Visual Studio 2010 Quirk?

I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the
Solution Explorer.
Add New Folder.
Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder.
They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh.
If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it
opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual
Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder,
but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view
shows both!!
Really strange....
I cant even see the files if I restart the IDE.
Anybody see this before?
Thanks
0
AMP

Which kind of project ? Web site or web application ?

If this is a web application project it looks expected to me. VS only shows
file that are part of the project. You should have a "show all files" option
that allows to show also those who are not part of the project...

--
Patrice

"AMP" <ampeloso@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
>I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the
> Solution Explorer.
> Add New Folder.
> Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder.
> They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh.
> If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it
> opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual
> Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder,
> but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view
> shows both!!
> Really strange....
> I cant even see the files if I restart the IDE.
> Anybody see this before?
> Thanks

0
Patrice
5/14/2010 9:16:17 AM
Am 14.05.2010 11:16, schrieb Patrice:
> Which kind of project ? Web site or web application ?
>
> If this is a web application project it looks expected to me. VS only
> shows file that are part of the project. You should have a "show all
> files" option that allows to show also those who are not part of the
> project...

.... and a very simple way to add files to a project is to put them in a
folder via drag and drop. You can also drag and drop existing files from
the folder in the same folder in VS 2010.

Best,
Hilmar

0
Hilmar
5/14/2010 4:27:47 PM
On May 14, 1:29=A0am, AMP <ampel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the
> Solution Explorer.
> Add New Folder.
> Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder.
> They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh.
> If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it
> opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual
> Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder,
> but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view
> shows both!!
> Really strange....
> I cant even see the files if I restart the IDE.
> Anybody see this before?
> Thanks

I'm not sure about "visual studio 2010" folder issue, but that
behavior with "no" files is exactly how "show all files" option works
when it is turned off.  To see all files in a solution, click the Show
All Files button above the project node in the solution explorer. Hope
this helps
0
Alexey

Colors flakey in Excel 2010?
The fill and font colors change on me on their own. Just now I was editing one cell and another cell changed its font from black to white. It had been filled with red. This is the first time I've actually seen it happen, but I've been plagued with colors (mostly fill) changing behind my back. Also, when I send a spreadsheet to someone else who's running 2007, she sees very different colors. We haven't been able to reproduce this at will, but have seen it with non standard colors. Does this ring a bell with anyone? TIA LAS ...

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

autocad electrical 2010 autodesk full download crack torrent ,KlQ@#vACX
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = yshowsoft@gmail.com email = yshowsoft at gmail.com NEW UPDATES 2010 Artpro 9.5r4 with license (minimal of 2 license) Oris Press Matcher fiery impose Fiery Color Profiler 2 Preps 6.0r3 Dynagram Dynastrip v6.0.1 Dynagram inpO2 Artpro 9.0r8 (all modules included) Esko Visualizer 7.5.5 Esko Softwares Suite V7.5 PC/Mac Trueflow SE6.0.1 with SPM fully crack Heidelberg SignaStation v4.5.10.91...

after succesful installation, now outlook 2010 beta will shotdown
outlook was working fine, i was working on contact folder, and then it closed with an error, and since then, when outlook starts imeediately dims down and wont start ( closes down) how can you fix ? thanks for your help What was the error and what has been logged to the Event Viewer? Does it still load in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) For additional solutions to startup issues see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outloo...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

SetFocus Quirk
I have a form that gets called with a wide variety of OpenArgs and looks a reacts specifically with each argument. I do all the cosmetics in the load event of the form. The form absically has, from top down, 1. a label with a message describing the mode of the form. 2. an option group with 4 options with accompanying labels, either of which may be hidden or visible depending on the form argument 3. a command button that carries out the forms action when clicked. The action again depends on opening argument to the form. In most instances, the option group defaults to null, which...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

Unable to debug clr procs on studio pro
When I attempt to debug aclr proc from a windows 2008 box that has studio 2008 pro I am able to deploy the proc. But I receive first a warning then an exception WARNING: Unable to determine if the windows firewall is blocking remote debugging. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. T-SQL execution ended without debugging. You may not have sufficient permissions to debug. Click Help for more information. I'm using Integrated auth in sql connections and am a domain admin on both of the servers. I see nothing in the logs on the sql box that is h...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

2010: Linking from Business Contact Manager is failing
If i make a link from projects or project tasks in BCM 2010 to OneNote 2010 and then open it in OneNote, there will come a normal Outlook task form and not the original project or project task form. Same issue with BCM 2007 and OneNote 2007. After SP2 linking with project tasks is working fine, but linking with projects is still not working. Please fix it!! ...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Error #2
When I open Outlook 2000, the first time I ger the following error "RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM:C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE" It says this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. There are two of us on the outlook e-mail that we share. We have two profiles and sepaarate PAB & PST files. I get it the first time, and when I close it out, it will open on the second go around with no problem. When I open the other profile, I get it the first time I open it, the...

