Overriding FIPS Policy in ASP.NET

I was getting an error about the encryption not conforming the FIPS
policy.  And I found a nice article from MS on how to override the
encryption default in my ASP.NET application (using a web.config
setting) to use an encryption algorithm (like 3DES) that was FIPS
compliant.  Problem is that didn't work I still get the error and the
only way to stop it is to turn off FIPS policy in the registry.  This is
not an acceptable solution.  Why doesn't setting the encryption
algorithm in web.config not work?

Thx.

APA
0
APA

Outlook 2000 GROUP POLICY in Win2003 Domain
Recently built a Windows Server 2003 domain with trusts and all that. My only question is: Does Win2003 Server have Outlook settings for the Domain Group Policy like 2000 did? We were able to dictate some settings of Outlook 2000 in our Win2000 domain but this does not seem to be available in 2003, unless I need some sort of add-on. Any information on this? Much thanks, Gary Heller The adm files will be in the ORK (Office Resource Kit) http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/default.htm also see http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/three/50ct_1.htm and http://www.microsoft.co...

.NET API
Is there a specific API like MFC in .NET? I do not wish to used mananged extensions. ..Net has a lot of functionality available in Win32 and more. However it does not provide high level functionality provided in MFC. There is no Doc/View architecture in .Net framework. With the namespaces provided however, you may get away without it. They do have lot of patterns and practices on MSDN for .Net and MVC is one of them. You dont need to use C++ for .Net. For a new project, its advantageous to not use C++ if you are targeting .Net only. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Chuc...

newbie eConnect question.. using with .NET
I'm just starting to play around with eConnect.. eConnect was installed on one of our test Great Plains servers and i was able to compile and run the c# samples from that server.. but i want to be able to run the samples from another machine that doesn't have Great Plains installed (like my local development box). What do i need in order to be able to run the samples from another machine other than the Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.dll and Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.Serialization8.dll DLL's?? I recieve an error message when trying to run the samples from my local m...

Overloading/Overriding Dialog Constructor
I have an application where i want 2 dialogs to share the same class. I will pass in a value to the constructor to distinguish what dialog is using the class as there is some processing that is different for each dialog, a little but not a lot.. I have tried to overload the contructor but when that failed i tried to override it but that also gave me plenty of errors. Can anyone tell me the best way to overload / override a dialog constructor? Cheers Macca Hello try follow code fragements. And remember you must call the CDialiog constructor. regards p3p3 ..h ....8<......8<......8...

Cannot send to AOL or Earthlink.net
Since migrating to Exchange (from Sendmail) we are suddenly having problems sending to AOL and earthlink addresses. We are getting relaying denied NDRs. I have checked blacklists and we don't appear to be blacklisted by anyone. I have verified mx and ptr records. Any ideas as to how to troubleshoot and solve this problem? I am not sure that all aol and earthlink mail is getting refused, but the ones that are coming back as undeliverable are from those domains. Simple question: Are you using a dynamic or static Ip address? "dlocke" <dlocke@fife.k12.wa.us> wrote in m...

trying to programmatically change chart data range with vb.net
I'm trying to adjust the data range for a chart, based on how many rows of data have been imported in. The data range will be in the same worksheet as the chart. rowEnrolling and rowCnt are integers, but using integers to concat to a string has been working so far. Here's my line of code: ws.ChartObjects(1).chart.seriescollection(1).values = ws.Range("f" & rowEnrolling & ":f" & rowCnt - 1) and I get a "data type mismatch", I'm assuming that the seriescollection(1).values is not matching the ws.range Any pointers on this? Well, r...

Problems overriding CDateTimeCtrl
Hi, I copied and pasted some code from an example of customizing a CDateTimeCtrl from the Internet. Trying to compile and run the code in debug mode works fine, but it gives a weird date as the default instead of the current date. I am not sure how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Included is the header and source files. Thanks in advance, Brian HEADERFILE*********************************** #if !defined(AFX_UDDATETIMECTRL_H__E855E155_C4B6_11D2_84EB_00C04FB9D671__INCLUDED_) #define AFX_UDDATETIMECTRL_H__E855E155_C4B6_11D2_84EB_00C04FB9D671__INCLUDED_ #if _MSC_VER > 1000 #...

