Using Page.RegisterClientsideScript with arguments

I need to use a javascript and set a couple arguments in it from the
vb.net code behind. I can get this working

(sb is a stringbuilder)

Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript()", sb.ToString());

but what I need is...

Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript", sb.ToString("string1",
"string2"));

Thanks!

0
Dave

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 05:01:49 -0500, Dave wrote:

>I need to use a javascript and set a couple arguments in it from the
>vb.net code behind. I can get this working
>
>(sb is a stringbuilder)
>
>Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript()", sb.ToString());
>
>but what I need is...
>
>Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript", sb.ToString("string1",
>"string2"));

The obvious problem is the StringBuilder type's ToString method
doesn't have an overload that takes two strings as arguments and
returns the desired script. An extension method could be written or a
different way to return the script could be used.

Here is an example of how I build and register client-side scripts.

string key = "ShowHideRefinementsScript";
string script = getShowHideRefinementScript();
Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), key,
script, true);

regards
A.G.
0
Registered
10/9/2010 11:53:20 AM
assuming that sb contents contain your formatting string and that striing1
and string2 are the agruments ,
change
    sb.ToString("string1","string2")
    string.Format(sb.ToString() , "string1" , "string2" )

"Registered User" <n4jvp@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 05:01:49 -0500, Dave wrote:
>
>>I need to use a javascript and set a couple arguments in it from the
>>vb.net code behind. I can get this working
>>
>>(sb is a stringbuilder)
>>
>>Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript()", sb.ToString());
>>
>>but what I need is...
>>
>>Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript", sb.ToString("string1",
>>"string2"));
>>

> The obvious problem is the StringBuilder type's ToString method
> doesn't have an overload that takes two strings as arguments and
> returns the desired script. An extension method could be written or a
> different way to return the script could be used.
>
> Here is an example of how I build and register client-side scripts.
>
> string key = "ShowHideRefinementsScript";
> string script = getShowHideRefinementScript();
> Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), key,
> script, true);
>

> regards
> A.G.

0
gerry

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

Spending by Category Report on Home Page
I have Customized my Spending by Category Report to not include Taxes and some other stuff (under the Reports tab). However, I also have the Spending by Category report show up on my Home Page. This report does not include the customizations I made under Reports, so it shows ALL categories. Anyone know how to make the Home Page report be the same as the other one? Thanks! Hi, The report on the home page is not customizeable. I believe this is rather meant to give you a general overview of your spending. Infact if you watch closely at regular intervals the all the homepage charts ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Include two different page orientations into one document
I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. Please help! Rotate the text and images on one page 90�. Or, create two files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "forest3girl" <forest3girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DADE117-0B7B-4ADF-B4FF-196CC4639ACC@microsoft.com... > I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 > differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. > > Please help! ...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

High number of page faults per second, but has enough memory?
Hi, I'm having a problem with an application, it easily has enough physical RAM but it's generating a very large number of page faults (2000 per second). Does anyone know why this might be? ...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

how to insert both page numbers and footers in the same document
Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I insert first You need to put the page number _in_ the footer (or header). What steps are you performing? Which version of Word? On Jan 19, 5:54=A0am, Sheila <She...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same > document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I > insert first I'm guessing this is Word 2007 and you are using the Build...

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Allow temporarily use of right click

How do I add other page size options to Page setup?
I just reinstalled Word 2003 on a new machine. I had recalled Page Setup offerred a variety of page sizes, ie card (3x5 and 4X6) legal, etc. But all I have now are A4 and letter. How do I add other paper size options? The paper size options are provided by your printer driver. Have you installed a printer and set it as the Windows default? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Paper size selection" <Paper size selection@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E16DD586-C298-4EAF-8...

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

Sub/Function Arguments
I have posted this question in programming questions too... However, I am wondering if it is possible to provide options for Sub/Function arguments just as VB does for intrisic methods, so that when a user is typing out the method call, a drop down box appears for each argument showing available options? Thanks In Advance "MPM1100" <MPM1100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5D8FD83-9227-4C7F-B717-0C0E29E6CECA@microsoft.com... >I have posted this question in programming questions too... However, I am > wondering if it is possible to provide options ...