VS 2008 cannot open project

Lately, when I open a project from the Recent Projects list I get a message
"The file or folder 'V:\2008VSProjects\.......' cannot be opened. Do you want
to remove the reference(s) to it from the Recent list(s)?"

Then I open it by browsing to the same folder location and it opens it fine.
 I can close and open the same project all day.  Then then next day I get
this message again.  Any ideas how to solve it?  Thanks.
--
David

On Apr 20, 3:55=A0pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote:
> Lately, when I open a project from the Recent Projects list I get a messa=
ge
> "The file or folder 'V:\2008VSProjects\.......' cannot be opened. Do you =
want
> to remove the reference(s) to it from the Recent list(s)?"
>
> Then I open it by browsing to the same folder location and it opens it fi=
ne.
> =A0I can close and open the same project all day. =A0Then then next day I=
 get
> this message again. =A0Any ideas how to solve it? =A0Thanks.
> --
> David

Maybe then you click on the Recent List it refers to the solution file
(sln), which has been deleted? Try to click on Yes when it will ask to
remove and open through File-Open Project...

Hope this helps
0
Alexey
4/20/2010 3:11:00 PM
It does not give me anything other that Yes or No.  Also, this is a Reporting
Services project .rptproj file if that matters. Thanks.
--
David

"DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
> Lately, when I open a project from the Recent Projects list I get a
> message
> "The file or folder 'V:\2008VSProjects\.......' cannot be opened. Do you
> want
> to remove the reference(s) to it from the Recent list(s)?"
>
> Then I open it by browsing to the same folder location and it opens it
> fine.
> I can close and open the same project all day.  Then then next day I get
> this message again.  Any ideas how to solve it?  Thanks.
> --
> David

When you get it open correctly, go through and resave at every level. That
should solve the problem.

Since you mention RS, I am not sure if there is something that is getting
munged up or not. I am also not sure if RS can spin up its site in the built
in web server. If so, that could be the disconnect. But that is a wild
guess. Apparently, the solution or project you open from the file is working
correctly. I guess a followup is are you double clicking the project file or
the solution file?

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg

Twitter: @gbworld

|    Think outside the box!                        |

Gregory
4/21/2010 4:55:13 PM
On Apr 20, 9:09=A0pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote:
> It does not give me anything other that Yes or No. =A0Also, this is a Rep=
orting
> Services project .rptproj file if that matters. Thanks.
> --
> David
>

> "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
> > On Apr 20, 3:55 pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote:
> > > Lately, when I open a project from the Recent Projects list I get a m=
essage
> > > "The file or folder 'V:\2008VSProjects\.......' cannot be opened. Do =
you want
> > > to remove the reference(s) to it from the Recent list(s)?"
>
> > > Then I open it by browsing to the same folder location and it opens i=
t fine.
> > > =A0I can close and open the same project all day. =A0Then then next d=
ay I get
> > > this message again. =A0Any ideas how to solve it? =A0Thanks.
> > > --
> > > David
>
> > Maybe then you click on the Recent List it refers to the solution file
> > (sln), which has been deleted? Try to click on Yes when it will ask to
> > remove and open through File-Open Project...
>
> > Hope this helps
> > .

Usually this error happens when location of solution has been changed
or *.sln file has been deleted. What I mean is, you can remove it from
the the Recent list ("Do you want to remove the reference(s) to it
from the Recent list(s)?" - YES) and open again through File-Open
Project... If this does not help, follow Greg's repair method
0
Alexey
4/21/2010 10:12:47 PM

"Gregory A. Beamer" wrote:

> "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
> > Lately, when I open a project from the Recent Projects list I get a
> > message
> > "The file or folder 'V:\2008VSProjects\.......' cannot be opened. Do you
> > want
> > to remove the reference(s) to it from the Recent list(s)?"
> >
> > Then I open it by browsing to the same folder location and it opens it
> > fine.
> > I can close and open the same project all day.  Then then next day I get
> > this message again.  Any ideas how to solve it?  Thanks.
> > --
> > David
>
> When you get it open correctly, go through and resave at every level. That
> should solve the problem.
>
> Since you mention RS, I am not sure if there is something that is getting
> munged up or not. I am also not sure if RS can spin up its site in the built
> in web server. If so, that could be the disconnect. But that is a wild
> guess. Apparently, the solution or project you open from the file is working
> correctly. I guess a followup is are you double clicking the project file or
> the solution file?
>
> --
> Peace and Grace,
> Greg
>
> Twitter: @gbworld

> |    Think outside the box!                        |

I have had a problem with both.  Yet when I get the message and I go look in
the location the .rptproj and the .sln files are in the exact location that
the message says it cannot find them in.
The biggest problem, I think, is with the .rptproj file but neither of them
is "missing" as I can go into Open...Project and find them and then they open
up fine.

