Role-based authentication from active directory

Hello,

I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in the
network (Active Directory)

How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based)

Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particular
page.

Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this.

Thanks

0
Biranchi

On Feb 15, 8:31=A0pm, "Biranchi Narayan Panda"
<biranchi_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in t=
he
> network (Active Directory)
>
> How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based)
>
> Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particu=
lar
> page.
>
> Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this.
>
> Thanks

Please read more here:

You can also check this post
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/pages/Recipe_3A00_-Implementing-Role_2D00_Ba=
sed-Security-with-ASP.NET-2.0-using-Windows-Authentication-and-SQL-Server.a=
spx
0
Alexey
2/15/2010 8:20:51 PM
On Feb 15, 9:20=A0pm, Alexey Smirnov <alexey.smir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 8:31=A0pm, "Biranchi Narayan Panda"
>
> <biranchi_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in=
 the
> > network (Active Directory)
>
> > How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based)
>
> > Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a parti=
cular
> > page.
>
> > Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this.
>
> > Thanks
>
> Please read more here:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998358.aspxhttp://msdn.microsof=
t.com/en-us/library/ms998314.aspx

> You can also check this posthttp://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/pages/Recipe_3=
A00_-Implementing-Role_2...

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Biranchi Narayan Panda
<biranchi_panda@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thank you so much Alexey. That was a real help.
I'm a beginner and help like this is really necessary for me!

Glad, that it helped you.
0
Alexey

Fill Down based on variable, offset?
Hi all and thanks for such an AMAZING site! You've vicariously gotte me out of several programming jams in the past, and I'm now a littl embarrassed to find myself between a code and a hard place. I am writing (trying, anyway) VBA to do the following: Once a macro is executed, excel looks at rows that have the followin information: ColA ColB ColC ColD ITEM# SLOT# DESCRIPTION # of Labels 5301 DF212 Black Beans 5 1624 CA172 Rice 2 I need to tell excel to (on a different sheet) create: 5301 Black Beans DF2...

Business Portal Roles
On Bus Portal - go to Site Settings | Application Settings | Reports | Manage Reports Catalog. Select a report and click on Modify Role. On the Select Roles list, the Roles should be in alphabetical order. We have a lot of Roles and it is very time consuming to find the one we want. Thanks Ann -- ACG ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

Copy Business Portal Role to New Role
Would like to be able to create a new Business Portal role based upon the attributes of an existing role (clone). Lisa, Thanks for using the newsgroup and for your suggestion. The functionality you want is being implemented for version 3.0 of Business Portal. Thank you, Rob Bernhardt[MSFT] Software Test Engineer Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lisa Williams" wrote: > Would like to be able to create a new Business Portal role based upon the > attributes of an existing role (clone). ...

Money no authentication version coming?
It's no small surprise that I've noticed many people on here talking about the demise of Microsoft Money. I've read in several posts that Microsoft is planning to come out with a version that doesn't require online authentication so that it can be used as a stand-alone, offline application indefinitely, or at least until some future OS conflict breaks it in the distant future. Does anyone actually know anything about this product? Is it going to be a product for sale? A free download? A patch to the existing final version that will remove the online authentication proce...

Build List Based On Criteria
I have a list of True/False questions. When the user answers True, I want that question to show in another column, if the answer is false, I want to ignore it. For example: A B C Dallas is located in Texas? True Dallas is located in Texas Houston is located in Texas? True Houston is located in Texas Oklahoma City is located in Texas? False El Paso is located in Texas El Paso is located in Texas? True San Antonio is located in Texas Austin is...

Change range based on value of a cell
Hi all, I'm trying to do a COUNTIF, but want to change the range depending on a number somewhere else in the spreadsheet. For example, if the number is 3, I want to count from C1:G1, but if the number is 4 I want to count from D1:G1. I've used the address function to find out which cell I want to start from, and then concatenated that to the end point of the range (this never changes). So I'm left with a cell that contains the value of the range (C1:G1 or D1:G1) depending upon the number which is input above. Is it possible to use this cell, which contains the value C1:G1 to repl...

Unified messageing role
Is PBX OR IP/PBX support is provided with Microsoft Exchange server 2007 beta version or they are going to support in the final release only? ...

