Switching to design mode causes VS 2008 to freeze.

When I'm working on a web project and switch a page from source to design
mode, VS hangs.

Anybody have any thoughts?

This doesn't appear to project specific - just that's it's a web page
(.aspx) when it happens.

TIA - Jeff.

0
Mr

Print Preview crashes in Release mode
In Debug mode, the Print Preview works find but in Release mode, the program crashes (unhandle exception) before OnPreparePrinting is called by the framework. The application is a MDI using a FormView. Does anybody have an idea what the heck is going on? John It can be due to a number of reasons. You might want to take Dr. Watson help. In many cases, it gives the call stack will tell you where exactly the crash occured. Click Start->Run. Type drwtsn32 to launch it. Select full crash dump and visual notification. Now try repeating your crash. Examine the log file which Dr. Watson creates...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

HELP: Large email causes outlook to hang and Log files to grow uncontrollably
I need help and fast. I have a mailbox that has one email (a Undeliverable message) that is more than 65 mb big and everytime I try to delete it in Outlook it hangs and then my exchange log files grow uncontrollably. Once I kill outlook the log files stop growing. How on earth can I delete this email? -- Rob "I'm the only guy in NASCAR history that went across the line upside down and still finish 4th." MDBVU32.exe Its in the support tools on the cd... "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rkircher@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:eXiz8tZYFHA.2664@T...

Relative vs Absolute hyperlinks
Hello I'm having trouble grasping how I can make a relative or an absolute hyperlink to an external file. When I browse to the file in the hyperlink men, which is on the file server in the domain network, I get the full path. But sometimes the path starts with \\..\..\ instead, and here the links are now for the first part relative, and don't work on ohter PC's. I checked the properties of the document, and the hyperlink base field is empty. If I add something here, some relative links get corrected, some don't, but when I delete the entry in the hyperlink base field again, ...

filenames? workbook vs. worksheet
An using MS Office 2002 Excel. Wondering what extensions (.xls or .xlw) the filenames should be. Microsoft help defines a workbook as having (multiple) spreadsheets. Seems like no matter how many/few worksheets you create, when you go to save the file, it always defaults to _______.xls, and the "Save as type" defaults to "MIcrosoft Excel workBOOK, .xls. Is .xls the new "standard" file extension for everything, regardless of number of sheets? Is ___.xlw (the "w" used to indicate "workbook) a relic of the past. I created a few new files and specified...

VB script fails in Outlook 2003 cache mode
I am running Outlook 2003 in cache moed to an exchange server 2003. I am trying to resolve a problem accessing the SentOn property for MailItems residing in the Inbox (ost) folder. When the script runs in non cache mode it works as expected - when in cache mode it fails. Need some help in either a work around that will work regardless of the mode cache or non cache . Below is code snip of the: ------------------------------------------ Set oFolder = oApp.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder Item.UserProperties.Find("ItemsInInbox") = oFolder.Items.Count Item.UserProperties.Find("Fo...

Access 2007, Cannot open Properties window in form design view.
First time use of Access 2007 on new install from Office Ultimate on XP SP2 Created a new database. Created a new form. Right Click on the form and select properties. Nothing happens. Same result for a button on the form. Rebooted the computer with no change in behavior. Same experience with a report. Cant see any configuration setting that will disable or hide the design properties window other than the properties sheet button in the database tools tab.show/hide section and it has no effect Thanks in advance for any assistance, RobGMiller... On Apr 5, 5:20 pm, imagirlgeek <imag...

SBS 2008 HW
Hi folks, I'm about to purchase new HW to migrate from SBS2003 Premium to SBS2008 Premium, and I plan to virutalize and install at least two servers on the one box. I guess if I go with SBS2008 Premium I get two servers anyway. I have quotes from both Dell and HP. Dell - PE R710, 24G Ram, Dual Quad Core E5520 CPU's 584G Disk (Raid 5), non-Redundant Power, 5 Year Pro Support Warranty. HP - DL380 G6, 20G Ram, Dual Quad Core E5520 CPU's, 584G Disk (Raid 5), Redudant Power, 3 Year Standard Warranty I think either one will work fine overall, just curious which you would...

Cached Mode disables addressing emails with First Last name format
In Outlook 2003 (just upgraded) using Cached Mode, I notice that I can no longer address emails with a simple, normal name (e.g., "john doe"), even though that name exists in the Global Address List. (Previous Outlook versions allowed this when synching to an offline folder was enabled.) Now when I attempt to address an email with the "FirstName LastName" format in the To box, I get a dialog stating that "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize "john doe" " . This only happens when Cached Mode is enabled. Am I faced with a choice here: I...

Form design 10-09-07
Dear Sirs, I changed the background color of my form but the bar "record selector" is showing the original color. How can I change the color of the "record selector bar" as well to the form background color? Thanks Klaus On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 03:26:01 -0700, Amateur wrote: > Dear Sirs, > I changed the background color of my form but the bar "record selector" is > showing the original color. > How can I change the color of the "record selector bar" as well to the form > background color? > Thanks > Klaus You cannot change the reco...

unload event and change to design mode
I have an unload event that prevents FormB from closing when FormA is open. The unload event runs when anyone tries to close FormB, but it also runs when I switch FormB to design mode. Is there any way that I can prevent the unload event from triggering when I switch from form view to design view? Thanks. Mary No. You can't prevent an event running. Perhaps you could add a line like this to the General Declarations section of a standard module: Public Const bDebugMode = True Then in the event you want to suppress: If Not bDebugMode Then Cancel = True End If ...