David
On Apr 23, 9:40=A0pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote:
> "Gregory A. Beamer" wrote:
>
> > "DavidC" <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
> > > Lately, when I open a project from the Recent Projects list I get a
> > > message
> > > "The file or folder 'V:\2008VSProjects\.......' cannot be opened. Do =
you
> > > want
> > > to remove the reference(s) to it from the Recent list(s)?"
>
> > > Then I open it by browsing to the same folder location and it opens i=
> > > fine.
> > > I can close and open the same project all day. =A0Then then next day =
I get
> > > this message again. =A0Any ideas how to solve it? =A0Thanks.
> > > --
> > > David
>
> > When you get it open correctly, go through and resave at every level. T=
hat
> > should solve the problem.
>
> > Since you mention RS, I am not sure if there is something that is getti=
ng
> > munged up or not. I am also not sure if RS can spin up its site in the =
built
> > in web server. If so, that could be the disconnect. But that is a wild
> > guess. Apparently, the solution or project you open from the file is wo=
rking
> > correctly. I guess a followup is are you double clicking the project fi=
le or
> > the solution file?
>
> > --
> > Peace and Grace,
> > Greg
>
> > Twitter: @gbworld
> > Blog:http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com

> > | =A0 =A0Think outside the box! =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 =A0 =A0|

> I have had a problem with both. =A0Yet when I get the message and I go lo=
ok in
> the location the .rptproj and the .sln files are in the exact location th=
at
> the message says it cannot find them in.
> The biggest problem, I think, is with the .rptproj file but neither of th=
em
> is "missing" as I can go into Open...Project and find them and then they =
open
> up fine.
>
> David

Well, maybe it's something wrong with your Studio. Check if it happens
with our projects with Reporting
Services. If it does, try to reinstall it.
0
Alexey

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

Setting defaults opening .csv files
I have a .csv file that is download everyday from our automated credit card processing vender. The credit card field is 16 digits. When I open the file in Excel, I get a decimal number with an E+15 attached to it. For Example: 4.12345E+15 When I convert the cell to a number, I get sixteen digits, but on every single cell in the column, the last number is changed to a 0. If I look at the file in notepad, the 16 digits are correct, I can't figure out how or why excel is converting that last digit to 0 on every cell. Now I've read the Excel only support 15 digit numbers. I don't ne...

use Pathfinder instead of finder in Office 2008?
I am using Word 12.1.2. on Mac OSX 10.5.5. I have installed Pathfinder as a replacement for Finder. However, when I "save" or "save as" in Office documents, the original apple Finder is invoked. Is there any way to get Office 2008 to use Pathfinder by default instead? newtomac wrote: > I am using Word 12.1.2. on Mac OSX 10.5.5. I have installed Pathfinder as a > replacement for Finder. However, when I "save" or "save as" in Office > documents, the original apple Finder is invoked. Is there any way to get > Office 2008 to use Pathfinde...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

Problem getting a form to open to a related record.
I have a button on a form called "MainForm" that when clicked I want to open another form which should show all "Rental" records relating to the location on the "MainForm" In my MainTable which is what the MainForm" is populated by I have a field called ListingID (which is also my keyfield and as such is an AutoNumber). In my "Rental" table I have a field called "PremID" which is a number field that I want to use to tie the records into the MainTable. (I will be using the same field name in other tables to link them to the MainTable...

Opening files automatically with Import Text File dialog box
I would like to eliminate the requirement to have a user click on the Import button during VBA control of the Import Text File dialog box. This will facilitate the automatic processing of sequentially numbered files. I would appreciate any suggestions. Here's a simplified listing of the code I'm using. Sub ImportOrigData() ' ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst Sheets("OrigDataFile").Select Range("A10").Select Dim sText As String For DOY = 147 To 149 ' first and last day of year to be processed sText...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

open forms
Hi, I have a form and I open in maximize mod (with docmd.maximize) How can I open another form, (over first form- this is maximize), in a fix place and with fix size ? Set the 2nd form's Popup property to Yes. When you open it from the Database Window (the Navigation Pane in Access 2007), it will then open in a window of its own, outside the Access window. If you open the form programmatically, use: DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", WindowMode:=acDialog -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply ...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

Opening old Publisher files
I have many Publisher 97 files created on an old computer. When I purchased o new XP machine I loaded the same 97 Publisher program, but it will not open the files. I run a small business using this letterhead, etc. Suggestions? Hi suggest you post in a publisher newsgroup - they'll probably be able to help more microsoft.public.publisher in addition to the information provided to us you might also like to let them know if you can create NEW publisher files with Publisher 97 on the XP machine? Cheers JulieD "RKlug" <RKlug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

ISA Server 2004 vs Checkpoint with Exchange 2003
As we all know, MS now recommends installing a front-facing ISA Server and leaving your frontend on your internal network, rather than the old, less-secure method of putting a frontend in a DMZ. MS's big argument for ISA Server even when you have another firewall (e.g. a PIX) is stateful inspection. Checkpoint also offers stateful inspection and in fact pioneered it. Pricing aside -- say you already have Checkpoint Firewall or have a good relationship with them for pricing -- what would be the compelling reasons to choose ISA Server 2004 instead, or would there be any? I haven't been a...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

2003 vs 2007
I have a template that was created in 2003. Then I did a bunch of updates in 2007 but in compatible mode. In order to do the drop-downs, etc., in tables, I had to go back to 2003. Now, when I open the template in 2007, lots of features such as editing the header/footer are not available. Why is that? It appears that if I use 2003 to edit you can no longer use 2007 for full editing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, -- Barbara R If this is a protected form, you will find the form tools on Word 2007's Developer Tab (which is not displayed by default...