Is there an override?
I recently installed Money 2004 on a new PC. I also do online banking with Money through my financial institution. Since I've installed Money on a new PC, I also decided to start a new data file (I can't bring use my existing data file from my other PC). During the course of setting my accounts up for online service in Money, I am prompted to enter my online User ID and Password. The password I use for online banking is 7 characters in length, but Money is telling me the password needs to be exactly 4 characters. I can't get past this point because Money wants just a 4...

Overriding OnFileSaveAs()
In MyDocument.h (which is derived from CDocument) I define OnFileSaveAs(): public: virtual void OnFileSaveAs(); In MyDocument.cpp I have the function: void CMyDocument::OnFileSaveAs() { // I'll do something here. CDocument::OnFileSaveAs(); } However, the function doesn't get called when I choose Save As. I also overrode OnNewDocument() and OnOpenDocument() which do get called. They appear to be implemented the same way. One difference is that OnNewDocument() (etc) were listed as Messages in the ClassWizard, but OnFileSaveAs isn't there (altho...

Validating xCBL documents with .NET
I am creating a .NET application that will be receiving XML purchase order documents in xCBL 2.x, xCBL 3.0 and xCBL 3.5 format. I'm trying to figure out how to validate these XML docs against the appropriate schemas in .NET. Most of the xCBL documents will be defined by the SOX schema. I'm trying to use a Schema collection to add the SOX schema to it, but I receive a "The URI prefix is not recognized" when I try to add the xCBL 3.5 SOX to the Schema collection (I am able to add the xdr and xsd versions). Has anyone had to do this, or at least validate xCBL docum...

Editing recipient policy
Hi all, I recently added another mail domain to our exchange server and then I applied the policy. After the application the primary email address of all the users changed from name.surname@domain.com to alias@domain.com. I can obviously change the primary email addres back to name.surname@domain.com and untick the box where it says "update by recipient policy" but I dont want to do this for 100's of users. Can someone tell me how to edit the recipient policy in order to get name.surname@domain.com via the policy? Any help greatly appreciated. Roberto Under the default polic...

Overriding Create or CreateEx In an ActiveX Control
Is it possible to override Create or CreateEx in a ActiveX control? I have both overriden but neither is ever called. Kurt ...

Inserting XML Data Into a New Table FROM VB.NET
Can anyone help me figure out how to insert data into SQL Server when a table to hold the data does not yet exist. I am able to insert data into a existing table in the following fashion. But what if the table does not exist? Appreciate any help I can get. Private Sub InsertData() Dim objSQLConn As New SqlConnection("SERVER=.;UID=sa;PWD=;DATABASE=MyTest;") Dim objAdapter As SqlDataAdapter Dim objDataRow As DataRow 'Dataset row Dim objDBRow As DataRow 'SQL Server table row Dim objDSXML As New DataSet Dim objDSDBTable As...

Override downloaded ticker symbol
I download my portfolio from TD Waterhouse which I think uses the CUSIP symbol to represent options and not the .xxxxx symbol. I have a number of accounts and often I have the same option in both. Money always asks if this is the same equity or option as another one, lets me select it from the list, but it refuses to accept that I want to keep the existing symbol. It pops up that confusing Yes No Cancel dialog and just goes in circles. Any way to get around this? I end up getting duplicated transactions, multipls copies ofthe same equity and have to manually try to fix it all. ...

low price high quality items whosale & resale at www.alimamatrade.net
we would give our lowest price, www.alimamatrade.net 1. Before shipping the goods ,we check the cutting/stitching/high frequency/embroidery/assembly/cement carefully, until the goods are OK. 2. payment:western union,moneygram,bank transfer (T/T by bank). 3. shipping method:EMS,TNT,DHL other shipping as you prefer. 4. we provide best quality and competetive price to our customers, sample order & drop shipment are OK. Minimum order quantity is 1 delivery time is 4-6 days, send the goods door to door. if you have any other questions,welcome to contact me at any time. TKS! Shoes: Adidas Shoes...

Override
Can someone explain what the override feauture is used for in SOP??? and if it isnt supposed to be used...why is it there?? Tami Hi Tami Using Override Shortage can make your inventory figures hard to reconcile with the General Ledger. However, some companies have a business process where they must sell and invoice items before they have the stock. They then either manufacture or order in the stock before they ship. Personally, I would prefer to leave the document as an order and not invoice until the stock is available. The companies that need to override shortages have the option...