Visual Studio 8.
I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? TonyG wrote: > I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. > > Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9 is released. :-) > > Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? Yes. Bo Persson Yes and yes. No reason to go through all those other version in my opinion. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message ne...

visual aesthetics
does anyone have any links to pages on spreadsheet design from a 'visual aesthetic' viewpoint. i have been building spreadsheets for some years now and have found very little on the finer points of aesthetics. ...

Visual Studio SP1
Any ideas when it will be avaliable? why asking? Do u found any bugs? And which Visual Studio are you talking about? "JoeB" <joe____A_A_A_A_A_ANoSpamPleaseThankyou_@kybert.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:OmZecnJHEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Any ideas when it will be avaliable? > > > Im talking about VS.net 2003, i bought it a while ago and uninstalled it because its far too unusable. Im not using VS.net 2002 which is more stable, but still very buggy. joe "Dmitri Zhukov" <dimazhn@yandex.ru> wrote in message new...

Vista antispyware 2010
Can some one tell me where to find information on getting "Vista Antispyware 2010" off my computer? I don't know how I got this problem but I am having trouble finding a way to remove it and it is driving me crazy. I have trend micro internet security pro but it didn't seem to pick it up. I need help badly!!! Thanks, Boria wrote: > Can some one tell me where to find information on getting "Vista > Antispyware 2010" off my computer? I don't know how I got this > problem but I am having trouble finding a way to remove it and it is ...

Visual C++ versus Visual Basic
Hello, I am aware that this is not a very appropriate place for my questions, but I don't know any other more appropriate place. I have been programming for last 20 years, using Basic, Pascal, Fortran and C++. Of these I liked mostly C++. I usually learned languages by using language interpreter help. Only recently I had to go Visual. I started with Visual Basic for a easy introduction and despite minor starting problems (being Visual means conceptually different) I am now fluent in Visual Basic too. However, when I tried Visual C++, I hit solid brick wall for the first time ...

Can my MFC Regular DLL run in C++ and Visual Basic?
I have an MFC based dialog application that I want to convert to a DLL. So, as a test, I created a simple MFC Regular DLL that is statically linked to MFC. The DLL has two functions: one to add two ints and return the result and the other to run a dialog contained in the DLL. I can build a simple MFC client app to test the DLL and it works. But when I try to run the DLL using Visual Basic I get a 'Bad calling convention' error. Apparently, this can be solved by adding _stdcall to the exported functions. As I understand it, the problem is due to the fact that there is a difference ...

MS Visual Basic error in Outlook
Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger to send an email. I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, How can I fix it ? "XP User" <my_email@is.private.com> wrote in message news:sb27g.4$RO4.3@fe12.lga... > Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) > window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger > to send an email. > > I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, > > How can I fix it ? Fix the code ? Supply more info so we have a better idea what your problem...

XP visual styles
How to use xp visual styles in DLL's? For example like IE toolbars. -- P >How to use xp visual styles in DLL's? Peter, Have a look at "Using Windows XP Visual Styles", "Using ComCtl32 Version 6 in an Application That Uses Extensions, Plug-ins, or a DLL That Is Brought into a Process" in the MSDN documentation. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq This article might help... http://www.codejock.com/support/KB/002003.asp Tom "Peter Mihalik" <grex@kmit.sk> wrote in message news:eOBacebmDHA.2772@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How to...

How to remove unprotected servers from DPM 2010
In DPM 2007, to remove an unprotected computer that no longer existed you just ran the task to uninstall the agent from that computer. The uninstall would fail (since the computer was not online) and you were given the option to delete the computer from DPM. In DPM 2010, the uninstall fails like in 2007, but then you are NOT given that same option to delete the computer from DPM. Is there a power shell command or script to remove these de-commisioned computers from DPM? If you are using Post beta builds you can run Remove-Productionserver.ps1 to remove the agent fr...

Problem with OutputTo in Access 2007 + Visual Studio 2005
Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong group. I'm converting an application I wrote in Visual Studio 2002 + MS Access 2002. It was a console application that was executed from an Access Macro. The application would open up the current Access Database, it would export a particular report to HTML, then it would call a webservice on a remote server to send out the exported file via email to a distribution list. I'm converting this to Visual Studio 2005 + MS Access 2007, so that I can export the reports to PDF. Everything converted over just fine, except that I can no longe...

Going from Visual Studio 6.0 to Visual Studio 2003
Hi all, My main interest in Visual Studio is using MFC with C++. I'd like to go from VS 6.0 to VS 2003, but I feel like a fish out of water with VS 2003. The interface is remarkably different and much less intuitive than VS 6.0. Are there any online resources to help people make the transition from 6.0 to 2003? Kind of like a "Migrating To VS 2003 for dummies" or something like that! For me, it was simply a matter of importing my MFC projects and recompiling. The only thing I had to hunt around for was the Wizards, which are done a bit differently. But it wasn't a probl...