Upgrade to 2008 Media Edition
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have the Microsoft Office 2003 Student Edition. Can I buy the Upgrade to the Microsoft Office 2008 Media Edition? I have read that you can upgrade *any* edition of 2004 to the Business Edition, I just want to make sure that I can upgrade my Student Version of 2004 to the Media Edition of 2008 before I buy it. Thank you, Amalthea Well, it really isn't clear what you have... You start off writing "...Office 2003" -- which is a PC version, but you end up referring to "Office 2004", so let's...

Budget vs. Cash Flow
Hi, Thanks for taking time to review my question (and it might be a stupid one). I'm using (just installed for the first time) MS Money 2004 Premium. It seems Budget and Cash Flow are duking it out, and Cash Flow is winning. What I mean is to ask is, is it possible to create a budget that balances out fine according to one's income, yet Cash Flow shows that the sum of flow will gradually go farther and farther into the red every month? Or, is it that the Cash Flow is independant, and I have to tell it that everything is going to be alright? Btw, I've already setup reoccuring deposi...

Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0
My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. When they do a PO shipment receipt for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed on the journal but had to be made manually in GL. Is this new functionalty in 9.0? Is there a way to turn off posting to GL just for cost variances? Thanks! This is a new feature in version 9.0. One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average costs in inventory. As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is rec...

Print Preview
Hi, I had posted this earlier. But no answer. I wish to request for help again. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I recently just tried to upgrade a VC++6.0 app to a VC++7.1 version (ie. Net). I found one difference in the Print Preview. In 6.0, the print preview fills up the whole app, i.e it fills up the MDI main frame window. But when I ported my app to 7.1, it fills up the MDI Child frame instead. Now I did a search and it seemst hat microsoft has been changing this behavior back and forth since V4.x onwards. I al...

setting default location for open and save files
In the help files for office enterprise 2007 you are directed to the Microsoft Office Button. Its as plain as the nose on your face in all the programs but publisher. can anyone tell me where it is in publisher or how to set the defaults if there is no such button ? While I do not have Publisher 07 on any of my systems yet, I don't think the ribbon bar is part of Pub 07 so the location should be: Click Tools, Options and then the General Tab. The default location of your files can be changed there. "MichaelJ" <MichaelJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Files won't open when dbl click on filename
We have a small 3 station network - all running XP Pro SP2 and Exce 2000 SP3. On only one of the stations when you double click on the .xl filename in My Computer, excel starts up but the file doesn't load. just get a blank excel screen. File associations are all set correctl and I have double checked network settings, folder is shared etc etc I'm stumped. 2 of 3 stations work perfectly - excel opens and file load. Please help!! Thanks : -- Global MH ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Global MHP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...

opening Msn and yahoo email
How do I open my yahoo and my MSN email accounts in outlook 2000 I don't know about MSN,but with Yahoo,you will probably need to have POP access (which they charge for at the moment) or download something like YahooPOPs or a similar POP3 emulator. Hope this helps. "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dc8201c46aad$a3111a30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I open my yahoo and my MSN email accounts in > outlook 2000 ...

Cannot open file form File Open menu
If i select the File menu and then open nothing happens, if I use the Task pane and click on more my file list appears. I can also launch excel files from explores. Why does the file/open menu not work. There was a virus that affected the File|Save, File|SaveAs and File|Open. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save Files in Office Programs maybe you got hit. (I'm not sure if this affected the taskpane, though.) danny tew wrote: > > If i select the File menu and then open nothing happens, > ...

2003 vs previous version
Hi, I use MSNStockQuote functions in 2002 version. Now, it seems no longer exists in 2003. I can use the smart tags, but it works entirely differently. Wonder if anyone knows if I am missing something or MS does it again, like the new ASP.net does not back support ASP...! -- thanks in advance for your input, EM I don't have 2003 but it might help to do a windows find on *iqy to see where they are in 2002 and in 2003. Copy over or download? I really don't know if this will help but it's what I would try. BTW, I use Yahoo and download quotes with an query instead of the iq...

CRM 3.0 Units vs Teams vs Territories Which to Use
We recently certified on CRM 3.0 and now have a major debate going on as to what should be defined as a Business Unit, Territory or Team or even Site. For example, we have two offices: east (also Head Office) and west. We have a large sales group in the East office and groups of service staff: consulting, professional, technical, infrastructure, training as wel as Coporate (Finance,HR, Admin). We are a major IT Reseller and service provider. It has been suggested that teams should be more temporary or smaller sections of units. Any advice on what should be a business unit: just...