.net passport #3
This is more a passport question, but I am worried about my Money access, hence the relevance... I will soon close the email account (yahoo) I used to sign up for Passport years ago. Can I still continue to use the dead email address just as a Passport sign-on, or is there some validation in Passport to only let me sign in with an active address? Thanks a lot, Zoli Go to www.passport.com Go to Member Service Go to Edit my .Net Passport profile Enter your password Right at the top of the next page, your current email address will be listed in bold italics Just below your email ad...

How to do the equivalent of a .net framework panel
I am close to being a novice in MFC. My current MFC projects have been trivial and I have been doing .net for the last 3 years and have become very spoiled. I am now faced with doing another MFC project and I need some help. I have a dialog box (derived from CDialog). I need to put some number (unknown at design time) of a group of controls (each group will contain a couple of labels and a button and who knows) on it. The number and contents of each control in the group will be determined at run time. In .net world, I would design a panel and simply place the panel on the dialog at runti...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Wi
i keep getting this update every few min from the automatic updates on xp pro sp3 this update is installed & it appears in the registry & in the add remove programs it installs says it installed succesfully but it keeps coming up i have tryed removing it from the reg & uninstalling it from add remove program & reinstalling it but this update wont stop coming in any ideas on how to stop this from poping up every 2 min "dez" wrote: > i keep getting this update every few min from the automatic updates on xp pro > sp3 > this update is inst...

Create an Excel Addin with VC++.net?
Can we create an Excel Addin with VC++.net? We are developing an application in c# which interacts with Excel application. The UI will be Excel and based on the inputs given through excel I need to do calculations using managed code (C#). Most of the time is consumed by interacting with excel like displaying values in the workbook or inserting cells based on my requirement. And adding some excel names into the work book etc... Can you suggest me the best way to create an excel addin? It will be helpful if you provide any sample project or sample links. I am planning to use the follo...

about recipient policy
I have put a new recipient policy to give an e-mail address for the users of a group. If I use the option "apply now" then all the users of that group take the new e-mail address, but if I don't do, then the new e-mail isn't applied. I would like to create new users and when I put them into that group they would have the new e-mail address automatically. Why isn't it working automatically? -- Regards, M.G. M.G., Do you have a recipient update service defined and what's the update interval? If these settings look O.K., can you increase the diagnostics lo...

Group Policy SBS 2003
Hi All, I'm trying to setup group policies, which I can do and apply ok. However we have two terminal servers on a SBS 2003 domain, when normal LAN users logon onto the terminals I want to be able to apply a GPO but the GPO should only apply if they log onto the terminal server i.e. I don't want the policy to apply when they log onto their workstation. This is what I have done so far in setting up my GPO and testing : 1. I have created an OU and assigned a GPO with both User and Computer configuration. 2. If I Place a user in the OU the GPO applies when the user next logs...

Using VS2008 to develop CE .Net 4.2 apps with C#
Hi, I am new to CE Development and am not sure if I can use VS2008 to develop for CE .Net v4.2. Is it possible or will I need to use Embedded C++ V4 for my development? TIA "tony@avonwood" <tanda@sample.com> schrieb: >Hi, > >I am new to CE Development and am not sure if I can use VS2008 to develop >for CE .Net v4.2. > >Is it possible or will I need to use Embedded C++ V4 for my development? You can use either VS2005 Standard or VS 2008 Professional. Look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/products/cc149003.aspx Look for Smart Device Develo...

overriding of exes
Hi, We have exe called( say ) ...print.exe with .. cpp file as print.cpp Another application is calling this exe in an API SystemFork(print) SystemFork() in turn call CreateProcess( ) and executes print.exe Now I wanted to modify the functionality and still retain print.exe for some other purpose. So I copied print.cpp as formatprint.cpp and modified the build environment/makefile also. Now I have two exes ..formatprint.exe and print.exe Wherever I need to invoke print.exe I am able to invoke print.exe even now by SystemFork(print) The funny thing which is happening now that wherever ...

Calling SSRS web services via .NET is failing
Hi, Server specs: Windows Server 2003 SP2, R2; SSRS 2005 SP 3 I have a ssrs report that has one parameter, Company, presented as a drop down box. User selects a company, and runs the report, it works great! Now, there are 235 companies in the drop down box..... So instead of the users running it manually for each Company, I wrote a .NET app that once a month, loops through each company that would be in the drop down box and calls the SSRS report and saves the PDF output to a folder. The .NET app uses SSRS's web services feature. So, essentially .NET calls the report 2...