How to change the colour of a cell(s) based on cell value
Hello guys, I am stuck on this rather simple problem. Could not find any hel searching Google. I want to change the colour of a cell to green if the vallue is = Tru and to red if it is False. I have tried to use the Conditional Formating but without joy. Thank you -- Artful Dodge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Artful Dodger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32059 Hi select the cells choose format / conditional formatting choose cell...

Users and Their Roles
Hello, I am configuring Microsoft CRM for the first time in a small organization. I have run into a situation where users have many functions and may not fall under the roles specified in the list of roles to assign the new user. My question is where can I find a detailed description as to what these roles are. I have been unable to find any such documentation. Thank You, Dale Renaud Systems Administrator Dale, There is some info on the "canned" roles in the Implementation Guide. That said, MS also recommends that you do NOT modify these roles. The recommendat...

Help with activating window from Application.GetOpenFilename
I am new to VBA and I have spent hours trying to solve the following macro. Currently, this code works how I want it except I would like to change the of the file names of "Book1.xls" and "Book2.xls" to file paths for variables "sFile1" and "dFile". For example, if I selected "Book4.xls" and "Book5.xls", I would like the activewindow to be reflected these file paths instead. thanks for any help! Curt J Sub CopyPaste() Dim sFile As Workbook Set sFile = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename) Dim dFi...

Add Company Name to Activity Detail Report
Hi All, I have the following query to extract the contacts company name. I need to have this show on the Activity Detail report however, when I add the code to the DSMain dataset, It only returns the company name with no other data. Here is the code for the query: SELECT dbo.MCSvw_Activity.activitytype, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.username, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.datecreated, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.Regarding, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.Subject, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.Description, CASE WHEN objecttype = 2 THEN contact.parentcustomeridname ELSE CASE WHEN objecttype = 1 T...

Knowledge Base 929445
Hey everyone. Does anyone know what changes are made in the GP update outlined in KB929445 (to version 9.00.0291)? The updates page lists this as the KB number for the update, but after almost a month of waiting there is still no information posted on the web. We need this update to update the Canadian Payroll tax tables, but the number of modules affected by it is extensive. We need to know what is affected so we know what we should be testing. Any information would be helpful. Thanks! ...

Code Access Security(CAS) and Role Based Security(RBS)
Hi! Which of these Code Access Security(CAS) and Role Based Security(RBS) are checked first ? I think it's the CAS and then the RBS ? Does anyone know if this is correct of me. //Tony ...

Admin role deleted from logged in user.
Bit of a problem here... would appreciate some advise. Logged in user removed 'admin' role from their MSCRM user profile... now we can't get back in to mange roles. Has anyone resolved this before? Help appreciated? thanx resolved. "joem@cogentec.com" <joem@cogentec.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A433FEC4-3922-4E2F-9FD5-3C7A483452B5@microsoft.com... > Bit of a problem here... would appreciate some advise. > > Logged in user removed 'admin' role from their MSCRM user profile... now we > can't get back in to mange ro...

Knowledge Base and font size
Hi, I am really frustrated with the knoeldge base in CRM. While on the one hand it makes sense to use it there are many short commings arround it (no attachments, customization, etc.). One big problem I currently have is, that when I paste an entry from the knowledge base into an email the fonts of the article text are huge (like 12 px or more). I was able to change the size of the title and everything, but I do not find any way to change the size of the article text. If anyone has an idea on that I would really appreciate it. Kind Regards Enno ...

Changing color of text based on formula result
It' tough getting old. Can someone please refresh my memory as to how you change the color of a cell's contents based on the result of the formula? Thanks. Mark Mark, Conditional Formatting is what you're after. Take a look here for examples: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html John Mark wrote: > It' tough getting old. Can someone please refresh my > memory as to how you change the color of a cell's contents > based on the result of the formula? Thanks. > > Mark ...

Difference between Authentications
Hi, can you tell me the difference between Anonymous authentication, basic authentication, integrated windows authentication and digest authentication. Anonymous access uses an a special type of user account (typically a local account) to launch processes on behalf of a user. From the user's perspective it means they don't have to logon or authenticate for a network resource. Basic authentication requires a user name and password to be provided and this is sent as clear text and as such is not very secure. Integrated windows authentication uses the privileges associated with the...