What are the Color CMYK for the Default Design Chart Colors
I am using the default design colors for Excel 2007 and would like to know how I can find out the name of the colors used and their CMYK numbers so I can match that color to other things I'm using. I am using Style 15 (it looks baby blueish). Hi, You can see the RBG color numbers or the HSL color model by selecting the color and choosing More Color under the color area you are working with and then Custom. You can see the name for the colors being used by the current Theme by choosing Page Layout, Colors from the Themes group, Create new theme color, open the drop down beside...

Poster Size, Designing in landscape mode
Publisher will not let me design in landscape mode when I am trying to create a poster (24x36"). Has anyone figured a way to work around this? Does the default printer allow you to print something that size? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher "Sebastian" <Sebastian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C25217-B6CD-44B1-8678-A43B608930B4@microsoft.com... > Publisher will not let me design in landscape mode when I am trying to > create > a poster (24x36"). Has anyone figured a way to work around this? What version Publisher? I...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Destryoing modeless dialog in a modeless thread causes deadlock
Hello there, I've created a user-interface thread to manage modeless dialog. I use it to display comforting "Please wait..." messages to the user while worker threads do lengthy operations (in this case, tasking robotics, but that's not important). So, here's a use case: The user initiates a long process by selecting a menu item. In the main GUI message handler, a worker thread is created to do perform the operation. The message handler returns. The worker thread creates a user-interface thread, which creates a modeless dialog. Any time the worker thread needs t...

Web site design
Ok - as you've all figured out by now, I've created my web page in Publisher 2000. The company that I'm thinking about using for web hosting has said that I can use this program - but suggested for me to surf around some other sites...and then when I'm more comfortable switch to FrontPage. As I'm not a web designer - I really don't want to go to this expense of buying a new program for a single Web site. Do I really need to? Suggestions, please! Tammy This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01C5_01C47DE1.0DA0EBA0 Content-Type: text/...

what causes excel to take so long to load a spreadsheet
when i open a spreadsheet it takes far to long to load it. once the hard drive starts to run it loads quick seems that it doesnt know where the spreadsheet is. =?Utf-8?B?anVuaW9y?= <junior@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:EAD6652B-29B2-4F04-A181-0581C12ADBB8@microsoft.com: > when i open a spreadsheet it takes far to long to load it. > once the hard drive starts to run it loads quick seems that it doesnt > know where the spreadsheet is. > How long and what's the size? Let you go your HDD to sleep? -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in '...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

How do I tell if Frontpage was used to design a website?
The developers of my website are long gone and I know nothing about what they did. I think it was deisgned in Frontpage, bit am not sure. Once I know that I would like to "convert" it to something that would allow me make changes to the site easily...maybe a visual website designer..is there such a thing? To see if your website is designed in FrontPage a Link to your website will help us. CoffeeCup.com Say:: Visual Site Designer is a WYSIWYG Website creator and editor that helps you make WebPages with no experience or HTML knowledge. Just drag and drop images or ...

After designing a single slide,it only partially paints on laptop
On the design page for PP 2007 it works well, but when I put it to "run" it only paints about 1/2 of the program. I have a new Toshiba laptop and have done other such Christmas designs on other machines. I am not certain about "resolution". On the menu bar it says resolution is 800X600. Does my monitor have to correspond to that resolution? What about those who receive it? thanks for your help. ...

Outlook 2003 won't send email after computer wakes from sleep mode
I'm using outlook 2003 on windows 7. Beginning only recently I'm see a pattern where mail gets stuck in the outbox the first use after my computer is awakened from sleep mode. If I delete the email from the outbox after it gets stuck ... and wait a while (at least 10 minutes usually) making sure the computer doesn't go sleep again, outlook functions fine. Any thoughts? Thank you. ...

What causes .emf files to be created in Excel?
I have one workbook that writes several hundred .emf files to the temp drive everytime I open it. I always clean my temp drive, yet the workbook takes 30minutes to open because it generates all these .emf files every time. My workbook has no graphics in it. I did copy and past a larget amount of data in from a web based application. I am just really curious why *.emf files get created in Excel and how I can prevent them from being created in the future. Thanks, george giorgio@gmail.com wrote in news:1122597739.356793.117490 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com: > I have one workbook that ...

Place Card Design
I can't seem to find a place card design in Publisher. I'm sure I've used it before - does anyone have any info? Thanks! ...

How can I include the appendix designation (A, B...) in the TOC
I want page numbering to include Appendix designation (i.e., A-1, B-10, etc.) which will appear in the TOC and tables of figures and tables. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm and http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numbering/NumberingAppendixes.html -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "HerrHook" <HerrHook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E46453D-B873-4493-AAE7-3CD8D9DC109B@microsoft.com... >I want page numbering to include Appendix designation (i.e., A...

Multiple bulk operation processes causes duplication
when a quick campaign is run it creates duplicated activities. the following code reveals Select * from wfprocess where entitytype = 4406 that there is actually more than one bulk process being triggered. any help on how to resolve this? -- IT Manager ...