End Sub Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Call Macro1( "NamedRange2" ) End Sub and so on. However, I can't seem to find the right syntax for specifying a range name in the call to the macro (...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

Getting file name from url path
Hi All, I have a url path(CString) how do i get the file name from it in CString ?? I dont want to use _tsplitpath .. On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:02:09 -0800 (PST), jklioe <ranu2006@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have a url path(CString) how do i get the file name from it in >CString ?? I dont want to use _tsplitpath .. > personally I always convert strings to c++ strings ... string dir = pathName; dir.erase(dir.find_last_of("\\", dir.length()-1) + 1, dir.length()); But that entails the extra step of converting CString to a c++ string .... if I recall corre...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

Notes Schema Name
Hi all, Can anyone please tell me what is the notes schema name and whether or not I can apply a java script on it - in the onload or onsave options in the form. Tnx alot.. Hi, The schema name is Annotation. However it is not possible to customize the onload/onsave event the way you can do it with the other entities. However a callout is supported. You can write code for Create, Update, Delete and Assign. Hope this helps, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "Guy Shokrani" wrote: > Hi all, > > Can anyone please tell me what is the notes schema name a...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

Name Directory
How do I forward a directory of names. Not with Word VBA... -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "Grammy" <Grammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087BC962-DAF8-4544-9CEC-7150AB6E1452@microsoft.com... > How do I forward a directory of names. Please explain what you mean by directory of names. If you mean FILE names, yes you certainly can do that with VBA. Grammy wrote: >How do I forward a directory of names. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201002/1 ...