AD authentication
Hello, I would like to ask you what is the minimum packet size for AD (ldap) authentication between WinXP Pro and Win2003 R2. I am working in the brancj office and we are connected with main company through VPN - here is located server farm with DC. Sometimes we have troubles with domain logons. I found that big packets (more than 1500) can not by delivered to the server. When I reset ISP router Cisco 1800, authentication is again ok. ISP gived me status, that his devices wokrs fine and problem is on the our side, because he tested ping after device restart :( Tommorow I hav...

Authentication in CRM SDK
I started using the CRM SDK and have copied examples for creating Leads/Contact from the examples, but everytime I run them I get a 401 (Unauthorized) error. How do I need to set everything up so that I can be authenticated using bizUser.WhoAmI()? The error is always thrown when this is called. I am in a differenet domain from the crm server. Aint gonna happen, sorry mate. The best you can do, is to do impersonate, but if you want to do that, your iis server needs to be trusted for delegation. regards Rihan "adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

I need to filter based on colour
Hello I have a spreadsheet of Excel 2003 in which in one column (column B) there are entries coloured yellow and some with no colour (white). I need to filter and see only the yellow entries . But I need to filter all the columns of the spreadsheet based upon the yellow colour of column B. So I can see all the information in every other column of those yellow entries of column B. Can someone help me? Thanks Jimmy Unless all the yellows are derived from the same formula for a custom autofilte then you would need to have a for each loop macro that hid the non yellow rows. -- Don Guil...

Import CSV file contacts into ACtive Directory
OK.. so I have been fighting to get this working and I am still unable to get the file working. I have read all instructions I can find on CSVDE and cannot get how to fix this. I am trying to import all contacts from our former webmail to Exchange 03. I have the file, but when I go to import it, I get this log Connecting to "(null)" > Logging in as current user using SSPI > Importing directory from file "c:\csvde.txt" > objectClass Attribute not defined > 0 entries modified successfully. > An error has occurred in the program Anyone know how I can fix th...

Knowledge-base Features
Does anyone have detailed information about the KB feature in CRM? Are there planned improvements for version 4.0? Does MS have a KB article about the CRM KB feature? Hi, You can visit following URL to get overview of Knowledge base features http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb875985.aspx Knowledge base articles works in same way in 4.0 as it used to work in 3.0. Let me know if you want to know something specific on knowledge base. Cheers, Rohit Kumar Project Consultant - MS CRM GrapeCity "JohnMSyrasoft" wrote: > Does anyone have detailed information about the K...

Difference between the active project and Open Project ?
"Calculation Mode Choosing Automatic specifies that a project´┐Żs variables should be calculated automatically (as soon as a change is made). When set to Manual, you will be forced to click the Calculate Now button (also shown in Figure 4-60) to recalculate your project. A couple of shortcut keys are tied to manual calculation. To recalculate all *open projects*, press F9. To recalculate just the *active project*, press Shift+F9." Could you tell me, what is the difference between the active project and Open Project ? -- ks2008 -------------------------------------...

Security Role Enquiry
Hi, I understand CRM has a Security Role setup. And udner a tab call Core Records, we have Share column. What does this share column means? Does it mean that for instance Sales Person A owns 5 acct and Sales person B owns 3 acct and if share is not configures on Accounts object, it means Sales person B cant see Sales Person A's 5 account? Kindly assist pls. Thank you and regards -- Johnson Share rights give a user the ability to share "their" access to a record to another user. So, if a user has only Read access to a Contact, they can "share" their Read access...

Problem with wizard generated Active Document Container/Server
Hi, I posted the following in the vc.mfcole group, but that group seems kinda dead, so now I try to post it here instead.... If I create an active document server that is also a container through the wizard, it doesn't seem to be working correctly. If you run the standard wizard generated project and insert the server/container in itself twice (to get an instance that is acting as a container and server at the same time), it is unable to shut down. It gives an assert in oleipfrm.cpp (line 97 in VS.NET 2003 and line 94 in the VS2005beta2). The problem is the same even if I use a...